Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5027) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4723856 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5024) (5025) (5026) (5027) (5028) (5029) (5030) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 7:38am On Oct 21, 2022
Bros ,you be senior man,u try o,me I start very early everyday ,when I gross 15k,I close and go home to rest ,and prepare for next day.the day I gross 30k ehn my back and body tell me shege.i thank God say I no dey do rental,na my uncle give me motor make I use help myself.
CheerfulGiver:
just tell them they are wasting their time and money on Bolt. See you now. You work 3 days. I worked 2 days. Half of Monday. My net 55. Your net 57.

If your guys like, they can gross 45k x 7. I don't even need to gross 40k x 7.

I rest better, and I make more. Tell them bolt is cursed. grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 7:48am On Oct 21, 2022
desmondDessi:
Good Day Everyone.

I've been reading the thread and I'm really happy we have people here with experience.

Please I need your advice, I'm currently working in a company where my salary is about 70k and I work Mondays to Saturdays.

I own a Toyota Car and I registered Bolt just last week,started working last week too just in the evenings. Because my work is 8 to 6PM. So what I've been doing are just evening Trips, 6 to 10pm at most then I go home. But since I started, I've really been considering quitting my job and go into Bolt full time.
What do you guys think?

I will advise you NOT to quit your job to do Bolt FULL time.

Those times you work (6pm-10pm are peak periods. The money you make within that four hours, you may not make from 8am-2pm (6 hours).

I noticed that the days I start working from 2pm to 10pm, I make more money than working from 9am to 9pm.

When you start working by 9am, you get exhausted and retire before or by 9pm. Unlike when you start working by 2pm, 10pm you are still very energetic.

You will tend to gross more with lesser frustration. Yes, as evening approaches, all the law enforcement agents start leaving the road and you can get away with some mistakes.

Any time I get a job that will take me away from driving for two days, I am more than happy. The passion you have now will wade off as time goes by and you will be compelled to drive since that's the only thing you can do to earn a living.

Question

How were you able to buy a car on a 70k per month salary?

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 8:00am On Oct 21, 2022
I signed up for the ALX Software Development program few months back and I am willing to see to the conclusion of the program.

It is someone that has not eaten IT money that will feel there is any time too much to devote to learning IT programs.

When Fiverr was booming for me, there were times I earned over 800k per month with less stress.

The picture I have on Bolt is the one I took when I was still earning very well on Fiverr. I was looking robust with fat cheek and all. Most riders will see me and say that the picture they are seeing is different from the person they are looking at, I will just shove that away but deep down, I'm hurting.

It seems to me like moving from Grace to grass. My friend just sold about $900 from his Fiverr earnings at the price of 710/$. Do the maths and tell me how long I would need to drive on Bolt to earn that.

I went for Bolt inspection and I was told to repaint my bumpers and remove my car seat because it's torn.

I repainted for 12k, bought the car seat for 32k (leather) and changed my AC filter plus gas for 7k. That's 51k spent in less than two days. That's not inclusive of the 20k I paid to VIO and other miscellaneous expenses on the car.

So, even if I net 300k on Bolt, I am spending 100k plus on the car even though my car is not a problematic one.

A software engineer will earn in a month, what you earn in a year. It is a program that is worth it if you can find time to drive for just four hours in a day just to pay bills.

I can connect with anyone who's interested in pursuing this course so we do it as a team.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by desmondDessi(m): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2022
Dailyparrot:

Those times you work (6pm-10pm are peak periods. The money you make within that four hours, you may not make from 8am-2pm (6 hours).

I noticed that the days I start working from 2pm to 10pm, I make more money than working from 9am to 9pm.

When you start working by 9am, you get exhausted and retire before or by 9pm. Unlike when you start working by 2pm, 10pm you are still very energetic.

You will tend to gross more with lesser frustration. Yes, as evening approaches, all the law enforcement agents start leaving the road and you can get away with some mistakes.

Any time I get a job that will take me away from driving for two days, I am more than happy. The passion you have now will wade off as time goes by and you will be compelled to drive since that's the only thing you can do to earn a living.

Question

Thanks so what you are saying, during the day not so many people order rides? Mind you, my job can be exhausting too and I might still get tired in the evening.

Like you said 2pm to 10pm is still cool, I was planning to start learning Coding(I have started already) but my job does not give me the pleasure of time. There's only once I was about to do 6 trips and I got home after 11pm that day and I still have to get ready for work the next day.

Your question, Lol. I went into Crypto last year, lost some money and made some. What really gave me my car is trading NFT. Made about two good sales from a project and I bought a car.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by desmondDessi(m): 8:10am On Oct 21, 2022
Dailyparrot:
I signed up for the ALX Software Development program few months back and I am willing to see to the conclusion of the program.

It is someone that has not eaten IT money that will feel there is any time too much to devote to learning IT programs.

When Fiverr was booming for me, there were times I earned over 800k per month with less stress.

The picture I have on Bolt is the one I took when I was still earning very well on Fiverr. I was looking robust with fat cheek and all. Most riders will see me and say that the picture they are seeing is different from the person they are looking at, I will just shove that away but deep down, I'm hurting.

It seems to me like moving from Grace to grass. My friend just sold about $900 from his Fiverr earnings at the price of 710/$. Do the maths and tell me how long I would need to drive on Bolt to earn that.

I went for Bolt inspection and I was told to repaint my bumpers and remove my car seat because it's torn.

I repainted for 12k, bought the car seat for 32k (leather) and changed my AC filter plus gas for 7k. That's 51k spent in less than two days. That's not inclusive of the 20k I paid to VIO and other miscellaneous expenses on the car.

So, even if I net 300k on Bolt, I am spending 100k plus on the car even though my car is not a problematic one.

A software engineer will earn in a month, what you earn in a year. It is a program that is worth it if you can find time to drive for just four hours in a day just to pay bills.

I can connect with anyone who's interested in pursuing this course so we do it as a team.
I'm interested, this ALX program. Is it like programming

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by flexxyworld(m): 8:12am On Oct 21, 2022
Dailyparrot:

Question

What you said to this man is really wisdom and detailed. Thanks for sharing. i hope he really reads this piece slowly and digest before taking his final decision

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AgentXxx(m): 8:13am On Oct 21, 2022
IT money is one of the sweetest money out there, More of brain work, one sweet thing about it is you don’t retire, the older the wine, the better it is. I.e more experience, more money . A friend we both graduated has never worked for almost 10yrs now, he devoted a year to data analysis and perfected understanding many data analytic applications since then he has has been chopping money from fiverr and now even remotely works for a company off the coast. Oil Dey your head my brother grin
Dailyparrot:

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 8:18am On Oct 21, 2022
desmondDessi:

Thanks so what you are saying, during the day not so many people order rides? Mind you, my job can be exhausting too and I might still get tired in the evening.

Like you said 2pm to 10pm is still cool, I was planning to start learning Coding(I have started already) but my job does not give me the pleasure of time. There's only once I was about to do 6 trips and I got home after 11pm that day and I still have to get ready for work the next day.

Your question, Lol. I went into Crypto last year, lost some money and made some. What really gave me my car is trading NFT. Made about two good sales from a project and I bought a car.

This crypto thing is another opportunity lost for me. I started working on Fiverr in 2016. I could afford to buy 1BTC when it was $1000 which was just 350k then but fear didn't allow me. If I had invested in crypto when I knew about it, I would have been a landlord in Lagos by now during that Bull market. I only entered when the whales were catching out but it is well. Lol.

Ride request comes in at all time of the day but evening time tend to offer longer trips and less waiting time as people are desperate to go to wherever they are going.

Except you want to go into IT, that's a more tangible reason to quit your job and not SOLELY because of ehailing.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 8:24am On Oct 21, 2022
desmondDessi:

I'm interested, this ALX program. Is it like programming

Just like the proverbial lawyer in the Bible that neither fear God nor man.

I am not afraid of ban except they remove the link.

Here's the link to the program. You follow through and complete the application. I think it's beginning by November.

https://theroom.formstack.com/forms/software_engineering_application?

You must have a good computer though. I'm currently using HP pavilion 15.

It's a software development program where you specialize in either frontend or backend in the last 3 months.

One of the jobs you can do as a software developer is website testing

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by desmondDessi(m): 8:38am On Oct 21, 2022
Dailyparrot:

This crypto thing is another opportunity lost for me. I started working on Fiverr in 2016. I could afford to buy 1BTC when it was $1000 which was just 350k then but fear didn't allow me. If I had invested in crypto when I knew about it, I would have been a landlord in Lagos by now during that Bull market. I only entered when the whales were catching out but it is well. Lol.

Ride request comes in at all time of the day but evening time tend to offer longer trips and less waiting time as people are desperate to go to wherever they are going.

Except you want to go into IT, that's a more tangible reason to quit your job and not SOLELY because of ehailing.
Yea, I've been working here for about 4years now. I think its time to move.

Yea, I didn't go into Crypto too early myself

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by desmondDessi(m): 8:39am On Oct 21, 2022
Dailyparrot:

Here's the link to the program. You follow through and complete the application. I think it's beginning by November.

It's a software development program where you specialize in either frontend or backend in the last 3 months.

Ok thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 8:49am On Oct 21, 2022
Dailyparrot:

Thanks anyway.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 8:50am On Oct 21, 2022
CAR PARTICULARS

DEALER PLATE NUMBERS

CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP

CUSTOM NUMBER PLATES

DRIVER'S LICENCE

CALL/WHATSAPP: 08033539981 or 08182880902
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:02am On Oct 21, 2022
desmondDessi:

Drive on ehailing and Focus on the NFT stuff...if it is sustainable and consistent.
Or you drive few hours in a day so u have time to develop yourself in the crypto that u have started or anyother thing u have passion for.

That work of 70k per month working 8am to 6pm from Monday to Saturday must be quit as soon as possible since there is no career growth.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by desmondDessi(m): 9:10am On Oct 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

Drive on ehailing and Focus on the NFT stuff...if it is sustainable and consistent.
Or you drive few hours in a day so u have time to develop yourself in the crypto that u have started or anyother thing u have passion for.

That work of 70k per month working 8am to 6pm from Monday to Saturday must be quite as soon as possible since there is no career growth.
Yea NFT and Crypto not consistent, right now we are in a bear market and bags are down bad.

Yes I'll still be doing them and I want to go into coding too.

Thanks for your advice
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:15am On Oct 21, 2022
Dailyparrot:

Any time I get a job that will take me away from driving for two days, I am more than happy. The passion you have now will wade off as time goes by and you will be compelled to drive since that's the only thing you can do?

You were just favoured and maybe u put on your thinking caps when u r desperate to make good money despite starting late. Imagine having same energy and motivation all day.
U can't compare someone that starts work from 6am to 10pm with someone that starts work from 9am or 12pm or 2pm never.

Some people start work by 5am and by 3pm thy have closed for the day and they have NET 10k for the day after fuel and commission.

Being energetic, having drive and motivation has nothing to do with the trips u are taking or surge or traffic conditions. You have to find a way to keep urself motivated and sharp all day while working.

Any day I want to work full day, I divide my day into 3 sessions and make sure I Gross 10k per session. Most times I do more at the end of the day, if I fall short in 1session, I make up with the next. Just to keep me on my toes.
Eat well, take supplements, rest well, take breaks, eat again and u will still b sharp till 11pm. There is no way u will work full day, doing everything right and not make 30k gross.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sandammy(m): 9:25am On Oct 21, 2022
Dailyparrot:

Thanks boss, applied yesterday immediately you posted about the program and by this morning I received a congratulatory message.
I just pray God give me the zeal to complete the program. I don't have a laptop but there is a desktop I use at work I don't know if that will do for the time being before I get a lappy.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 9:37am On Oct 21, 2022
73O9:

Thanks anyway.

Are you underage or overage? Reapply choosing 25 years as your age.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 9:41am On Oct 21, 2022
sandammy:

Thanks boss, applied yesterday immediately you posted about the program and by this morning I received a congratulatory message.
I just pray God give me the zeal to complete the program. I don't have a laptop but there is a desktop I use at work I don't know if that will do for the time being before I get a lappy.

I wasn't the original poster. I'm just responding to the original poster.

They are approving a lot of people because they know a lot will drop out or may not even start it.

I don't know their minimum system requirements and the availability of light in your place of work since desktop computers don't come with batteries.

If you can get a used laptop with at least 250 gigabyte SSD and 8 gig ram, that would be better.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Baker77: 9:57am On Oct 21, 2022
sandammy:

Congratulations..which program did you choose and how did you go about the assessment?

I choose Devops but yet to take the assessment.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sandammy(m): 10:02am On Oct 21, 2022
Baker77:

Congratulations..which program did you choose and how did you go about the assessment?

Software engineering
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sandammy(m): 10:02am On Oct 21, 2022
Baker77:

Okay, Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:33am On Oct 21, 2022
Dailyparrot:
I

My friend just sold about $900 from his Fiverr earnings at the price of 710/$. Do the maths and tell me how long I would need to drive on Bolt to earn that.

I

Please how long did ur friend use to accumulate that $900?
And what does it take to be able to make that amount?

900 X 710 = 631,000

That can be made in 6weeks by an average driver and 4weeks for a serious full time driver on ehailing.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:40am On Oct 21, 2022
Dailyparrot:

Are you underage or overage? Reapply choosing 25 years as your age.

Una don start. Why should he lie about his age. Tomorrow now, he will want to apply for Visa with his real age and they will reject him, then he will start thinking village people are after him.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

Please how long did ur friend use to accumulate that $900?
And what does it take to be able to make that amount?

900 X 710 = 631,000

That can be made in 6weeks by an average driver and 4weeks for a serious full time driver on ehailing.

Going by this figures that means 90% of bolt drivers are multimillionaires. cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 21, 2022
desmondDessi:

Yea, I've been working here for about 4years now. I think its time to move.

Yea, I didn't go into Crypto too early myself

I’m not a fan of long epistles. So I’ll just tell you the short and simple truth.

Do NOT quit your job.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 21, 2022
Dailyparrot:

Question

Oh someone already said it. cheesy

Na the gospel truth this person write so. I hope he listens.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 11:13am On Oct 21, 2022
TheModerator:

Cleverest Ndukwu, I warned you. And I keep warning you scammer, coming here to cheer CheerfulGiver who's a thief and a criminal. This is the ugly face of corner44 who thinks he can hide behind the keyboard to type rubbish here. You should never mention me again. Look at this idiot that poked fun at dru23. Now look at your own picture. Let the world see how foolish and ugly you truly are.

Next, I'll physically scoop you out and inflict something horrible on you. I will track you to the latter if you or anyone baga on this thread dares me.

I knew it cheesy I knew you’d seen my picture but was afraid to post it here lol because I fine pass you tongue

Chai! See handsomeness kiss

You’re just a sad ugly mugu. You keep screaming scammer - scammer like a broken record. Na so I pepper you reach?

I will keep on cheering whoever I chose to and there’s nothing you can do about it. Keep digging and posting my pictures. That’s the highest you can do.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TheModerator: 11:18am On Oct 21, 2022
Those who live in glass houses don't throw stones. Cheerfulgiver aka romeo the bandit. Your attack dog has dragged me back

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 11:23am On Oct 21, 2022
TheModerator:
Those who live in glass houses don't throw stones. Cheerfulgiver aka romeo the bandit. Your attack dog has dragged me

Shut up ya maat. You are just jonezing yourself grin

My Facebook is linked to my email here on nairaland which I’ve posted times without number (which you already know) and it’s always been open to the public.

See you, small nyash dey shake grin idiot I ask you again

what else can you do apart from digging my Facebook for my handsome pictures to post on nairaland for me?

Anu ofia

I will quote you and mention you as long and as much as I like.

Cowardly Mugu tongue

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TheModerator: 11:28am On Oct 21, 2022
Conner44:

I knew it cheesy I knew you’d seen my picture but was afraid to post it here lol because I fine pass you tongue

Chai! See handsomeness kiss

You’re just a sad ugly mugu. You keep screaming scammer - scammer like a broken record. Na so I pepper you reach?

I will keep on cheering whoever I chose to and there’s nothing you can do about it. Keep digging and posting my pictures. That’s the highest you can do.

Keep living in some kind of illusion Mr. Wowo. See how hungry and fkkcked up you look. I ignored you because I felt it's not worth it and don't have time for a low life. I mean, you are way below.

But since you have continued to be stupid, I'll make life hard for you on the internet. It's only a matter of time before you realize the implications of this. You are too dumb to have any idea.

You simply have no idea who you are messing with. I can make life a living hell for you. You should have listened.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5024) (5025) (5026) (5027) (5028) (5029) (5030) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: SHOOPSYN(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.