Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4722185 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3563) (3564) (3565) (3566) (3567) (3568) (3569) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:34am On Apr 19, 2021
peeps4u:

Whatever the cause of the surge might be, it only means drivers can force UberBolt to restructure if they can really carry out the strike effectively.

Exactly my point ...
Send signals
Uber has closed greenlight hub temporarily to avoid stories that touch.
Not just suffering and smiling

[img]https://media1./images/31864e88aeb89280da11f782b145cc57/tenor.gif?itemid=12829177[/img]

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 10:37am On Apr 19, 2021
BAZ001:

Are you d one ?
After driving down to PU and as soon as I start telling them, they switch off and hope I will cancel. You never see anything

So you think they don’t know there is strike ?
When doctors go on strike you think they attend to emergency ? Or you ve not seen doctors go on strike for weeks ?

Have you read about Rosa Park 1955 and the boycotts. Do you know what the great grand fathers did abroad to move the blacks to where they are today as regard racism
Nigerians are not willing to pay the price at all.
All blacks decided to walk to office and boycott train cos of segregation.
Sure you didn’t join endears

The fight is for drivers and future drivers, some of us will soon stop driving.

You already said you won’t join the strike so go ahead and continue driving while I continue frustrating the drivers online.
No cancellations fees so once you accept my request you must cancel.

cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:42am On Apr 19, 2021
Adeoye2020:
Hello sir, this is bolt driver

Me: Aren’t you aware that you are suppose to be on strike?

Driver: I swear to God I no hear, I’m new to bolt, I no no.

Me: Now go offline, your fellows are out there destroying cars that are online.

Driver: Thank you sir, I wil go offline right away.

Let keep requesting and keep orientating them on why they needs to go offline.

Note: I’m not bolt driver but I support your struggle 100%.

God bless you.
So hard to get Nigerians to agree and United.
Imagine some drivers saying they won’t join.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:52am On Apr 19, 2021
Weightless:

Even a new car will visit a mechanic in it first 6month, you are now talking of tokunbo for ehailing waka please I dont believe, when it is not Tesla the person is using

Don't mind the bros him zobo no sweat at all... Some brand new car used for transportation business will visit mechanic workshop self let alone a 15 to 20years old car with a mileage of less than 100,000.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 10:57am On Apr 19, 2021
Ghost1994:

Bro this is unnecessary lipsrsealed
Majority of drivers dont know theres STRIKE

Shey driver wey him wife/kid or any of his family member dey in critical condition maybe admitted in the hospital will want to join the strike? When he or she need fund to save life

Abi the driver wey 5k remain for his remittance will want to join the strike?

I think you can request and hear from them instead of letting them drive all the way to your location and giving them hope. We're all human being I pray you never encounter any bad condition that will warrant you to work like jaaaki.

Life is hard out there for many people please dont stress any driver instead message them via bolt or uber app.

Thank you

No matter how unanimous some people decisions are, there will always be one black sheep amongst them.
So, those people who have decided to boycott this Ehailing App companies don't have urgent needs? Will the person whose wife or kid in critical condition drive & make 35K before 4pm to settle the bills? Even if they do and the family end up passing away, is that not effort in futility?
When the government locked us indoor & failed to give us palliative for 3months, how many Uber drivers died of hunger ?
Let those who are committed to the course let out their grievances.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:59am On Apr 19, 2021
chillex8:
Flash back to 2017, when a strike like this held.

Romeo the highest earner those days was busy running round lagos with surge requests cheesy
He ended up damaging the Honda car he was driving then grin

Use your head brethren

Please, full gist. Was his car destroyed by aggrieved fellow drivers or what?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Weightless: 11:23am On Apr 19, 2021
Felicity001:

Don't mind the bros him zobo no sweat at all... Some brand new car used for transportation business will visit mechanic workshop self let alone a 15 to 20years old car with a mileage of less than 100,000.

I was shock at what he typed, that he as not visited the mechanic for 6month and him they on ehailin business it is hard to believe

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:35am On Apr 19, 2021
Pearl1910:

If d owner is d one driving, he definitely can recoup his investment in 1year.
If investor is doing HP he can recoup 2.4million in 24months.
I don't get, can't u do HP of 3m in 2yrs?

And Yes, u can actually drive a tokunbo car on ehailing for 6months without doing any repairs or buying tyre. Let's top generalizations for things that are completely subjective and experiential.

If I talk now, someone will say am bragging.

My friend stop all these false information you're dishing out carelessly please.

Bring forward a proof and let's see and don't just talk okay.

Use yourself as a yardstick, you've been in this line of business for 5yrs now right?

How did you start? Rental, hp or with your personal car? Which ever you started with, how much were you able to deliver assuming you used the same car for 24months? If on rental, you didn't change car in 24 months? Was the owner able to get another driver immediately after you dropped the car and remittance continued for him?

If on hp, how much did you collect the car? And how long did it take you before you finished payment? How much down payment did you paid before collecting the car? With the period of the contract you mean to tell us that the car worked even if not everyday in a week but every single week for good 24 months You didn't fall sick, neither did you had any break for 24months.

Okay, car is yours right? You worked 96 straight weeks without any stop gap inbtw.

Ok fine. Lets assume you have a yes answer to all of the above questions, now let's factor in cost of repairs alone since minimum net is slated for 100k monthly assuming on rental or owner's driving at 25k/week. Thank God somebody posted a chat expenses of N42k on one of his cars recently, assume that's the only money you spend maintenance every 2/3months that's a whooping sum of N504,000 on repairs alone at an average of 42k in every 2months. We haven't factor in cost of oil and filter change.

Now minus that value from your annually net of N1.2m then explain this honourable house how you recoup your initial capital in 24months now.

Let's leave the issue of using a car for transportation business for straight 16months without visiting a mechanic workshop for another day.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 11:44am On Apr 19, 2021
Brother/Sisters in the house, pls let's all endeavour to oblige this strike. Its for our own good and the need can not be over emphasised. Personally, I've stopped using bolt since a month now because i can't be doing suffering and smiling. I use only indriver and I've been making reasonable amount in peace as I don't have to pay commission to anybody and have also limited my trips to certain areas hence no serious pressure on my car's suspension. In other news, i took this girl on a trip from agungi to agofure terminal at Ajah and she ran me a fake transfer. All my efforts to make her pay as proved abortive, pls help me visit her.
Doris ibekwe is her name, 08129160884. Her fare was #1300. Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 11:45am On Apr 19, 2021
peeps4u:

Please, full gist. Was his car destroyed by aggrieved fellow drivers or what?
no it wasn't, he wrecked the car by driving into a pool of water all in the name of picking riders.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2021
kanuisagoat:
I have to say I'm impressed with the level of compliance.

Impress bawo?? I tot you are working?
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2021
Anybody that feigns ignorance that he/she is not aware of the strike is not being honest.

I ordered twice now, it was on surge 1.9* grin, in the morning, no party, no festivities, just to lure drivers out, sure I got two drivers who picked...

Even for 1 single day, some drivers still can't forgo that income embarassed..... It's only a unionized effort that can send signals to the app coys.

Everybody needs money, but you have to sacrifice to get some things done. During Corona, Nobody made money on the app for 6 straight weeks, yes it was tough, but here we are, talking about it.

It was the strike action of last year when govt brought those yeye papers that made bolt give a bonus of ₦1,400 weekly for like 10 weeks or so.

Though, it wasn't much effective, but the app coys got the feelers.

You can't tell me I'm self employed, yet you penalize me for refusing to complete trips to dangerous places. You don't profile your riders, any Tom dick n Harry can just pick up a phone n cause mischief to your drivers, No identification of riders. at least a verifiable govt ID.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 11:54am On Apr 19, 2021
emmancecute:
no it wasn't, he wrecked the car by driving into a pool of water all in the name of picking riders.
Man wey sabi.
cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:54am On Apr 19, 2021
BAZ001:

Lori Iro people full here and gullible ones dey believe everything

[img]https://media1./images/fa698b2bd4a29fc91ab76b0feeabc54f/tenor.gif?itemid=16233543[/img]

Baba say him do 6months without any repairs but him come later mention 60k again...

Me ma com dey confuse who dey lie about this (No repairs in 6months) and that (60k) grin

Anyways, I didn't mention anybody moniker o.o.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
geezyk:
Omo! Everywhere red!!! These app companies know how to handle Nigerians, we're too greedy, the sure will make many drivers go to work, and that's where the problem lies. GREEDINESS.

Every where red because many drivers are at home, offline. So d number of riders trying to request has greatly exceeded d available cars on d road

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
northbird:

Yes and no. brotherly. Sometimes the cpys could set it.

Really...App companies can set surge? Nkannn nbe!!!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2021
BAZ001:

I don hold two drivers down now.
I request on surge 1.9x dem dey pickup they wait for me. One of them don call me tire, I say Oga wait I dey come. Next I will tell him your mates dey on strike you greedy man dey online.
One don cancel I don request again he go cancel tire...
let me add my quota to d strike.

Nice strategy... Make me self go dey request them

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 12:09pm On Apr 19, 2021
Felicity001:

My friend stop all these false information you're dishing out carelessly please.

Bring forward a proof and let's see and don't just talk okay.

Use yourself as a yardstick, you've been in this line of business for 5yrs now right?

How did you start? Rental, hp or with your personal car? Which ever you started with, how much were you able to deliver assuming you used the same car for 24months? If on rental, you didn't change car in 24 months? Was the owner able to get another driver immediately after you dropped the car and remittance continued for him?

If on hp, how much did you collect the car? And how long did it take you before you finished payment? How much down payment did you paid before collecting the car? With the period of the contract you mean to tell us that the car worked even if not everyday in a week but every single week for good 24 months You didn't fall sick, neither did you had any break for 24months.

Okay, car is yours right? You worked 96 straight weeks without any stop gap inbtw.

Ok fine. Lets assume you have a yes answer to all of the above questions, now let's factor in cost of repairs alone since minimum net is slated for 100k monthly assuming on rental or owner's driving at 25k/week. Thank God somebody posted a chat expenses of N42k on one of his cars recently, assume that's the only money you spend maintenance every 2/3months that's a whooping sum of N504,000 on repairs alone at an average of 42k in every 2months. We haven't factor in cost of oil and filter change.

Now minus that value from your annually net of N1.2m then explain this honourable house how you recoup your initial capital in 24months now.

Let's leave the issue of using a car for transportation business for straight 16months without visiting a mechanic workshop for another day.

Truth be told, This hustle is a Car wrecker. Doing 6 months without repairs is absolutely preposterous

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2021
northbird:
If you truly doubt the manipulation tricks of the app coys. Today is valid proof. They set the surge to lure drivers out. Abule egba is always dull in the mornings week in week out.

Why dem no put surge for Alaba- Ijaniki area or Akute...
Baba surge is a system design, controlled by an algorithm once the driver/rider threshold is reached, it is activated. Today's surge is no different from Christmas day or New day year day surge when a lot of drivers are chilling with family but there is a lot of movement in town requiring our services

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
Ghost1994:

Bro this is unnecessary lipsrsealed
Majority of drivers dont know theres STRIKE

Shey driver wey him wife/kid or any of his family member dey in critical condition maybe admitted in the hospital will want to join the strike? When he or she need fund to save life

Abi the driver wey 5k remain for his remittance will want to join the strike?

I think you can request and hear from them instead of letting them drive all the way to your location and giving them hope. We're all human being I pray you never encounter any bad condition that will warrant you to work like jaaaki.

Life is hard out there for many people please dont stress any driver instead message them via bolt or uber app.

Thank you

Guy, disappear jor. The news is on all major radio stations... They are even debating on the issue on naija info, traffic radio etc

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
Pearl1910:

Really...App companies can set surge? Nkannn nbe!!!

Are you doubting the assertion?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
BAZ001:

Are you d one ?
After driving down to PU and as soon as I start telling them, they switch off and hope I will cancel. You never see anything

So you think they don’t know there is strike ?
When doctors go on strike you think they attend to emergency ? Or you ve not seen doctors go on strike for weeks ?

Have you read about Rosa Park 1955 and the boycotts. Do you know what the great grand fathers did abroad to move the blacks to where they are today as regard racism
Nigerians are not willing to pay the price at all.
All blacks decided to walk to office and boycott train cos of segregation.
Sure you didn’t join endears

The fight is for drivers and future drivers, some of us will soon stop driving.

You already said you won’t join the strike so go ahead and continue driving while I continue frustrating the drivers online.
No cancellations fees so once you accept my request you must cancel.

And the more d driver cancel, the higher the probability of missing that 11k for the week grin
Greedy fellows, just one day, they can't hold the line

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:24pm On Apr 19, 2021
deedee44:

Well it's the truth, whether you believe it or not. I've only changed condenser once, even filter I washed it instead of changing grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 12:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
Pearl1910:

Why dem no put surge for Alaba- Ijaniki area or Akute...
Baba surge is a system design, controlled by an algorithm once the driver/rider threshold is reached, it is activated. Today's surge is no different from Christmas day or New day year day surge when a lot of drivers are chilling with family but there is a lot of movement in town requiring our services

That's r&d for you. Alaba-ijaniki, akute are low dense points for them, they don't need to set surge in those areas cos it's pointless, grin much revenue ain't coming from there in the first place, they need to encourage more users/riders, so no surge there, just promo rides.

Don't just accept what they tell you,.
You believe the app justs freestyles on its own without controls from a human intelligence, Baba... Think about it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
Adeoye2020:
Hello sir, this is bolt driver

Me: Aren’t you aware that you are suppose to be on strike?

Driver: I swear to God I no hear, I’m new to bolt, I no no.

Me: Now go offline, your fellows are out there destroying cars that are online.

Driver: Thank you sir, I wil go offline right away.

Let keep requesting and keep orientating them on why they needs to go offline.

Note: I’m not bolt driver but I support your struggle 100%.

God bless u...u r more of a comrade than some fellow drivers.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

No matter how unanimous some people decisions are, there will always be one black sheep amongst them.
So, those people who have decided to boycott this Ehailing App companies don't have urgent needs? Will the person whose wife or kid in critical condition drive & make 35K before 4pm to settle the bills? Even if they do and the family end up passing away, is that not effort in futility?
When the government locked us indoor & failed to give us palliative for 3months, how many Uber drivers died of hunger ?
Let those who are committed to the course let out their grievances.

And black Goat grin ...
They have refused to respond if they join d strike or not.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2021
[quote author=dru23 post=100927760][/quote]
Na you sabi
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
Ehailing is not meant for everyone. It is premium for a reason. Abeg shift jàre.
kanuisagoat:

Exactly

Sometimes a trip ends N1500 and the next thing you hear is, sir, I just sent you 1000, ill give you 500 naira cash. The N1000 naira is probably all he has in the account. People are struggling to pay the current fare.

I know because the day my vehicle was not available, I could not justify the price I saw on bolt and ended up using public transport despite having promo of 40% or so.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
Pls I just discovered a crack in my windscreen, a tiny line,anywhere to get it repair. Am around isheri magodo Berger axis. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
Nonsense.
IFEBARBIE:

Your earnings and welfare remain our number one priority, and our commitment to ensure that you continue to earn the best while driving with Bolt remains unchanged.

Recent Pricing and Categories Changes

Following the countrywide increase in Fuel prices in September 2020, Bolt Lagos announced changes in its prices & categories in Lagos to accommodate the new and expected fuel price as well as the resulting increase in operations cost for drivers, to ensure drivers who choose Bolt can continue to receive the best earnings in the city.

The Lite category was replaced with the Bolt category, ensuring that drivers earn 10% more than they did in the Lite category.
The Corporate category was introduced to meet the needs of professional and business passengers who want service quality guarantees at a premium price. This category also ensures that all drivers who maintain an average rating of 4.8 earn 15% more than on the deactivated Lite category, and an additional 5% more than the Bolt Category.

Bolt continues to offer the best earnings in Lagos

Our pricing model remains dynamic and is reviewed based on changes in market forces. Since the September 2020 countrywide increase in fuel price, there have been no new official changes in the pump price of Fuel in Lagos.

With our continued investment to get more riders and dynamic pricing when there is increased demand, there is no better time to take advantage of the increased orders and bonuses to further boost your earnings. These changes and more ensure that top drivers in Lagos earn up to ₦89,000 per week before bonuses!

In addition to ensuring the best earnings in the city while driving with Bolt, you also have access to many benefits and perks

Free ridesharing insurance that protects ALL drivers and passengers, all the time while on a trip with Bolt. More info here.
Monthly Fuel reward cards worth ₦45,000 per card for top drivers. More info here.
Long-distance fares which increase your earnings on longer trips
Free health insurance for top drivers
Weekly bonuses for all drivers.
Paid Wait Stop For Multiple Destination Rides.
24-Hour Support
All these perks affirm our commitment to remain the most profitable and driver-friendly platform for you.

Keep Moving!
#BoltHeroes
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2021
Awon werey.
deedee44:

In a nutshell, they're telling you not to go on strike.
See the cool bonus they want to use to lure everyone out to drive.
Just say 7 trips and 7 hours per day and get 12k. Soft work grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:46pm On Apr 19, 2021
emmancecute:
Truth be told, This hustle is a Car wrecker. Doing 6 months without repairs is absolutely preposterous

Lol... Bros abeg no kill me with laugh inside this strike because owu dey blow man belle already gringringrin

In any case we move... Strike on!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3563) (3564) (3565) (3566) (3567) (3568) (3569) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: YeyeGbami and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.