Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,294 members, 7,780,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:34 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4661358 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3687) (3688) (3689) (3690) (3691) (3692) (3693) ... (5669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frubben(m): 7:35pm On Jun 09, 2021
InfinityEstates:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
You never jam. If you like offer your blood, if them wan nack you 1star dem go still nack you.
if Na by that one our star no go pass 4.99

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2021
InfinityEstates:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
You never jam. If you like offer your blood, if them wan nack you 1star dem go still nack you.
angry. Am a 5star General in this biz, no rider nacks me 1 star. It's a Taboo cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Teeders(m): 7:58pm On Jun 09, 2021
caballerotosyno:
Good evening House. Newbie here.
Please where and how much does it cost to do the following.

LASDRI Card
Lagos State driver badge
LASSRA Card.

Thank you in anticipation
Are these things necessary for one to drive on Bolt? I just did my first inspection on bolt after I was blocked . Now to upload the inspection on my driver portal, I didn’t see any place that indicates inspection report. Please how can I upload my inspection report
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2021
Modified
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
Teeders:

Are these things necessary for one to drive on Bolt? I just did my first inspection on bolt after I was blocked . Now to upload the inspection on my driver portal, I didn’t see any place that indicates inspection report. Please how can I upload my inspection report

Add vehicle.

While filling up your vehicle information, you'll see where to as inspection report toward the end.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 8:12pm On Jun 09, 2021
GeneralZodd:
angry. Am a 5star General in this biz, no rider nacks me 1 star. It's a Taboo cheesy

Well done sir... smiley

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:15pm On Jun 09, 2021
shollywendy1:
Modified

Did you verify this shiit before posting?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:24pm On Jun 09, 2021
donfortune48:

Seems to be a daily activity on that bridge. It's actually getting out of hands.

Witnessed robbery on marina bridge inward apongbon last week. (the area I marked blue) @5:30pm, and About 100metres ahead of me.

They parked their car on the other side of the bridge, crossed over and rubbed people in traffic for about 2mins, Went back to their car and drove off.

Many people abandoned their cars and ran away.

A rider told me they cut his friend face when trying to snatch phone from him on that same bridge. Sanwo is really sleeping

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:34pm On Jun 09, 2021
pope191:

A rider told me they cut his friend face when trying to snatch phone from him on that same bridge. Sanwo is really sleeping

He said people should start rolling up their windows while driving.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2021
peeps4u:

He said people should start rolling up their windows while driving.

And if deh smash d window
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2021
Abeg guys on Uber, is it compulsory to do lasdri and those other docs that are optional before onboarding? All docs approved remaining car inspection
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ameristu: 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2021
gonkin:
I need a used one. Yaris

Same as toyota echo, thank me later. Yaris is not affordable.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 10:55pm On Jun 09, 2021
InfinityEstates:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
should we tell him?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:11pm On Jun 09, 2021
Police don arrest my rider handcuff am
Abeg wetin I go do to trip.
Veterans wey still dey awake.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 11:39pm On Jun 09, 2021
BAZ001:
tell police sey you be uber say the guy never pay you. Them go allow am pay you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:07am On Jun 10, 2021
Wetin your rider do?
BAZ001:
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 12:15am On Jun 10, 2021
emmancecute:
tell police sey you be uber say the guy never pay you. Them go allow am pay you.

I try that d guy wan do transfer with him phone but dem no gree release him phone.
I used that opportunity to go meet d guy inside car where they locked him and handcuffed him with another busty yellow lady.
I asked him to give me a number of someone I can call but d guy no smart at all, he said all numbers are in d phone with them na so police come pursue me to leave the car.
I pity dt guy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:17am On Jun 10, 2021
centuryman:
Thank you sir. But if the trip had proceeded without you asking him to update it, would the fare have been the same or less? Sorry for my wahala.

Yes it would have been the same, to me what I understand about fare algorithm is... Its base on what the GPS input or provides.

Distance covered during the trip and time of completion so irrespective of weather or not trip was update it will still calculate base on the meter(GPS) reading.

I've experience this as well as a rider to, the place my destination was quite different from what was provided on the request of the ride and thwn driver was so slow during the trip so that also added to the time and at the end the trip the fare was far higher than the estimate and when I request a price review I was then reminded of my actual destination.

This is the reason the talk about having a good phone can never be over emphasize for proper fare output
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 12:20am On Jun 10, 2021
davit:
Wetin your rider do?

That he doesn’t have a SIM card in his phone
I tried dragging but they told me to shut up dt, I be Uber driver I should face my job and let them do their job. Before 2secs dem don put d guy inside car. They searched all my car to the extent that they saw two drugs one viagony or something and another one like blue / piriton.
Police shout : See Uber driver see where ur passenger dey hide drugs. I weak cos I never imagined drugs could be there with all dis vacuum cleaning.

At some point I was getting scared let them not go and see drugs forgotten by riders.
So I will be driving and monitoring riders for keeping drugs. God oohhh

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:24am On Jun 10, 2021
IFSHR:

From my observation I would like to add the following.

1. Ensure you drivers app is always up-to-date. Regardless of any stops, it will calculate correctly the actual kilometer covered and time and will give the accurate fare whether you update the route or not. The only implication of not updating the route especially if you are far from the primary destination is that you might not get a request until you end the trip ( The reason is obvious).

*2. When you pick a request on surge and the riders ask to make some zig zag out of the primary destination route. (For example you pick a lekki trip from ojodu-beger and the rider ask u first take him to abule-egba bus stop then from there to lekki, ) if this said trip came through surge I always advice you don't update just continue, because if you update the route in an area with no surge, the surge effect [b]might not apply again, so just continue the journey, and input manually in you gmap for directions.[/b]

3. Always ensure your data connection is above 200mb always. A good phone without adequate data or bad internet connection is bad for business.

4. Ensure in your phone settings, you give the bolt app full permission, ensure under your batter savers settings, bolt is not enlisted.

Ensure you give bolt app permission to allow all notifications, to draw over all apps (this allows the app to work well with gmap or any navigation app you are using).

* Strictly my observation.

I've argued this you point No.2 here sometimes last yr or 2self but some veterans objected to it... Its good we also have a witness in the house as well.

Its alright.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:33am On Jun 10, 2021
Pearl1910:

Yes, number 1 and number 3 points are correct...Bolt App is more stable now than before, all those short-paying and miscalculations have stopped...
ALso they aren't doing upfront pricing again, so u get what happens in reality, not estimates and theory.

BUT I will strictly advise u ask rider to update if u r going off-route, this is to protect urself. Some riders will later complain u took a longer route and that fare was way higher than what they expected, Bolt can hammer u for that, they don't tolerate fraud and dishonesty and u make them lose money because they will be forced to give the Rider a discount. So if u are going from Ojodu to Lekki via Abulegba, or if rider forgot something midway and wants to go back and pick it, let the Rider update his destination by force by fire. Note: Don't be the one doing the update from ur end... That way, a fraudulent rider can't even complain because there is evidence they changed d destination by themselves.

The bolded is not true, surge is applied from where d trip emanated from and continues throughout the life of that trip until u end it, irrespective of where u go or how many times u update it.
Would u say if there was no surge when trip started and trip is updated where there is surge, surge will now apply to d rest of the trip? That's not correct!!!

To add to updating of trip destination wrt to safety... Its also saves thw driver from any issue that may arise as you proceed. Take for an instance, ojodu to lekki via sango... You know some some of these girls are demons they can just raise and alarm that you're trying to kidnap her then ask passers-by to check your phone to see her destination... I'm such a case it's will only take God to deliver sucb a driver from being skinned alive by mob.

May we never be victim.of circumstances

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:35am On Jun 10, 2021
frubben:
My g map keeps losing GPS anytime am on a trip. I do. Try everything humanly possible . Abeg help oooo

Oga go and buy a good phone... Your phone d9n scattergrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:41am On Jun 10, 2021
pope191:

grin is really a terrible situation boss, riders r really enjoying on Indriver

Your guys are the one making them enjoy na...

Make una continue

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 12:54am On Jun 10, 2021
gonkin:
Good evening please other than. Corolla, matrix and big 4 nothing camry. What cars can you recommend for uber
there are three times minimum this year that a list was compiled and posted on this thread

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:48am On Jun 10, 2021
BAZ001:

I tried dragging but they told me to shut up dt, I be Uber driver I should face my job and let them do their job. Before 2secs dem don put d guy inside car. They searched all my car to the extent that they saw two drugs one viagony or something and another one like blue / piriton.
Police shout : See Uber driver see where ur passenger dey hide drugs. I weak cos I never imagined drugs could be there with all dis vacuum cleaning.

At some point I was getting scared let them not go and see drugs forgotten by riders.

Sorry about the ordeal. Same scenario happened to me last year, I shared it here. It was a young lady in this case. Broad day light sef, it was a rude awakening. Never knew girls too popped pills.

Not supporting the guy though, but some riders na suegbe grin..he was with that kind of stuff n was still moving at odd hours, I tot they said drugs make u sharper...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gonkin(m): 3:57am On Jun 10, 2021
radautoworks:
there are three times minimum this year that a list was compiled and posted on this thread

Don't get u sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:37am On Jun 10, 2021
BAZ001:

11.11 pm u r still driving? U and pearls sometimes I wonder if u guys r drivers? but now I know better, nah real follow who know road for this life.

Back to the matter... follow the matter up, once they let them go, u will still b d one to take them home and u know what that means.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:39am On Jun 10, 2021
Felicity001:

Your guys are the one making them enjoy na...

Make una continue

There's nothing one can do, even in the face of all, u can't give a rider more than the option price and at no point will any rider start with 8k bid.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:57am On Jun 10, 2021
BAZ001:

Hehehe...u never chi chomchin...there are certain type of people, immediately they drop, check ur car very well...before u go implicate yourself or another rider.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:17am On Jun 10, 2021
Felicity001:

I've argued this you point No.2 here sometimes last yr or 2self but some veterans objected to it... Its good we also have a witness in the house as well.

Its alright.

Early Last year or last two years, Bolt App was still shaky...what usually happens is if u go off-route the app will not calculate the distance, only the time, Even when destination was changed, that's why u may think ur surge stopped working. Not so, u would have just taken the person free of charge to d off-route destination. This was done to protect riders from drivers who would take long route to earn more money. d advise that time in this scenario was end the trip in Abulegba and request again to Lekki. Because if u start explaining in fare review that rider asked u to go to Abulegba first, na long thing.
That's why BOLT now introduced stops in the App, so rider can see estimated fare for all their stops before requesting but most riders still will not use the new feature.
I repeat, there is/was nothing like surge will cease to apply when u update trip in an area where there is no surge.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:30am On Jun 10, 2021
radautoworks:

I swear, people want fast food, at other peoples expense. If I say read up past 100 pages now, e go b like say person wicked but by all means thats what one must do to get detailed answers that will help him make an informed choice/decision.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:34am On Jun 10, 2021
pope191:

11.11 pm u r still driving? U and pearls sometimes I wonder if u guys r drivers? but now I know better, nah real follow who know road for this life.

Back to the matter... follow the matter up, once they let them go, u will still b d one to take them home and u know what that means.

Person wey Dem don handcuff, they aren't letting that guy go anywhere. He can't give them d amount they will demand from him on the spot.
Lol...what do u know better abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (3687) (3688) (3689) (3690) (3691) (3692) (3693) ... (5669) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: northbird

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.