Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4726370 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3320) (3321) (3322) (3323) (3324) (3325) (3326) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2021
Felicity0001:

Ha! Ooh man!

Mama... You and yiur husband no different at all... Such a kind hearted man.

The moment he saw me he just picked interest in me like he knew me somewhere before (I don't know if to call it grace).

Despite all big big cars parked oga just ordered the boys to attend to me... Oga himself worked on my car with other guys... Did a perfect job.

na Diagnosis and routine check I go for b4 ooh but oga did both repairs and diagnosis for me.

Oya time for the bills... Jaw dropped... Poor me no get pass money for diagnosis... Oga tell boys, wave repairs bill for him... That was how I was free oooh my people. If not for Oga na 600yrs of cleaning floor and washing of toilet oooh gringrin

Mama radautoworks thank you
To the boss @ radautoworks I thank you.

May God keep blessing you guys with good health, protection and long live.

Inbtw, I could see yesterday that your human resource have greatly increase. You're doing well

That's why I married him wink

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2021
Felicity0001:

Nawao... What is even wrong with this corona virus self Just killing all the little rich men we have in Nigeria even when you don't have them plenty.
it's not just them. It's just they're the ones who make the news.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:20pm On Jan 14, 2021
pope191:

Please share experience we r here to learn... Yesterday as I park at d front of MKO Abiola gardens, my mind has already hint me I'm parked on major road, but with d low request , tiredness and frown, I decide to dare whatever. A man walked up to me and told me to b mindful, cos Lastma disturbs. Told him thank you and position d car to auto fly, in a kind off zoom drive, while other drivers queue at my back (God forgive me). This sleep kept hitting me hard, as I struggle with it, I'll check both front and rearview just in case... like the coming of Christ, I've lost my guard when dis ppl show, 2 towing vans and their vehicle. They were talking to the drivers behind me wit dia knives in dia hands, the kind speed I use to zoom off was next to none. Went to shop rite for 55 mins, no good trip, I gently find my way home, b4 my shoprite ticket cut. Diary of winter reloaded.

As I'm typing now, I'm just at yard, thinking of exit plan grin

Lol...better winter never sammer u...u still dey find good trip.
After chopping 800k last month u dey find exit plan. Well-done Sir

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:31pm On Jan 14, 2021
kanuisagoat:
One girl cancelled on me again yesternight after I had gotten to PU. I was really mad and had to send bolt a message.

Their response was that, they are working on bringing in cancellation fee and that they'll notify us once its up and running.

I sincerely hope this is true. I don't even need them to pay me the cancellation fee, let them just charge the riders so this nonsense can stop.

Make them no just try am...people ran away from uber cos of cancellation fee.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by melviniyke2002(m): 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2021
radautoworks:

congrats

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2021
radautoworks:

You didn't make a wrong choice.

The gives every man his attention and respect.

Respect to him.

God bless you guys real good.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

You don find me go Agric section grin
Actually, I am fortunate to have a father who has been practising subsistence farming for half of his life, so farmland wasn't a problem. He oversee the cultivation, harvest & send the proceeds to me while i visit once every two weeks to inspect my investment.
Lagos to ijebu is less than 50mins, if you leave very early in the morning or late at night(Don't take this advise unless you have 9lives wink).

I don't know what you intend to farm but Plantain farming is less stressful to other crops, as long as the soil is fertile, plant healthy suckers & feed them water in dry season (December- February). It is money spinning if you harvest them between March -August. (If you plant in March within 9-11months, they should be ripe for harvest).
Plantain is usually scarce around that time in the market hence the price skyrocket.
Also note, that it is not always rosy. A wind catastrophe can send a plantain Farmer to an hospital bed in 1hour. That's the huge risk associated with growing plantain.
I grow chilly pepper too. These two crops if planted & harvested in right season can enhance your pocket but dem get their own headache too wink
Nice one! Plantain farming can be very castrophic during wind... But with good technic and experience you'll scale through. What I did in my plate in farm at a time was plant cassava inbtw (intercropping) this will help to reduce wind falling the plaintain and at the same time increase your income.

Since I'm a young man with little pocket I couldn't continue because the lengthy period. Mind you, either plantain or cassava you gain more in your second season, So I decided to shift pole to watermelon (90days) and cucumbers (40-45). These two veges are gold mile if one has the resource with standard practice. My major setback was when cattle entered my farm... If no be say I'm a man with a big heart I would have been dead... Investment of over 2.8m with a forecast profit of over 10million box went down the drain ober night.

Long story shall... Let's not derail the thread too much.

But if I have my money again off course I'm going back to the bush.grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:49pm On Jan 14, 2021
e b like d winter self don enter this our thread ooh...

By the way where is jpworld? Abi him still dey village?

Call for help if you need assistamce to return back to base.grin

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2021
samobaba4u:

grin grin grin watapin now
Omo bro, this hustle don dey make me craze small small o,
So jejeli jejeli I was coming down from falomo bridge towards VI, naxo LASTMA jump enter my front with their tools say "my tyre dey ontop people wey dey go Saka tinubu" I dey obstruct their movement, meanwhile they were going there own without any issue undecided
Naxo I follow dem drag am o say I no get money, las las dem collect 2k and I went my way (that 2k was all I had made that morning)

I somehow found myself @ somolu after years of waiting for trip, I made the worst mistake so far of this young year by turning on indriver, I saw one trip(rider wanted me to carry some Papers from somolu to him) from where I was marked directly to Ikorodu Road..Island boy wey I be na, I no know how that road dey be, I turned on Google map (estimated time of arrival 2:19) fare- 1500 appx 32mins trip. In my head, I go just use the money top fuel, zoom off to airport and wait till eternity till I get trip back to lekki.

My dear brothers, as I dey move, 2:19 was moving to 2:50 cry to 3:19 cry I dey look 4:00pm 4:00pm dey look me cry Ontop 1500! And the worse thing besay I'll have to pass through the guys place before I get a U-turn to civilization cry Infact, Wen I got to his shop by almost 4:30 I was nearly deaf and dumb, like who send me cry
Baba gave me #1500 plus extra #200 in his words "bros top fuel abeg I no get too much" I appreciated cus he has every right not to, NA ME FvCK UP!

I just turned off all the apps, Zoomed STRAIGHT to the island, buy abacha, go house, uninstalled indriver, carry car cloth Cover my car till further notice cus my mental health is very important smiley

Make Una come chop. kiss

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nezzjnr: 7:37pm On Jan 14, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

You don find me go Agric section grin
Actually, I am fortunate to have a father who has been practising subsistence farming for half of his life, so farmland wasn't a problem. He oversee the cultivation, harvest & send the proceeds to me while i visit once every two weeks to inspect my investment.
Lagos to ijebu is less than 50mins, if you leave very early in the morning or late at night(Don't take this advise unless you have 9lives wink).

I don't know what you intend to farm but Plantain farming is less stressful to other crops, as long as the soil is fertile, plant healthy suckers & feed them water in dry season (December- February). It is money spinning if you harvest them between March -August. (If you plant in March within 9-11months, they should be ripe for harvest).
Plantain is usually scarce around that time in the market hence the price skyrocket.
Also note, that it is not always rosy. A wind catastrophe can send a plantain Farmer to an hospital bed in 1hour. That's the huge risk associated with growing plantain.
I grow chilly pepper too. These two crops if planted & harvested in right season can enhance your pocket but dem get their own headache too wink
The plantain boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 14, 2021
pope191:

Please share experience we r here to learn... Yesterday as I park at d front of MKO Abiola gardens, my mind has already hint me I'm parked on major road, but with d low request , tiredness and frown, I decide to dare whatever. A man walked up to me and told me to b mindful, cos Lastma disturbs. Told him thank you and position d car to auto fly, in a kind off zoom drive, while other drivers queue at my back (God forgive me). This sleep kept hitting me hard, as I struggle with it, I'll check both front and rearview just in case... like the coming of Christ, I've lost my guard when dis ppl show, 2 towing vans and their vehicle. They were talking to the drivers behind me wit dia knives in dia hands, the kind speed I use to zoom off was next to none. Went to shop rite for 55 mins, no good trip, I gently find my way home, b4 my shoprite ticket cut. Diary of winter reloaded.

As I'm typing now, I'm just at yard, thinking of exit plan grin

I was quite surprised when I saw a lot of naive folks here displaying dashboard earnings in December. That's about the only time of the year one can earn reasonably on this job. January/February is usually very dry even when the world was normal. After that, rain comes to disrupt the hustle in Lagos from April - September. So, one is basically left with only November and December to make a bit of an impact on uber.

I really do not think anyone should rely fully on this for steady income, an exit plan should always be in the offing. Helps more as a side hustle.

Besides, for every 20k made in this hustle, there's always a hefty price paid, makes it feel like its generally not worth it at all, quite often.

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:02pm On Jan 14, 2021
radautoworks:

Hunhun.......so romantic.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 8:08pm On Jan 14, 2021
ndubuisi2021:

I was quite surprised when I saw a lot of naive folks here displaying dashboard earnings in December. That's about the only time of the year one can earn reasonably on this job. January/February is usually very dry even when the world was normal. After that, rain comes to disrupt the hustle in Lagos from April - September. So, one is basically left with only November and December to make a bit of an impact on uber.

I really do not think anyone should rely fully on this for steady income, an exit plan should always be in the offing. Helps more as a side hustle.

Besides, for every 20k made in this hustle, there's always a hefty price paid, makes it feel like its generally not worth it at all, quite often.
You've said it all boss, I'm really happy I decided to put myself in the shoes of a driver before giving car out. As it is that's the last thing on my mind. It's all rosy on paper, shit is crazy out there mehn.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:14pm On Jan 14, 2021
kanuisagoat:

grin

Not even remotely possible except surge comes from nowhere.

And I don't work beyond 8-9pm. I have a wife and a young boy that need me alive

Get rich or die trying. That billions you're looking for can come at the 11th hour and you're talking about closing by 9pmgringrin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2021
radautoworks:

Sent in the mail.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

I no abuse am o.
I followed all the necessary maintenance procedures. Engine oil was Mobil1 5w-30
Transmission oil :Motorcraft Mercron Lv used immediately the car came in .
But as I dey sort one issue, na hin another dey resurface... Na fuel pump use me suffer pass. grin
I changed 4 for ojuelegba before e work. Engine seat nko? AC Nko? Many electrical problem nko?
Make person thank God for Life sha.

Pele it is well
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hvac: 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2021
FuckEveryday:

So jejeli jejeli I was coming down from falomo bridge towards VI, naxo LASTMA jump enter my front with their tools say "my tyre dey ontop people wey dey go Saka tinubu" I dey obstruct their movement, meanwhile they were going there own without any issue undecided
Naxo I follow dem drag am o say I no get money, las las dem collect 2k and I went my way (that 2k was all I had made that morning)

I somehow found myself @ somolu after years of waiting for trip, I made the worst mistake so far of this young year by turning on indriver, I saw one trip(rider wanted me to carry some Papers from somolu to him) from where I was marked directly to Ikorodu Road..Island boy wey I be na, I no know how that road dey be, I turned on Google map (estimated time of arrival 2:19) fare- 1500 appx 32mins trip. In my head, I go just use the money top fuel, zoom off to airport and wait till eternity till I get trip back to lekki.

My dear brothers, as I dey move, 2:19 was moving to 2:50 cry to 3:19 cry I dey look 4:00pm 4:00pm dey look me cry Ontop 1500! And the worse thing besay I'll have to pass through the guys place before I get a U-turn to civilization cry Infact, Wen I got to his shop by almost 4:30 I was nearly deaf and dumb, like who send me cry
Baba gave me #1500 plus extra #200 in his words "bros top fuel abeg I no get too much" I appreciated cus he has every right not to, NA ME FvCK UP!

I just turned off all the apps, Zoomed STRAIGHT to the island, buy abacha, go house, uninstalled indriver, carry car cloth Cover my car till further notice cus my mental health is very important smiley

Make Una come chop. kiss
The day uba will be unfavorable to you you will drive home and uninstall, thirdly bolt then you will be left with kabu kabu option.
Lol

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 8:22pm On Jan 14, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Make Una come chop. kiss

I don laugh tire.
But bros take heart eeh ogadinma.
Me sef no sey dat inDriver na rubbish till tomorrow, no body fit confuse me for that one.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dav1002(m): 8:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Make Una come chop. kiss

Lol..... Na you fvck up true true afteral your name na fvck everyday

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2021
Pearl1910:

Make them no just try am...people ran away from uber cos of cancellation fee.

I guess its different strokes for different folks. Uber and short trips. I wonder how you guys who do uber squarely survive it. Uber knacked me 3trips back to back and none of it was above 1200naira despite setting destination to Ikeja from lekki, they claimed that rider was heading towards my destination...I weak!

I entered lekki with a ride on indriver for 5650k, rider gave me 6k. Got out with a ride of 3.5k.

A friend did a trip on uber, trip ended 200naira oyinbo give am 300naira shocked

Indriver works fine for me.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 141samuel: 8:39pm On Jan 14, 2021
I was lucky to be chevy view estate when surge was 1.9 , rider going to (cash and carry) at VI, when we reach rider ask me if I can wait that he is not staying too long.
Me : hope you are not staying too long
Rider: no, I just want to get stuff am not staying long
Me : no problem.
inside this dry season with surge on the trip
To cut the story short ride ended 5600 baba transfer 6k,

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:41pm On Jan 14, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Make Una come chop. kiss

Indriver is written all over that àbàchà. grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Make Una come chop. kiss

Please stop this jokegrin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2021
tojahh:

Exit plan bawo?

After you don chop 800k last December

They can still try a more lighter challenge. For 52weeks I plan on setting aside 10k weekly which should amount to 520k by the end of the year.

3weeks down already 49wks more to go.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2021
Felicity0001:

Nice one! Plantain farming can be very castrophic during wind... But with good technic and experience you'll scale through. What I did in my plate in farm at a time was plant cassava inbtw (intercropping) this will help to reduce wind falling the plaintain and at the same time increase your income. [

Since I'm a young man with little pocket I couldn't continue because the lengthy period. Mind you, either plantain or cassava you gain more in your second season, So I decided to shift pole to watermelon (90days) and cucumbers (40-45). These two veges are gold mile if one has the resource with standard practice. My major setback was when cattle entered my farm... If no be say I'm a man with a big heart I would have been dead... [b]Investment of over 2.8m with a forecast profit of over 10million box went down the drain ober night.

Long story shall... Let's not derail the thread too much.

But if I have my money again off course I'm going back to the bush.grin

True.
Some school of thought says while clearing the farmland, Palmtrees, Coconut trees & other trees should be left aside to help fight the storm. It worked i guess because the YouTube videos i watched buttress that advise.

Chief, you try o! 2.8M ginni? shocked

Heard a story of a successful plantain & fish farmer in my area, who developed HBP that led to full paralysis due to wind & flood sweeping away his farm & pond in 2019. He's yet to recover from it.
How did you soak in the pain & move on?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2021
omorkelly:
Thanks a bunch. Plantain farming it is! how do i contact you so we dont derail?

Send me a mail Baba.
Make we rub minds.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
ndubuisi2021:

Boss I'm looking frim afar... covid is affecting this business, no school, no club, no party, work from home, who are we meant to carry? Now I do 60 on awolowo Rd, before it's traffic zone. In a nutshell the country is not smiling, times r rugged.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

True.
Some school of thought says while clearing the farmland, Palmtrees, Coconut trees & other trees should be left aside to help fight the storm. It worked i guess because the YouTube videos i watched buttress that advise.

Chief, you try o! 2.8M ginni? shocked

Heard a story of a successful plantain & fish farmer in my area, who developed HBP that led to full paralysis due to wind & flood sweeping away his farm & pond in 2019. He's yet to recover from it.
How did you soak in the pain & move on?

There's this scriptural song I like so much... It goes like...

The joy of the Lord
Is my strength

The joy of the Lord
Is my strength.
[b][/b]

And it goes on and on...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Make Una come chop. kiss

Hallelujah in everything boss, whatever pain u have today over this trip, just know that it won't b as bad as waking up to see the guy give you 3 star. I once picked a rider from grammar school to eko court complex 2650, spent almost 3 hrs in traffic, my face didn't leave d fuel gauge, as the tin was dropping, my eyes couldnt take it. Despite having a good chat with the man, he rate me 4 stars, ever since then I don't pick his trip again, I still deh vex for the man till today grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2021
pope191:

Boss I'm looking frim afar... covid is affecting this business, no school, no club, no party, work from home, who are we meant to carry? Now I do 60 on awolowo Rd, before it's traffic zone. In a nutshell the country is not smiling, times r rugged.

Schools to resume on Monday 18th...

Me thank God my partner called for his car on Monday... The car has been very problematic... So me I'm not bordered for the now till probably February or early March because I hate telling stories. How you won take explain winter to partner?

January, Febuary and early March are months for land preparation. If you know you know. The only prayer be say make God provide money for the season.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:10pm On Jan 14, 2021
IFSHR:

cheesy grin

you response made me laugh so hard.

Anything 6 self I don dey set destination

My brother, na so o. Our priority should be staying alive especially for us car owners. I will understand if those on rental stay very late into the night.

However, they should always remember that, if anything happens to them and they die, the partner will get another driver before they bury them.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:11pm On Jan 14, 2021
Crvrider:

Get rich or die trying. That billions you're looking for can come at the 11th hour and you're talking about closing by 9pmgringrin

It can even come by 2am na. Make all of us dey drive 24 hours grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3320) (3321) (3322) (3323) (3324) (3325) (3326) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: linecrosser and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.