Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4721810 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3374) (3375) (3376) (3377) (3378) (3379) (3380) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:24pm On Jan 30, 2021
pope191:

Boss u try, you never see where army drill person before? I've grown pass "don't b stupid", not until I start fetching water in barrack that sense will fall on me. Even you will not come to visit me, but I trust Tojahh & Davit will show sha.

Me come visit you? After you collect my tear rubber oven from me??

Omo come see where some army guys drill on Yahoo boy wey insult one of my client today enh... Oboy! Me self com dey cry for the boy �. But the guy Bleep up chia! because client pay u come buy venza no mean say u go dey do any how na... D babe just call him army friend that just returned from Sambisa terrorist fight last week... See drilling.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2021
dejidotun2000:
Greetings !

I wondered where you were holed up.

On another note, you guys(pope, felicity001 etc) will just be typing oven upandan without asking about darmilolah who invented the slang, e no good oooo.

Oga darmilolah we greet you ooh the oven general overseer of ovens, the great one, destroyer and slayer of them all. May you days be long on earth.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
IFSHR:

Are you saying he should tell the caller the bolded ? Or you are just thinking loud...

That's a wrong thing to tell the caller, infact it's incriminating.

Well if am in his shoes I will say it...
Its absorbing yourself... U can't take responsibility for every tom, dick and harry that enters your car and all their belongings that u don't know. They should know that they aren't the only people that enter your car within that period.

Secondly, that fact must be established, cos they may have actually left their phone in the car and the subsequent rider has picked it. That isn't the fault of the driver.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2021
My condolences to Indriver's today. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 5:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
Follow @dj ben g on Audio Mack. I’m dropping something new on 1/02/2021.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
peeps4u:

What about the availability and cost of parts?

Might just be another car to be considered by Nigerians for ehailing.
I don't see why not. Someone who knows Ladipo will have better insight
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
northbird:

Yes.

I hv been expecting his call today. I guess they just wanted to try that angle, he wasn't too sure how he misplaced the watch.....

keep screenshots of drop off time and when you received his call. O tan
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 6:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
radautoworks:
I don't see why not. Someone who knows Ladipo will have better insight
My friend uses this.
E get wetin una no dey produce? embarassed

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:26pm On Jan 30, 2021
chillex8:
And tomorrow too, and any day they completely close 3mb in the future grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sammyclarinet(m): 6:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
AdesuyiVictor:

Really?

Okay guys, I need to be clear...

Is remittance of 49K impossible in Lagos?

I need an understanding of this...

You don't want to commit yourself to an agreement you will regret sooner than expected.....don't out of "need" commit yourself to a lifestyle of stress and compulsion....Other people's experiences may be your best teacher if studied carefully...YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE AN IDEA HOW THE POTENTIAL CAR WOULD RESPOND TO YOUR "PROMISE"....WATCH YOUR MOUTH.....

#justanopinion

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
chillex8:

My friend uses this.
E get wetin una no dey produce? embarassed
grin nope
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:14pm On Jan 30, 2021
northbird:
As per the guy doing 800 trips..... I don't believe it

But I believe the 1 million gross. Very possible, if you have the backing of a machine/ app.

I think Bolt has an arrangement with him.

Also two people using the account is highly possible.

Thirdly, Bolt has geofenced him to trips only on the island/ Lekki axis.. Anywhere he goes, his ID has been given precedence over all other drivers. Regardless of their status on the queue.

He gets the next closest / available trip whenever
he is around, iPhone 6s, 4gb ram , modem or whatever gadgets other drivers use notwithstanding .

1 million gross in a month from driving shocked. Nawa o.

Hmmm...Inspector Gadget...well done sir grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:16pm On Jan 30, 2021
chillex8:

Where did I keep the car key self, I use it to pick dirt off my ear last night... thanks for d reminder grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
InfinityEstates:

Baba, thanks o. I've finally left there. It would have been more difficult if not for you. I appreciate so much.

Please if you don't mind drop a number make I replace airtime wey you use call.

God bless.

Congrats...God bless IFSHR
Baba wetin you do, make others learn

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
radautoworks:
Suzuki's are okay

As per second hand? Cos individuals will not buy brand new o

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 8:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
pope191:

Where did I keep the car key self, I use it to pick dirt off my ear last night... thanks for d reminder grin
I work 6am to 12pm today and i reject trips to the island grin and fortunately for me i got trips back to back angry

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dubblechief4422: 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2021
Good day my good people, I intend joining d etaxi business, Uber or bolt with a 2005 Toyota harria same as Lexus rx330 but with a 2.5 litre v6 engine, whatz likely going to be my income if I work 8am to 7pm daily..pls I need advice from professionals in the house pls I will be waiting...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 10:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
dru23:

Probability is simply how likely something is to happen. Whenever we're unsure about the outcome of an event.

My probability is Tokunbo... It is all about PROBABILITY

Reason I used the word "some" which certainly falls into "probability"
Whenever u make your statement, u sound so much like nothing good can come out of buying a naija used car. That's the point I am tryna make you understand.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 10:27pm On Jan 30, 2021
izzou:

So sorry for your ordeal. I'm glad IFHSR came through.

Abeg tell us wetin happen.

Hmmm... Bros, it is well sha. After I don talk say dem no go enter me this 2021.

So I picked up one girl this morning. She was going to Balogun Market. In my head I was like "drop her and zoom off", since that's what I normally do on that axis.

The place I wanted to drop her wasn't where she was going to so I had to go and turn round again. When she finally saw the entrance of Balogun market where she was going, there was no place to park so I had to go ahead. She started complaining that I was taking her away from where she was going bla bla bla. I just said I should find small clearing make she drop o. As I was trying to clear, I had already ended the trip and she had paid cash. Immediately I stopped and she came down and closed the door, I saw a lastma guy in front of my car. He was pointing at a NO STOPPING, NO WAITING board behind a woman selling something. I obviously didn't see it before then. The lastma guy just stood in front of the car, so I couldn't move else I hit him. I tried pointing that the woman blocked the sign and there was no way I'll have seen it and still parked there. He still stood in front of my car.

One of them in mufty then came to the window, I thought he was those agbero guys. He was Iike should lower the window and give him small thing to help him beg the guy and all. I lowered my window small o, before I could say jack, the guy slid his hand through the small space, unlocked the car and sat inside and said I should move forward to park.

We moved without the lastma guy. I tried parking close by to NEGOTIATE. The guy said I should drive forward. He was just directing me till we cleared from that Balogun area and he told me to park. Meanwhile, I didn't even know the other lastma guy was on bike following us. Immediately I parked, the guy removed the key and came down to meet the lastma guy who then joined us.

All the while I was pleading with them to negotiate so that I'll settle them there or something. They didn't even answer me. Before I knew what was happening, we were at their CAR PARK at Sura.

In the end, thank God for IFSHR who came to my aid.

I met another UBER guy there. He paid 17K + 1.5K for gate fee with abeg o. His offense? His belt had issues on EKO BRIDGE so he had to park to check it. They towed his vehicle there. After paying them, he still had to buy belt plus adjuster wahala. I just left my own problem dey sorry for the guy.

In my presence more than 20 vehicles were driven in or towed into that place. I saw one other corrola that was towed. They scattered the bumper without mercy. It well sha.

#Lessonslearnt

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
InfinityEstates:

Hmmm... Bros, it is well sha. After I don talk say dem no go enter me this 2021.

So I picked up one girl this morning. She was going to Balogun Market. In my head I was like "drop her and zoom off", since that's what I normally do on that axis.

The place I wanted to drop her wasn't where she was going to so I had to go and turn round again. When she finally saw the entrance of Balogun market where she was going, there was no place to park so I had to go ahead. She started complaining that I was taking her away from where she was going bla bla bla. I just said I should find small clearing make she drop o. As I was trying to clear, I had already ended the trip and she had paid cash. Immediately I stopped and she came down and closed the door, I saw a lastma guy in front of my car. He was pointing at a NO STOPPING, NO WAITING board behind a woman selling something. I obviously didn't see it before then. The lastma guy just stood in front of the car, so I couldn't move else I hit him. I tried pointing that the woman blocked the sign and there was no way I'll have seen it and still parked there. He still stood in front of my car.

One of them in mufty then came to the window, I thought he was those agbero guys. He was Iike should lower the window and give him small thing to help him beg the guy and all. I lowered my window small o, before I could say jack, the guy slid his hand through the small space, unlocked the car and sat inside and said I should move forward to park.

We moved without the lastma guy. I tried parking close by to NEGOTIATE. The guy said I should drive forward. He was just directing me till we cleared from that Balogun area and he told me to park. Meanwhile, I didn't even know the other lastma guy was on bike following us. Immediately I parked, the guy removed the key and came down to meet the lastma guy who then joined us.

All the while I was pleading with them to negotiate so that I'll settle them there or something. They didn't even answer me. Before I knew what was happening, we were at their CAR PARK at Sura.

In the end, thank God for IFSHR who came to my aid.

I met another UBER guy there. He paid 17K + 1.5K for gate fee with abeg o. His offense? His belt had issues on EKO BRIDGE so he had to park to check it. They towed his vehicle there. After paying them, he still had to buy belt plus adjuster wahala. I just left my own problem dey sorry for the guy.

In my presence more than 20 vehicles were driven in or towed into that place. I saw one other corrola that was towed. They scattered the bumper without mercy. It well sha.

#Lessonslearnt

Sura! Devil resides in that place, next time use the Ocean and oil filling station.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
eyinola:
I work 6am to 12pm today and i reject trips to the island grin and fortunately for me i got trips back to back angry

Not working was intentional, yesterday worth a break for me, so I decide to take a rest. Got a trip of 16 stops, lekki to Ikeja.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
chillex8:

Lol... They got their arms burnt abi?

Thank God I'm not driving this period and thank God for God, He Has been faithful with a few offline clients.

If not! watin a married man with 2kids for do?
Savings ran out!
No car!!

To protect my integrity I dump an offer of 20k weekly. "A good name is better than riches"

At least I've rest of mind and peace.

Better things ahead
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
dejidotun2000:
Greetings !

I wondered where you were holed up.

On another note, you guys(pope, felicity001 etc) will just be typing oven upandan without asking about darmilolah who invented the slang, e no good oooo.
Lol.... grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 11:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
Pearl1910:

As per second hand? Cos individuals will not buy brand new o
yes
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:31pm On Jan 30, 2021
Gogettaz:
Fake Alerts and Rider Scam:

I don't reject transfer except if you are going to the airport or Lagos island. But you MUST agree to wait for confirmation before I release my bank account details. The only confirmation I care about is the one from my phone.
N:B there are exceptions though; if you are sitting in the from and I follow the whole transfer process from A-Z.

These tips could help-
1. Try to have as much account from different banks as you can.

2. If a rider asks "which bank", reply with "which one are you sending from let's see if I can save you some transfer fee?"
The idea of saving them transfer fee cancels the perception of being rude. An average rider believes they are better than you.

3. If you don't have every other bank, try to have Access in your toolkit. From experience it delivers alert swiftly.

4. If a rider starts to tell you how his Benz is costing him serious money or how he just bought a car for his girlfriend. (You know those kind of unsolicited gist) BE ON YOUR GUARD.

5. If for example a rider trip is from Agungi to Chevron and on getting to Chevron you are pitching going to Egbeda in the next couple of hours to me. Bros, I can wait for your alert for the next 45 minutes. Don't get greedy.

6. Don't get greedy, if you are waiting for an alert and 2.4x surge enters am not leaving without seeing your money. A bird at hand... And it takes an average surge more than 5 minutes to vanish completely.

7. To minimize waiting time for payment confirmation, of you are not a fan of bank App be sure to have internet banking. They let you know what's up even when text alert delays.

Guard your money guys, you worked for it. They are not doing you favours.
GTbank
Stanbic bank
Standards chartered
Kuda micro finance bank
Providus bank...

I have all the apps, they all have push notifications and linked to my email for alerts... Plus they are swift.

I dey collect my money with all my might... The ones wey later bounce or reverse from ur end sef... I go follow up till you pay or i ask bolt to block you��
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
I didn't get it too. May be as per my rides no dey reach 25 per week again. shocked
Duke111:
Am i the only one not given the fri-sat weekend bonus?
Nnaeeh Bolt get problem
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
pope191:

Sura! Devil resides in that place, next time use the Ocean and oil filling station.
Most of thses ladies we do take to that axis no dey wan hear say you can't drop them a anywhere dey want.
One nearly put me into kasala late last year.
I just avoid trips to that axis these days.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 12:16am On Jan 31, 2021
Best thing is to avoid trips to balogun axis...the money is not worth the stress, plus you will most likely blow empty out of there.

If your rider cant drop at Oando or Conoil, or pay the UBA carpark fee dont take the trip.

The guy that posted about toyota Harrier, my humble opinion is dont use the car for Ehailling it will end in tears.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olmat(m): 2:54am On Jan 31, 2021
Good day my Honorables.

Please I need your advice on which car to buy for e-hailing business. I'm having options of toyota corolla 2003 - 2005 model or Honda Civic 2005 - 2008 Model, though I'm tilting towards Honda Civic 07/08 model. Please which should I choose?, I don't Wana make mistakes.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:44am On Jan 31, 2021
davit:

Most of thses ladies we do take to that axis no dey wan hear say you can't drop them a anywhere dey want.
One nearly put me into kasala late last year.
I just avoid trips to that axis these days.

I tell them before embarking on the trip, it's either I act as if I want to enter the UBA and they quickly drop or Oando... But now is Oando, you don't want? Bye bye

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:44am On Jan 31, 2021
mrjaydee:
Best thing is to avoid trips to balogun axis...the money is not worth the stress, plus you will most likely blow empty out of there.

If your rider cant drop at Oando or Conoil, or pay the UBA carpark fee dont take the trip.

The guy that posted about toyota Harrier, my humble opinion is dont use the car for Ehailling it will end in tears.

Up next from there - Awolowo Rd.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 5:54am On Jan 31, 2021
pope191:

Yes o. I've learnt my lessons.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3374) (3375) (3376) (3377) (3378) (3379) (3380) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.