Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4722270 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3690) (3691) (3692) (3693) (3694) (3695) (3696) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 8:41am On Jun 11, 2021
deedee44:

Even booth I no dey open, I just focus on the mirror to see the things you want to put inside and when trip end I still open booth for you to pack your things. Only on veryyyyy few occasions where rider is old and nice
Same thing I always do, open the booth for you and watch you pack your things inside.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Anyiodogwu: 11:32am On Jun 11, 2021
Anyiodogwu:
Good day house, I am a young man of 29yrs previous driving experience with valid DL. I recently got a car from from brother abroad( 2008 corollar).
Pls I will like to hear from you guys already in ehailing business about major wisdoms and advice about being a driver.

I wanna do bolt in either Enugu or Ph because am familiar with both cities for now.

Bolt or Uber with reasons?
Best car brand?
How to start?
General information for a novice like me?

Pls I would like many replies from experienced guys,
Thanks!
Pls guys can you do justice to this my previous questions. Will be glad to get insights

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SokizzRaven(m): 11:34am On Jun 11, 2021
It’s raining and there is no surge in Lekki phase 1 , I’d rather stay put than drive through those Lekki lagoons for stipends.
Meanwhile make I drop this gist here

Yesterday I started the hustle (I started very late though) with a resolution that no matter how tempting an order to mainland is I wouldn’t take it, in the process and amidst other blacklisted destinations my cancellation rate shoot up to 65%. Then I said to myself I have to stop canceling orders now

Few minutes later a request came in, not far from where I parked. Destination Lekki phase1, pick up Cmart admiralty way.

Just before heading to pick up, I called rider I’m outside already (don’t want her delaying me for long for a ride of #500) she said she’ll join me in a minute. Drove down to pick up, still no sign of rider. 5 minutes later I called again,
Rider: I’m checking out now I’ll be with you shortly (I was already fuming but I been no wan spoil my gentleman, so I kept it cool)

10 minutes later I called again
Rider: I don’t know why this guy is this slow, but I’m next on the queue, will be out soon
5 minutes later still no sign of rider

A thought of zooming off in anger crossed my mind, but then I thought would she really understand the gravity of what she did if I zoomed off? So I made sure my doors was on lock and waited till this daughter of eve came out

Some minutes later, Saw her through my rare mirror checking out my plate for confirmation, then she proceeded to open the back door but oops! It’s locked
Came a little forward to the passenger side window to knock, I looked at her with a smiling face and wind down a bit. These were my exact words to her
‘’Oh! You’re finally out (she said sorry bla bla bla....please your door is locked) you see that wait wey you been no wan wait, you go wait am. You wasted my time but it’s fine (she said but I’ve apologized now) It will just be nice to give you a doze of your own medicine’’
Put my gear in reverse and screed off ( saw her standing with her shopping bags, looking at the car in awe through my side mirror)

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:41am On Jun 11, 2021
seyicodes:
Please what can I do.. I started with 5 star ratings. In just 2;days my rating just dropped to 4.00 wetin I do na.

I have always been respectful to all riders. In fact I dey come down open door for most of them , with all these my rating still drop gbam.

Wonders shall never end, you mean am or U dey whyne us? So u will come down and open door on 500trip or na dem employ you ?

Check your car interior and exterior, is it clean? Your sound system, your AC , do you drive fast or extremely slow? Do u have car freshener , do u dress well and smell nice too.
I know you will be a gentleman and very sweet temper.
What model of car do u drive ?
Even me wey lick riders ass na only to come down help put bag in booth, as ratings keep dropping na so I go open booth put ur bag urself.

[img]https://media1./images/46c075c9408d33d1e7e6387cfc51ff1d/tenor.gif?itemid=14666818[/img]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SokizzRaven(m): 11:41am On Jun 11, 2021
Anyiodogwu:

Pls guys can you do justice to this my previous questions. Will be glad to get insights

I drive the same car model and I drive only on bolt
Wake up early ( honestly I find this difficult to do) but it pays if you can
Since it’s your car, don’t chase weekday bonuses focus more on the weekend’s and weekend rides (this depends on your location though)
Look for an interactive forum for your city of choice, only way you can get first hand info
Best of luck

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:43am On Jun 11, 2021
SokizzRaven:
It’s raining and there is no surge in Lekki phase 1 , I’d rather stay put than drive through those Lekki lagoons for stipends.

Yesterday I started the hustle (I started very late though) with a resolution that no matter how tempting an order to mainland is I wouldn’t take it, in the process and amidst other blacklisted destinations my cancellation rate shoot up to 65%. Then I said to myself I have to stop canceling orders now

Few minutes later a request came in, not far from where I parked. Destination Lekki phase1, pick up Cmart admiralty way.

Just before heading to pick up, I called rider I’m outside already (don’t want her delaying me for long for a ride of #500) she said she’ll join me in a minute. Drove down to pick up, still no sign of rider. 5 minutes later I called again,
Rider: I’m checking out now I’ll be with you shortly (I was already fuming but I been no wan spoil my gentleman, so I kept it cool)

Rider: I don’t know why this guy is this slow, but I’m next on the queue, will be out soon

A thought of zooming off in anger crossed my mind, but then I thought would she really understand the gravity of what she did if I zoomed off? So I made sure my doors was on lock and waited till this daughter of eve came out

Some minutes later, Saw her through my rare mirror checking out my plate for confirmation, then she proceeded to open the back door but oops! It’s locked
Came a little forward to the passenger side window to knock, I looked at her with a smiling face and wind down a bit. These were my exact words to her
‘’Oh! You’re finally out (she said sorry bla bla bla....please your door is locked) you see that wait wey you been no wan wait, you go wait am. You wasted my time but it’s fine (she said but I’ve apologized now) It will just be nice to give you a doze of your own medicine’’
Put my gear in reverse and screed off ( saw her standing with her shopping bags, looking at the car in awe through my side mirror)
From the way you narrated the story,
1. She was also delayed, probably network ish as she was trying to pay or something
2. She apologized

My opinion.. You should have picked her, it's those ones that always feel like it's their right to keep you waiting that deserve this kind of treatment.

Peace cool

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:45am On Jun 11, 2021
SokizzRaven:

Hey felicity001 spirit don dey enter people for here.
But who later canceled you or her?

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:49am On Jun 11, 2021
deedee44:

1. She was also delayed, probably network ish as she was trying to pay or something
2. She apologized

My opinion.. You should have picked her, it's those ones that always feel like it's their right to keep you waiting that deserve this kind of treatment.

Peace cool

And some will tip you for waiting.
As I dey here inside rain.
I’m waiting for a girl on 1.7 surge , it’s 15minutes paid waiting already.
I just assume if there is no request I will be waiting too.
But now I’m waiting make rain stop and also for rider cos I don’t want to go to an unknown road inside this rain or traffic.
So instead of going offline I will wait and be forming u kept me waiting.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2021
SokizzRaven:

You just described me. Sometimes I will just drive like 200m away without cancelling. When you come out and ask where I am, I will tell you I'm the car behind. I'll keep you dumbfounded till you finally get the signal. In as much as I don't like keeping my riders waiting, you too shouldn't keep me waiting. Request only when you're ready but they won't hear. Most foreigners are the one waiting for you, they track you on the app and make the job easier. Those umutete girls are even worse, they will request for ride on their to the bathroom and expect you to wait while they're dressing up. Next thing dey jump into the car and all they'll say his oga! Increase your Ac. Nonsense!

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2021
SokizzRaven:

Bravo...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2021
SokizzRaven:

If you had gone on the trip, she'll just tip you #200 and be feeling like a goddess.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2021
deedee44:

2. She apologized

Peace cool

No Sir, u only request when u r ready to leave...obviously she was still like number 4 or 5 on the queue when she requested...she was next on the queue after driver had waited for more than 10minutes. Common...that's not fair... especially for a N500 trip that waiting time will probably not impact the fare.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SokizzRaven(m): 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2021
deedee44:

2. She apologized

Peace cool

For a moment in between, I actually thought of picking her but I was really mad, mad at the fact that she wasn’t ready and yet she placed an order. More so, If I had picked her it would have ended in bad rating cause I know how crazy I can get with words at times

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2021
emmancecute:
You just described me. Sometimes I will just drive like 200m away without cancelling. When you come out and ask where I am, I will tell you I'm the car behind. I'll keep you dumbfounded till you finally get the signal. In as much as I don't like keeping my riders waiting, you too shouldn't keep me waiting. Request only when you're ready but they won't hear. Most foreigners are the one waiting for you, they track you on the app and make the job easier. Those umutete girls are even worse, they will request for ride on their to the bathroom and expect you to wait while they're dressing up. Next thing dey jump into the car and all they'll say his oga! Increase your Ac. Nonsense!

Wetin emmancecute no go see for olosho hand cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SokizzRaven(m): 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2021
BAZ001:

Hey felicity001 spirit don dey enter people for here.
But who later canceled you or her?
I did o, one of the most satisfying cancels I’ve ever had

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SokizzRaven(m): 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2021
donfortune48:

If you had gone on the trip, she'll just tip you #200 and be feeling like a goddess.

Swears! Baba you too sabi these people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SokizzRaven(m): 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
emmancecute:
Baba I love picking up white guys like
You will get a good conversation
A good tip
And a very easy pick up process
No stress at all
And most of them are worth millions

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SokizzRaven(m): 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
Pearl1910:

Bravo...

Thanks baba
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 2:13pm On Jun 11, 2021
Pearl1910:

No Sir, u only request when u r ready to leave ...obviously she was still like number 4 or 5 on the queue when she requested...she was next on the queue after driver had waited for more than 10minutes. Common...that's not fair... especially for a N500 trip that waiting time will probably not impact the fare.
Sure that's the ideal thing to do, and most times these riders calculate when they will be ready and calculate the time it will take driver to arrive so they do their plus and minus, this particular case looks like a calculation gone wrong. More emphasis on her conduct, she apologized which means she knew she was wrong, what else would you have her do?

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2021
SokizzRaven:

For a moment in between, I actually thought of picking her but I was really mad, mad at the fact that she wasn’t ready and yet she placed an order. More so, If I had picked her it would have ended in bad rating cause I know how crazy I can get with words at times
Good you did what you felt was best to avoid this then
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 2:24pm On Jun 11, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Wetin emmancecute no go see for olosho hand cheesy
see me, see wahala my brother.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2021
I could have said you did wrong because the lady apologised but on the second thought while reading this, I think riders should only request when they are ready. I'm sure if riders were charged (though impossible) for the the same km and minutes they would hava got charged on a 5min trip, they wouldn't keep drivers waiting for 5 mins.

SokizzRaven:

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pacificguyonlin: 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2021
SokizzRaven:

I drive the same car model and I drive only on bolt
Wake up early ( honestly I find this difficult to do) but it pays if you can
Since it’s your car, don’t chase weekday bonuses focus more on the weekend’s and weekend rides (this depends on your location though)
Look for an interactive forum for your city of choice, only way you can get first hand info
Best of luck
pls I can't find any portharcourt interactive forum hia,can you link me to any
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2021
Drivers on Indriver what happen? We go deh beg una to pick trip again... Abi finger don deh pain una? Fastest finger don turn slowest finge grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
SokizzRaven:

I did o, one of the most satisfying cancels I’ve ever had

The closest i ve done was to drive off slowly while rider was busy carrying bill electric board.

I got to pick and rider tap booth, so I opened from inside d car and was waiting next thing I heard someone saying e no go enter booth now. My eyes and brain just woke up to see what it is. Fortunately d second guy help to close the booth while they went to bring the bill board. immediately I saw the size I didn’t bother to say anything, I was just driving away gently shaking my head no no.
D guy open mouth dey look me

No be me, make newbies go ahead

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:20pm On Jun 11, 2021
deedee44:

Sure that's the ideal thing to do, and most times these riders calculate when they will be ready and calculate the time it will take driver to arrive so they do their plus and minus, this particular case looks like a calculation gone wrong. More emphasis on her conduct, she apologized which means she knew she was wrong, what else would you have her do?

Request only when u r ready, it's as simple as that, cos u never know, I might just be outside ur plaza. U keep me waiting, and u r stalling my income. That's not fair. Ontop N500 trip.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2021
Pearl1910:

Request only when u r ready, it's as simple as that, cos u never know, I might just be outside ur plaza. U keep me waiting, and u r stalling my income. That's not fair. Ontop N500 trip.

I don’t get mad for keeping me waiting for 10mins but, (na Nigeria we dey ) the part that drives me crazy is when they finally get inside the car and say Oga drive fast I’m in a hurry.
Dt thing dey scatter my brain

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2021
BAZ001:

I don’t get mad for keeping me waiting for 10mins but, (na Nigeria we dey ) the part that drives me crazy is when they finally get inside the car and say Oga drive fast I’m in a hurry.
Dt thing dey scatter my brain

It's inevitable...80% of riders that keep u waiting are going to be in a hurry. That's d reason they requested ahead of time, so u will be there as soon as they are ready. I don't have a problem with that but as for me, the 5mins grace is enough, deduct the time u used in driving to PU, anybody who isn't going to be ready to step out in 10mins shouldn't request for a ride. The annoying part is when it is a short trip.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2021
pope191:
Drivers on Indriver what happen? We go deh beg una to pick trip again... Abi finger don deh pain una? Fastest finger don turn slowest finge grin
na so I request ride today ino see driver grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2021
pope191:
The roads in lasgidi are red brother. There is no loyalty in the business, you switch to wherever the chedazz is at the moment. wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SenseBoy(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2021
Mekoss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:43pm On Jun 11, 2021
chucsmoore:
The roads in lasgidi are red brother. There is no loyalty in the business, you switch to wherever the chedazz is at the moment. wink

Hehehehehehe...Indriver Ambassador don port grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3690) (3691) (3692) (3693) (3694) (3695) (3696) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.