Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:09 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2866) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4661889 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2863) (2864) (2865) (2866) (2867) (2868) (2869) ... (5670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 6:50am On Jul 30, 2020
[quote author=davidtuzy post=92247604] bro am interested.[/quote removing number soon
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 7:01am On Jul 30, 2020
What transport business can one do with a bus (fiat ducato) ? My bus has just been parked for months, I feel it should be generating something.

Ps: na Disiel engine
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 7:07am On Jul 30, 2020
davit:

You re wrong bro. Kindly watch the rating as they give you stars maybe you will understand what I'm saying. After completing trips and your rate doesn't change, it means the rider didn't rate you. He or she may do so later. But watch it when you end a trip and rwmind the rider to rate you and he or she does so immediately. You will see the difference. Check next time.

But if you insist it is not possible, I rest my case.

You are not quite correct, your ratings variation isn't immediate, it's usually combination of several trips.

The % of ratings you get over 10 trips determine your ratings, abeg if you see your ratings drop immediately you drop one rider, Noh be that rider cos am o, nah your past sins catch you o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:13am On Jul 30, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

You are not quite correct, your ratings variation isn't immediate, it's usually combination of several trips.

The % of ratings you get over 10 trips determine your ratings, abeg if you see your ratings drop immediately you drop one rider, Noh be that rider cos am o, nah your past sins catch you o

I go with this, cos Bolt official said they rate drivers after 40 trips. So I know if you can do 15/20 trips back to back without any issue, your rating will surely smile.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 7:17am On Jul 30, 2020
pope191:

I go with this, cos Bolt official said they rate drivers after 40 trips. So I know if you can do 15/20 trips back to back without any issue, your rating will surely smile.

The simple reason they do it is for security reasons, make you Noh go burst rider head or waste groundnut for him body becos him gii u 1 star.

Also it would be less efficient of your ratings have to keep moving after every trip

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:18am On Jul 30, 2020
grin fecility0001 come n see sometin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 7:20am On Jul 30, 2020
davit:

You re wrong bro. Kindly watch the rating as they give you stars maybe you will understand what I'm saying. After completing trips and your rate doesn't change, it means the rider didn't rate you. He or she may do so later. But watch it when you end a trip and rwmind the rider to rate you and he or she does so immediately. You will see the difference. Check next time.

But if you insist it is not possible, I rest my case.

Bros the only way to knowing who rated you is thru the web not app, dere you see Summary of trips vs number of ratings but you U can only guess who rated you if you refreshed as soon as d possible but like I said it's a guess, becos 80% don't rate instantly.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:21am On Jul 30, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

The simple reason they do it is for security reasons, make you Noh go burst rider head or waste groundnut for him body becos him gii u 1 star.

Also it would be less efficient of your ratings have to keep moving after every trip

I can relate, I kind of like Uber rating, cos Bolt rating is hypertensive grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:22am On Jul 30, 2020
Yesterday was stressful, from long pick ups to very difficult destinations, I refuse trips so tay my activity dropped to 54%.

I can't cancel anymore. embarassed make d thing no go enter below 50 grin

After the exit of Ocar and a possible break in of a new entrant, Mykab.
I saw 5 or 6 members of their marketing team yesterday around billings way.
Though, they were canvassing the wrong set of drivers.

Bolt is trying to get a strong grip of the market... By improving on d functionality of the app...

You can see the estimated fare, estimated distance to b covered., the calculate fare feature has been removed

Also, they have started disciplining erring riders who don't pay up or play transfer gimmicks.

This is what Ocar had before they left. If you don't settle your previous bill.,you will b blocked from using your account on Ocar.

That is what competition brings, it makes everyone to sit up.

But, seriously, there is a need for a drivers union.

These guys control the whole racket, the deck of cards, the gaming table and the players... Damn.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:24am On Jul 30, 2020
Crvrider:

Na so the other day one lady refer to me as driver. Wanted to correct her and remind her that my name showed up on her phone when she accepted me for the pickup, but then again I just let it slide ... not worth the effort.
They're not worth the trouble at all. We'll only share together few hours at most and we most certainly won't meet ever again. It's better to just endure except in some exceptional cases

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 7:28am On Jul 30, 2020
chucsmoore:

If you continue cancelling 4 trips in a day, you might wake up one morning to see your rating fall Yakata. Mind you there is a threshold of 22% on all cancellations, if u pass this limit automatically you will be blocked. All cancellations affects rating whether you want to go with rider or not. You just have to keep it minimal. Accepting Trips request without seeing destination @ times boost rating. These kind of trips are likely to be taking you to bad places, drivers reject them alot. Embarking on such trips can increase your rating. I took out time to study how the system works.

This's me in the last 3 months.

Throughout this period, my ratings have not gone below 9.0

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 7:31am On Jul 30, 2020
nitigriti:

No, I don't drive currently.
But that doesn't preclude me from being a stakeholder in this community; don't you see? That's why I use "we."

The reason I’m emphasizing on the WE is because you really are not here for our interests but your EKOCAB thing. You sold us out niti. You could have come like a gentleman to explain everything about the ekocab initially instead you were shielding it and trying to form/argue that we get the appropriate licenses for our operations even though you know fully well how redundant those licenses are and that it is just pure extortion by the govt.

If you claim to be in solidarity with us, you’d have our best interests at heart and let us know of the new initiative even before all the vio harrassments.

Do you want to know how many drivers suffered? How many lost their source of livelihood? Well I’m not mad at you anymore now that I know your angle, you were just acting in your greater interest (Ekocab)

Las las nobody holy pass.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 7:31am On Jul 30, 2020
pope191:

I can relate, I kind of like Uber rating, cos Bolt rating is hypertensive grin

Bolt ratings is terrible, nah number 1 thing wey make me hate del be dat, dropped dia silly app since last year.

I think the 40 trips threshold should be reduced to 10 like Uber, that's why u don't see Uber ratings emanciating like bolt own. undecided

Bolt 4.9 for morning, u smile but within 2hrs u fit see 4.5. Omo!! Those days were hell, ur heart go just dey cut. grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 7:36am On Jul 30, 2020
peeps4u:
Daddy, CALM DOWN.

He's a stakeholder on this thread, a veteran in ehailing job for that matter.

I know bro.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 7:39am On Jul 30, 2020
Beng1234:
What transport business can one do with a bus (fiat ducato) ? My bus has just been parked for months, I feel it should be generating something.

Ps: na Disiel engine

You could take the seats off and use it to carry loads in the market. This approach is less stressful, unlike using it to transport passengers.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 30, 2020
davit:
Oga what about your rating? Just wondering if you treat them as you said. The one I still managed to do well yesterday landed me 1 star for not allowing her do shopping inside my car even when trip don end!

The way you present yourself from the begining matters starting from the first call....I am not crazy, I am educated and I understand I am offering a service...I will do my best to atleast make it a cool experience....and if you want otherwise, I can pick you from your point A and still drop you at your point A.

On Rating...if you like drive some of them from their room to the room of where they are heading to they can still rate you low or even ignore the rating.... My rating goes up and down......I think it's normal in this kind of business environment.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ekehopp: 7:59am On Jul 30, 2020
If your ratings drop after a ride, then its low rating from that particular rider. For Bolt its last 40 abi 50 rides, so the good thing is that you can climb back up again by providing excellent service.

But for uber, see attached screen shot. Break down of rating is provided. But seems not all riders vote, because total trips for me is about double that amount. Also rating based on last 500

N/B. This na simple maths
28 X 5 = 140
4 X 1 = 4
140 + 4 = 144
144/29 = 4.9655, approximately 4.97 rounded up to 2 decimal places

So with the rating above and I'm then given 1 star by next rider, it becomes
144 + 1 = 145
145/30 = 4.83

See the drop from 4.97 to 4.83? Watch your ratings, provide excellent service.

Bigleaf1006:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:00am On Jul 30, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Bolt ratings is terrible, nah number 1 thing wey make me hate del be dat, dropped dia silly app since last year.

I think the 40 trips threshold should be reduced to 10 like Uber, that's why u don't see Uber ratings emanciating like bolt own. undecided

Bolt 4.9 for morning, u smile but within 2hrs u fit see 4.5. Omo!! Those days were hell, ur heart go just dey cut. grin

grin if only they understand the effort it takes to build rating just to crash it anyhow

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 8:21am On Jul 30, 2020
ekehopp:
If your ratings drop after a ride, then its low rating from that particular rider. For Bolt its last 40 abi 50 rides, so the good thing is that you can climb back up again by providing excellent service.

But for uber, see attached screen shot. Break down of rating is provided. But seems not all riders vote, because total trips for me is about double that amount. Also rating based on last 500

So you feel if just your next rider gives you 1 star ,ur rating go come reduce after that one trip

I am sorry to say sir, you are wrong sir wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:40am On Jul 30, 2020
davit:
Guys in Uber Felicity0001, pope901 please what platform of Uber are you before you can do destination setting? Keep getting not possible message from Uber anytime I try to set.

I'm still on Uber Pro.
My man the set destination feature on uber is what I've not come to understand properly, the only thing I can say is since I became a premium driver I set destination MORE than when I first started
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:51am On Jul 30, 2020
bolabiyi:
recently, i told him of my inability to save for a new apartment as i am under fire in my present apartment. he said Biyi dont worry, God will make a way. i drove to his house the next morning to pick him for work....ME.. good morning sir, how was ur night? he replied, fine. i thought about you yrsterday night and i have decided to support. i will support you u with 300,000. i was shocked shocked shocked is this how God works? so is not about struggle shocked i wept inside thanking God. he requested for my acct num and transferred. im writing this to encourage someone....dont be discourage with ur present circumstance, dont rely on ur struggles......seek God and you will testify... Blessings only come from God.... one love guys...
Hmm... Bless your heart my brother for this great testimony as I key into it.

Honestly I'm already tired with this job, in fact I'm ashamed. For how long long now I've been driving I can even raise money to pay for house rent, no savings, no good life, nothing...

May my destination helper come my way because I'm already fed up.

If one can not pay his major bills with what he finds himself doing what then is the excess of doing the job?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:55am On Jul 30, 2020
chucsmoore:

If you continue cancelling 4 trips in a day, you might wake up one morning to see your rating fall Yakata. Mind you there is a threshold of 22% on all cancellations, if u pass this limit automatically you will be blocked. All cancellations affects rating whether you want to go with rider or not. You just have to keep it minimal. Accepting Trips request without seeing destination @ times boost rating. These kind of trips are likely to be taking you to bad places, drivers reject them alot. Embarking on such trips can increase your rating. I took out time to study how the system works.
Damn the rating bro! cheesy
I don’t go to all these bad places and I cancel nothing less than 5 trips daily. Been on 4.97 for about two weeks until yesterday when it dropped to 4.95.

Since the closure of 3MB, I have not gone past Osborne and Apongbon, fear they catch me. I fit loose my sanity with the reports of traffic I’ve been seeing grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:09am On Jul 30, 2020
DEGREE2466:

Don't feel like a God. People do this a lot. Even on Fiverr, people make such requests and it gets granted.

People make much more daring requests like having their company name registered in the United States.

If I had known this is the way you would react, I wouldn't bother. I didn't go straight to sending you a private message so it doesn't seem like I have an ulterior motive.

Just to receive a phone from e-commerce website and ship to Nigeria is rude?

Please swerve.

For the respondent asking why I didn't consider using DHL, some of these businesses don't ship to Nigeria. Ask anybody that buy from eBay and Amazon, they have people that receive their items and ship them to Nigeria. Even the ShopToMyDoor that someone recommended, they have their agents in the States.

The mistake I made was getting in touch with the wrong person and quoting her on the wrong thread (my intention was never to post on Uber thread, it happened that this thread is where she comments most so I just quoted her last comment when I searched).

Let's die this. I never wanted to respond any further but someone is already feeling like a demi-god
Such arrogance... Empty can they say....

Guy learn to be humble because if you continue with this kind of attitude no one will help you.

Mind you the internet never forgets

You made a wrong request which automatically means you did something wrong and people corrected you instead you rather chose to insult because the person finds your request offensive.

Agungun be carefull ooh

They're watching you.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:27am On Jul 30, 2020
Oluwabengz:

Don't even say Amazon don't ship to Nigeria. I ordered an earpod from Amazon and it was delivered to my doorstep
Don't mind that guy... A Guy is presently in police custody for over 2months now for operating a Twitter parody account on the former President's name GEJ. Though there is a declaimer on the account which Twitter allows but the police still refused to release this guy simply because they know what his intentions would be in the nearest future.

What this guy ought to have ask is "please madam or the general public how do I receive an item from the state from online purchase"?

Even me wey get same blood who has a British passport never even try make such a stupid request to him let alone a total stranger online.

Phone oh no b say na motor him won cheap in self.

If to say he beg her to send him a phone self me I'm 100% sure say mama go do am without a 2nd request but asking for her mailing address No na!! That guy fuckup
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 9:27am On Jul 30, 2020
Crvrider:

You could take the seats off and use it to carry loads in the market. This approach is less stressful, unlike using it to transport passengers.

There are no seats. I use for my own personal logistics. But since I haven’t been working, the bus hasn’t been working too. That load idea na correct one but na person wey sabi way round market e go Favour.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 9:28am On Jul 30, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

So you feel if just your next rider gives you 1 star ,ur rating go come reduce after that one trip

I am sorry to say sir, you are wrong sir wink

Uber rating is different if he gets 1 star rating it will reflect immediately and take him to 4.5 - 4.6 I have experienced it.
Ok see my recent experience

Na so God save me on Sunday after I dropped off a rider@ somolu around 7:45pm I decided to set destination to festac town, when I got Anthony under bridge a request came in PU was Coker rd by town planning I ask rider where to he said Maryland Note
I set destination to festac town I decided to do the trip because of no traffic after I picked rider he was with another guy standing on the road side immediately Parked he jumped in front alone wearing jeans denim up/down na so I start to feel somehow I start by approaching town planning way to enter express na the guy say make I do U turn said we are picking someone on the same Coker rd na so I para say I set destination and he was going to Maryland so I don't have time for all dis I made a U turn dropped the in front of all dis estate security d guy refused to get down that I should drop him@ a lonely roundabout I ignored him until he got down treating me sayin I go see na so I fire down to my destination note d trip was surge and it ended 1k under 2-3min I no collect money I l8r report to Ubar dy pay me 4h, when I got home another 1 star don enter me know say na d guy. Low and behold d next day I saw a report on NL PL be careful out there, guy on dreadlocks looks like the rider that I picked he was even complaining that I should off my inner light.

https://www.nairaland.com/6017146/police-arrest-2-dispatch-riders

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:29am On Jul 30, 2020
Oluwabengz:

Don't even say Amazon don't ship to Nigeria. I ordered an earpod from Amazon and it was delivered to my doorstep
Guy abeg how you take do payment jor me I like buy some cheap items please explain how I can pay online. Or is it just to pay using a master card alone?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:36am On Jul 30, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Executive cab my ass, with 17 years old Corolla like @izzou said.

You really need to quit the entitlement mentality,everybody will always want to be at an advantage, it's the game and if you can't get the longer end of the stick, just drop it.
This Guy enh... You won't share with us how you're staying afloat instead you talk men down on their concerns

17yrs ok car no be car? People still buy 1960s jaguar, roycrolls and others.

Which side are you in for self?

Drivers side or ehailing coy's?

Or are you a spy?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 9:46am On Jul 30, 2020
E be like say today go make sense, first trip of the day, rider say she dey hungry, make we first go tfc for enyo, she entered the car and gave me this.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:57am On Jul 30, 2020
Felicity0001:

This Guy enh... You won't share with us how you're staying afloat instead you talk men down on their concerns

17yrs ok car no be car? People still buy 1960s jaguar, roycrolls and others.

Which side are you in for self?

Drivers side or ehailing coy's?

Or are you a spy?

My broda!! I am on your side, I am only being realistic.

I just feel it's not ok for people wasting their time on what's not worth it.

I have always said,I don't solely depend on e hailing,so Uber and bolt can do whatever they like with their fares, I don't really care.

Lack of fulfilment and hunger with all these e hailing apps pushed me to seek alternative and o haven't regretted ever since

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 10:04am On Jul 30, 2020
Slickleo:

Uber rating is different if he gets 1 star rating it will reflect immediately and take him to 4.5 - 4.6 I have experienced it.
Ok see my recent experience

Na so God save me on Sunday after I dropped off a rider@ somolu around 7:45pm I decided to set destination to festac town, when I got Anthony under bridge a request came in PU was Coker rd by town planning I ask rider where to he said Maryland Note
I set destination to festac town I decided to do the trip because of no traffic after I picked rider he was with another guy standing on the road side immediately Parked he jumped in front alone wearing jeans denim up/down na so I start to feel somehow I start by approaching town planning way to enter express na the guy say make I do U turn said we are picking someone on the same Coker rd na so I para say I set destination and he was going to Maryland so I don't have time for all dis I made a U turn dropped the in front of all dis estate security d guy refused to get down that I should drop him@ a lonely roundabout I ignored him until he got down treating me sayin I go see na so I fire down to my destination note d trip was surge and it ended 1k under 2-3min I no collect money I l8r report to Ubar dy pay me 4h, when I got home another 1 star don enter me know say na d guy. Low and behold d next day I saw a report on NL PL be careful out there, guy on dreadlocks looks like the rider that I picked he was even complaining that I should off my inner light.

https://www.nairaland.com/6017146/police-arrest-2-dispatch-riders

Thank God for your life, it's really crazy out dia, lastma,vio, police,frsc,LG touts, criminal riders that won't pay after service,thief's that want to rob you of your money and your cars,app companies with crazy fares and high commissions, bad roads that wreck your car like no tomorrow, kazeem wey wan cut your neck because him believe say u dey cash out.

Omo!! I just weak

Omo

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:26am On Jul 30, 2020
Beng1234:

There are no seats. I use for my own personal logistics. But since I haven’t been working, the bus hasn’t been working too. That load idea na correct one but na person wey sabi way round market e go Favour.

You could go to a major market around your area and ask those guys how it works. I know it's doable and less likely to cause you stress from agberos collecting money on every busstop.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2863) (2864) (2865) (2866) (2867) (2868) (2869) ... (5670) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.