Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4726431 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3218) (3219) (3220) (3221) (3222) (3223) (3224) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:04am On Dec 11, 2020
hvac:
I know you wouldn't be saying this if it happened to you bro.
The driver explained about 2 to 3 back and still came here yesterday to tell us. The girl you are indirectly siding hangs up whenever you mention Uber driver's money. What more explanation do you need from Driver? I called the girl myself and others did too but she could not defend herself. Brother call a spade it's name

Uncle I only ask what I don't understand, was there a place I said she's innocent? I am trying to chat with her as well and she's yet to block me, information is key and it helps to understand how to tackle issue.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:08am On Dec 11, 2020
pope191:

To every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. You need to get off ur entitled mentality, the lady in particular holds u no explanation, let the driver come out sincerely about what actually happen btw them and if it's worth it then you can crucify her.

She Maybe or not that stupid to have her info online and damn d consequence.

Let me help u wit free nugget dis morning... when next u r aiming to shoot someone down, think as twice as the person you are aiming at, make sure you've nipped the possible options they may explore or exit, before unleashing your arsenal on them.
I do not agree with your statement here bro. (Bolded part)

There was this lady that refused to pay me after a ride, several calls went unanswered, WhatsApp messages ignored.

The moment I sent her her LinkedIn page with threat, she replied me immediately and also sent my money in less than 5 minutes.

Some of these riders don’t rate drivers that’s why they feel they can always pull the stunt and get away with it. They feel drivers are not intellectually sound to dig and get their information.

If I give you a ride and your intention is to scam me, God help you and you don’t have a trail on the internet because I will find you especially if you stress me on the ride. undecided

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 8:10am On Dec 11, 2020
pope191:

You said if the driver is rude or beat her up, she shold still pay and report? Are u the one that made the rules or its a gemeral believe? That's where the entitled mentality consumes you, need to know the world does not revolve around your opinion, someone's else madness starts at the exact point urs stopped.

I'm not exoneratin the lady and as well I've not been following up with the platform lately, I've gat problems I'm trying to solve, but it got to me when I see people saying she's blocking them and like a typical human and I felt like this is one of them, she must not go free doing this, but at the same time I don't think I've done anything bad asking what I don't understand by asking the driver to enlighten with more details, he may have put it here or not, if you truly want to stick to d 800k script by d end of dis month as a driver, then the argument here in the past few days ain't for u, mostly especially if you ball with Indriver or haven't you notice, most of the moniker that has kept this pages floating actually don't drive?

Where is Kamikaze42? If he's actually trying to catch up with the morning rush, then JP I don't have a driver that will deliver to me, I hope u get that.

Inbtw: I have to search thro kamikaze42 posts to read thro the issue so far, in my little way of putting all together, I don't think she outrightly set out to cheat on him, still not a excuse for her not to pay.

My comprehension must be bad because I don’t get your point here, honestly.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 8:17am On Dec 11, 2020
hvac:
I know you wouldn't be saying this if it happened to you bro.
The driver explained about 2 to 3 back and still came here yesterday to tell us. The girl you are indirectly siding hangs up whenever you mention Uber driver's money. What more explanation do you need from Driver? I called the girl myself and others did too but she could not defend herself. Brother call a spade it's name

The way pope191 defend the girl and try to twist the blame to something else is really surprising.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 8:22am On Dec 11, 2020
jpworld:

The way pope191 defend the girl and try to twist the blame to something else is really surprising.

Let's try to understand each other with open mind, pope don't even know the girl from Adam, and I don't think so far he has justified the girls actions with his comment, regardless the girl must pay for the service rendered to her, I have as well called her number and she is not picking.

I am sure the angle pope was addressing the issue from is that of three sides to a story, but then the window period is too long for the girl not to have paid the service rendered to her

We should learn to tolerate eachother and not result to insulting or instigating each other every time

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 8:30am On Dec 11, 2020
IFSHR:

Let's try to understand each other with open mind, pope don't even know the girl from Adam, and I don't think so far he has justified the girls actions with his comment, regardless the girl must pay for the service rendered to her, I have as well called her number and she is not picking.

I am sure the angle pope was addressing the issue from is that of three sides to a story, but then the window period is too long for the girl not to have paid the service rendered to her

We should learn to tolerate eachother and not result to insulting or instigating each other every time

Oga go and sit down. There is only one side to the story, that the girl is owning and refuse to pay, is very simple, don't try to twist it.

The driver and the lady, i don't know any of them from adam, i have zero interest in the transaction. Just standing by what i feel is the truth.

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:31am On Dec 11, 2020
ksmart027:

Are you saying the guy is gradually turning into mechanic? grin
No.
To a kazeem.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:36am On Dec 11, 2020
Babadee1900:

There was this lady that refused to pay me after a ride, several calls went unanswered, WhatsApp messages ignored.

The moment I sent her her LinkedIn page with threat, she replied me immediately and also sent my money in less than 5 minutes.

Some of these riders don’t rate drivers that’s why they feel they can always pull the stunt and get away with it. They feel drivers are not intellectually sound to dig and get their information.

If I give you a ride and your intention is to scam me, God help you and you don’t have a trail on the internet because I will find you especially if you stress me on the ride. undecided

Boss I quote u because you are the one that has done great justice so far and the girl must b stupid because she is so visible. She's look more like an OAP in Kebbi, and imagine calling into such show to damage her integrity? She may loose her livelihood inbetween, this is so certain and I wonder is she this stupid? On the other hand she may not b stupid, maybe she certain of her masquerade to make her want to dance in d market square.

But before using atomic weapon to destroy her completely, let's b crystal clear, is that too much to ask? Where's kamikaze42? I'm asking again

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 8:41am On Dec 11, 2020
jpworld:

Oga go and sit down. There is only one side to the story, that the girl is owning and refuse to pay, is very simple, don't try to twist it.

The driver and the lady, i don't know any of them from adam, i have zero interest in the transaction. Just standing by what i feel is the truth.

Mister be calming down and act with some level of nobility..

Learn to read to understand and not just to read and reply .

Before you even started frequenting this thread, we have had issues like this and it was resolved and the rider paid. So calm down, no one is supporting her and the fact still remains that anyone willing to indulge in the case has every right to ask information about what transpired.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kamikaze42: 8:42am On Dec 11, 2020
Babadee1900:
Is this the lady in question?

If she is, you should be able to get your money back if you can leverage on the second screenshot.

Good morning good people. Thanks for the attempt to get my money from the lady, I really appreciate.

I just got to the office now and logged in and I would rehash the questions of what really happened.

I picked her up from an hotel opposite Lagos Business School on after I painstakingly drove for about 25 mins to her because she entered the wrong pick up point. She did not apologize for the stress and I did not care because Ajah to International airport which she set as her destination is a good deal for me and I did not want any issues.

We set out and and upon almost getting to the airport, specifically negotiating the oshodi bridge she asked if she could use an atm to get cash for me. I was in a hurry and I felt what is the point that she could do a transfer. We agreed and we got to the airport. She attemted the transfer, showed me the debit alert. We waited for like 3 mins, no credit alert. Knowing I was in an airport area and I could be towed, I asked her to exit and I would call her if the alert did not come in (This is based on my wrong judgement that she is a normal person as she was calm all through).

Before I left, someone knocked my window, it was the airport guys telling me my passenger wants to board air peace to Kano. I was furious that who does not know you cannot get local flights at international terminals. I asked her to enter the vehicle and we agreed to an additional sum of 1k (including toll) which she paid cash. Upon alighting, I still told her I have not seen the alert and she kept insisting she has been deboted that I should be patient.

After about 3 calls to her in the remaining course of the day, she said she did another transfer and she was debited again and she has contacted her bank and they told her to wait till Monday. Monday came, she said her account has been blocked and she cannot carry out any transaction. She also said about 3 other people have the same issues with receiving her payment.

I continued to message her on WhatsApp till she started getting irked that it is not her fault and there is nothing she can do till her account is unblocked, hence I brought it to the forum.

PS. I reported to Uber by Thursday (late because I felt it was a sincere technical glitch) but they said it more thn 3 working days so they can do nothing.

Afterwards, she stopped responding to my WhatsApp and was cutting my calls up till now.

That is the summary with the chats shots attached.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:45am On Dec 11, 2020
IFSHR:

Boss just chill and don't go personal, I am not supporting anybody, I only want justice, but they feel I'm heaping blame on the driver, how? Where? When? And why would I heap blame on him, someone even said if it is me as if I've not felt the pain of riders not paying, I have gone as far as dragging 600 naira with a rider and it took me 3 weeks to get that money.

Water down insults from JPworld, to him every problem is a nail, he feels hammer will solve.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:46am On Dec 11, 2020
nwizu042:

My comprehension must be bad because I don’t get your point here, honestly.

Boss which part precisely or its everything, so we can know where to start from grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 8:48am On Dec 11, 2020
Do you have any scrap, old, rickety, smoky, accident vehicle parked in your compound causing nuisance and eye sore in your neighbourhood?

We can help you get rid of it and earn you some cool cash.

Lets talk!!

Call 08182880902 OR 08033539981
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 8:51am On Dec 11, 2020
Kamikaze42:

We set out and and upon almost getting to the airport, specifically negotiating the oshodi bridge she asked if she could use an atm to get cash for me. I was in a hurry and I felt what is the point that she could do a transfer.

Thanks.

Bro I am sure you have learnt you lessons, next time kindly just get your money especially when it's a long trip. I personally will keep trying to ensure she pays the money.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kamikaze42: 8:57am On Dec 11, 2020
IFSHR:

Bro I am sure you have learnt you lessons, next time kindly just get your money especially when it's a long trip. I personally will keep trying to ensure she pays the money.

I learnt the hard way. I have since put up resistance for transfers on cash trips as much as reasonably possible.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 9:04am On Dec 11, 2020

The more you know about the vehicle the safer you will be. Run a VIN check and verify critical facts you need to buy a used car with confidence. Check the title status, previous odometer readings and the current market of the vehicle. Do as many checks as possible to ensure you are getting a legitimate offer.

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

WhatsApp. 08060365068

Call/Sms/WhatsApp 08060365068

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Confirm the authenticity Of Your Documents

Get your documents verified and avoid embarrassment

Contact us on Whats-app now . 08060365068
cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:12am On Dec 11, 2020
It is still same riders on bolt and uber, just as drivers.
It is the regulations from each app company that determine riders' and drivers' conducts.

BTW, I doubt you were ever gentle or shy before. You?

Felicity0001:

I think you should be more worried about the app and it's riders and not the drivers per say because same drivers drive on both apps. In my own opinion I think it's a function of the app/riders.

Bolt riders/ladies especially (from the eastern part of the country, apologies!) can make a gentle man change within 1 month. I speak from experience my dear.

I used to be a very shy and gentle person before I started driving with Bolt and there after, Uber... It's been almost a year down the line and I know I'm not that person I used to be.

I almost did what I did in 1965 again today but I've changed... Jennifer should thank her stars if not na the middle I 4 kick her out this time. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:16am On Dec 11, 2020
He narrated what happened some weeks ago.

When complaints are made About riders like that and such riders pick up calls and don't utter words only to cut the calls, the story about the riders is mostly true.
She could have explained herself when called if she was ever not dubious.

pope191:

@Kamikaze

I've try to talk to her and she's not even bugging, had to do some deep search to find out she works at a radio station in kebbi. Please enlighten us with what actually happened btw the both of u and how she was able to leave without paying you, so one will not jump into a wrong battle.

You know some case maybe oven gone bad

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:17am On Dec 11, 2020
Thank you

Didn't see this earlier.

Shutting down every call is already a pointer.

jpworld:

Pls stop twisting the story.

Why is she shutting every call? why can't she come up with her own payment details.

The lady is most likely a crook.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 9:20am On Dec 11, 2020
Kamikaze42:

Good morning good people. Thanks for the attempt to get my money from the lady, I really appreciate.

Thanks.
....you did not answer the question, though. Is she the one in that screenshot?

The narration is necessary but the most important thing now is how to get your money.

Have a good day at work.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kamikaze42: 9:30am On Dec 11, 2020
Babadee1900:
....you did not answer the question, though. Is she the one in that screenshot?

The narration is necessary but the most important thing now is how to get your money.

Have a good day at work.

Yes she is the one. She had the same jacket she is wearing in the picture below on the trip. This was even what made me think she was going to Dubai or Saudi Arabia.

LOL grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 9:33am On Dec 11, 2020
confusedworld17:
The driver don give us his own part but the lady has refused to say her own part of what happened.
Close to a month now, haba!

Let's just be careful on this particular matter.
I think pope is very right
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 9:39am On Dec 11, 2020
Kamikaze42:

Yes she is the one. She had the same jacket she is wearing in the picture below on the trip. This was even what made me think she was going to Dubai or Saudi Arabia.

LOL grin grin
grin She scammed you with finesse...Try sending her a DM on her page with subtle threats of you knowing her employer and will proceed to taking necessary actions if she fail to send your money before the end of the day.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kamikaze42: 9:40am On Dec 11, 2020
shollywendy1:

Why has the driver not commented since that post he posted ?. Let's not be dragging issue that we knew nothing about how it happen here.
Let's just be careful on this particular matter

I have given my side since November 26th or thereabout and I rehashed again this morning with WhatsApp receipts. Please check the thread and you will find the details.

Let her answer the call and counter anything I have said.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kamikaze42: 9:47am On Dec 11, 2020
Babadee1900:
grin She scammed you with finesse...Try sending her a DM on her page with subtle threats of you knowing her employer and will proceed to taking necessary actions if she fail to send your money before the end of the day.

grin grin grin

Seriously, we did not exchange a word till the ATM discourse, so I was like what a gentle and classy lady. O wa gbe me ni handicap.

Anyways, some results albeit slow showing. see below

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:48am On Dec 11, 2020
pope191:

Uncle I only ask what I don't understand, was there a place I said she's innocent? I am trying to chat with her as well and she's yet to block me, information is key and it helps to understand how to tackle issue.

She's yet to block you, and has she replied you or giving her side of the story?

The driver involved has narrated his story weeks ago, what other story do you need?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:50am On Dec 11, 2020
Have we forgotten another young lady whose online details were unravelled by Izzou? Sone Even went further to get her mum's details and call her mum.
Babadee1900:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 9:52am On Dec 11, 2020
Kamikaze42:

grin grin grin

Seriously, we did not exchange a word till the ATM discourse, so I was like what a gentle and classy lady. O wa gbe me ni handicap.

Imagine! grin
She give you wey they home two goals down, still come beat you join. grin

Glad you are making progress.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:57am On Dec 11, 2020
Kamikaze42:

grin grin grin

grin grin I kind of have faith you will get ur money, but from a brotherly advice, next time try to report to uber within d space of 24 hrs, no matter the intent of the rider, b on d safe side, let him/her b d one doing the explanation.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 9:59am On Dec 11, 2020
peeps4u:

Have we forgotten another young lady whose online details were unravelled by Izzou? Sone Even went further to get her mum's details and call her mum.
Can never forget. She played herself, this just goes to show how gullible some people are.

That one learned her lessons, albeit the hard way.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:01am On Dec 11, 2020
peeps4u:

She's yet to block you, and has she replied you or giving her side of the story?

The driver involved has narrated his story weeks ago, what other story do you need?

No but she's reading the msg, meaning I still have a clear shoot to get her to say sometin, I have another sim card on stand by for her and can get more, it's about switching method, she must have a breaking point. U no look 24 hrs ni grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 10:01am On Dec 11, 2020
shollywendy1:

Let's just be careful on this particular matter.
I think pope is very right

Careful about what? Stop the twist, and say the truth. Gbeborun.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3218) (3219) (3220) (3221) (3222) (3223) (3224) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: dharmie13(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.