Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5076) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4722457 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5073) (5074) (5075) (5076) (5077) (5078) (5079) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2022
pope191:

Hope you've been able to sought this out boss?

Sorted it out but in severe pains. 30k just go like that.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2022
Dailyparrot:

Can you give a better description of the road that you plied.

The bridge that leads to Murtala Mohammed way (Tejuosho market)?

Yep. The moment you descend that bridge, I took a U-turn. Saw people taking it didn't know it was just military personnel.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2022
northbird:

Try and negotiate with them. You actually took one way, there's a no U turn sign by the descent of the flyover.

It has been sorted out, though. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
saysugar:
that's what scaring me about the car, I want to be sure if it's CVT
Go to YouTube and watch review
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:46pm On Dec 05, 2022
Omoapena:

The bolded part has always been my dreaded fear, reason why I have been putting all the returns I get to make sure the car stays in good condition pending the agreement duration, cuz i know if the car is in good condition, there will be no room for default...

Praying I go through this without mental and physical stress cuz its getting unbearable for me TBH...
I know it's not easy but for the sake of unforseen circumstances, try to have at least (it can be more) a month remittance saved and forgotten somewhere just as a lifeline. You will just be paying him from the savings till you get back on the road and return the amount you spent from the savings then continue with your normal life. This kind of partner will be waiting for the slightest error from your side to collect the car back, be 2 steps ahead

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:49pm On Dec 05, 2022
Crvrider:

Sorry boss... this too shall pass.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:51pm On Dec 05, 2022
Pearl1910:

Did u pay upfront for this car? If yes, then business is business. You have bought that car, only that u r paying the balance in installments. That's d reason u r paying almost double the price of the car.
It's no longer his car.
Even if he didn't pay a dime upfront, HP agreement means he has sold the car and agreed to collect his money in installments. The way the car can become his own back is IF AND ONLY IF the driver defaults.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2022
Dailyparrot:

This is confusing

The one at jibowu going to Yaba phase 1 through the Underbridge is the one that right side leads to empire road that connects Ojuelegba by the left and Mushin by the right.

If it's this one, then you can make a U-turn but at the second turning.

If it's the one that climbs the bridge to Yaba phase 1 directly instead of passing under it to face the traffic light, I am still trying to understand where the person that made a U-turn there was trying to head to.
I think it's the one that leads to yaba left. That side that they're doing road construction
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2022
SHOOPSYN:
Mobil Ogba selling fuel. Queue is fair. Please, about the HP guy and his partner. What is the worse case scenario for the driver if he refused to drop the car or his partner refused to drop something for the 2 weeks to make use of the car. Can his partner withdraw the car and cancel the agreement. How will the law play out Incase he decided to go rough on the driver?
HP agreement can only be cancelled by him returning all money he has collected from the driver, that's assuming it's even stated in the agreement otherwise he CAN NOT COLLECT the car back, but if the driver defaults, he will see shege grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 6:39pm On Dec 05, 2022
Good day house

Please I need where I can put full nylon sticker on my bumper both front and back. I don't want to repaint it,every inspection I usually repaint my bumper.
And is it cheeper to painting
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
deedee44:

Even if he didn't pay a dime upfront, HP agreement means he has sold the car and agreed to collect his money in installments. The way the car can become his own back is IF AND ONLY IF the driver defaults.

Why I asked is just to be sure he has bragging rights. Cos he said partner was going emotional on him.
Sometimes, maybe the partner just out of pity or consideration didn't collect down payment. If that's the case, atleast he should just sacrifice and pay back the kindness.

Asides that, business is business. It's at his own discretion.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2022
Crvrider:

Chaiiii...sorry man
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2022
Eyinola1:
ino even see anything to read grin be like na people wey dey use iPhone go summarise for us ooo, this bidding hope no b millions millions shaa grin

I doubt say na millions.... But I hope it will be cheap. I'll try and see if I can get the reserve prices tomorrow
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

I doubt say na millions.... But I hope it will be cheap. I'll try and see if I can get the reserve prices tomorrow
send me mail make we see if we see car there...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 11:18pm On Dec 05, 2022
obinoral1179:
send me mail make we see if we see car there...

Okay.... Sent
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 2:30am On Dec 06, 2022
Crvrider:

Yep. The moment you descend that bridge, I took a U-turn. Saw people taking it didn't know it was just military personnel.

That was a serious one. I never expected anyone to take a U-turn there because the one way is too obvious.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dyomik: 5:46am On Dec 06, 2022
Hi Guys,please i need your opinion on an issue.

There is this Corolla 06 bought and registered in 2021. It is still clean and i wish to buy it for Uber Business and interstate travels but the seller couldn't find the customs paper. Please guys,what do you advise,can i go ahead to buy it,base on your experiences,do u think I will have issues on the road with Law Enforcement Agents for a 2006 car or is there anyway around it?

I need your advise please,thanks and i will be reading the comments.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:26am On Dec 06, 2022
Dyomik:

There is this Corolla 06 bought and registered in 2021. It is still clean and i wish to buy it for Uber Business and interstate travels but the seller couldn't find the customs paper. Please guys,what do you advise,can i go ahead to buy it,base on your experiences,do u think I will have issues on the road with Law Enforcement Agents for a 2006 car or is there anyway around it?

You don't really need the cutom papers. Nobody will ask for custom papers for a 16 year old car except the custom officer just wants to be wicked.

Although, normally u need it to do change of ownership but u can still achieve that without the custom papers.

The only challenge I see is the fact that you will be traveling interstate regularly and probably with a new plate number. You will definitely be stopped by customs if u encounter them in d first six months of doing that new number.

So either u avoid traveling out of Lagos or u leave the car. If u must buy it be sure he is d owner and negotiate d price downwards because of the missing custom papers. Plus he must leave the plates for you should you decide not to do change if ownership.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:58am On Dec 06, 2022
Dyomik:

Seller can't find it or they don't have. Last year here.
Take details from the "allocation of number plate" document. (without customs, they won't allocate number)

Take the details from there. Go to Asycuda (the department for payment portal at customs). Go and verify the details, they will print out a summary 2 page of the transaction with stamp.. If it exists.
Should cost you like 3-5k. Go yourself, don't delegate it.

There's no custom officer on the road that argues with verification from Asycuda.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:00am On Dec 06, 2022
Pearl1910:

Why I asked is just to be sure he has bragging rights. Cos he said partner was going emotional on him.
Sometimes, maybe the partner just out of pity or consideration didn't collect down payment. If that's the case, atleast he should just sacrifice and pay back the kindness.

Asides that, business is business. It's at his own discretion.
Oh I get it. You're right
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:08am On Dec 06, 2022
My wife birthed our son this morning. Got married Nov 26, baby came today Dec 6.
I bless God.

Anywhere una see me like this, make una dash me money grin cry (owo ti ku waso, money don remain #50 for account grin )

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Baker77: 10:11am On Dec 06, 2022
ReadaDream:
My wife birthed our son this morning. Got married Nov 26, baby came today Dec 6.
I bless God.

Anywhere una see me like this, make una dash me money grin cry (owo ti ku waso, money don remain #50 for account grin )
Congratulations chief..

May God bless the child.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:14am On Dec 06, 2022
ReadaDream:
I bless God.

Congratulations boss... I'll delegate the money thing to Obinoral

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 10:16am On Dec 06, 2022
ReadaDream:
I bless God.

Ahhhhh! What a way to end the year! A lovely blessing. Congrats bro.... My salute to mother and child.

U got married Nov 26 and baby came Dec 6..... E no reach one month oooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:43am On Dec 06, 2022
ReadaDream:
I bless God.

God is great. Congratulations!!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:51am On Dec 06, 2022
ReadaDream:
I bless God.

Congrats chief
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:10am On Dec 06, 2022
ReadaDream:
I bless God.

Congratulations Chief...mother and child are preserved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:28am On Dec 06, 2022
ReadaDream:
I bless God.

Congratulations sir. Many more to follow
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kchris007(m): 11:51am On Dec 06, 2022
Crvrider:

@Crvrider Please can I get your number? I want to ask questions about CRV
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eyinola1: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2022
mejai:

Ahhhhh! What a way to end the year! A lovely blessing. Congrats bro.... My salute to mother and child. E no reach 2 weeks bro grin

U got married Nov 26 and baby came Dec 6..... E no reach one month oooo.
e no reach 2 weeks bro grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:33pm On Dec 06, 2022
Eyinola1:
e no reach 2 weeks bro grin grin

cheesy someone can not born again in peace like this... small time una go ask if nah rider. Is she a rider?

Well! My people say we look at present situation while naming a child. If you ask me, I'll say

Chukwukabolt, Boltumininu or Surgelabi since its December period

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dharmie13(f): 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2022
Please anyone with scanner around agege abule egba....I need to check my car

(1) (2) (3) ... (5073) (5074) (5075) (5076) (5077) (5078) (5079) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: MrCarter577(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.