Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (507) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4714926 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (5684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by demolaxl(m): 7:54am On Feb 18, 2018
Is toyota highlander 03 v6 a good car for uber? cry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 7:56am On Feb 18, 2018
ice4u999:

Chief GAZZUZZ abeg, What is your take on using Ford Fiesta for uber services? Looking at it from the point of reliability, access to parts in Nigeria and durability. The engine is 1.6 too.

What year is your Ford Fiesta? Generally, access to some parts may be a little challenging is very challenging, since the car is not in the American market. But then you can always buy parts from abroad and ship in, if you don't mind if you are up to it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 8:03am On Feb 18, 2018
demolaxl:
Is toyota highlander 03 v6 a good car for uber? cry

Generally not recommended to use a V6 for e-hailing in Nigeria. Costs of fuel will make it not less profitable.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ice4u999(m): 8:47am On Feb 18, 2018
oluwaseunla:

What year is your Ford Fiesta? Generally, access to some parts may be a little challenging is very challenging, since the car is not in the American market. But then you can always buy parts from abroad and ship in, if you don't mind if you are up to it.

2011 Ford Fiesta. Shipping part is the most challenging part o. Because sending parts by sea takes a minimum of 50 days and to me that is a lot of weeks of losing 35k

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:02am On Feb 18, 2018
ice4u999:

2011 Ford Fiesta. Shipping part is the most challenging part o. Because sending parts by sea takes a minimum of 50 days and to me that is a lot of weeks of losing 35k

Depending on parts u shipping ... u can do air freight (2weeks max)

U Don buy the moto already?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:03am On Feb 18, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Really shocked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ice4u999(m): 9:12am On Feb 18, 2018
Carshopper:

Depending on parts u shipping ... u can do air freight (2weeks max)

U Don buy the moto already?
No still negotiating with a private seller. Trying to bring down the price.

But the parts issue dey give me serious concern.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 9:21am On Feb 18, 2018
ice4u999:

In 2011, that model became readily available in the North American market. While your particular model is available in the US, I doubt the parts will be readily available in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:22am On Feb 18, 2018
ice4u999:

No still negotiating with a private seller. Trying to bring down the price.

But the parts issue dey give me serious concern.
Very true

No kia rio ni? 2007-2011?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:23am On Feb 18, 2018
ewebiodun:

That's not how it works bro, u can't know the exact rating a rider gave u. Because ur rating came down right after a trip doesn't mean it was that parti ular trip that caused it
on uber, if a rider rate u low like 1star... Instantly you will know, it could drop by 2 or 3 points. Taxify may reflect after some days
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IlorinBoy1: 9:31am On Feb 18, 2018
Ifeanyimark:

What did u tell ur mechanic, i wan do my own on monday

I asked to him to drive it and tell me his thoughts, he said it may be linkeage and suspension. (Fortunately, I just changed my linkeage). I said no, that he should check the brake pad, that it's not held in place properly (too much room). We loosened the tires and found the two thin u-shaped metal plate holding the brake pads in place were loose. He then said he'll do sth about it, but didn't want to tell me what he wanted to do. Lo and behold! He wanted to pack it with paper. Lol. But we later packed it Sha, cos I didn't have 3k to change the metal plates, poor me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ewebiodun: 9:33am On Feb 18, 2018
slamstanlee:
on uber, if a rider rate u low like 1star... Instantly you will know, it could drop by 2 or 3 points. Taxify may reflect after some days
Of course u will know,isn't that why ur rating dropped in the first place.However u can never be exactly sure about who gave u d one star. It could be even the nicest rider that rode in your car that rated u one star and that person u are thinking is d bad one might even have given u 5starz by mistake or not even rate u at all.

The reason u can't know who rated u one star is simple and was purposely done by uber so that drivers don't go and start laying ambush for riders u know punctured ur rating also if a rider rates u one star, u and that rider can never meet again via random request even if u are the only available uber in the entire city.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mployer(m): 9:37am On Feb 18, 2018
nitigriti:
Hello, just learn how to use the apps ( Uber or Taxify), Google maps and good customer service ... Trust me, there will be no where in Lagos that you won't be able to take anybody to

Thanks bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 10:08am On Feb 18, 2018
ewebiodun:

Sorry bro.If u don't mind, u really need to change ur device and also what network are u using for ur internet.
Also u need to be sure google maps is working on ur phone, if it doesn't u are going to be getting lots of these failed trips
this is actually the only solution ...device change
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 10:14am On Feb 18, 2018
lekanlaniyan:

I always check my rating immediately after every trips.
doesn't always work that way...remember riders have probably about 7days I think so, to rate you, so u never can be sure who rated you but u can assume
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:18am On Feb 18, 2018
Riders can only rate you if you start the trip, so if you just cancelled then your poor rating is definitely not from that particular rider
lekanlaniyan:
Good day all, I was in the filling station from 3am to 7:30am before I could buy fuel.

I got a request around 8:30am( sleep still dey eye).

I went to pick the rider going to Airport from Katampe extension estate(Abuja). The cost was #3,000.00. I humbly Begged we do the trip offline and we bargained for #4,500.00.

I explained y we should do it offline. 1. I can't pick a rider from airport. 2. The fee is too small 3. The stress of sleeping in the filling station to buy fuel.

She agreed and we cancelled the trip. When I check my rating, she gave me 3 star .

Always pray to meet riders with good heart.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:18am On Feb 18, 2018
IlorinBoy1:

I asked to him to drive it and tell me his thoughts, he said it may be linkeage and suspension. (Fortunately, I just changed my linkeage). I said no, that he should check the brake pad, that it's not held in place properly (too much room). We loosened the tires and found the two thin u-shaped metal plate holding the brake pads in place were loose. He then said he'll do sth about it, but didn't want to tell me what he wanted to do. Lo and behold! He wanted to pack it with paper. Lol. But we later packed it Sha, cos I didn't have 3k to change the metal plates , poor me.

problem is not the meta plates, but the brakepad . The length of the pad is shorter than actual design by about 0.5cm

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Haderbayor123: 10:18am On Feb 18, 2018
Baddest grin grin

ridwanadedapo:
So I picked this lady on this day from Lekki to somewhere in Ajah and during the trip she told me I will have to wait for her and take her to Airport Omo I happy, I told her I will charge her 1k per hour as waiting fee and she was like is that part of Uber terms I said na this is Naija Uber terms are designed for Yankee people and she laughed meanwhile during her conversation While on phone I heard when she said it will be hard to get Uber from her house then I tapped to that. when we got to Ajah I told her Pls be fast ma she said just 30mins, Fam 30mins turns 2 hours and still waiting. Me I Dey check my other phone to see if surge go dey. Like play like play this mad 2.0 surge just came from no where, I just cancelled this trip gbam and screenshot the trip fee and I called her to inform her Uber just ended the trip cos I spend more than 2 hours on this trip already and she came out, I politely explained that stuff and I told her to request me again so I won’t get request from other rider, madam just request and na 2.1 surge she didn’t even know not until we got to Airport, her total fare was around 17k. In whatever we do, no one will tell you everything instead you need to develop yourself more. I don’t joke when it comes to money and I will give you value for your money. Never settle for less. Love you all
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 10:43am On Feb 18, 2018
hello peeps.i got a message from Uber about having a high number of cancelled trips and am wondering cos at least 4 of those cancelled trips were rider no shows and i noticed it increased immeditely after the last one so please what do i do...no be my fault say rider no show na??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 10:46am On Feb 18, 2018
IlorinBoy1:

I asked to him to drive it and tell me his thoughts, he said it may be linkeage and suspension. (Fortunately, I just changed my linkeage). I said no, that he should check the brake pad, that it's not held in place properly (too much room). We loosened the tires and found the two thin u-shaped metal plate holding the brake pads in place were loose. He then said he'll do sth about it, but didn't want to tell me what he wanted to do. Lo and behold! He wanted to pack it with paper. Lol. But we later packed it Sha, cos I didn't have 3k to change the metal plates, poor me.

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:13am On Feb 18, 2018
Yesterday was a miracle. I went to apapa and came back unhurt... After rider begged and assured me there wont be traffic and the roads to marine road were all dry.. Lol. And as i was finding my way out of the trap another request popped in... Straight to ketu. What a day!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ice4u999(m): 11:24am On Feb 18, 2018
Carshopper:

Very true

No kia rio ni? 2007-2011?

No good deal yet. The ones I see are just rediculosly priced but my eye still open
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 12:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
ice4u999:

No good deal yet. The ones I see are just rediculosly priced but my eye still open

Haba ... check salvage auction broda.... Copart n iaai ...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omonla10(m): 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
slamstanlee:
Yesterday was a miracle. I went to apapa and came back unhurt... After rider begged and assured me there wont be traffic and the roads to marine road were all dry.. Lol. And as i was finding my way out of the trap another request popped in... Straight to ketu. What a day!
apapa, if u know ur way is not that bad.. And I can assure ull get requests max 5mins cos uber/taxify are most likely not available there.. Anytime I get a trip to apapa, na double double... I know this maybe because I work at tincan

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 12:17pm On Feb 18, 2018
mployer:

Thanks bro

Welcome sir. I can teach you how to use Google maps for ehailing ... you will be able to navigate anywhere once you use your good customer service skills to request drop off location from your rider. It will take about 3 hours and will cost you nothing. Just reach out to me when you are ready
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mployer(m): 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
nitigriti:

Welcome sir. I can teach you how to use Google maps for ehailing ... you will be able to navigate anywhere once you use your good customer service skills to request drop off location from your rider. It will take about 3 hours and will cost you nothing. Just reach out to me when you are ready

OK Bro. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emekayoung(m): 12:34pm On Feb 18, 2018
Romeo3:
Unless you do not want to be waitlisted and eventually blacklisted, perfect rating is a must. Uber/Taxify will block you without seeing your car. They base their judgement on rider ratings.

ignore at your own risk.
Your head dey there. Intact u get two heads...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
iyaegin:
hello peeps.i got a message from Uber about having a high number of cancelled trips and am wondering cos at least 4 of those cancelled trips were rider no shows and i noticed it increased immeditely after the last one so please what do i do...no be my fault say rider no show na??
Always call rider to cancel.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ice4u999(m): 2:58pm On Feb 18, 2018
Carshopper:

Haba ... check salvage auction broda.... Copart n iaai ...

Thanks for letting me in on this o. You know I never knew of a place like this till now. It has always been regal auctions and a second one in Edmonton.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 3:42pm On Feb 18, 2018
ice4u999:

Thanks for letting me in on this o. You know I never knew of a place like this till now. It has always been regal auctions and a second one in Edmonton.

grin... check and bring ur Cars make we put them under management grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by KceeK: 4:31pm On Feb 18, 2018
Uber driver wanted, with uber/taxify experience. 2 verifiable guarantors. Rental payment of 40k a week. Car is Camry 2.2 (Spider Light). Interested driver will be required to make upfront payment to show commitment. Driver should reside around Ijesha, Surulere and it environs. Whatsapp 07067974536
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

problem is not the meta plates, but the brakepad . The length of the pad is shorter than actual design by about 0.5cm
Hello sir.

People like my trouble sha.

https://www.nairaland.com/3999593/diary-uber-driver/2#65171602

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (5684) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.