Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,122 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4713286 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3354) (3355) (3356) (3357) (3358) (3359) (3360) ... (5683) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 7:43pm On Jan 25, 2021
Felicity0001:

Instead of selling your valuables because of minor need at the moment do you mind using them as a collateral to get a phone then get them back when you finish paying? I can help you talk to a friend who can assist.
I really don't mind, pls drop me message on WhatsApp 08088236010
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 7:45pm On Jan 25, 2021
Hello Pilots,
This woman here named just stole a driver’s iPhone 6s and 7500 from his safe, I was driving past when I saw the driver begging CBD guys on Obafemi Awolowo way, Ikeja. He was arrested for parking in front of NSCDC, because I felt pity for him I drove and parked at Assbifi rd then came back to know what his offense was, the woman ordered him to NSCDC office n asked him to park n wait while waiting for her person, just there the CBD guys came n arrested the driver for parking on the road, while the driver was out begging them this woman still inside d car took his big phone and 7500 from his safe and disappeared, thank God d driver called her with his small phone, she didn’t even pay for her ride of 2,300 now she has blocked his line and even my own line and the driver is being charged to pay 20k...

Pls help me call her to at least return his phone and pay his money...

Here’s her line

Thanks Guys

She is busy blocking calls to her

Na her face be that

Copied

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 7:59pm On Jan 25, 2021
davit:
Hello Pilots,
This woman here named Ayoola Abimbola just stole a driver’s iPhone 6s and 7500 from his safe, I was driving past when I saw the driver begging CBD guys on Obafemi Awolowo way, Ikeja. He was arrested for parking in front of NSCDC, because I felt pity for him I drove and parked at Assbifi rd then came back to know what his offense was, the woman ordered him to NSCDC office n asked him to park n wait while waiting for her person, just there the CBD guys came n arrested the driver for parking on the road, while the driver was out begging them this woman still inside d car took his big phone and 7500 from his safe and disappeared, thank God d driver called her with his small phone, she didn’t even pay for her ride of 2,300 now she has blocked his line and even my own line and the driver is being charged to pay 20k...

Here’s her line
09042965854 Ayoola Abimbola

Thanks Guys

Na her face be that
Hmm...oju ole re... Buh some people get mind sha angry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 8:08pm On Jan 25, 2021
Bammzzie:

I make lyk 13.5k or more with 3k fuel in diz winter period, I'm using corolla 05, so I want to compare and contrast if nothing is wrong with my car...

I no believe 3k fuel= 18+ltrs make 13.5k, for short trips abi long trips, u go refuel and pay commission still get 13.5k I no believe. No go make me feel like say my car get problem.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:08pm On Jan 25, 2021
davit:
Hello Pilots,
This woman here named Ayoola Abimbola just stole a driver’s iPhone 6s and 7500 from his safe, I was driving past when I saw the driver begging CBD guys on Obafemi Awolowo way, Ikeja. He was arrested for parking in front of NSCDC, because I felt pity for him I drove and parked at Assbifi rd then came back to know what his offense was, the woman ordered him to NSCDC office n asked him to park n wait while waiting for her person, just there the CBD guys came n arrested the driver for parking on the road, while the driver was out begging them this woman still inside d car took his big phone and 7500 from his safe and disappeared, thank God d driver called her with his small phone, she didn’t even pay for her ride of 2,300 now she has blocked his line and even my own line and the driver is being charged to pay 20k...

Here’s her line

Thanks Guys

Na her face be that

The guy should check is extra tire... but I think issue like this should b report at the police station, not saying driver should help, but this is a serious case if "alleged" is right.

Having sound diplomatic, I don't think she should b rush, all facts abt her should b gathered first, parents, siblings, work place b4 unleashin.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Idaytesj29(m): 8:22pm On Jan 25, 2021
Hello good people, I am about to start Uber business, I will own my car and drive it personally. I am looking at getting 2011 Hyundai Elantra for it and relocate to Lagos for the business.

My question is

Is my intended car and year okay for uber? Cos I am not a Toyota person, infact I don't like popular brand, I currently cruise a Peugeot.

Secondly, as someone very new to Lagos, not totally cos I did my masters in Unilag, will I be able to get by finding the riders destinations?

Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Baggon3(m): 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2021
We are looking for an investor that will like to invest in truck business, like 15 tons, 20 tons, 30 tons upward. In a hire purchase agreement. Investors don't need to worry but be expectance of his/her investment income. Within 12 to 18 months. Both capital and interest will be paid.
08099430585, or email us. baggon3@yahoo.com.
Sammyclarinet:
Please I need Hire Purchase for a Corolla between 2005 and 2007.In case you're able to help with someone who has a car for this purpose or a link to obtain one,please help reach out through whatsapp on 07031041231 or email to samkrisnet@gmail.com....I live around Ilupeju,Lagos.Thanks and have a pleasant day ahead.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2021
davit:
Hello Pilots,

Here’s her line

Thanks Guys

Na her face be that

Which kind wahala be dis, special agent izzou come help out

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2021
I think she has placed her number on divert all calls
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:33pm On Jan 25, 2021
Everyone should just drop a message on WhatsApp for her.

She's online

No threaten her with death oh grin...Pick your words biko
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Idaytesj29(m): 9:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
Idaytesj29:
Hello good people, I am about to start Uber business, I will own my car and drive it personally. I am looking at getting 2011 Hyundai Elantra for it and relocate to Lagos for the business.

My question is

Is my intended car and year okay for uber? Cos I am not a Toyota person, infact I don't like popular brand, I currently cruise a Peugeot.

Secondly, as someone very new to Lagos, not totally cos I did my masters in Unilag, will I be able to get by finding the riders destinations?

Thank you

Opinions pls
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:50pm On Jan 25, 2021
davit:
Hello Pilots,
This woman here named Ayoola Abimbola just stole a driver’s iPhone 6s and 7500 from his safe

Na her face be that

I think I saw this on Facebook. Please when giving us jobs like these ensure you write copied under as caveat because questions will be asked and unfortunately you can't be able to answer it.

To the girl... It will be better she ask her network provider to block her o. Because i get NIN so I won't relent until I finish her with calls and whatever.

Please those of you that paid for party. Come and collect your money o.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by suco01(m): 10:06pm On Jan 25, 2021
Boss in the house, I need to understand the myth behind this. I decided no to drive cos of traffic today, I entered korope bus from Agege to Ojodu Berger, sat directly behind the driver, I heard a conversation from a guy behind me asking a mechanic/someone who has knowledge on auto, that his tokunbo car just arrive that he took it to a mechanic for servicing change of engine and transmission oil, brake pads and the likes that the mechanic advised him to remove thermostat and run fan direct and the person the guy was calling said yes, I was shaking my head in a pity but what do I know. I want to know the myth that surround this cos I no gree my mechanic to comot the thermostart in the tokunbo engine I bought as na wetin I see here I follow but why do mechanics advise that?

cc
Blackbishop
Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:07pm On Jan 25, 2021
Slickleo:

I no believe 3k fuel= 18+ltrs make 13.5k, for short trips abi long trips, u go refuel and pay commission still get 13.5k I no believe. No go make me feel like say my car get problem.

Boss, I read the thing and I was doing a rough math in my head. Though I won't compare my engine size with that of a corolla but 3k capital to make 12k-13k, that is blood money na. For me I start with 2k and that gives me roughly 6k+ then I just continue to top as I work setting aside the 2k I initially started work with for the following day.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:11pm On Jan 25, 2021
She absconded without paying for the ride.

It's so sad sha. That's why I don't please any rider... Esp when it comes to traffic rules, because when the chips are down, they won't wait or beg with you.

For a long time, the stigma is going to be on her, right now, her pictures r going viral for the wrong reasons...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sammyclarinet(m): 10:17pm On Jan 25, 2021
Crvrider:

Boss, I read the thing and I was doing a rough math in my head. Though I won't compare my engine size with that of a corolla but 3k capital to make 12k-13k, that is blood money na. For me I start with 2k and that gives me roughly 6k+ then I just continue to top as I work setting aside the 2k I initially started work with for the following day.

Making money on Bolt in Lagos at present has a lot to do with DRIVING SMART than just burning fuel around.With a Corolla '05,you can make more than 13,500 with 3k fuel....speaking from personal experience.
#justmypersonalopinion

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 10:22pm On Jan 25, 2021
Slickleo:

On long trips, I make 10kgross with 2k fuel but on short trips, I make 8k gross with 2k fuel.

If I buy 3k fuel, I make gross of 14k before the reserve light or slightly more some times but I mostly buy 2k fuel to know my actual gross and deduct my fuel and commission of 2k while I keep my net for delivery...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:24pm On Jan 25, 2021
Olayetan:

I really don't mind, pls drop me message on WhatsApp 08088236010

Ok... Will chat you up...after I get a positive response... Just have faith
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2021
Adjusted
tojahh:

I think I saw this on Facebook. Please when giving us jobs like these ensure you write copied under as caveat because questions will be asked and unfortunately you can't be able to answer it.

To the girl... It will be better she ask her network provider to block her o. Because i get NIN so I won't relent until I finish her with calls and whatever.

Please those of you that paid for party. Come and collect your money o.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2021
Sammyclarinet:

Making money on Bolt in Lagos at present has a lot to do with DRIVING SMART than just burning fuel around.With a Corolla '05,you can make more than 13,500 with 3k fuel....speaking from personal experience.
#justmypersonalopinion

If driving smart means not driving around aimlessly for request, trust me boss that's what I do. First off, I don't leave my house without a ride and once I drop you off I don't leave until I get another. The only time I'll drive several distance from drop off is when looking for a good place to park and wait.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:41pm On Jan 25, 2021
pope191:

The guy should check is extra tire... but I think issue like this should b report at the police station, not saying driver should help, but this is a serious case if "alleged" is right.

Having sound diplomatic, I don't think she should b rush, all facts at her should b gathered first, parents, siblings, work place b4 unleashin. Trying to compare this face and won't like to load a wrong face to crime scene

Pope it not d same person, look at the line above upper lip-below the nose well the different is clear.

I suggest the driver in question should come here and explain very well to this honorable house.

My blood don dey hot already to do some collateral damage on the lady.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 10:51pm On Jan 25, 2021
Slickleo:

Lmao...I can't remove commission and refueling and still make 13.5k with 3k fuel o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:52pm On Jan 25, 2021
Crvrider:

If driving smart means not driving around aimlessly for request, trust me boss that's what I do. First off, I don't leave my house without a ride and once I drop you off I don't leave until I get another. The only time I'll drive several distance from drop off is when looking for a good place to park and wait.

This idea of waiting at a place till you get another ride for some reasons has never worked for me. Infact, I only did that during my first two weeks on ehailing and I quickly realised I made more money moving around smartly than just staying in one place. Yes, I used just a little more fuel but I made more money.

Once I drop off a rider, I wait 5-10 minutes then i'll move towards the nearest place where I know I'm most likely going to get another ride.

When I see people say they've been waiting at one place for 3 hours no request I want to smh but then I quickly remember that every one has what works for them. Driving around works quite well for me.

You may want to read about hypermiling. Thats the technique I use when driving without a rider.

PS:
I am not recommending driving around to anyone because you may end up wasting fuel if you're not smart and you don't know the exact places to target.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 11:18pm On Jan 25, 2021
suco01:
Boss in the house, I need to understand the myth behind this. I decided no to drive cos of traffic today, I entered korope bus from Agege to Ojodu Berger, sat directly behind the driver, I heard a conversation from a guy behind me asking a mechanic/someone who has knowledge on auto, that his tokunbo car just arrive that he took it to a mechanic for servicing change of engine and transmission oil, brake pads and the likes that the mechanic advised him to remove thermostat and run fan direct and the person the guy was calling said yes, I was shaking my head in a pity but what do I know. I want to know the myth that surround this cos I no gree my mechanic to comot the thermostart in the tokunbo engine I bought as na wetin I see here I follow but why do mechanics advise that?

cc
Blackbishop
Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
I avoid any mechanic or electrician that recommends removal of coolant thermostat and direct wiring of cooling fans.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 11:52pm On Jan 25, 2021
suco01:

cc
Blackbishop
Gazzuzz
Radautoworks

In short form as possible, the engine has a certain temperature its suppose to run which is controlled or aided by the thermostat and ECT functioning optimally when they are rendered useless by your mechanic the brain box senses that and send info to the the engine to pump more fuel for it to attain the maximum temperature and it goes on and on when the engine is working at 200% to attain the temp. Which at a long run damage the engine.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:08am On Jan 26, 2021
chillex8:

I avoid any mechanic or electrician that recommends removal of coolant thermostat and direct wiring of cooling fans.

Me I avoid them based on the following...

1. The ones that tells u this is Nigeria.. Thermostat is not needed ? This is very common among Honda cars

2. The ones that believe using water instead of coolant.

3. The ones that like to convert Automatic a/c compressor to manual .. This is very common among nairaland mechanics ( especially the so called car gurus) they known themselves here

4. The 20w50 oil crew.. The ones that will tell you it is ok to use as long as you change oil every 2k to 3K miles .

5 . The ones that can only fix certain Japanese cars

6. The ones that don't read owners manual ...

7. The ones that just pour engine oil without checking the oil capacity of engine

8. The ones that will drawn you a graph of ambient tempt . and explain to you that W stands for winter . And we have no winter in Nigeria and there is no need to use the recommended 5w30 .. That 15w30 is what we should be using grin

And the list goes on and on

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CryptoClub2018: 2:05am On Jan 26, 2021
HELLO GUYS, PLEASE I PICKED A GUY FROM MAGODO AND DROPPED AT LEKKI FACE ONE. THE GUY FEE IS #3600 AND HE MADE A TRANSFER TO MY ACCOUNT ONLY FOR ME TO FIND OUT LATER THAT IT IS A FAKE TRANSFER. I HAVE BEEN CALLING HIS LINE BUT HE PUTS ALL CALLS ON DIVERT. YOU ALL CAN GET HIM ON WHATSAPP AND THIS IS THE GUY NUMBER 08188889880. PLEASW HELP ME SHOW HIM LOVE FOR ATLEAST TWO WEEKS. THE GUY IS A THIEF
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Billions123: 3:07am On Jan 26, 2021
Hello guys! Please I need opinions on these few questions.
I'm looking to get into transportation business (e-hailing), I'm not really knowledgeable in this area but I have someone to manage the business generally. I'm looking at starting with 5 cars.
1. What type of car would you suggest (make and year please)?
2. What's the avearage price of the above listed car?
3. How much average do contracted drivers turn over weekly?

Any heads up generally?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:17am On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Me I avoid them based on the following...

1. The ones that tells u this is Nigeria.. Thermostat is not needed ? This is very common among Honda cars

2. The ones that believe using water instead of coolant.

3. The ones that like to convert Automatic a/c compressor to manual .. This is very common among nairaland mechanics ( especially the so called car gurus) they known themselves here

4. The 20w50 oil crew.. The ones that will tell you it is ok to use as long as you change oil every 2k to 3K miles .

5 . The ones that can only fix certain Japanese cars

6. The ones that don't read owners manual ...

7. The ones that just pour engine oil without checking the oil capacity of engine

8. The ones that will drawn you a graph of ambient tempt . and explain to you that W stands for winter . And we have no winter in Nigeria and there is no need to use the recommended 5w30 .. That 15w30 is what we should be using grin

And the list goes on and on
loud it

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 4:02am On Jan 26, 2021
kanuisagoat:

This idea of waiting at a place till you get another ride for some reasons has never worked for me. Infact, I only did that during my first two weeks on ehailing and I quickly realised I made more money moving around smartly than just staying in one place. Yes, I used just a little more fuel but I made more money.

Once I drop off a rider, I wait 5-10 minutes then i'll move towards the nearest place where I know I'm most likely going to get another ride.

When I see people say they've been waiting at one place for 3 hours no request I want to smh but then I quickly remember that every one has what works for them. Driving around works quite well for me.

You may want to read about hypermiling. Thats the technique I use when driving without a rider.

PS:
I am not recommending driving around to anyone because you may end up wasting fuel if you're not smart and you don't know the exact places to target.

I guess its different strokes for different folks. Staying put has always been my mode of operation and it works well for me.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CryptoClub2018: 4:09am On Jan 26, 2021
HELLO GUYS, PLEASE I PICKED A GUY FROM MAGODO AND DROPPED AT LEKKI FACE ONE. THE GUY FEE IS #3600 AND HE MADE A TRANSFER TO MY ACCOUNT ONLY FOR ME TO FIND OUT LATER THAT IT IS A FAKE TRANSFER. I HAVE BEEN CALLING HIS LINE BUT HE PUTS ALL CALLS ON DIVERT. YOU ALL CAN GET HIM ON WHATSAPP AND THIS IS THE GUY NUMBER 08188889880. PLEASW HELP ME SHOW HIM LOVE FOR ATLEAST TWO WEEKS. THE GUY IS A THIEF
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 5:36am On Jan 26, 2021
Olayetan:

On long trips, I make 10kgross with 2k fuel but on short trips, I make 8k gross with 2k fuel.

If I buy 3k fuel, I make gross of 14k before the reserve light or slightly more some times but I mostly buy 2k fuel to know my actual gross and deduct my fuel and commission of 2k while I keep my net for delivery...

Bt y u go allow ur car reserve light come on, me I know for sure it's most possible on long trips not wen u hv done 5 short trips dat is not up to 7k ur gauge go be like me I must shake body ohh

(1) (2) (3) ... (3354) (3355) (3356) (3357) (3358) (3359) (3360) ... (5683) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.