Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4721667 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3468) (3469) (3470) (3471) (3472) (3473) (3474) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by UcLloyd: 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2021
BAZ001:
So last Saturday I picked a fortunate albino.
On our way, bros just Dey rush me, drive fast , drive fast, I’m late.
Got to destination.
Rider: account number
Me: gave him
Rider: jumped out of d car saying done!
Me: I never get alert
Rider: you will get it, walking away very fast.
Should I run after dis yellow man or just respect myself? Another request came so I left.
To cut long story short by Sunday night no alert.
Text rider twice, called him no reply.
Tuesday night called n text too, then he replied and said he will look into and revert. By Thursday no reply nothing. I reported to bolt and was given 850 naira as compensation then blocked his account.
Fast forward to today
Alert enter
Rider has been calling and texting me to confirm alert. For where I no pick I no reply too.
I will wait till Monday or 1week to unblock his account too.
I’m writing dis epistle to show dt sometimes we should give riders time before we start calling them out here or fighting. With this new NIN / sim it won’t be easy for them to change sim when bolt/Uber blocks their account.

My man of the week!!! He got served!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
UcLloyd:

Oga go through this comment and u will see u just saying the same damn thing, the last of what u said is the alternator takes power from the engine. Make una no dey deceive people, AC on consumes more fuel than when u off it. Having ur door glasses down theory is a different topic.

I don't understand how u guys believe an engine put under extra push cus of one using the AC doesn't consume much fuel. If ure speaking with newer models of cars, yes cus of some emerging improvements on the whole system. But don't coman tell me a 2001-2009 cars don't consume more fuel on AC is laughable
On point, even latest model consumes more fuel when using AC.
The drag effect u get when ur glass is down can never consume as much fuel as running AC.
To confirm the above connect a scanner to car and observe engine load readings, u will see d difference

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
UcLloyd:

Oga go through this comment and u will see u just saying the same damn thing, the last of what u said is the alternator takes power from the engine. Make una no dey deceive people, AC on consumes more fuel than when u off it. Having ur door glasses down theory is a different topic.

I don't understand how u guys believe an engine put under extra push cus of one using the AC doesn't consume much fuel. If ure speaking with newer models of cars, yes cus of some emerging improvements on the whole system. But don't coman tell me a 2001-2009 cars don't consume more fuel on AC is laughable

My last statement on this clearly stated that you are right. Pls do go through and end the discussion

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Weightless: 8:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
hillso7:

That was how I pick this lady from idado to lekki.
R. Please put on your AC
Me. Please put on your face mask.
R. I can't wear mask cos of my make up.
Me. You need to put on your mask.
R. So if I don't put on mask you won't put on the AC.
Me. Yes
R. Then continue.
Me. Quiet and concentrate on driving.

Trip ended and my rating dropped. Who cares?
Can't risk my health because of yeye 1k

In the same light other riders comply with the rules. If you refuse, I refer you to the user manual (bolt app), after all you saw it before questing the ride.

Next time report her first for not wearing nose mask
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 8:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
Good day my people. Please how much is brake disc {new) for corolla 03
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tosinosu2011: 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2021
Does anyone knows any company that can help someone manage his/her car for Uber or Bolt
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2021
BAZ001:

Me I prefer card payments, infact I love it. One rider was saying it’s a card trip are you going and I said yes I prefer card na so she begin talk how drivers cancel on her cos of card trips, I pity her. She even tip me after, if to say I be like tojah or Pope i for just follow up cos na better oven.
Transfer comes with d fear of scam or reversal.
Instead of transferring just change to card trip

No mention my name there again o

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2021
How people deviate from the subject and argue another thing here is disheartening.

No one ever said that AC doesn't make a car consume more fuel; but this is what everyone seem to argue and defend now. Forgetting what brought about the argument.

Someone asked if increasing the speed/fan of the AC from low>mid>high>highest makes a car consume more fuel respectively.
No one have given a clear explanation about this. But everyone seem to argue about what no one is actually arguing against.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olmat(m): 10:50pm On Mar 01, 2021
Good my day my Amiable Pilots.
Please I need ur advice, I'm planning on greeting a toyota corrola for E-hailing business. I initially was thinking of getting between 2003 to 2005 toyota corolla model, but I was advised to go for 2008 model that I will operate on uberx platform which is more lucrative. Please how true is this. I will be driving my car myself.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2021
Olmat:
Please I need ur advice, I'm planning on greeting a toyota corrola for E-hailing business. I initially was thinking of getting between 2003 to 2005 toyota corolla model, but I was advised to go for 2008 model that I will operate on uberx platform which is more lucrative. Please how true is this. I will be driving my car myself.

Bring the person here, let him tell it to my face and he will know the Al Fayeed will compensate him for being totful.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
Pearl1910:

He just transfered the money after he discovered he was blocked, but didn't u confirm the trip after it ended, cos I know na oyo be ur case if u confirm and u r reporting that rider did not pay later. Abi Bolt don change??

I confirmed the trip and moved on to accept more request , I reported on Tuesday night and explained in details what happened that he did transfer and I didn’t get alert and he’s not responding to my calls and text.
Bolt has really changed, they first hammer me compensation money before blocking his account. E shock me too, cos I no get energy to dey fight rider or dey pursue one person for money.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2021
Olmat:

Tell the person that advised you that I want to see him.

No... Tell him I don't want to see him. Infact tell him to come and go and show me where he collected his award from... Obviously Lai Mohammed is SHOCK!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 1:15am On Mar 02, 2021
Olmat:

Bros , no buy Corolla Abeg you. The rate at which
Lastma, cbd , police and task force disrespect Corolla baffles me. D same place other cars will stop to pick or drop someone, let Corolla stop there you will see them coming with full speed.
I just feel d disrespect is too much.
Check Honda Civic or Hyundai or Camry self.
Na my opinion, not d general practice cos it has nothing to do with engine or maintenance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by godsonn97: 2:35am On Mar 02, 2021
BAZ001:

Are your documents in pdf ?
If you are using your phone make sure they are very clear
no, not in PDF, the app has option for snapping or uploading documents as pictures directly. Or do I need to covert the documents to PDF
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 6:47am On Mar 02, 2021
Tosinosu2011:
Does anyone knows any company that can help someone manage his/her car for Uber or Bolt
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 7:52am On Mar 02, 2021
UcLloyd:

Nnaeh, grin person wey carry load join pikin wey him carry for back suppose no sey na extra energy e go need

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 7:56am On Mar 02, 2021
donfortune48:
How people deviate from the subject and argue another thing here is disheartening.

No one ever said that AC doesn't make a car consume more fuel; but this is what everyone seem to argue and defend now. Forgetting what brought about the argument.

Someone asked if increasing the speed/fan of the AC from low>mid>high>highest makes a car consume more fuel respectively.
No one have given a clear explanation about this. But everyone seem to argue about what no one is actually arguing against.

I have explained this earlier
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Miopade: 8:30am On Mar 02, 2021
Good morning fam! I'm yet to receive my last week earnings from bolt which was supposed to come in yesterday[monday]. Pls, does it come later than Monday? And can I send a mail to that effect?
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:24am On Mar 02, 2021
Miopade:
Good morning fam! I'm yet to receive my last week earnings from bolt which was supposed to come in yesterday[monday]. Pls, does it come later than Monday? And can I send a mail to that effect?
Thanks

You'll get it before 12pm on Wednesday
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gogettaz: 9:29am On Mar 02, 2021
My car is 2009, wind down even on 60mph to your pocket disadvantage.
UcLloyd:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hillso7(m): 9:48am On Mar 02, 2021
izzou:

grin grin grin
Can I connect my phone to it?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hillso7(m): 10:11am On Mar 02, 2021
Weightless:

Next time report her first for not wearing nose mask
You're right, noted
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hillso7(m): 10:14am On Mar 02, 2021
donfortune48:

grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 10:20am On Mar 02, 2021
owolabi5:
✅ Lagos Plate Number

✅ Change of Ownership

✅ Dealer Plate Number

✅ Renewal of Vehicle Particulars

Call: 08033539981

WhatsApp : 08182880902

carpapers.com.ng

Office Address:

Ministry of Transportation

VIO OFFICE

OWODE ONIRIN BUS STOP

OPPOSITE OWODE ONIRIN MARKET

ALONG IKORODU ROAD

LAGOS
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 10:21am On Mar 02, 2021
We are your number one source to get any vehicle checked. We make it easy for you to discover the complete history of any used car before you buy or sell it. It only takes a couple of minutes, and you'll have peace of mind before you buy . Have that peace of mind knowing the vehicle's complete history.
You’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Confirm the authenticity Of Your Documents

Get your documents verified and avoid embarrassment

Contact us on Whats-app now . 08060365068
cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 10:27am On Mar 02, 2021
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:21am On Mar 02, 2021
Crvrider:

Had similar outing Saturday. Came out pretty late(5:15pm). I got a request from around Diamond estate to 1004; rider is German. Trip ended 4,600 rider gave me 5k.

Another ride request entered immediately: Eko hotel to lekki phase 1. As riders entered they saw a phone, my first rider had forgotten his phone.

Several min later forgotten phone rang:

Caller:"please my friend lost his phone
Me: phone is with me, will bring it later
Caller: okay

Several min past, again forgotten phone rang

Caller: please are you coming?
Me: was on a trip but I am on my way to you
Caller: please don't take any more trip we'll pay you for your time, just start coming

Got to 1004

Rider: how much is your money
Me: just give me anything
Rider: my initial fair is 5k so I'll give you 5k
Me: thank you

Got home, around 12am, my phone rang (same German rider)

Rider: please can you pick someone from marine beach NPA HQ and bring him to 1004
Me: I live far from apapa won't be able to make it
Rider: how much will you take
Me: its late not sure it will be possible. Why not book another ride
Rider: its past 12am the apps ain't working
Me: if you can do 20k I might try
Rider: 20k is too much. How about 10k
Me: sorry sir can't do for 10k but if you're able to pay 15k I'll go
Rider: 15k is still much [hanged up]

Several minutes later my phone rang
Rider: send me your account details I'll send you the 15k

Before long I got an alert for 15k. Funny thing though, I got to pu and called the person I was suppose to pick up but his phone was switched off. Called the German guy to tell him, he said I should give him a min he'll get back to me let him try.

Some mins later German guy called to say he tried calling the person but couldn't reach him. He pleaded with me and told me to go back home that I could use the money for my weekend.

Na so I face house. Got home to 2am. Gave security man 5h and police I met on the way 3h. From just one person I made 25k. And I came out around 5pm.

Night work dey sweet!

My brother na grace. And that is God's original plan for man. Work small earn plenty.

May His grace continuously dwell with us in Jesus name.

Isha Allah!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:22am On Mar 02, 2021
donfortune48:

Wetin again una wan hear?
You people are entrenched in the belief that increasing the AC means more fuel consumption so there's no explanation that will change that belief, I am sure a lot of people here don't know about the fan under the evaporator.
The fan circulates the AC wether hot or cold, so if you increase the AC it's the fan's speed that's increasing.
The AC fan can even work without the engine working, blow breeze as a fan will do but the compressor can't work without the engine working.
That means increasing the fan won't add extra load to the engine, engine speed increases once the compressor picks.
It have nothing to do with the outside fan like someone earlier argued, the outside fan works with the cooling system.

It was meant to blow and trip off from time to time but we always disconnect the thermostat arguing it will make car overheat and allow the fan to work non stop.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:02pm On Mar 02, 2021
Tosinosu2011:
How many cars do you have on your fleet?

How much are you collecting on a weekly rental from your drivers?

How is your maintenance carried out?

These and few other info, one can assist you on having a smooth operation.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carbonated: 2:14pm On Mar 02, 2021
Good afternoon bosses
Please I'm In dire need of a favour, Pls assist one of your brothers who Is working and building towards his future.
I can drive, most especially automatic but I'm not perfect yet. So pls I need someone who Is sometimes less busy on weekend so I can come over and we will move around together. I will be responsible for fueling. I'm a legit and friendly person, I've transacted with some nairalanders on here. I reside around abule-egba. I hope someone will assist me out. My WhatsApp/Call digits Is on my signature. Thank you......
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:27pm On Mar 02, 2021
For those arguing about fuel consumption with AC and increase in fan speed, I hope this helps to put the argument to rest.

Does the increase in fan speed of a car's AC decrease its fuel efficiency? Why or why not?
Geoffrey Lepp
Answered 5 years ago

If you mean to ask if higher fan speed with the AC will reduce your MPG, it certainly will! The AC in your car (aside from electric AC systems found in hybrid and electric cars) works differently from the electric systems in buildings and houses. Automotive AC systems use a compressor driven by the engine through an electromagnetic clutch. This allows the compressor to be disengaged when not in use. When you use the AC, the air is cooled by passing over the evaporator which is cooled by the work done by the compressor. The evaporator gets cooled to about 34°F but not much lower to prevent ice accumulating. When the evaporator reaches that temperature, the compressor is disconnected by the clutch. As air continues to flow over the evaporator, the evaporator takes the heat from the air and its temperature increases. When the evaporator reaches about 42°, the compressor clutch is engaged and the evaporator is cooled back to 34°.

Increasing the airflow over the evaporator causes it cool down more slowly with the compressor engaged and heat up more quickly with the compressor disengaged. This results in the compressor running for more time, which takes more power from the engine and results in fewer MPG than when the airflow over the evaporator is lower.

It takes work to cool air. The work is ultimately done by the engine. More work is required to cool more air. Electric AC systems are governed by the same rules.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3468) (3469) (3470) (3471) (3472) (3473) (3474) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: dahflemzy(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.