Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4725071 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by paroh137(m): 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
ifyeez:
shocked shocked shocked shocked if e work tell me make I flood all the thread with this format, I no no say 9ja done beta

Why you dey do like this na?!?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olesekeniwoye(m): 2:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
slavemerchant:

Nobody cried here, people just expressed their grievance with the system, we are all entitled to our opinion, Learn to comment with maturity in a public platform like this

Lol.
P.S Last reply
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by justifiedcoyy(m): 2:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
pooozeee:
Today is my last day with uber
Bye bye to uber welcome to Taxify and ogataxi

Uber cancelled two of my trips calling it riders fraud, I have been to lekki this morning, with 4 trips, out of 4k uber is deducting 3k from my account, so uber means just 1k is my money from 4 trips and I have been to lekki
Please when and where can I go for inspection with taxify ?
Total Filling Station: 1, Olagoke Olabisi Street. Lekki, (Shoprite Lekki)
Yaba - WorkSquare: 346 Borno Way Alagomeji Bus Stop, Yaba
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Arizona1: 2:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
slavemerchant:

Nobody cried here, people just expressed their grievance with the system, we are all entitled to our opinion, Learn to comment with maturity in a public platform like this
Don't mind the guy...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olesekeniwoye(m): 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2018
Some fellas are so pained.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 3:10pm On Feb 17, 2018
pooozeee:

Uber cancelled two of my trips calling it riders fraud, I have been to lekki this morning, with 4 trips, out of 4k uber is deducting 3k from my account, so uber means just 1k is my money from 4 trips and I have been to lekki
are u sure you did not have a debit in the account?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emekayoung(m): 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2018
ewebiodun:

My father always said"there is no car that is not good, it only depends on the owner and what its used for "
Exactly my point. My brother bought a kia optima 2008 model in 2010 and d car is still very clean and still running like tokunbo. The engine and d transmission are still untouched...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ewebiodun: 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
Emekayoung:

Exactly my point. My brother bought a kia optima 2008 model in 2010 and d car is still very clean and still running like tokunbo. The engine and d transmission are still untouched...
l
I drove a 10 years old naija used 2006 Hyundai sonata on uber for 6 months and the car did not have any issues for 1 day.That was the car that opened my eyes to hyundai

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ideh01(f): 6:08pm On Feb 17, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ideh01(f): 6:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dimeji007: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2018
I need a uber registered driver for 2005 Toyota Corolla.

Pls call me on 0817 045 8932 if interested.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:22pm On Feb 17, 2018
ideh01:

i can go for 35k hope it's a sound car preferred tokunbo .

If them leave you, you go collect kekenapep join grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ice4u999(m): 6:53pm On Feb 17, 2018
paroh137:
Guys. Please I need 10k contribution from 100 people (N1m) to get a car and join e-hailing business. Please reply with your number so I can send account number. Thank you.

But you get mind sha!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mployer(m): 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2018
ice4u999:

But you get mind sha!
grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mployer(m): 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hello house.

I want to get my car registered on Uber platform and drive once in a while. But my problem is that I don't know Lagos routes very well. Please how can I cope?

Is there anybody with similar experience when he started?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IlorinBoy1: 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2018
teelacruz:

Ilorinboy1: Kazeem how far na?
Kazeem: Oga i dey ooo wetin bring u come today?

Ilorinboy1: I need to change my brake pad, it seems its low bcoz I keep hearing a scratch sound from the disc
Kazeem: Oga brake pad don cost now ooo, it's original na 5k now.

Ilorinboy1: haba! The last one I bought was 3k5 jor.
Kazeem: No p I'll buy the one ur money reach

Ilorinboy1: Just do am well, I have pick up for airport biko
Kazeem: Oga brink money make we start, Romeo!!!! Oya come loose these tyres, Emeka!!! Come go buy pad for me

N.B I no get car to drive for now, so I get time for short dramas

Thank you very much @teelacruz and Oga @Gazzuzz. Problem solved!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by paroh137(m): 7:59pm On Feb 17, 2018
mployer:
Hello house.

I want to get my car registered on Uber platform and drive once in a while. But my problem is that I don't know Lagos routes very well. Please how can I cope?

I've not started yet (Still waiting on contributions from Nairaland to get a car) but I'll advice you to stick with Google Map and Customer Knowwledge. As time goes on, maybe after paying like 2k ten times to police for one way driving, you would know the right routes to take. I wish you success brother.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ewebiodun: 8:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
EddieMurphie:

Uber and Taxify block drivers when they ask where you dey go? Even most riders won't tell u. Maybe you have a sugar coated way of asking sha wink
This guy.....u funny I swear.....u really are funny
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by justifiedcoyy(m): 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2018
ideh01:

i can go for 35k hope it's a sound car preferred tokunbo .
I'm. not. the car owner.

look.two.pages back
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lekanlaniyan(m): 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
Good day all, I was in the filling station from 3am to 7:30am before I could buy fuel.

I got a request around 8:30am( sleep still dey eye).

I went to pick the rider going to Airport from Katampe extension estate(Abuja). The cost was #3,000.00. I humbly Begged we do the trip offline and we bargained for #4,500.00.

I explained y we should do it offline. 1. I can't pick a rider from airport. 2. The fee is too small 3. The stress of sleeping in the filling station to buy fuel.

She agreed and we cancelled the trip. When I check my rating, she gave me 3 star .

Always pray to meet riders with good heart.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dessy8: 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
I will do 35k per week no stories......
ice4u999:
Greetings to everyone,

Please I need advise o; right now I have a 2008 corolla, highway mileage of 140,000 km, in a very good shape and maintenance through Toyota up to date. My plan is to ship it to Nigeria from Canada before year end and register the vehicle with ulber for a weekly pay of 25k.

My question is, if this car meets ulber standards and if a driver will be willing to pay 25K weekly?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 10:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
pooozeee:

chai
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ewebiodun: 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
lekanlaniyan:
Good day all, I was in the filling station from 3am to 7:30am before I could buy fuel.

I got a request around 8:30am( sleep still dey eye).

I went to pick the rider going to Airport from Katampe extension estate(Abuja). The cost was #3,000.00. I humbly Begged we do the trip offline and we bargained for #4,500.00.

I explained y we should do it offline. 1. I can't pick a rider from airport. 2. The fee is too small 3. The stress of sleeping in the filling station to buy fuel.

She agreed and we cancelled the trip. When I check my rating, she gave me 3 star .

Always pray to meet riders with good heart.
How do u know the rating a rider gives u....or that's how it works in abj?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ice4u999(m): 11:22pm On Feb 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

If them leave you, you go collect kekenapep join grin

Chief GAZZUZZ abeg, What is your take on using Ford Fiesta for uber services? Looking at it from the point of reliability, access to parts in Nigeria and durability. The engine is 1.6 too.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ewebiodun: 11:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
pooozeee:

Sorry bro.If u don't mind, u really need to change ur device and also what network are u using for ur internet.
Also u need to be sure google maps is working on ur phone, if it doesn't u are going to be getting lots of these failed trips
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 12:13am On Feb 18, 2018
IlorinBoy1:

Thank you very much @teelacruz and Oga @Gazzuzz. Problem solved!

What did u tell ur mechanic, i wan do my own on monday
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1stargeneral: 1:57am On Feb 18, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Last nite I had real time experience of what drivers go thru on the road.

I closed @ 6pm, was about leaving the workshop when I decided to turn on my uber app. I saw surge right where my workshop is located. I received first trip almost immediately but it canceled after a few mins. I then decided to drive a bit while waiting for next request. Got one on oba-akran (by then Dynamic pricing had left the building)drove to mangoro area picked a rider to lekki phase 1 (home of surge) trip was fantastic cause we had to look for ways around traffic (much longer routes)before 11pm I had completed 6trips @ over 10k. It was time to go home. Set destination back to mainland and it popped the Mumu network stability error try again another time. So I decided I will leave it on and cancel any trip not going my way. I was deep inside ajah heading home when I heard an uncomfortable sound from the serpentine belt area.....

I ignored it... by the time I got close to lekki phase 1 round about I had the battery light on with the engine running, stiff power steering and rapidly climbing coolant temperature values.

I am driving my Avensis 1998 2002 and it uses a 3piece belt. I turned off all major electrical gadgets except the engine (head lights, DVD systems, airconditioning) I used the hazard lights instead.

I stopped accessed the damage and realised all 3 belts had been ripped of by the larger belt.

Got back into the car and drove to a well lit area where I could see a few cars parked.

Immediately I parked the HNIC came out of the dark, I addressed my self as Captain gazzuzz of kano pillars international HNIC became calm, I told him my war was going to sleep in his care and I would pick it up in the morning, he had no problem with that.

I called one of my colleagues on the phone, and in a matter of minutes, a 407 with a horse whip on the dashboard appears, I bullied the driver to the passenger side and drove to workshop.

Got to workshop picked up another vehicle and headed home.

got to gate and seems the security guy was in a valentine spirit. Did everything possible to wake him up, my guy no appear.

So I turned on my app and headed to magodo as instructed by my Oga in the business. True to his words lagos started moving again, this time back to lekki.....

2 more trips, then I headed back to area where my faulty vehicle was parked.

I didn't allow HNIC see me, I located another area where I saw over 20 toyota corrola cars with drivers inside all sleeping cheesy

Any way I said to my self, this area must be safe.

turned off app set chair low and got some shut eye.

I knew my serpentine belt was a bit frayed, but I had been procrastinating for almost a year now on replacing it, finally my village people Got me on 14 Feb.

Moral of the story

Keep vehicles as sound as possible. Replace all faulty parts as soon as you notice to avoid disappointments like this.

And if you can, keep a spare in the boot.

That was romeo03 with A horse whip in the Peugeot grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lekanlaniyan(m): 4:17am On Feb 18, 2018
ewebiodun:

How do u know the rating a rider gives u....or that's how it works in abj?

I always check my rating immediately after every trips.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SpeedGod: 5:16am On Feb 18, 2018
Good morning, you need a car to drive, call this number 08188662548. If it works, come and thank me. Cheers! Car owner lives around Aja.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ewebiodun: 6:47am On Feb 18, 2018
lekanlaniyan:

I always check my rating immediately after every trips.
That's not how it works bro, u can't know the exact rating a rider gave u. Because ur rating came down right after a trip doesn't mean it was that parti ular trip that caused it

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 7:32am On Feb 18, 2018
Hello, just learn how to use the apps ( Uber or Taxify), Google maps and good customer service ... Trust me, there will be no where in Lagos that you won't be able to take anybody to
mployer:
Hello house.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 7:44am On Feb 18, 2018
ice4u999:

Chief GAZZUZZ abeg, What is your take on using Ford Fiesta for uber services? Looking at it from the point of reliability, access to parts in Nigeria and durability. The engine is 1.6 too.

Nice...

On parts we go rough am jor

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.