Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3696) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4725047 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3693) (3694) (3695) (3696) (3697) (3698) (3699) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:15am On Jun 12, 2021
SokizzRaven:

Bro, you can state your contrast to my method without throwing insults you know. I don’t think I’ve ever weighed in on any of your matter with insults. I’ll just let this slide cause I used to respect you but with this, you just F up! Big time

Co begging mbok
Feli didn’t mean it dt way ...
just dt his fingers are too fast. No vex

[img]https://media1./images/1e43a92943b7e4cafcae64f0b2893cff/tenor.gif?itemid=11506810[/img]

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:15am On Jun 12, 2021
tojahh:

Na that small thing dey make you vex?

I deh quick vex o grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 10:17am On Jun 12, 2021
BAZ001:

My God which soap I go take baff to get dis kind rider.
Picked one celebrity and PA on Thursday (5min drive) only to end trip 1k and PA drop 1k cash d celeb asked how much? I quickly said 1k , looking back and was about to give me 1k too, I just comot face and hand.

But wait, People no gree comot today or they are still watching ?
Those celebrities greedy gan, na make God allow us meet better person.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 10:23am On Jun 12, 2021
pope191:

I no ur type, inside this heavy traffic and that one say he plan to get to destination
lol, no traffic on my route ooo,was going from Allen to airport road..funny thing app recommended 950 and I even put 1200 cos it was raining that morning and bolt was putting me on 1.9 surge grin grin at last na bolt I still use
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 12, 2021
BAZ001:

Road free like locked down, but people don dey come out small small...
police doing stop and search and in strategic locations.
Riders dey fear to come out.
The girl I took to intl airport said her flight is evening but she doesn’t want to take chances and no family member can see her off cos of fear.

Who else has noticed that this man is now more hardworking. This is what posting screenshot of earnings does. It encourages lazy drivers

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 10:36am On Jun 12, 2021
radautoworks:
davit, let me tell you why some people order ahead. Sometimes it can take up to 20-30 minutes for a driver to arrive and you have no idea before you book what it will be.

E.g. in the US it usually takes 2-7 minutes to get a ride so I usually book about 5 minutes before I think I'll be ready. When I went to Italy, I did the same and had to wait almost 40 minutes past midnight for a ride!! From then, the whole trip I would order 15-30 minutes before I was ready. I suspect that is what is happening. Some people (especially ladies) are anticipating waiting a long time in an undesirable place and taking measures to avoid that.
What is he/she doing in an undesirable place in the first place? This thing is not rocket science, whenever a rider request a trio and a driver accept, you as a rider will see the location of driver on your app too. You can track your driver, to know the time he will get to ur pickup. The app offers you a waiting time of 5mins, I can give you additional 5mins, but anything after this gets on my nerve.

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:00am On Jun 12, 2021
deedee44:

Exactly the same thing I said but you disagreed. I said from the guy's narration, the lady too was waiting on the queue, she must have calculated how long it would take her to be thru with payment so she ordered her ride ahead but unfortunately the cashier was slower than she calculated. I don't support the act of riders keeping drivers waiting unnecessarily, I've also cancelled several times. but there are always exceptions in everything.
To add to this, I've done something similar to a lady before, she put a wrong number but the same street and instead of her to apologize she was just shouting keep driving up why are you so slow, it got to a point I had to shout back at her. I later saw her by the road side and drove pass her slowly, she was still waving me down, I was like is this one mad? After all the altercations you still want me to embark on the trip so you can destroy my rating grin

Baba...if it's in ur control, u know u will finish in d said time...not when it's not in ur control, like waiting in line to be attended to. She knows she will definitely not be ready before the driver arrives.
Secondly, I am being sarcstic about 30mins...which driver will drive 30minutes journey to pick up lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:23am On Jun 12, 2021
geezyk:
na so I carry one popular yoruba actor, I end trip at the destination 1500 only for him to tell me we at wrong street.i had to drive a bit further to drop him off na so he count ( 3 ) 500 naira notes give me 1500 exact fare grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:24am On Jun 12, 2021
rationalmind:

Who else has noticed that this man is now more hardworking. This is what posting screenshot of earnings does. It encourages lazy drivers
so some drivers are working laidis tongue
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lagusboyyy(m): 11:32am On Jun 12, 2021
BAZ001:

My God which soap I go take baff to get dis kind rider.
Picked one celebrity and PA on Thursday (5min drive) only to end trip 1k and PA drop 1k cash d celeb asked how much? I quickly said 1k , looking back and was about to give me 1k too, I just comot face and hand.

But wait, People no gree comot today or they are still watching ?
Wealthy folks and celebrities have the highest percentage of stingy and greedy people you can meet in a geographical location.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SokizzRaven(m): 11:34am On Jun 12, 2021
pope191:

Please temper Justina wit Messi, in this city one can't really tell where d morning weed will hit. It's still our 01 and only Feli Feli in this e hailing city.
A whole pope! With much respect, I rest my case sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SokizzRaven(m): 11:48am On Jun 12, 2021
Pearl1910 and deedee44, very few people on this thread understands how to express their thoughts and opinions the way you guys have been deliberating on this, much respect to you both

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2021
geezyk:

I don't really know who a Nigerian celebrity is or what they look like. You leave my car as you entered and pay me the actual fare.

When I'm out on Uber, is to get paid, I don't look at faces or recognize anyone. Except on rare occasions that I get talking with someone and just become friends. Aside that, pay me my money and leave my car. I wouldn't care one bit who you are.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
Pearl1910:

No Sir, u only request when u r ready to leave...obviously she was still like number 4 or 5 on the queue when she requested...she was next on the queue after driver had waited for more than 10minutes. Common...that's not fair... especially for a N500 trip that waiting time will probably not impact the fare.

Yes You're right but once a rider apologises brother sima down nothing dey rhis life...

Ok let me share an experience of what happened yesternight...

See pics within

Gist to load later...

Catalyst matter... With some soldiers guys, a@/VI and lekki...

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kingfragz: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Wealthy folks and celebrities have the highest percentage of stingy and greedy people you can meet in a geographical location.
Speaking of stingy ,I carried a phonetics speaking just came back from abroad man from bode Thomas to ikoyi.....ended the trip,it showed 2800,omo baba couldn't let the #200 go ooo.....the had to transfer when I told him I honestly didn't have change......I shock

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lagusboyyy(m): 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
Kingfragz:
Speaking of stingy ,I carried a phonetics speaking just came back from abroad man from bode Thomas to ikoyi.....ended the trip,it showed 2800,omo baba couldn't let the #200 go ooo.....the had to transfer when I told him I honestly didn't have change......I shock
Its a common issue bro,most priviledged people are greedy.

On the lighter mode: Bros! Forget phonetics o,you better pass most janded people.

Most are just living from hand to mouth,doing odd and weird jobs.
You now expect him to just be dropping money laidat Lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
eyinola:
bro hope police no stress u with this new tinted palava
No stress from police, All Papers are intact. Na some riders dey fear to enter they assume am a kidnapper grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2021
grin
chucsmoore:
No stress from police, All Papers are intact. Na some riders dey fear to enter they assume am a kidnapper grin
grin grin grin am abt to tint mine, got my papers before the suspension but I never tint

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2021
pope191:

Chucsmoore why did you forsake us? finally I need to go activate my uber and bolt account
U need those 2 apps at this critical time, the kind traffic wey dey happen nowadays couple with the rain can wreck someone income on Indriver. The good thing is that you gat options when you operate on the 3 platforms.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
Felicity001:

No oooh me i no support this kind attitude provided the person has apologise c'mon let it go.

To me that was a performance of foolishness and senselessness never to be encouraged

You may disagree with his action but doesn't warrant this name calling.
At that point, it is at driver's discretion to either wait or leave. You can't abuse a driver who decides to decline a trip after more than 5min waiting, even if the rider eventually appears or not. I'm sure bolt can't even penalize a driver for that.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Paparaxo(m): 3:14pm On Jun 12, 2021
Felicity001:

No oooh me i no support this kind attitude provided the person has apologise c'mon let it go.

To me that was a performance of foolishness and senselessness never to be encouraged

Much respect I've got for you man, based on your experience in the hustle. But this is just so fvcked up coming from you undecided

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2021
emmancecute:
What is he/she doing in an undesirable place in the first place? This thing is not rocket science, whenever a rider request a trio and a driver accept, you as a rider will see the location of driver on your app too. You can track your driver, to know the time he will get to ur pickup. The app offers you a waiting time of 5mins, I can give you additional 5mins, but anything after this gets on my nerve.

1) sometimes you gave to go places you don't want for work, etc. Mainland for me is an undesirable place grin

2) i can't see pick up times until AFTER a driver is selected that's the problem

Below is what I see when I want to book. But after it actually selects a driver, it can change to 10 minutes or a lot more. That's what happened in Italy.

Don't get me wrong, riders do abuse wait times but if one apologizes then it obviously wasn't intentional.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
pope191:

Bros don't get too high on your supply, no b today, that trip I took and the fear is ohk. If you don't know how indriver work, you don't have to over flog this case. On bolt or uber surulere from berger is always 1700 to 2k without surge, but on indrive u will get 2600 to 2800 everyday. On bolt or uber, surulere to vi can go as 1k to 1.3k, but on indriver u can still push for 1.8k to 2k. I'm talking of days free from traffic, so enjoy both the pros and cons, the basic thing is meeting your weekly target with less stress.

Oga no vex, enjoy ur Indriver
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2021
rationalmind:

I second this observation grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2021
lagusboyyy:
it's not greed. They understand the value of money and that every naira counts. Go read about Warren Buffett

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Its a common issue bro,most priviledged people are greedy.

On the lighter mode: Bros! Forget phonetics o,you better pass most janded people.

Most are just living from hand to mouth,doing odd and weird jobs.
You now expect him to just be dropping money laidat Lol

this is unfair and untrue. They are just better money managers and future planners. The ones that dey here, dash there, dash everywhere, the money will finish because it will never be enough. Look at TLC, look at MC hammer, look at Tyson. And once e finish will the people you dash cut you any slack or favors?

My father taught me mind the Kobo and the naira will mind themselves. If he gives you N1,000 to buy N700 naira he wants his change complete. Now it is up to him after, if you bring it without him asking for it, he may or may not dash you even a thousand naira self. But you don't just assume my money is your money because you think I have a lot of it.

Before you judge, try seeing it from the point of view of the other side.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
chucsmoore:
U need those 2 apps at this critical time, the kind traffic wey dey happen nowadays couple with the rain can wreck someone income on Indriver. The good thing is that you gat options when you operate on the 3 platforms.

I'm going to work on this. Who's driving? Any hope out there?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2021
Pearl1910:

Oga no vex, enjoy ur Indriver

U don vex grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lagusboyyy(m): 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
radautoworks:

this is unfair and untrue. They are just better money managers and future planners. The ones that dey here, dash there, dash everywhere, the money will finish because it will never be enough. Look at TLC, look at MC hammer, look at Tyson. And once e finish will the people you dash cut you any slack or favors?

My father taught me mind the Kobo and the naira will mind themselves. If he gives you N1,000 to buy N700 naira he wants his change complete. Now it is up to him after, if you bring it without him asking for it, he may or may not dash you even a thousand naira self. But you don't just assume my money is your money because you think I have a lot of it.

Before you judge, try seeing it from the point of view of the other side.
Though i agree with you partially.

Check it out, most former wealthy people that later got broke, were because of frivolous and outrageous spendings.

Not because of helping people or giving out money to the needy and helpless in the society.

You have mixed up the point I'm trying to reach.

Aside Micheal Jackson (even though he helps people genuinely, he still spends on frivolities) others don't help anyone, during his hay days, which charity organizations did Mike Tyson spend on? He rather buys expensive cars, mansions and marry models.

Bill gate is donating billions upon billions of $ollars, yet he is not broke, shows he was prudent.

You can be generous to people and not go broke, yet you might be stingy with your money and still go broke.

It depends on what you use the money on.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:12pm On Jun 12, 2021
lagusboyyy:

You can never tell what a presumed wealthy man face, until u walk a day in their shoes. I have a man around me that we talk time to time. He will just shake is head and I'll b like sir what's the matter? The text I just receive wants money, I have like 4 already. At the end of the day, he will ask me, do u want anything grin me with straight face, Oga! I won't like to add to ur problem. He told me coming home is practically coming to solve people problems, there is no place he go, they expect money and this stuff is tiring, most time I have to b the one to do stuffs for him, else he will b spending more. I hate when folks hide their whatsapp status, but nah too much beggy beggy deh cos em.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Excel70: 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Those celebrities are not as rich as you think. You will be surprised to know you are better off than some of them

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3693) (3694) (3695) (3696) (3697) (3698) (3699) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.