Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,948 members, 7,806,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4099) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4722589 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4096) (4097) (4098) (4099) (4100) (4101) (4102) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:19am On Sep 29, 2021
lilkech:

Yes it was tinted. That glass costs 8k I’ve replaced it.

That glass is a single layer glass so any impact should shatter its entirety. The side glasses and the back one are all single layer glasses.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:27am On Sep 29, 2021
Johnnybegood12:

True.
But then cheerfuigiver, Felicity001 would be president and vice respectively, pearl1910 secretary and baz001 pro grin

Me VP to that good for nothing head? You see why Nigeria will never be okay?grin
When you make a secondary school head over a professor what good do you expect from him. That is what Nigeria is currently being faced with presently.

That your ticket no go work at allgringrin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omoba2012(m): 8:55am On Sep 29, 2021
Came online few minutes ago and I'm seeing several posts on the lady that was mu.rdered by cultis.ts for chanting in their slangs and songs.

She was asked to identify where she belongs and she said that she was just following a tiktok trend(maybe).

This is worrisome and scary.

I was still trying to wrap my head around what I saw and my boss shared something with me.

Please stay safe and be very mindful of things you join in.

Be extremely careful these days.

My boss just told me that he was robbed yesterday.

After working for a top celebrity, he was heading home, ordered a bolt ride only to find out that the driver was an armed rob.ber!

He was asked to play cool and my boss compiled.

He was asked to provide his ATM, he did.

My boss told them that there was no money in that account, they didn't believe him till they checked in their POS machine.

Yes, they were carrying POS machine around.

Other guys with guns joined them when they were indecisive to go to the supermarket.

My boss had 100k on him.

That was the money the top celebrity gave him in appreciation for a job well done(not the payment for work done).

They took his phone too.

My boss was so thankful that he didn't go out with his main phone and his laptop.

It would have destroyed a whole lot.

My boss tried to trace those robbers and it turned out that they abducted the main driver.

Whenever the driver recieves an order, they go pick the person and rob him or her

They abducted the driver, held him captive somewhere until they are done with whatever operation they had planned out.

They will abandon the car and release him.

Phew!!

I'm so shocked right now!!

They must have robbed the driver too.

My boss is still traumatized.

I am too.

Y'all should stay safe out there and be extra vigilant.

Omoo!!

This news wey ah receive now eh�

God epp us!

Post edit: This happened in Lagos Island. I took permission from my boss to share this.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YoungDreamer: 10:00am On Sep 29, 2021
So sorry about the incident. But seriously, we don't don't take some measures seriously. That's the reason every rider should see the driver's picture when ordering and compare it to the person coming to pick them. I once ordered a ride on bolt and the driver came with a different car, I refuse to even identify I'm the rider when he called he was around, he waited and left. Let's not take some security measures for granted no matter what. The days are evil.
omoba2012:
Came online few minutes ago and I'm seeing several posts on the lady that was mu.rdered by cultis.ts for chanting in their slangs and songs.

She was asked to identify where she belongs and she said that she was just following a tiktok trend(maybe).

This is worrisome and scary.

I was still trying to wrap my head around what I saw and my boss shared something with me.

Please stay safe and be very mindful of things you join in.

Be extremely careful these days.

My boss just told me that he was robbed yesterday.

After working for a top celebrity, he was heading home, ordered a bolt ride only to find out that the driver was an armed rob.ber!

He was asked to play cool and my boss compiled.

He was asked to provide his ATM, he did.

My boss told them that there was no money in that account, they didn't believe him till they checked in their POS machine.

Yes, they were carrying POS machine around.

Other guys with guns joined them when they were indecisive to go to the supermarket.

My boss had 100k on him.

That was the money the top celebrity gave him in appreciation for a job well done(not the payment for work done).

They took his phone too.

My boss was so thankful that he didn't go out with his main phone and his laptop.

It would have destroyed a whole lot.

My boss tried to trace those robbers and it turned out that they abducted the main driver.

Whenever the driver recieves an order, they go pick the person and rob him or her

They abducted the driver, held him captive somewhere until they are done with whatever operation they had planned out.

They will abandon the car and release him.

Phew!!

I'm so shocked right now!!

They must have robbed the driver too.

My boss is still traumatized.

I am too.

Y'all should stay safe out there and be extra vigilant.

Omoo!!

This news wey ah receive now eh�

God epp us!

Post edit: This happened in Lagos Island. I took permission from my boss to share this.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2021
Felicity001:

Me VP to that good for nothing head? You see why Nigeria will never be okay?grin
When you make a secondary school head over a professor what good do you expect from him. That is what Nigeria is currently being faced with presently.

That your ticket no go work at allgringrin
Lol.
But truth be told, that's how it should be, revolution+hoodlum = big win for drivers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by babatee2013: 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2021
Pls who has the link to check vehicle plate number status should pls share��
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Simplebeauty: 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2021
abeg who need money
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
YoungDreamer:
That's the reason every rider should see the driver's picture when ordering and compare it to the person coming to pick them.

Even drivers should be able to see riders picture. Our lives are also important.

Meanwhile, this is to majority of the bolt drivers in Lagos, using Corolla; Why do you guys drive rough? You change lanes any how roughky

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Skolex5: 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
I'm currently inside a bus. By the time I get home I would have spent 1,000 on transportation just from oshodi.

I'll like to have the uber driver vs office worker argument again but this time, focus will be on the expenses of the office worker. This is crazy
I am up for this debate
Will be so interesting focusing on expenses this time and not earnings .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2021
Barbiturate:

Meanwhile, this is to majority of the bolt drivers in Lagos, using Corolla; Why do you guys drive rough? You change lanes any how roughky
grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2021
Guys, especially those that just joined....If you're heading to Adeola Hopewell or Idowu taylor from Adetokunmbo Ademola, VI, Google map will tell you to turn right at Akinbo Savage. Don't! There's no right turn there, it's a one way. The sign is there but you might get carried away especially if your Google map voice is active and you are not paying attention to the road signs.

Instead, go straight to Ajose round about and take the first exit to Sanusi fafunwa and connect Adeola/Idowu taylor and other adjoining streets.

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
babatee2013:
Pls who has the link to check vehicle plate number status should pls share��

https://verify.autoreg.ng/

https://nvis.frsc.gov.ng/VehicleManagement/VerifyPlateNo

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2021
Thanks for this sir ..
ReadaDream:
Guys, especially those that just joined....If you're heading to Adeola Hopewell or Idowu taylor from Adetokunmbo Ademola, VI, Google map will tell you to turn right at Akinbo Savage. Don't! There's no right turn there, it's a one way. The sign is there but you might get carried away especially if your Google map voice is active and you are not paying attention to the road signs.

Instead, go straight to Ajose round about and take the first exit to Sanusi fafunwa and connect Adeola/Idowu taylor and other adjoining streets.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2021
ReadaDream:

I think Google is right for now.

Adeola Hopewell is a one way street, and to connect it, you need to go and turn at Adeyemo Alakija

But currently, there is a road construction at the end of Sanusi Fafunwa. You cannot pass there for now (I don't know if I'm wrong oh)

So that's why Google is redirecting people to pass Savage street.

If you want to understand what I'm saying, when you want to go to Adeyemo Alakija from Ozumba Mbadiwa, the normal way was to pass through Churchgate, join Sanusi Fafunwa, and turn back to Adeyemo, but now, you would just run a one way from Muri Okunola and join.

I hope to see other drivers response on this
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:35pm On Sep 29, 2021
Johnnybegood12:

Lol.
But truth be told, that's how it should be, revolution+hoodlum = big win for drivers

Its should always be hoodlum first

Take notegrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2021
Simplebeauty:
abeg who need money

Lol... You won do give away?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2021
izzou:

Adeola Hopewell is a one way street, and to connect it, you need to go and turn at Adeyemo Alakija

But currently, there is a road construction at the end of Sanusi Fafunwa. You cannot pass there for now (I don't know if I'm wrong oh)

If you want to understand what I'm saying, when you want to go to Adeyemo Alakija from Ozumba Mbadiwa, the normal way was to pass through Churchgate, join Sanusi Fafunwa, and turn back to Adeyemo, but now, you would just run a one way from Muri Okunola and join.

Going through Alakija is the other way round, that way you connect Churchgate etc.

The road construction doesn't affect road users who wants to link Adeola Hopewell from Sanusi Fafunwa, (Adeola Hopewell is the first right turning on S/F) .....it only affect people turning to Idowu Taylor so you have to drive down to Ahmed Onibudo before you can connect Idowu Taylor.

Akinbo Savage from Adetokunmbo Ademola off 1004 has always been a one way street. No right turning, I wonder why Gmap is directing road users to it.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
ReadaDream:
Going through Alakija is the other way round, that way you connect Churchgate etc.

The road construction doesn't affect road users who wants to link Adeola Hopewell from Sanusi Fafunwa, (Adeola Hopewell is the first right turning on S/F) .....it only affect people turning to Idowu Taylor so you have to drive down to Ahmed Onibudo before you can connect Idowu Taylor.

Akinbo Savage from Adetokunmbo Ademola off 1004 has always been a one way street. No right turning, I wonder why Gmap is directing road users to it.

Yes, I know you can join Hopewell from the first turning on Fafunwa, but you cannot follow it to the beginning of Hopewell. It is one way (I may be wrong sha). That route will only take you to the Savage junction, and you must exit

For example, if I turn from Fafunwa, and decide to go to John Holt plc (the beginning of Hopewell), or Cakes and Cream, it's a one way.

The only way to join the beginning of Hopewell (where MTN and FCMB) is was to go back to and pass Churchgate or Adeyemo, come back to the back of Law school, and join Hopewell.

Maybe it has been changed sha. Na like that I know am before.

Well done for the updates bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
izzou:

Yes, I know you can join Hopewell from the first turning on Fafunwa, but you cannot follow it to the beginning of Hopewell. It is one way (I may be wrong sha). That route will only take you to the Savage junction, and you must exit

For example, if I turn from Fafunwa, and decide to go to John Holt plc (the beginning of Hopewell), or Cakes and Cream, it's a one way.

The only way to join the beginning of Hopewell (where MTN and FCMB) is was to go back to and pass Churchgate or Adeyemo, come back to the back of Law school, and join Hopewell.

Maybe it has been changed sha. Na like that I know am before.

Well done for the updates bro
You are very right bro. You know Badaru Abina stops few meters after law school entrance gate, thats where Adeola Hopewell starts from. That side can only be connected from Alakija truly, it hasn't changed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
ReadaDream:
You are very right bro. You know Badaru Abina stops few meters after law school entrance gate, thats where Adeola Hopewell starts from. That side can only be connected from Alakija truly, it hasn't changed.

Yeah

And you right about Savage being a one way. But I'm guessing that the map is observing cars passing there to go back to the beginning of Hopewell, and that was why it adjusted.

You're doing a great job bro. God bless you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
izzou:

Yeah

And you right about Savage being a one way. But I'm guessing that the map is observing cars passing there to go back to the beginning of Hopewell, and that was why it adjusted.

You're doing a great job bro. God bless you
Most likely, because the first time it happened I didn't think much of it, then it happened again today.

Before now, Gmap has never directed me to it. I had to check for the sign again to be sure.

God bless you too brother.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
izzou:

Nop, Google is not right.

Although most of the one-ways in that area have been suspended due to d road construction. Sanusi and Savage still remain existing one-ways. I think only Adeyemo Alakija, Idowu Taylor, Hopewell, and Churchgate have one-ways suspended. Even before the construction u can enter Hopewell from Sanusi then turn left into Idowu Taylor cos Hopewell wasn't one-way all-through, just a part of it.

No construction is affecting Sanusi for now, u can drive the whole length of Sanusi and divert into any adjoining street from Eko hotel roundabout to Akin Adesola.

If u follow Google map for Lagos hook line and sinker, u go enter one chance. grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 5:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
Barbiturate:

Even drivers should be able to see riders picture. Our lives are also important.

Corolla, Korope(Mini bus) and Keke napep(tricycle) drivers have same blood in them. grin. May be because they sound similar. They change lanes anyhow, ignore right of way rules. If a Corolla give you space or obey right of way, is either he is trying to figure out PU location or trying to get trip. I smile whenever I see them doing JamesBond on the road and always having issues with their cousins (keke and Korope).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stanobel: 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2021
Good evening to everyone here, am henry and i reaide in ikorodu. Please can i get a Nigerian used car on hp that is uber standard i really need it urgently, thanks in advance
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Josephase: 5:34pm On Sep 29, 2021
Corolla in the mud
SHOOPSYN:

Corolla, Korope(Mini bus) and Keke napep(tricycle) drivers have same blood in them. grin. May be because they sound similar. They change lanes anyhow, ignore right of way rules. If a Corolla give you space or obey right of way, is either he is trying to figure out PU location or trying to get trip. I smile whenever I see them doing JamesBond on the road and always having issues with their cousins (keke and Korope).
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 5:58pm On Sep 29, 2021
Simplebeauty:
abeg who need money
I nid a loan ,car paper as collat
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
Barbiturate:

SHOOPSYN:

See beef o grin tongue
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
SHOOPSYN:

Coro boys don’t like you right now grin

[img]https://c./d6dGOnk646MAAAAd/laughing-crying-laughing-hysterically.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
ReadaDream:

Right now u can link muri okunola from Sanusi via Hopewell and nobody will hold u. U can also connect Sanusi from Muri okunola via Alakija like Izzou said. Until d road construction is finished and d roads there are commissioned. Am even guessing Hopewell will not be one-way again cos d road is pretty wide now. Just like they did Intercontinental hotel part of Kofo Abayomi.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:48pm On Sep 29, 2021
Johnnybegood12:

Thanks on behalf of baz001.
Atleast we would stop seeing the picture of that his bouncing aeroplane grin
Truth be told we at dru23 is a good man regardless.

Regardless of what ?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:51pm On Sep 29, 2021
dru23:

Still waiting for more goods to arrive ... Castrol 5w30 and 0w20 is on the way .... And also Pennzoil European 5w30 is on the way plus prestone coolant and other great items too .......

So the bouncing aeroplane needs to continue o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 6:56pm On Sep 29, 2021
Pearl1910:

Right now u can link muri okunola from Sanusi via Hopewell and nobody will hold u. U can also connect Sanusi from Muri okunola via Alakija like Izzou said. Until d road construction is finished and d roads there are commissioned. Am even guessing Hopewell will not be one-way again cos d road is pretty wide now. Just like they did Intercontinental hotel part of Kofo Abayomi.
Sincerely, today I saw people drive all the way down Adeola Hopewell, these are people who entered from Sanusi Fafunwa.

They should just leave it like that abeg.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4096) (4097) (4098) (4099) (4100) (4101) (4102) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: dharmie13(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.