Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4726046 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3418) (3419) (3420) (3421) (3422) (3423) (3424) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rotimillion: 12:31pm On Feb 12, 2021
Na you dey fear. Someone responded to your greetings by signs and you feel that's not enough for you as you fail to understand the nature of greetings. Stop the fear now to avoid another story that touches the anus...]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:59pm On Feb 12, 2021
Pearl1910:

Yes ooo...u could make upto that in a week. HP and rental was between 45k to 60k then, guys made 40k in a day self that time. just 5 trips can fetch u that. Ogba to VI was like 10k to 12k without surge o. If surge come dey na die grin

Some people did percentage like the poster but na owner go give u fuel money. So u just drive and get 20% of net after uber takes 25%, owner pockets d rest after fuel and other repairs if any.

Smart ones bought cars in 6months to 12months of driving. Others bought lands, built houses, some don travel abroad sef leave dis suffer country for us. cheesy

Most riders those days where bucksed-up no be now wey person go wan scam u for N700 trip and still be saying because of just N700? Chai...men don suffer angry
You sef don tey, that time I get person wey dey do am, he was conveniently delivering 100k weekly. Times of using 2 years old tear rubber cars, not this suffer suffer era of using 19 years old cars
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:13pm On Feb 12, 2021
deedee44:

You sef don tey, that time I get person wey dey do am, he was conveniently delivering 100k weekly. Times of using 2 years old tear rubber cars, not this suffer suffer era of using 19 years old cars

Lolz...yes o. guys were oven backing their cars every year, buying brand new tyres without batting an eyelid. Offering drinks, snacks, refreshments to riders..."ohhhh I miss abroad" (in do goods voice) grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 1:18pm On Feb 12, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Wow, mehn don cash out leave crumbs for us grin

@Bolded,

What do you think about using that model for rentals. I have done the maths and I doubt any driver will take that offer now.
That offer will favour drivers and burn owner's fingers, offline trips cannot be traced and calculated so drivers will pocket all the money and still collect his own share of the few online trips

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 1:24pm On Feb 12, 2021
Pearl1910:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Postsubman/status/1360105401153372160

Guys...would u do this if u where d driver? grin
Me I can't, I really wish I could
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 1:27pm On Feb 12, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lolz...yes o. guys were oven backing their cars every year, buying brand new tyres without batting an eyelid. Offering drinks, snacks, refreshments to riders..."ohhhh I miss abroad" (in do goods voice) grin grin
Yes I used to enjoy some of the snacks in his car back then, but when me I started na chewing gum be snacks wey I dey offer rider. Now rider no go even see pure water grin Na rider dey buy snacks give driver now grin grin

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 1:33pm On Feb 12, 2021
Pearl1910:

It depends on u finding a driver that will accept

1. U don't have access to the drivers account now that drivers do uber, Bolt, indriver etc.

2. U cant track Offline trips

3. You as d owner, will provide tollgate fares, parking fees, money for data, call credit, etc

4. It requires a lot of calculation, plus and minus.

So to save urself from d stress, just do flat rate every week anything above that na driver own.

But all things being equal % is almost the same thing with flat rate if u check it well. Cos driver on rental goes home with about 25% of his earnings on d average. Except he is doing indriver alone that doesn't collect commission or he got a lot of good offline trips

I actually didn't consider all these. Now that I think of it , the model makes no sense.

Will just stick to weekly rentals.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 1:51pm On Feb 12, 2021
deedee44:

Yes I used to enjoy some of the snacks in his car back then, but when me I started na chewing gum be snacks wey I dey offer rider. Now rider no go even see pure water grin Na rider dey buy snacks give driver now grin grin

No wonder.

I Carried two ladies at a bar after they had finished smoking and drinking.

One of them asked if I had chewing gum in the vehicle. At the time, it felt like a stupid question to ask like why will I have chewing gum in the vehicle and even if I had, why will I give you.

She must have gotten a gum in your vehicle before grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2021
Pearl1910:

GOAT
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 2:41pm On Feb 12, 2021
Pearl1910:

No. None of my business.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 2:46pm On Feb 12, 2021
Might be worth it to look into this. Wema/Alat is very good with loan products.

Note, the car loan is a different thing from the personal loan below it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 2:57pm On Feb 12, 2021
radautoworks:
Might be worth it to look into this. Wema/Alat is very good with loan products.

I've wanted to share here when someone was ready to sell personal belongings to get his vehicle back on the road but I forgot.

Most banks offer quick soft loans without any collateral and very little interest.

For those using zenith dial *966*11#. Most of us on this thread should be able to collect above 50k due to high turnover as a result of frequent transfers into our account.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:12pm On Feb 12, 2021
radautoworks:
GOAT

Greatest Of All Time abi Ewu meehhh grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:17pm On Feb 12, 2021
kanuisagoat:

No wonder.

I Carried two ladies at a bar after they had finished smoking and drinking.

One of them asked if I had chewing gum in the vehicle. At the time, it felt like a stupid question to ask like why will I have chewing gum in the vehicle and even if I had, why will I give you.

She must have gotten a gum in your vehicle before grin
Not only my vehicle o, gum was trending then so me sef join rome and started behaving like the romans until man ran out of gum angry grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:19pm On Feb 12, 2021
pope191:

It has happened to me 3 times, but I pardoned one out of the 3 which was 2 months ago and the others were 2 yrs ago, new and naive me.

1st was at the Enyo filling station at 4th round about, after loaning her money, she still have the mind to ask if I can help her get the food, she's tired. Ever since I start dressing well, and add some value to myself, nah see finish they cos all these things.

2nd was stack naked and was coming from over night parol, got to where she was supposed to get food... oga! Abeg you fit help me, Abeg! Nah because of the cloth I wear and I don off my shoe. Me! Open the trunk, get my madam slippers inside the boot for her, she already know the answer to her request grin

3rd: I picked her from Ogba on indriver going to igbo efon, she blessed me with 5k and beg if I can take her back to Ogba wit a stop at Yaba for like 15 mins when she is done? What is my masquerade doing? On our way back we r already flowing like an acquaintance, on getting to Yaba, I told her, I'm going to eat at Whitehouse, incase shes done and I'm no where to b found. She was like wow! Her favourite Amala spot, do I know she has not taken anything outside the food she ate in the morning (6pm now), please get for me and I have this funny facial gesture like for real! And she goes like well! If you like get it, if you like don't, we will still go back to buy mine when am done. So I stayed back in the car playing the tot of not eating again, at least I didnt go and nothing will rest on my conscience, just felt like some things r needless jare... went to eat and got hers as well.

Na lie come back here and complete this 2 last story tell us how e end... Or have you suddenly forgotten you are the President, Oven 'll guy lighter gen?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:45pm On Feb 12, 2021
This accident happened about an hr ago along Ago palace way. The corolla is not yet registered in sure maybe a buyer was going for test drive or the dealer boys were going for an errand.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:46pm On Feb 12, 2021
Felicity001:
This accident happened about an hr ago along Ago palace way. The corolla is not yet registered in sure maybe a buyer was going for test drive or the dealer boys were going for an errand.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2021
Felicity001:

Probably the trailer rolled backwards

Chai cry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lagusboyyy(m): 5:02pm On Feb 12, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Nawa o. Oversaturation I guess. Thats the thing with we Nigerians.

Back then in 2015, a colleague told me how this POS business was booming in some Northern cities with little to no access to banks.

I briefly thought of going into it but I felt no one will pay commission to withdraw money in the East when there are banks everywhere. How wrong I was.

The moment some people started it and others noticed they were making money, everyone trooped into it.

Today, almost every street has two-three POS shops. Nigerians don scatter the business.
SMILES!

I always think about it, anything few individuals is successful with, and naija people eye reach am, they always over saturate and slowly kill it off, no wonder most successful individuals, don't like to reveal their success formula.

Business naija people successfully over saturate:

Pure water business

Catering

Event planning

Private schools

E-hailing

P. O. S business

HipHop genre ( both talented and numerous untalented )

Yahoo Yahoo

Na wa o!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:11pm On Feb 12, 2021
Rotimillion:
Na you dey fear. Someone responded to your greetings by signs and you feel that's not enough for you as you fail to understand the nature of greetings. Stop the fear now to avoid another story that touches the anus...]

Thank you guess I will take a break till next weekend I go don gather liver l.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 5:32pm On Feb 12, 2021
lagusboyyy:
SMILES!

I always think about it, anything few individuals is successful with, and naija people eye reach am, they always over saturate and slowly kill it off, no wonder most successful individuals, don't like to reveal their success formula.

Pure water business

Catering

Event planning

Private schools

E-hailing

P. O. S business

Yahoo Yahoo

Na wa o!

That is why even on this thread, everybody dey hide where in dey position because they know once you spill it, the following day, you will meet 100 drivers there grin

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:34pm On Feb 12, 2021
lagusboyyy:
SMILES!

Pure water business

Catering

Event planning

Private schools

E-hailing

P. O. S business

Yahoo Yahoo

Na wa o!

They can never saturate school and catering. People too plenty we need am, if it’s saturated prices or fees will drop

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2021
izzou:

Probably the trailer rolled backwards

Chai cry

In cases like this self, who dey at fault? The trailer for rolling backwards or the corolla for not leaving enough space.

cc radautoworks . You know say we no go driving school cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2021
kanuisagoat:

That is why even on this thread, everybody dey hide where in dey position because they know once you spill it, the following day, you will meet 100 drivers there grin

Bros drivers don’t read on this thread. Nigerians generally don’t read. I learnt so much from this thread and still learning.
If drivers truly read here they won’t be asking the same questions or getting into trouble at locations highlighted here as danger zone.
I learnt more from d old drivers Romeo set now na gbas gbos plenty pass
There was a day I got request from Uber n bolt , was heading to pick Uber rider when bolt entered and will favor me more than Uber. Straight away Romeo tactics came to my mind cos he has described this exact scenario in his dairy
Na wetin I use be dt. To read hard sha

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:45pm On Feb 12, 2021
kanuisagoat:

In cases like this self, who dey at fault? The trailer for rolling backwards or the corolla for not leaving enough space.

cc radautoworks . You know say we no go driving school cheesy
grin na who talk that kin tin?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:46pm On Feb 12, 2021
Pearl1910:

Greatest Of All Time abi Ewu meehhh grin
funnily, both at the same time!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:53pm On Feb 12, 2021
kanuisagoat:

. You know say we no go driving school cheesy

There's a specified space that should be left in between cars.

But the trailer really damage that car oh.

No explanation abeg. He need to pay grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frubben(m): 6:06pm On Feb 12, 2021
Ghost1994:

Bros just search dash cam on Jumia and you'll get the one of your budget.

You can easily install it yourself and uninstall whenever you feel like.

Very simple to install and uninstall
does the camera capture inside of the vehicle, or just outside
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2021
izzou:

There's a specified space that should be left in between cars.

But the trailer really damage that car oh.

No explanation abeg. He need to pay grin

grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2021
radautoworks:
grin na who talk that kin tin?

Na you nacheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:17pm On Feb 12, 2021
kanuisagoat:

grin

Brotherly, if it was just mere scratches, we would have consoled the Corolla owner with the fact that Christ died for our sins..

But see as bonnet don go, bumper don go, maybe headlamp and other components damaged?

Mbaa....Na only money fit stop the tears grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:48pm On Feb 12, 2021
Felicity001:

I later saw them pushing the car towards okota junction and I was like shey break fail? Cos no be express and when driving a new car u must be extra careful. Very sad for the owner and the person responsible for it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3418) (3419) (3420) (3421) (3422) (3423) (3424) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: donfortune48(m), lorhema(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.