Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3037) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4721983 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3034) (3035) (3036) (3037) (3038) (3039) (3040) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 7:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
nwizu042:

Nairaland lawyers where are thou?
Jpworld abeg come flex muscle here please.
No shades o @jpworld thank you.

dapotemi

That owner is very greedy. He can't demand 1m outright

If Driver has actually paid up to 3 fifth of the payment, he cannot just retrieve the car, he need to visit the court.

HP has a law in Nigeria guiding HP transactions.

Just as lagos state house rent law, you must draft an agreement with what the law stipulates.

I can assist you in 2 ways.

Option 1:

Send a copy of the hp agreement.

I will reach out to my lawyer for briefing. If lawyer says we have a chance in court, then we go court, if you win, you refund me the legal fee.

Option 2:

Pay the 2 months money, you're owning, then you refund me 10k weekly.

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 7:56pm On Sep 30, 2020
chillex8:

There should be a clause in the contract that covers for accidents and force majeure. Revert to it and there-in lies your answers.

P.S HP agreements always favor car owners.

Force majeure still have clauses, what if the accident is due to the negligence or recklessness of the driver.

You see the point, some owners have only 1 car, they survive with ur weekly payment, they might not even be able to bring out anither 2million to buy another car. He didn't go into the business for charity, he bought a Corolla for additional income, or survival.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 8:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
jpworld:

dapotemi

If Driver has actually paid up to 3 fifth of the payment, he cannot just retrieve the car, he need to visit the court.

Just as lagos state house rent law, you must draft an agreement with what the law stipulates.

Option 1:

I will reach out to my lawyer for briefing. If lawyer says we have a chance in court, then we go court, if you win, you refund me the legal fee.

Option 2:

Thumbs up for you @jpworld.
This is the kind of input I like and want from you.
Thank you. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hvac: 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2020
jpworld:

dapotemi

Option 1:

Option 2:

God bless you

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by matuskyoo7(m): 8:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
Plse help a broda...am in need of a car to drive either HP or rental.. your remittance will be on point no story....contact..09014920224
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 9:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
jpworld:

dapotemi

Option 1:

Option 2:

That's great

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jahmarsh: 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
valencia25:

Chief, I'm here to get a new person and I want someone closer to my axis for assessments.

Is that too much of a request?

No, please don't mind the manner of my comment.
I was saying it will be straightforward to state if new driver can apply too
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2020
@dru23, and all the bosses on this awesome thread. Pls is civic 2009 rugged enough for this hustle? As I see it as too fragile.

2, how much is good to give it out on HP? N:b the guy was using the car till he left the country and claims it's in good condition.

Thanks in advance
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:08pm On Sep 30, 2020
jpworld:

dapotemi

Option 1:

Option 2:

Glad u said a copy of agreement, there's no room for emotions in contract, and I'm yet to see any HP law in Nigeria outside the MOU between both parties signed and sealed in court. I always tell people be clear about agreement before pending your signature, at the end it's what you agree on they will use to judge you, just like driver will say owner didn't specify boundaries or route. Hopefully there is a space for unforseen circumstances and duration in their clause, if not... we honestly can't fault the owner, he only set a trap, waiting for his victim. Good and bad r relative, so I'll keep my verdict to myself on this.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2020
Babadee1900:
Currently considering letting go of this baby kiss
Give me a nice offer and it could be yours cool

Asking price please
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by valencia25(m): 10:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
jahmarsh:

No, please don't mind the manner of my comment.
I was saying it will be straightforward to state if new driver can apply too

Yes, new driver can apply... cheers wink

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
pope191:

Glad u said a copy of agreement, there's no room for emotions in contract, and I'm yet to see any HP law in Nigeria outside the MOU between both parties signed and sealed in court. I always tell people be clear about agreement before pending your signature, at the end it's what you agree on they will use to judge you, just like driver will say owner didn't specify boundaries or route. Hopefully there is a space for unforseen circumstances and duration in their clause, if not... we honestly can't fault the owner, he only set a trap, waiting for his victim. Good and bad r relative, so I'll keep my verdict to myself on this.

but there is law that regulate such agreements, just like you take a loan from bank, cbn will peg at 20% for example but some banks will demand 25%.

House rent for example, if you prepare rental agreement demanding 2years payment, and the tenant sign it, and you visit the court for breach of contract with such agreement, it will be thrown out.

Part of the regulation is:

If the driver has paid above 1.5million from 2.5m agreed, that is 3 fifth of the total money, u can't just go and withdraw the car, you need to visit the court to do so.

I'm asking for a copy of the contract to see if there is any loophole, or if it's within the regulation.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odimbannamdi(m): 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2020
jpworld:

dapotemi

Option 1:

Option 2:

Nice one, sir

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
jpworld:

dapotemi

Option 1:

Option 2:

Jpworld for fleet owners' president.
O to ge for Dru23.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chloride6: 12:15am On Oct 01, 2020
valencia25:

Chief, I'm here to get a new person and I want someone closer to my axis for assessments.

Hi I'm in the market for a car for rent.

New driver also.

How can i reach you?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 2:36am On Oct 01, 2020
1daboi:
@dru23, and all the bosses on this awesome thread. Pls is civic 2009 rugged enough for this hustle? As I see it as too fragile.

2, how much is good to give it out on HP? N:b the guy was using the car till he left the country and claims it's in good condition.

Thanks in advance

Car very rugged, engine block is aluminum, ground clearance is low but wit bigger tyre and suspension been stiffer it will survive and also needs an engr dat knows it not any kazeem, be careful with the American spec
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 2:37am On Oct 01, 2020
jpworld:

but there is law that regulate such agreements, just like you take a loan from bank, cbn will peg at 20% for example but some banks will demand 25%.

House rent for example, if you prepare rental agreement demanding 2years payment, and the tenant sign it, and you visit the court for breach of contract with such agreement, it will be thrown out.

If the driver has paid above 1.5million from 2.5m agreed, that is 3 fifth of the total money, u can't just go and withdraw the car, you need to visit the court to do so.

I'm asking for a copy of the contract to see if there is any loophole, or if it's within the regulation.
Jpworldwide smiley na nw u come grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:53am On Oct 01, 2020
1daboi:

Thanks in advance

Never had experience with the civic 09 at all .. But I feel that the 2003 to 2005 are more rugged only issue is ground clearance... but if you can rims 1 size bigger than the original size , than you get a better ground clearance
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by PuZZyNegro: 5:07am On Oct 01, 2020
For those that get confused when Google maps says, head East, or West or Notheast to Opebi road.

Here's the solution. First click on "Direction" on the Google map and the arrow should be pointing on the direction you are to take.

Alternatively, head north means continue straight on the road that you are. Head South means face front where your back is. Follow the images below for the rest.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 6:39am On Oct 01, 2020
We are your number one source to get any vehicle checked. We make it easy for you to discover the complete history of any used car before you buy or sell it. It only takes a couple of minutes, and you'll have peace of mind before you buy . Have that peace of mind knowing the vehicle's complete history.
You’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report.

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:26am On Oct 01, 2020
Happy new Month, Brethren grin

It's the 10th month, and nobody died
Nobody had a fatal accident
Nobody caught HIV from lighting ovens

I'm happy for y'all.

More blessings, brothers smiley

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 7:39am On Oct 01, 2020
For processing of your new vehicle registration (Lagos number plate), change of ownership, renewal of vehicle particulars such as vehicle licence, hackney permit, third-party and comprehensive insurance, roadworthiness certificate, heavy duty permit, driver's licence processing and renewal, please Call: 08033539981 or

WhatsApp: 08182880902

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IgweBUIKE1(m): 7:53am On Oct 01, 2020
valencia25:

and where are you located
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eldemmi(m): 8:08am On Oct 01, 2020
Babadee1900:
Not this one!
anyway to contact you? am not around now but we can work something out .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by valencia25(m): 8:25am On Oct 01, 2020
IgweBUIKE1:
and where are you located
I want a driver within Alimosho
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IgweBUIKE1(m): 8:27am On Oct 01, 2020
valencia25:

I want a driver within Alimosho
yeah i stay within alimosho... 08167307621
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:41am On Oct 01, 2020
jpworld:

Yep! I got what u r saying, we r on d same page, but my point is we can only act of the agreement they both have/had. I am sure you should know more about being registered under CAC and paying tax when it come to law as well, many time we neglect that catch up with us when matter arise
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 8:43am On Oct 01, 2020
Good morning y’all. How’s the road to Agbara? Would be going through Igando.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:48am On Oct 01, 2020
Eldemmi:

anyway to contact you? am not around now but we can work something out .
Drop your phone number sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:49am On Oct 01, 2020
samobaba4u:

Asking price please
750,000 fixed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:49am On Oct 01, 2020
Eizenburg:
Good morning y’all. How’s the road to Agbara? Would be going through Igando.

Abort mission oh

Agbara is very bad. But if the money is worth it,..... cool

Also set aside a particular amount for washing the car...E must
RED

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eldemmi(m): 9:02am On Oct 01, 2020
Babadee1900:
Drop your phone number sir
we can roll on WhatsApp sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3034) (3035) (3036) (3037) (3038) (3039) (3040) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: abella22, lanre2009 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.