Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4722461 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3163) (3164) (3165) (3166) (3167) (3168) (3169) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
jide4lagos:

Thanks for this. My own is that the name on the car papers are different from the name on my temporary driver's licence. Will bolt accept this?

Papers name and DL name difference doesnt matter. Uber accepts temporary DL for registration, not sure for bolt but I doubt.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 12:56pm On Nov 23, 2020
peeps4u:

Papers name and DL name difference doesnt matter. Uber accepts temporary DL for registration, not sure for bolt but I doubt.

Good luck

Both of them accept Temp. DL.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 1:13pm On Nov 23, 2020
peeps4u:

No, uber actually accepts temporary DL. Not really sure for bolt

Are you sure

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
donfortune48:

Both of them accept Temp. DL.

Una don confuse me finish .
So what do we mean by temporary Drivers license?
Is it not the paper license frsc gives you before your original (plastic) DL comes out or I don't understand?
Uber didn’t allow me driver for 3months cos of dt, while bolt had even forgotten that they registered me.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kamikaze42: 1:27pm On Nov 23, 2020
Dovehorizon:

You are doing well.

Get an orthopedic mattress, yeah it is expensive but gonna help you in the long run...

Thanks bro.

I usually get the pain when seating in the car. I would try using extra pillow on the seat. Office too na too siddon
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
BAZ001:

Are you sure

Yes, did my uber registration with temporary DL
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kamikaze42: 1:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
northbird:

You are doing well for starters... With time, you will have a grasp of how traffic situation works and how to exploit it.

Back pain? Watch your diet, don't sit too long at a spot,.

Only Uber? Try the Bolt app, you will get a better bang for your buck on Bolt especially weekdays. ( specific destination trips.).

Cheers!

Imma try out the Bolt app too and compare. Albeit, the longest waiting time I have had so far has not exceeded 10 mins. However, bolt may yield more money for the same driving time and stress.

Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kamikaze42: 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2020
peeps4u:

At number 7, dont be a lazy driver. Why should you have a back pain? #jokes

Not a very bad one but you can still do better. If you consider fuel, your net income might be around 100k for the month or there about. Hope the car is yours?

That's BTW, why didnt you register with bilt also? There might be some areas where bolt will come in handy. I once waited for about 30mins with uber at Unilag and no request came in. This was before covid oo.

Sorry for your back pain, hope your legs arent aching and vibrating during sleep? Mine did in my early days

Take care of yourself, dont joke with back pain. Good luck

Yes the car is mine. If I had my way, I would rather give the car to a driver and ensure I get to the office by 8 and back home by 6 so that it can keeop making money within 8 and 5 when I close.

He can drive and then we share the money accordingly, but you know the rest. Story story would start immediately and I may regret, so I am kuku managing the free time.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
Kamikaze42:

Yes the car is mine. If I had my way, I would rather give the car to a driver and ensure I get to the office by 8 and back home by 6 so that it can keeop making money within 8 and 5 when I close.

He can drive and then we share the money accordingly, but you know the rest. Story story would start immediately and I may regret, so I am kuku managing the free time.

Bro, dey manage am like that. I'm sure you made 60-80/90/100k net excluding fuel from the 130k uber net. That's something added to your salary. Don't entertain the thought of giving it to driver on per time basis.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2020
peeps4u:

Pope, stop liking girls' asses on IG and read the man's post again sir

grin I got is post well enough, was yabbing on another tin entirely... and about d girls? U won't understand, I pray make d gods commot woman matter for ur life grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
Kamikaze42:

I am not certain I understand the matches and 359 degree part.

60/100, where do I need to improve? At least, I would ensure I have masks on all the time now.

To b an overall driver with excellent performance, u need a matches, incase u want to light some tin or ur rider wants to light some tin.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bukkysam(f): 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2020
hvac:
I have for sale
upload ur pictures or chat me on whatsapp through my signature
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2020
jpworld:

There are plenty of good gear master in ladipo, you will find them, where they are selling gear parts.

Don't go to those roadside mechanics in ladipo, they're horrible.

One of my car experience similar issue and it was fix perfectly.

Thanks will check wm out.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hefelove(m): 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
Kamikaze42:
My few experiences in my 1 month driving with only Uber.

1. I ride on my way to the office (Lekki to VI), going back home and then weekends. I have done 128 trips (Trips request: 303, Declined: 78, Cancelled: 16)
2. I am currently on 4.81 rating ( 5 Star: 65, 4 Star: 4, 3 Star: 1, 1 Star: 2 (No Nose Mask))
3. Total net earnings: 130,524 (Including fuel)
4. Got a tip of $30 (#14,250) from a rider rushing to the international airport
5. Still struggling to get #4,900 from a woman I also took to the airport but with issues on bank transfer (Jaiz to Zenith)
6. Met different kinds of people, mostly normal. The rides are usually silent with only radio as I do not talk much.
7. I am already developing lower back pain and my odometer reading is just rising at astronomical rate.

How would you rate my 1 month report?
Sorry boss check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr2CkmCFp78
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hello Brethren, i don what is happening to our Sun in Lagos ooo? It’s like it’s targeted at Lagos only.

When i started ride sharing i started having serious waist pain that no amount of of pain killer help. So i stopped for a while nd d pain intensified, so i talked to my parents, they sent me some herbs nd after taking it for 3 days everything stopped till today. Am still driving even as at now i de jibowu traffic grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2020
BAZ001:

Una don confuse me finish .
So what do we mean by temporary Drivers license?
Is it not the paper license frsc gives you before your original (plastic) DL comes out or I don't understand?
Uber didn’t allow me driver for 3months cos of dt, while bolt had even forgotten that they registered me.

Lolzz.
Temporary DL should be the one they gave you after capture, that you have to laminate and use for maybe 3months before the permanent one comes out.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2020
jpworld:

There are plenty of good gear master in ladipo, you will find them, where they are selling gear parts.

Don't go to those roadside mechanics in ladipo, they're horrible.

One of my car experience similar issue and it was fix perfectly.

Do you have any contact of a trusted one in ladipo?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2020
Duke111:
Hello Brethren, i don what is happening to our Sun in Lagos ooo? It’s like it’s targeted at Lagos only.

When i started ride sharing i started having serious waist pain that no amount of of pain killer help. So i stopped for a while nd d pain intensified, so i talked to my parents, they sent me some herbs nd after taking it for 3 days everything stopped till today. Am still driving even as at now i de jibowu traffic grin

grin grin grin
Na sickness been dey worry you.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2020
Duke111:

Please let’s endeavor to avoid one way at all cost due to lagos new laws now, except there is a bad spot or accident ahead and you can visibly see other motorists taking the one way, even at that ask question before u Leap. Peace ✌️
There's no one way in apapa grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
donfortune48:

Lolzz.
Temporary DL should be the one they gave you after capture, that you have to laminate and use for maybe 3months before the permanent one comes out.

Okay I see, I thought temp DL is the A4 paper signed by fRSC that you can use to drive for 3/4months
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2020
donfortune48:

grin grin grin
Na sickness been dey worry you.

grin
Na d same sickness dey worry new drivers and e we cant use matches nd lighter to solve it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:52pm On Nov 23, 2020
Kamikaze42:
My few experiences in my 1 month driving with only Uber.

1. I ride on my way to the office (Lekki to VI), going back home and then weekends. I have done 128 trips (Trips request: 303, Declined: 78, Cancelled: 16)
2. I am currently on 4.81 rating ( 5 Star: 65, 4 Star: 4, 3 Star: 1, 1 Star: 2 (No Nose Mask))
3. Total net earnings: 130,524 (Including fuel)
4. Got a tip of $30 (#14,250) from a rider rushing to the international airport
5. Still struggling to get #4,900 from a woman I also took to the airport but with issues on bank transfer (Jaiz to Zenith)
6. Met different kinds of people, mostly normal. The rides are usually silent with only radio as I do not talk much.
7. I am already developing lower back pain and my odometer reading is just rising at astronomical rate.

How would you rate my 1 month report?
You're doing well sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2020
1daboi:
So I went to Ibadan this morning on a personal mission. Something just told me to go online cheesy I did! See surge shocked later I got 7minutes request but didn't accept grin
My city grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:02pm On Nov 23, 2020
Kamikaze42:

That would be a wrong move for you and for the car

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kamikaze42: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
Duke111:

I do not mind a plug to that agbo o. In fact I am researching on non alcoholic opa eyin or something like that.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kamikaze42: 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2020
pope191:

To b an overall driver with excellent performance, u need a matches, incase u want to light some tin or ur rider wants to light some tin.

I have seen some mentions on lighting "oven" on this thread. That would actually be funny if that is what is being reffered to here.

Anyways thanks for the advice.

5 yaff knack. Make I go online.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
AOB1:
Good evening bro, I have been following your comments on this thread for a while that makes me believe you have a very deep experience about been an Uber or Bolt driver.
Please bro I need your advice because I want to purchase a car that I will be using for this business, I want to know which car is best for this business and how much can I be making in a week and also in a month, please note I will be driving the car by myself. I will gladly welcome your advice bro. Thanks

I doubt if you have truly been following this thread or me and everyone else you quoted. If truly you've been following this thread then I'm afraid, I can't advise you because you've learnt nothing following this thread.

Try reading again from page 2000 all the advice you seek are within those pages.

Good luck

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2020
BAZ001:

Okay I see, I thought temp DL is the A4 paper signed by fRSC that you can use to drive for 3/4months

That one is FRSC covering note.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 6:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
pope191:

grin I got is post well enough, was yabbing on another tin entirely... and about d girls? U won't understand, I pray make d gods commot woman matter for ur life grin

I'm confused, na prayer or curse be this?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 6:25pm On Nov 23, 2020
@jpworld. Anyway we fit get the guy that run urs number?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2020
bukkysam:
Good evening & happy Sunday to the pilots and engrs in the house, pls where can i get a good Nigeria used old model faragon bus to buy here in Lagos?
For uber?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Shygon2(m): 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
Good day my people, pls am in need of car to drive, either hp or weekly payment. I have down payment
08163046454 is my whatsaap

(1) (2) (3) ... (3163) (3164) (3165) (3166) (3167) (3168) (3169) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: MrCarter577(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.