Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3852) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4725244 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3849) (3850) (3851) (3852) (3853) (3854) (3855) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HORLADY(m): 10:54am On Jul 20, 2021
I am planning to buy a car for this e-hailing biz next month. I need sincere advise and mentorship. Is it worth it in Lagos. Pls help a member in dire need of survival.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:57am On Jul 20, 2021
Mukah1234:

Good morning team,

I really appreciate your piece of advise as regards this. It helped!

So I finally got a few months used naija used Corolla 04.

Just as advised, I contacted Blackbishop to assist check the cars I already chose. The truth is base on my experience with Blackbishop, he is a professional I would always recommend to anyone for auto issues and resolution enquiries. Baba’s customer service is great too.

After all inspection he recommended this Corolla. Car isn’t all perfect but it requires just minor repairs.

Thank you all.

That’s the real truth
I don’t believe whatever someone else have said about Blackbishop whether home or abroad grin

[img]https://media1./images/e6dfa2caef2e307a774e7c63aa791e45/tenor.gif?itemid=20787248[/img]

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:01am On Jul 20, 2021
XGhost:

It affecting ratings and being smaller is another myth.

Height from the ground up and length from booth to bonnet is small. Not a myth
03-05 Civic is comparable to 02 Corolla or 05 Elantra, 03 Cerato, 03 Nissan Sunny etc
It's a mini sedan.

Effect on rating is a fact if u used the car 3yrs ago. Don't know about now.

3-4yrs ago if u arrive with any car other than a Corolla or Camry rider will squeeze face...in fact Some cancel the request Immediately they see on the App that it's not a Corolla or Camry.
So forgive me if I have a bias for the 05Civic. But I saw what you did with yours and I am having a change of mind.
Moreover nawadays all manner of cars are in the platform. I have seen people using Nissan Tida and Versa. So why not civic

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 11:17am On Jul 20, 2021
Pearl1910:

Height from the ground up and length from booth to bonnet is small. Not a myth
03-05 Civic is comparable to 02 Corolla or 05 Elantra, 03 Cerato, 03 Nissan Sunny etc
It's a mini sedan.

Effect on rating is a fact if u used the car 3yrs ago. Don't know about now.

3-4yrs ago if u arrive with any car other than a Corolla or Camry rider will squeeze face...in fact Some cancel the request Immediately they see on the App that it's not a Corolla or Camry.

Don't know about all that 3-4 years ago. We're talking about the present state of things to inform a decision going forward.
For what the car is needed, interior room is most important and it trump's the corolla.
Ride height was also better than the Corolla in MY EXPERIENCE

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 11:24am On Jul 20, 2021
I have rejected 2 abulegba trips today.. Oluwa, which kind thing be this
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 11:29am On Jul 20, 2021
MrCarter577:
I have rejected 2 abulegba trips today.. Oluwa, which kind thing be this
abule egba from where?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:49am On Jul 20, 2021
XGhost:

Don't know about all that 3-4 years ago. We're talking about the present state of things to inform a decision going forward.
For what the car is needed, interior room is most important and it trump's the corolla.
Ride height was also better than the Corolla in MY EXPERIENCE

I just added 3-4yrs to show what influenced my own disposition to the car.
I think the look of a car from outside is more important from a riders perspective, first impressions, before they even enter. Interior room, not necessary, we aren't going to Kano. Max passenger is 4 and every midsize sedan can carry 4 passengers.
Rating will be poor if the Rider is not pleased with the look of the car not whether the car is spacious or not.

Don't let us go into an argument comparing Civic and Corolla and get back to the important topic. I have said that different kinds of cars are being used now and riders are more flexible in car selection so I will recommend a Civic 03-05 if it will be pimped up. That's my advise.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:50am On Jul 20, 2021
SHOOPSYN:
Dru welldone.. grin. your strategy eventually worked out. Lure drivers with 2k challenge to upload dashboards(dashboards that doesn't mostly translate to money in your account) and now, onwers are bent on increasing rent or 40k/60k. But the truth is, except you decide to drive your car, drivers will always have larger share because they really deserve it. Please where is @BAZO? your silence in all these is begining to be suspicious. grin. My Boss @izzou, I hail sir.

Bazoo dey Sahara dey dry him car

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2021
Una welldone oh!

I'm still observing from here.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
IFSHR:

Bro permit me to say your line of argument is laughable...

In all my explanation, I never opposed landlord or car owner asking for more, all I said is that it should be well documented and agreed by both parties .

Tax is affixed and that explains why different workers pay differently according to what they earn,

10 of 100,000 is 10,000

10 of 80000 is 8000

Tax percentage is affixed, regardless of what your earn .... Rent fee is affixed (depending on the contact signed), regardless of what the car renter earns.

Any question?

There's nothing to laugh about except you're laughing at your image in the mirror. I ain't talking about the percentage, I am talking about the fact that you pay more because you earn more.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
emmancecute:
abule egba from where?

From EbuteMetta
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omoba2012(m): 3:00pm On Jul 20, 2021
Pls oo ...brothers in d house someone wants to book me for a week , how much do think i should charge on a daily?and in within lagos but full day please advise....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:24pm On Jul 20, 2021
omoba2012:
Pls oo ...brothers in d house someone wants to book me for a week , how much do think i should charge on a daily?and in within lagos but full day please advise....

Depends on how much u make a day, riders purse and Ur negotiating power.

25k a day is fine. At least he will not be moving around throughout the day. So less than 5k fuel.
But if rider is doing delivery job from point to point then 30k. Last
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
BAZ001:

That’s the real truth
I don’t believe whatever someone else have said about Blackbishop whether home or abroad grin

[img]https://media1./images/e6dfa2caef2e307a774e7c63aa791e45/tenor.gif?itemid=20787248[/img]

I see wat u doing bro keep it up cool

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2021
For processing of your new vehicle registration (Lagos number plate), change of ownership, renewal of vehicle particulars such as vehicle licence, hackney permit, third-party and comprehensive insurance, roadworthiness certificate, heavy duty permit, driver's licence processing and renewal, please call: 08033539981 or 08182880902.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2021
Crvrider:

There's nothing to laugh about except you're laughing at your image in the mirror. I ain't talking about the percentage, I am talking about the fact that you pay more because you earn more.

I recommend intro to economics for u....as well as common sense.

If you pay more tax because you earn more it's simply because a controlled percentage was set.....at current Paye tends around 7.5%

Meaning you will pay 7.5% of what ever you earn.

If you want to apply that logic towards ehailing...then tell your co-wailers to ask for rental percentage instead of stating a fee..

At least you can say driver that rent my car will remit 80% of his earning to you.....shikena. but once you signed a stated fee ...if the driver like make 1million In a week oga wailer na your 30k you go collect....no b me dey do you na wetin you sign dey do u, so cry not unto me

At this junction Getat

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AmeLonRo(m): 5:28pm On Jul 20, 2021
BAZ001:

That’s the real truth

I won't advise anyone to buy used cars again oooo. Wait and go for Toks. I bought a naija used car and I kept repairing this and that. I changed almost everything. I finally sold the car and have peace now ebmven without a cat at the moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7QFNQGKbe4

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2021
hopefullight:

To your quesrion, yes I can drive and I am also a Stakeholder in the industry.

If you cannot drive it for 40k others will do it.

Its dru that spoil people like u...25k weekly for a 2.5m car.

@dru23: how many years does it take you to break-even on a car with 25k?

Bros with all due respect nobody spoilt me and nobody can spoil in my age right now s9 don't say what you don't know.

I state my rules if you're not okay with it look else where.

And pls when you see that ignoranto that will rent at 40k/wk from you pls let this honourable house know I'll be glad to rent to him at 35k.

grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
Pearl1910:

Depends on how much u make a day, riders purse and Ur negotiating power.

25k a day is fine. At least he will not be moving around throughout the day. So less than 5k fuel.
But if rider is doing delivery job from point to point then 30k. Last

LOL....25K a day, less 5k (i doubt you will use 5k fuel going anywhere in this lagos in a day)! I will just assume 5k...so 20k a day it is.

for 7 days he get 140k abi, then the man that put down 2.5 mil get a whole 25k..What a fair bargain..

So out of every 20k, partner is getting just about 3,500 naira. Did you see the mentality that some of your colleagues are dishing out there?.

Did you see why PDP/APC is treating all of us this way? Did you notice the resemblance between PDP/APC and you guys here?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
Advision:
From a driver perspective. There was barely a weekend I didnt gross 40 - 50k (net at least 25k) even during the driest period. On public holidays/festivals, I can do 50k in 1 day if I drive morning and evenings.

Mind you these figures where made morning and evenings only because I typically hate afternoon traffic and selcting only trips to areas I consider to have good roads.

Morning rush (excluding bonus) 5am - 12noon, a driver can consistently make 8k net (Monday - Wednesday), slightly lower on Thursday and Fridays at atleast 4k net.

Nb- I did not factor afternoon and evening weekdays because I almost never did drive by then. But even fron the drivers app, with the surge that comes up at peak afternoon and late in the evening, will the driver not make something?

No serious driver should make less tha 60k net a week execpt under extraordinary circumstances. And if you make 60k and owner of the car collects 40k (2/3), it is not too much given that he owns the car, carries the risk of business failure and bares maintenance

Just imagine the greed in your last paragraph as bolded. So if a driver makes a net of 60k after all expenses so he deserves just 20k alone for driving minimum of 9hrs daily while owner that invested 1.5m then and 2.5m now should take 40k ba! because he bares all of the risk? Can you see how selfish your submission is?

No look at it this way, lasma arrested me i paid 12k, vio I paid 10-15k, police, 2-5k, other like airport 2-3k.

Two nights ago I paid 1.5k, yesterday i paid 2k all to police...in a week no ye ooh... All the time I drove for partners (I've 3 partners here on thos forum) never a time I called any of them to come to my rescue apart from once to my former partner... Some of the times it was 10k, 5k, accident 10k, 5k and so on and so forth. And you're saying I should still give you 40k out of 60k net i made in the week... What can be more wicked than that? When at the end of the yr the car still belongs to you...

Oga if the kitchen is too hot for you pls leave... The business was not design for rental in the first place but due to economic crisis and challenges it's why we Nigerians now commercialized it to job like... So if you have a car abeg go with the hp terms otherwise look for something else to do or better still drive all your car yourself. You can register all in your profile and alternate them all different days in a week. Simple!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2021
to all my muslim brother that refused to invite me to come eat meat just know that Allah is watching you.

But I forgive you all because some other brothers did.

Eid Mubarak to all the Muslim faithful here.

May Allah bless us all in jesus name!!

Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2021
Felicity0001:
to all my muslim brother that refused to invite me to come eat meat just know that Allah is watching you.

But I forgive you all because some other brothers did.

Eid Mubarak to all the Muslim faithful here.

May Allah bless us all in jesus name!!

Amen!!!

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gwinn: 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
Nice
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:46pm On Jul 20, 2021
dapotemi:

LOL....25K a day, less 5k (i doubt you will use 5k fuel going anywhere in this lagos in a day)! I will just assume 5k...so 20k a day it is.

for 7 days he get 140k abi, then the man that put down 2.5 mil get a whole 25k..What a fair bargain..

So out of every 20k, partner is getting just about 3,500 naira. Did you see the mentality that some of your colleagues are dishing out there?.

Did you see why PDP/APC is treating all of us this way? Did you notice the resemblance between PDP/APC and you guys here?

What is ur point Sir?

He should collect less considering his rental?
Or
He should tell partner that this week he has hammer so he will pay 100k in rent?

I think the solution to this whole debacle is sign a contract of rental fee based on percentage of what driver makes weekly.
If he makes less, ur loss. If he makes more, ur gain.

And why not just ask ur driver, if u have one to be paying you a certain amount u choose and allow us to rest here..

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2021
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ahijobuzuzu(m): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2021
I am an experienced driver based in Lagos. I need a car for weekly rental or HP. No hassles. Contact me on WhatsApp 08028861896 if you have car for me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
SHOOPSYN:
Dru welldone.. grin. your strategy eventually worked out. Lure drivers with 2k challenge to upload dashboards(dashboards that doesn't mostly translate to money in your account) and now, onwers are bent on increasing rent or 40k/60k. But the truth is, except you decide to drive your car, drivers will always have larger share because they really deserve it. Please where is @BAZO? your silence in all these is begining to be suspicious. grin. My Boss @izzou, I hail sir.
BAZ001 still drying his phone and car. Water enter him phone also

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2021
Pearl1910:

What is ur point Sir?

And why not just ask ur driver, if u have one to be paying you a certain amount u choose and allow us to rest here..

End of discussion!!!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2021
Pearl1910:

What is ur point Sir?

He should collect less considering his rental?
Or
He should tell partner that this week he has hammer so he will pay 100k in rent?

I think the solution to this whole debacle is sign a contract of rental fee based on percentage of what driver makes weekly.
If he makes less, ur loss. If he makes more, ur gain.

And why not just ask ur driver, if u have one to be paying you a certain amount u choose and allow us to rest here

Abeg my brother help me manage am grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2021
dapotemi:

As much as I try to keep reading and laughing without making comments.
This last sentence cracked me up.
You mean am?
APC= PDP= Uber drivers

[img]https://media1./images/c9c36e07263ff7303d10fa1140b572d7/tenor.gif?itemid=20613752[/img]

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2021
kanuisagoat:

This your 25k argument holds no water. I am married and also on the streets of bolt

There's a standing order on the account I use for Bolt that debits N5000 everyday to my sons account. Whatever is left is what I survive with. You know what that means? If I was remitting money to a partner, I can comfortably pay 35k weekly and still have enough for myself.

Except the vehicle is a V6 that requires premium fuel, anyone giving out a vehicle for 25k is just running a charity organisation for the driver.

What I expect you to be advocating is that married men should learn to work harder than single guys since they have more bills to pay and not telling partners to dash out vehicles at 25k rentals

Guy since you no invite me to come eat salah meat let me dish my annoyance on u. grin

Now, look at my earning for the whole of last month. Lets round it up to 300k for both offline and indriver which I dont do much. Offline I also dont do much again because of bonuses.

Now, assume rental to be 25k/week... Which is 100k/month.
I buy fuel 4k daily... 26days it 104k/month but let's leave it at 100k/month.
Let's forget minor money's I give as sara, police and others.

300k-100k-100= 100k

So can you see? 100k for 13hrs on the d road daily for 25/26 days... Mind you this money is not even guaranteed because there're lot of factors that can take 50% or 75% away in just ine day.

No health insurance from my partner
No pension
No leave allowances
To housing allowances
No feeding allowance
No transportation allowance (I've to pay for a cap to take my family out or go offline to do that)
No live insurance
No harverd allowance from partner.

All the partners I've had ever since I know how much of my money entered their car for maintenance so forget all those 100% maintenance... Audio ni

If I've to pay you 30k how much will be left for me? To foot my bill? All in the name that you bought a tokunbo car of 1.8ltr engine my ass that still belongs to you even after 3 or 4yrs? Guy are you kidding me?

Listen business is patient and for you to break even it has to take a minimum of 5yrs so where are you guys getting the notion of 2yrs?? Aren't you a highway robber

Come of it pls... Its because it's your car that's why you see it that way. Don't compare Mr. A with Mr. B they don't have the same strenght, tenacity, endurance and tolerance. My ideology is different from yours.

I can rent Your car and decide to park it in my garage and pay you at the end of every week from proceeds from my other business... I've done this b4 for like 3months erratically with the civic... Anyone could tell from the millage. Why? because I needed to be mobile for personal and business purposes so why tell me pay 30/40k, for what??

Guy if you need that lets sigh a hp agreement. So car owners should stop having the mentality of entitlement or thinking you're doing yje driver a favour ok. Its business. If it doesn't favour you sell the car and look for other things to do.

25k/30k is okay for rental any body not okay with that should hit the road and see how difficult it is to be faithful with even 25k for straight 3months first b4 thinking of 30k.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:32pm On Jul 20, 2021
Advision:

Its only in this ehailing business in which an employee (even if a free agent) will expect to earn more than his employer. So if you earn 60k, your employer who bought 100% of the means of production is too greedy to ask 66% to cover his cost of capital and make a little margin?

In my years of experience I have never seen where employee expects to earn more than his boss, very greedy folks here

I can only pray God will also make you an employer so you can be a very generous man.

This man self... What do you think of yourself for heaven sake?!! Who told you you're employing anyone? For goodness sake! You're rendering a service and that man(driver) is only renting you fuckin car. Get this into your empty skull menh!

God damn it!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3849) (3850) (3851) (3852) (3853) (3854) (3855) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Kaymaxi2222(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.