Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4725545 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3350) (3351) (3352) (3353) (3354) (3355) (3356) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2021
pope191:

Boss what can I say? This experience is life
Is that why you did not even bother to check on me?
Anyway , I still dey ibarapa. Coming back soon
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2021
Pls guys support me by subscribing to my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBkE2OIef7k
kanuisagoat:

Na this your own dey even pain pass.

I remember going to pick a lady, as I got there, I met another vehicle at the entrance of the gate which I quickly knew to be on ehailing.

The last came out and as she was about entering my vehucle, the driver of the other vehicle came down to meet her.

The lady said, ooh, "sorry you're the uber driver I initially booked. I was supposed to cancel but I forgot" That was how she entered my vehicle and we zoomed off.

I asked her what happened and she said she booked the guy before me but he took a lot of time. After she waited like 20 minutes, she checked on bolt and saw a driver was close to her but she forgot to cancel the other trip.

I felt the guys pain and can't imagine myself in that position.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frubben(m): 9:15pm On Jan 23, 2021
InfinityEstates:
So one guy wanted to use me as getaway car for "ROBBERY" sha. Thank God for God, agbero and omonile for scatter my car for me... Nothing wey Uche no go use person eye see... cheesy cheesy cheesy
haaaaaaaa. wahala o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:26pm On Jan 23, 2021
FuckEveryday:
Wahala for who no Sabi this thread o

So apparently my car ran out of Gas, after several checks if there's a leakage in the hose, everything seemed fine.

They sha filled the gas, AC started cooling, Drove to the airport to pickup someone, and back everything seems fine. To God Be the Glory

Original mechanic bill - 134k
Total amount spent - 5500

Thanks @ Radautoworks, Gazzuzz, blackbishop DeeDee and co

So na me don be and co despite being the one when tell you to fill gas first to know if the compressor still works. Even radu say na backward approach I dey suggest. Is all right. Issokay.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2021
IFSHR:

Don't forget to add omalay godly to the P-list grin grin grin

What do all those songs have in common when you come bring omalay matter into the mix.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 9:31pm On Jan 23, 2021
kanuisagoat:
Got a long distance trip that would have made a lot of sense.

Rider said she booked it for her sister and she'll be joining me. Five minutes later, I called to tell her I've not seen anyone so she said she'll call the sister.

Rider called back to say the sister mistakenly entered another bolt who was waiting for someone else. Kai, inside this winter. If you're that driver and you're here you no try o .

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
#PainfulthingsforBoltDrivers

I got a request today. Rider called, gave code for the gate, I got to her house, slid on "Arriving Now", called her to let her know I was there and she said she was coming out. Shey to come out no suppose pass like one minute na?

Two minutes of WAIT TIME went, she was not out. Wait time over, PAID WAITING don start, she didn't come out. I tried calling and her phone mysteriously didn't go through. 3mins of PAID WAITING and she sent a message "I'm on my way out now." I was about cancelling at about 5mins when I didn't see her, but then I was like "Na WINTER we dey o", just be patient. So in my mind, I was like, HIGHEST 10mins, if she was not out, I'll cancel. 10mins gone, this girl never show. 11mins, 12mins, I was like mehn f*ck it! I slowly crawled out of the street looking at my rear view mirror, hoping to catch a glimpse of her coming out of her gate, then I reverse, start trip at least I'll get "waiting money".

I didn't see her, and I cancelled the trip. 30seconds later, I got another trip and she was the was one calling. Blablabla, I tried calling you, I forgot the remote of the gate so I had to go back, I couldn't find it, I'm so sorry blablabla... I sha turned back, I no fit use vex miss both ways. But waiting money no follow.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 9:32pm On Jan 23, 2021
Crvrider:

[b]So na me don be and co despite being the one when tell you to fill gas first to know if the compressor still works.[/b]Even radu say na backward approach I dey suggest. Is all right. Issokay.

cheesy cheesy cheesy I remember your post on this. No vex for am, na oversight e go be...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 10:15pm On Jan 23, 2021
Crvrider:

So na me don be and co despite being the one when tell you to fill gas first to know if the compressor still works. Even radu say na backward approach I dey suggest. Is all right. Issokay.
but he did what I said na.. checked for leaks then filled gas. Oya, no vex grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 10:51pm On Jan 23, 2021
pope191:

Me just looking at u when u said you've hang your boot... e hailing is addictive, it's way beyond just driving, the moment u feel alone and need to do something, u will obviously find yourself behind wheel. Welcome again my friend cheesy
Lol.. no be Uber work carry me go airport ni, I go carry babe cheesy
But I wuun even lie, I sumtimes miss the app and open to check if there's surge grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 10:55pm On Jan 23, 2021
Crvrider:

grin grin grin grin
Maad o!
Abeg no vex boss, Normally every solution here matters weda urs or madam radu cus kitchen tap and bathroom tap na the same water, no need to dey feel say kitchen own clean pass bathroom own cool
Hailings

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:07pm On Jan 23, 2021
FuckEveryday:
Wahala for who no Sabi this thread o

So apparently my car ran out of Gas , after several checks if there's a leakage in the hose, everything seemed fine.

They sha filled the gas, AC started cooling, Drove to the airport to pickup someone, and back everything seems fine. To God Be the Glory

Original mechanic bill - 134k
Total amount spent - 5500

Thanks @ Radautoworks, Gazzuzz, blackbishop DeeDee and co

You have a leak . If you lucky it is a slow leak, if you lucky it's from single point . refrigerant does not just run out. Meanwhile one of the dangers of what you just did is black death, pull a vacuum before recharging or next time you will be singing a different more expensive song.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pharod(m): 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2021
I'm having this reoccurring problem with my civic. Anytime I put on the AC, after a few minutes, the car will stop while in motion. If I switch off the AC, the car will continue moving without stopping. The alternator won't be charging the battery like it should. I've changed 3 alternators in the past 5months. I bought a new battery around June last year, I'm about to buy a new one again. I've changed the fuel pump. I've done basically everything the mechanic said I should do, but the problem still persists...

1. If I put on the AC, the car will stop after like 20 - 30mins
2. Something is killing the alternator and the subsequently, the battery.

Cc, GAZZUZZ, Radautoworks, blackbishop, dru23

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 11:43pm On Jan 23, 2021
kanuisagoat:
Got a long distance trip that would have made a lot of sense.

Rider said she booked it for her sister and she'll be joining me. Five minutes later, I called to tell her I've not seen anyone so she said she'll call the sister.

Rider called back to say the sister mistakenly entered another bolt who was waiting for someone else. Kai, inside this winter. If you're that driver and you're here you no try o .

This story reminded me of my experience with my rider, who mistakenly entered another car parked behind me in November 2019.
I was exhausted from driving round Lagos that Thursday, after 30mins breather at Rumens, ikoyi, i decided to set destination towards Maryland at around 5.30pm or so. Lucky me, the algorithm worked its wonders that evening, a trip to Mudi Lane at Anthony on Uber with a 1.7X came through opposite where i was parked. I was already on 3% commission as at that Thursday.
Put a call through to confirm rider's address & destination, it was a man's voice, who explained to me that his wife is the one for journey. I was excited! Anthony to where i stayed at Maryland was just 5mins drive.
As i was trying to scribble the wife's number from Uber App, a black Corolla parked behind me, i guessed he was there to target evening surge but i was wrong. Before i finished copying the woman's phone number, a pregnant woman, slammed the car door behind me and the Corolla drove off. My instinct came to life and i quickly dialled the number, Alas! it was the same woman i was waiting for. Where are you? I quizzed on the phone.
She said, she was in a Corolla car and they were edging closer to Osborne. Now, Now !
You're in a wrong car, i shouted! I guessed the driver heard our conversation & decided to verify who he was meant to pick up.
Me, that was extremely tired, looking for a way to leave the island, got a trip close to my house and a Corolla was about to toss it away from me. Mba! I wasn't going to let him getaway with it grin
I fired down, used Cameron road linked it to the other side ( I have forgotten the name of the street), drove down Mobolaji johnson Avenue to connect Osborne road traffic light, chased the barga to Osborne Foreshore under bridge grin. The woman actually helped to slow him down wink
Oga! Why you hijack my trip? The guy burst out laughing... Shuo! Why u dey laugh na?
Corolla Driver :so, na why u run follow me?
He said the person he came to pick was a woman heading same way as mine undecided
Scope... Didn't you call to confirm? He said, the woman didn't bother to confirm the identity of the driver, i guess she was in a hurry to get home.
While we were talking, the woman he was supposed to pick started calling him, that she was waiting for him on the street, and also she noticed that he had started the trip without her consent.. Na so i take collect my trip back. Make him go sort himself out wink
The woman couldn't contain her laughter till we got to Anthony that evening grin. She asked why i didn't cancel the trip & looked elsewhere, i told her :that the trip was match -made -in -heaven. That God didn't want me to suffer another minutes on the island, that was why he brought her to me. Trip ended 3,100 naira with about 40mins drive (much of it spent at Gbagada Expressway), Madam gave me 3500 cos i no get change. Dropped her, comot go Suya spot for Sunmola street, buy 500 naira Suya wey i take soak garri that evening grin

23 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:58am On Jan 24, 2021
shollywendy1:

Is that why you did not even bother to check on me?
Anyway , I still dey ibarapa. Coming back soon

grin Ibarapa is a long trip oo, trust is not oven things grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:02am On Jan 24, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Lol.. no be Uber work carry me go airport ni, I go carry babe cheesy
But I wuun even lie, I sumtimes miss the app and open to check if there's surge grin grin

Boss u shall drive again, it's not a crime grin nah sumtin deh push sumtin, acording to Newton.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:07am On Jan 24, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

This story reminded me of my experience with my rider, who mistakenly entered another car parked behind me in November 2019.
I was exhausted from driving round Lagos that Thursday, after 30mins breather at Rumens, ikoyi, i decided to set destination towards Maryland at around 5.30pm or so. Lucky me, the algorithm worked its wonders that evening, a trip to Mudi Lane at Anthony on Uber with a 1.7X came through opposite where i was parked.
Put a call through to confirm rider's address & destination, it was a man's voice, who explained to me that his wife is the one for journey. I was excited! Anthony to where i stayed at Maryland was just 5mins drive.
As i was trying to scribble the wife's number from Uber App, a black Corolla parked behind me, i guessed he was there to target evening surge but i was wrong. Before i finished copying the woman's phone number, a pregnant woman, slammed the car door behind me and the Corolla drove off. My instinct came to life and i quickly dialled the number, Alas! it was the same woman i was waiting for. Where are you? I quizzed on the phone.
She said, she was in a Corolla car and they were edging closer to Osborne. Now, Now !
You're in a wrong car, i shouted! I guessed the driver heard our conversation & decided to verify who he was meant to pick up.
Me, that was extremely tired, looking for a way to leave the island, got a trip close to my house and a Corolla was about to toss it away from me. Mba! I wasn't going to let him getaway with it grin
I fired down, used Cameron road linked it to the other side ( I have forgotten the name of the street), drove down Mobolaji johnson Avenue to connect Osborne road traffic light, chased the barga to Osborne Foreshore under bridge grin. The woman actually helped to slow him down wink
Oga! Why you hijack my trip? The guy burst out laughing... Shuo! Why u dey laugh na?
He said the person he came to pick was a woman heading same way as mine undecided
Scope... Didn't you call to confirm? He said, the woman didn't bother to confirm the identity of the driver, i guess she was in a hurry to get home.
While we were talking, the woman he was supposed to pick started calling him, that she was waiting for him on the street, and also she noticed that he had started the trip without her consent.. Na so i take collect my trip back. Make him go sort himself out wink
The woman couldn't contain her laughter till we got to Anthony that evening grin. She asked why i didn't cancel the trip & looked elsewhere, i told her :that the trip was match -made -in -heaven. That God didn't want me to suffer another minutes on the island, that was why he brought her to me. Trip ended 3,100 naira with about 40mins drive (much of it spent at Gbagada Expressway), Madam gave me 3500 cos i no get change. Dropped her, comot go Suya spot for Sunmola street, buy 500 naira Suya wey i take soak garri that evening grin

grin Nice try, I don't see myself pulling such stunt.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 6:10am On Jan 24, 2021
radautoworks:
but he did what I said na.. checked for leaks then filled gas. Oya, no vex grin

Reading your post now just made me laugh despite having a bad morning. See me see Canaan land trip, 7min PU, car no gree start. Any time fuel enter reserve and car is parked over night fuel pump gives issues. What to do now!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 6:11am On Jan 24, 2021
InfinityEstates:

cheesy cheesy cheesy I remember your post on this. No vex for am, na oversight e go be...

Boss no lele. We dey here for each other.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 6:16am On Jan 24, 2021
InfinityEstates:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
#PainfulthingsforBoltDrivers

I got a request today. Rider called, gave code for the gate, I got to her house, slid on "Arriving Now", called her to let her know I was there and she said she was coming out. Shey to come out no suppose pass like one minute na?

Two minutes of WAIT TIME went, she was not out. Wait time over, PAID WAITING don start, she didn't come out. I tried calling and her phone mysteriously didn't go through. 3mins of PAID WAITING and she sent a message "I'm on my way out now." I was about cancelling at about 5mins when I didn't see her, but then I was like "Na WINTER we dey o", just be patient. So in my mind, I was like, HIGHEST 10mins, if she was not out, I'll cancel. 10mins gone, this girl never show. 11mins, 12mins, I was like mehn f*ck it! I slowly crawled out of the street looking at my rear view mirror, hoping to catch a glimpse of her coming out of her gate, then I reverse, start trip at least I'll get "waiting money".

I didn't see her, and I cancelled the trip. 30seconds later, I got another trip and she was the was one calling. Blablabla, I tried calling you, I forgot the remote of the gate so I had to go back, I couldn't find it, I'm so sorry blablabla... I sha turned back, I no fit use vex miss both ways. But waiting money no follow.

You should have waited once you had confirmation she would embark on the trip cos PW go compensate your waiting...if after you cancel you come go back na you lose out be dat..once am sure rider will do the trip I go wait cos if PW..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 6:45am On Jan 24, 2021
iyaegin:

You should have waited once you had confirmation she would embark on the trip cos PW go compensate your waiting...if after you cancel you come go back na you lose out be dat..once am sure rider will do the trip I go wait cos if PW..

So in your opinion, how long is too long to wait for a trip?

P.S: I once waited for a trip for more than 20mins after normal waiting time. When I finally able to reach rider on phone, the line she gave me was, "Oh sorry, I thought I cancelled".

Or the one that just cancelled abrubtly without even calling after I waited for 12mins?

After all those experiences, my MAX waiting time now is 10mins. After that, I'm gone. If I was the one that cancelled and your trip comes in again and it's during WINTER, and I'm not far, I'll go back, but if NOT I'll not take the ride. I don't mind losing that one.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:33am On Jan 24, 2021
InfinityEstates:

So in your opinion, how long is too long to wait for a trip?

P.S: I once waited for a trip for more than 20mins after normal waiting time. When I finally able to reach rider on phone, the line she gave me was, "Oh sorry, I thought I cancelled".

Or the one that just cancelled abrubtly without even calling after I waited for 12mins?

After all those experiences, my MAX waiting time now is 10mins. After that, I'm gone. If I was the one that cancelled and your trip comes in again and it's during WINTER, and I'm not far, I'll go back, but if NOT I'll not take the ride. I don't mind losing that one.

Looks like we drivers have the same experiences. I also learnt the hard way after those riders cancelled trips after waiting several minutes for them. So once I wait for 10 minutes and you're not out, I'm gone.

Though I ocassionally make some exceptions sha if the trip makes sense cheesy. You know those kind of trips that turned ojurongbe1 to a formula 1 driver cheesy

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Yang1993: 7:37am On Jan 24, 2021
Do you have any pending Paypal issues like... (APPLICABLE TO OTHER ACCOUNTS LIKE SKRILL, EBAY, NETELLER, AND OTHERS)
1. Creating documents
2. Opening any region PayPal account
3. Verifying your account
4. Removing temporal limitation
5. Removing permanent limitation. (we do not provide documents for permanent limitation instead, we will provide you with a guide to help resolve this limitation)
6. Virtual credit card for verification
7. Virtual bank account for verification( european accounts, Canada, USA , UK, Australian accounts)

We will create the necessary documents to remove your temporal limitation
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 7:42am On Jan 24, 2021
pharod:
I'm having this reoccurring problem with my civic. Anytime I put on the AC, after a few minutes, the car will stop while in motion. If I switch off the AC, the car will continue moving without stopping. The alternator won't be charging the battery like it should. I've changed 3 alternators in the past 5months. I bought a new battery around June last year, I'm about to buy a new one again. I've changed the fuel pump. I've done basically everything the mechanic said I should do, but the problem still persists...

Boss from this narration, I will explain some stuff, when you put on the AC your engine works harder to produce more power. Pulley system that is your compressor and alternator works harder.

So here is how it works your AC, if it is manual which is likely uses a magnetic process so when the process is sticky or lock up, your engine works harder and the serpentine belt that was suppose to run your vehicle works the other way round.

Solution - Get a rewire to run diagnosis on your car alternator when the AC is working, the voltage should be between 12 to 13 volts. Start from there.
Since you have change all other components I can also point to.
But you will likely change the compressor and some other stuff relating to it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:57am On Jan 24, 2021
You guys that use mobil xhp and other oils with OCI of 3000 miles are trying with the way these vehicles rack up mileage.

I serviced my vehicle on the 28th of December and as of today its past 3000 miles already.

Thats 3 oils, 3 filters, 3 workmanships and most importantly 3 downtimes in 10,000 miles that I'll eventually change mine.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:07am On Jan 24, 2021
Crvrider:

Lol... U no be brand na by d time u become a brand people will address u by ur brandgrin

take heart my dear I feel ur pain

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chidekings(m): 8:16am On Jan 24, 2021
radautoworks:
good. This is why resources like this are available. I told you people that whenever a mechanic starts telling you to change condenser and evaporator, they don't know anything about ac. They just believe that if they change the whole system, they will fix the problem.
greetings,my 2010 Camry does not start at first crank,it starts at second crank mostly in the morning,have changed the fuel pump, the cold start sensor and still same problem exists
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:21am On Jan 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

You have a leak . If you lucky it is a slow leak, if you lucky it's from single point . refrigerant does not just run out. Meanwhile one of the dangers of what you just did is black death, pull a vacuum before recharging or next time you will be singing a different more expensive song.

Am I the only one who feels this bros always sing in psalms and thymes(mysteries)?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:22am On Jan 24, 2021
pharod:

Have a look at the harmonic balancer. Ignore the JB weld part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJuzkqJ-9SU

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:34am On Jan 24, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

I was exhausted from driving round Lagos that Thursday, after 30mins breather at Rumens, ikoyi, i decided to set destination towards Maryland at around 5.30pm or so. Lucky me, the algorithm worked its wonders that evening, a trip to Mudi Lane at Anthony on Uber with a 1.7X came through opposite where i was parked. I was already on 3% commission as at that Thursday.
gringringrin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:37am On Jan 24, 2021
pope191:

grin Ibarapa is a long trip oo, trust is not oven things grin

Him na one of Mr. Sunday Ighoho boys... FG don gibe order to shot on sight any of them... Bros better retreat now we the good people of agor palace resident want you alive.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:39am On Jan 24, 2021
iyaegin:

You're a learner... You never see rider wey sabi ball pass u na him make.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:42am On Jan 24, 2021
Felicity0001:

Lol... U no be brand na by d time u become a brand people will address u by ur brandgrin

take heart my dear I feel ur pain

One love.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3350) (3351) (3352) (3353) (3354) (3355) (3356) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191, Ballzproblem2 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.