Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:22 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2869) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4661604 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2866) (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) (2871) (2872) ... (5670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 12:09am On Jul 31, 2020
Vision2045:

U for tell me quick na...wey I dey find person who go EPP me buy pepper for Salah grin grin grin
haahaaaaaaaa grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 12:28am On Jul 31, 2020
stacyadams:
grin grin grin. Ur car Engine fall off from d bonnet on that god forsaken road??
Jezzzz , cant imagine what people face on dat road everyday , I was even lucky today is public holiday, the rubbish trip from odoungunyan sef with plenty traffic and stop over in surulere ended 5050

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmychib: 12:58am On Jul 31, 2020
kodred:

Abort mission. I repeat, abort mission!
Can you please explain further

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 6:33am On Jul 31, 2020
nitigriti:

It is not your duty to fix a car you are renting. If the car is not okay for e-hailing and weekly remittance the same hour you pick it up, then don't bother yourself at all.

Let me use two of my previous partners as examples. I remember one gave me #5,000 cash to buy fuel in the car to start off. The other was a fleet Management company. The day I went to pick the car, the fuel tank was full, plus I had two free days to drive and report any faults before I started remitting.

Good old days

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 7:06am On Jul 31, 2020
eyinola:
I see pepper for abule ado, alakija today cooljezzzz

After several warnings here, you still go Abule Ado? Na man u be oo grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 7:12am On Jul 31, 2020
eyinola:
Jezzzz , cant imagine what people face on dat road everyday , I was even lucky today is public holiday, the rubbish trip from odoungunyan sef with plenty traffic and stop over in surulere ended 5050

U still go Ikorodu again.... U be Okunrin meta. The only thing that can take me to Ikorodu is a well paid offline trip

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 7:17am On Jul 31, 2020
Oluwabengz:

After several warnings here, you still go Abule Ado? Na man u be oo grin
this life no balance bro, wen i drop off the rider from ikorodu to Alakija bus stop, it was a smooth ride as i didn't enter alakija, but request came in PU abule ado to isolo general hospital and ino wan blow empty from that side..as I drop the rider at isolo see request coming in every seconds grin and none was going my destination i just jejely off my app
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 7:31am On Jul 31, 2020
eyinola:
this life no balance bro, wen i drop off the rider from ikorodu to Alakija bus stop, it was a smooth ride as i didn't enter alakija, but request came in PU abule ado to isolo general hospital and ino wan blow empty from that side..as I drop the rider at isolo see request coming in every seconds grin and none was going my destination i just jejely off my app

When next you go to alakija, just turn back and enter festac.
You'll surely get a trip to a better location.

I no get strength now to share my crazy experience yesterday and how I suffered the wicked traffic from bager to mowe yesterday.
My brain haven't rested enough from it.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:34am On Jul 31, 2020
eyinola:
God save u say na public holiday, u for see more pepper.
When we tell you to select trip e get why.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 7:49am On Jul 31, 2020
emmychib:

Can you please explain further

Unfavorable curfew
Less commercial activity (covid)
Bad roads
Low fares (Going to get even lower)
Terrible traffic
Heartless kazeems
Expensive professionals (mechanics)
Expensive parts
Heartless riders (lol)
Wicked app companies
Entitled touts
Opportunistic law enforcement

Them plenty bro. The business is not worth it at the moment although a lot can change between now and when you want to come in. You can keep an eye out for improvements though but incase your head is still strong, try not to invest much in the car.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 7:53am On Jul 31, 2020
Gentlelife50:

God save u say na public holiday, u for see more pepper.
When we tell you to select trip e get why.
ino fit try am on a busy day oooo , u know how many trips i don reject if i just here fe before the stac i don japa grin grin especially wen trip take u to okota
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:16am On Jul 31, 2020
pope191:

Don't begin oo... shabi u get plan to unsit Uber ceo, continue grin

If that will make our drivers' life better, I wouldnt mind doing that
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 8:24am On Jul 31, 2020
kodred:

I don’t understand. How can you be fixing a car you don’t own and haven’t driven? What kinda partner is that? Oboy do legwork outta that place mhen.

There was one funny one, driver took vehicle out of Lagos without owners knowledge, owner found out and was dead furious.

Driver pleaded with him to allow him come back that they should settle the matter, job was to run for 2 weeks in Delta state.

When driver returned, owner asked to be paid 100k instead of regular 60k that would have been rental for the 2 weeks, driver agreed and paid 80k to balance 20k.

Owner come still hold driver say nah him go sort maintenance after collecting 100k. Nah him quarrel start o!!

Some people ehn grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmychib: 8:49am On Jul 31, 2020
kodred:

Unfavorable curfew
Less commercial activity (covid)
Bad roads
Low fares (Going to get even lower)
Terrible traffic
Heartless kazeems
Expensive professionals (mechanics)
Expensive parts
Heartless riders (lol)
Wicked app companies
Entitled touts
Opportunistic law enforcement

Them plenty bro. The business is not worth it at the moment although a lot can change between now and when you want to come in. You can keep an eye out for improvements though but incase your head is still strong, try not to invest much in the car.
Thanks a lot for this boss. I will definitely keep an eye on it.
May God bless you , I appreciate
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:52am On Jul 31, 2020
Oluwabengz:

I bought an Amazon gift card from a Vendor on NL and loaded it into my account. If you wanna buy any Amazon gift card, make sure you buy the one that was bought with cash and have a receipt. He get why
Can we we chat on WhatsApp? Drop ur contact pls. E get y
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:09am On Jul 31, 2020
peeps4u:

No, they won't slash it to that extent but leave you to a fare where u make lil earnings which might not be enough to pay drivers' bills and even fix cars when major repairs beacon.
Even with the current fare can drivers still pay their bills, feed well, look good and healthy and have a savings?

You seems not to understand the way the mind of a slave master works.

They subject you to a life that you appreciate any little penny they render to you then you see them as god and will do what so ever they ask and want you to do.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:19am On Jul 31, 2020
Felicity0001:

Even with the current fare can drivers still pay their bills, feed well, look good and healthy and have a savings?

You seems not to understand the way the mind of a slave master works.

They subject you to a life that you appreciate any little penny they render to you then you see them as god and will do what so ever they ask and want you to do.

Beta oyel dey ur head!! Sense Wii not kii u

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:23am On Jul 31, 2020
1daboi:
@ pope191, hows uber now? Is it coming regularly? I mean requests

The pictures should give you the answer you need.

Meanwhile, I've gotten a better reason to cancel. First time uber will appreciate my effortary to cancel a ride and still says they might block riders account if another driver cancel for same reason.

As a matter of fact I converted the trip to offline and the retired olosho woman show me whin! That I regretted doing the trip offline and I've also decided never to do offline again unless if the rider is ready to pay my charge.

In the flip side. Happy Eid Al-Adha to all my Muslim brothers and sisters in this house, please bear in mind that I love you all. But make una remember invite me for salah ram oooh

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:36am On Jul 31, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Run!!

In my Jew days!! I took a car on rental for hustle, car started giving issues from the very day I picked it up.Shaft pulled that very day.

Owner accused me of spoiling it, he managed to fix but with lots of grumble.

Was able to manage to be meeting weekly rentals afterwards but car had perenial suspension problems from ball joints to linkages to steering sockets to disc,to tyres even to a/c.

At end of the day owner accused me of damaging all these things and insisted i must fix after collecting his weekly rentals.We ended up at police station.

I will never forget that drama all my life

Chia you don suffer 4 dis shal...lolzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:40am On Jul 31, 2020
kodred:

Guys adhere strictly to this advice. I lost 130 gees and my amazon account because I bought a gift card bought with CC.
How person won com take know gift card with original receipt wey person use cash buy na.

You sure say no be ATM card go better pass so?

Whats the advantages of using a gift card to make purchase as against a card self?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 9:48am On Jul 31, 2020
Felicity0001:

Can we we chat on WhatsApp? Drop ur contact pls. E get y

Refer to my signature bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:09am On Jul 31, 2020
Felicity0001:

How person won com take know gift card with original receipt wey person use cash buy na.

Whats the advantages of using a gift card to make purchase as against a card self?

On d receipt u will see paid by cash
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:17am On Jul 31, 2020
kodred:

Nope don’t make it seem like he’s desperate. It’s this kind of attitude that makes the elite treat the commoners the way they do. He should have some dignity and self respect. How can you advise him to fix what he had no knowledge of?

I have no doubt that if he agrees, the partner will frustrate him further.
I just wonder ooh...

What kind of partner would that be. What has happened to first impression?

25k weekly rent at this time self is a no no for me let alone for a newbie like him.

Let him learn from bigleaf earlier story else na police go settle their matter

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:35am On Jul 31, 2020
Please fam,. Is there a part of elegushi beach that is open to public, a client wants to take some wedding shots?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:38am On Jul 31, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

There was one funny one, driver took vehicle out of Lagos without owners knowledge, owner found out and was dead furious.

Driver pleaded with him to allow him come back that they should settle the matter, job was to run for 2 weeks in Delta state.

When driver returned, owner asked to be paid 100k instead of regular 60k that would have been rental for the 2 weeks, driver agreed and paid 80k to balance 20k.

Owner come still hold driver say nah him go sort maintenance after collecting 100k. Nah him quarrel start o!!

Some people ehn grin
I really want ua to discuss this issue self.

For goodness sale I'm renting this car and the car ia registered to move anywhere within Nigeria provided I stay kin to the contract agreement which doesn't include not travelling out of state with the car so why would a partner disagrees for a renter not to travel outta state with a car his paying/renting?

I don't get it.

The other time I shared an experience with my first and former partner I still remember some people questioned me why I should use my rental car for family runs when I've my personal car parked at the garage, I'm like are you kidding??!!!

So if you have an official car you won't use it for anything apart from official duties?

Let's discuss this guy.

Both drivers and partner should drop their views

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:44am On Jul 31, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Beta oyel dey ur head!! Sense Wii not kii u
Amin jesu
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 10:51am On Jul 31, 2020
Felicity0001:

Pope already answered the first question. One of the advantage is you pay less as compared to when using your atm card to buy stuff on amazon.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 11:09am On Jul 31, 2020
Neatly Nigerian used Toyota corolla 04 for sale 1.2m 189k millage.

Call for inspection 07016085626
Location Abule egba

Sold
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
Felicity0001:

I really want ua to discuss this issue self.

For goodness sale I'm renting this car and the car ia registered to move anywhere within Nigeria provided I stay kin to the contract agreement which doesn't include not travelling out of state with the car so why would a partner disagrees for a renter not to travel outta state with a car his paying/renting?

I don't get it.

The other time I shared an experience with my first and former partner I still remember some people questioned me why I should use my rental car for family runs when I've my personal car parked at the garage, I'm like are you kidding??!!!

So if you have an official car you won't use it for anything apart from official duties?

Let's discuss this guy.

Both drivers and partner should drop their views

It depends on the terms of the contract, if owner says you should not go out of Lagos and it's clearly stated in your agreement,you have no choice but to abide

But most owners will say you need their consent first.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
Island peeps, how is awoyaya road of recent. I know rains have stopped for a while.

Cc: izzou, gentle life, Don fortunate n other gurus
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
northbird:
Island peeps, how is awoyaya road of recent. I know rains have stopped for a while.

Cc: gentle life, Don fortunate n other gurus

Haven't been there in a while

But I know it should be motorable now. The rains have stopped
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bolabiyi: 2:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
Felicity0001:

Hmm... Bless your heart my brother for this great testimony as I key into it.

Honestly I'm already tired with this job, in fact I'm ashamed. For how long long now I've been driving I can even raise money to pay for house rent, no savings, no good life, nothing...

May my destination helper come my way because I'm already fed up.

If one can not pay his major bills with what he finds himself doing what then is the excess of doing the job?
my bro....God will come through...trust God, and you will be amazed......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2866) (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) (2871) (2872) ... (5670) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: donbrowser(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.