Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4721462 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5123) (5124) (5125) (5126) (5127) (5128) (5129) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Snrman1: 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2023

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
pope191:
Drivers on Indrive nah una go tire cheesy shey nah to deh carry trips anyhow

Wednesday evening at Allen was very funny ,you need to see those ladies around Allen were still quoting the usual low fares,.... I was just laughing, some of them quoting with two different accounts after no response ..
Drivers were not available to pick them or refused...

Pope,But what's going to happen if official per litre hits like #280-300... ? Cos gbese dey ground for the new incoming government..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 11:02pm On Jan 19, 2023
Snrman1:

Yeah roght! mobil mushin stopped selling this afternoon, then increased price to185.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 11:16pm On Jan 19, 2023
desmondDessi:

Please I've been meaning to ask this. When I got my car, the coolant was a green liquid then when I got my AC fixed they had the coolant poured out. Ever since that time I've been using water, that's over months ago. I want to ask, what was the green liquid for? Now that I'm using water, no issues. But I'd love to know the difference

Water will eventually cause rust issues and you'll have to replace your radiator. You should revert to coolant while you can.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:04am On Jan 20, 2023
mejai:

Hmmn! Trouble dey sleep, inyanga wan resurrect am grin

As for the kazeems, hell no go open doors for them. Some dey add well water with debris (ropes) inside. No time!!
Bring it on, what's man without vawulence.
I want trouble
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:45am On Jan 20, 2023
northbird:

Wednesday evening at Allen was very funny ,you need to see those ladies around Allen were still quoting the usual low fares,.... I was just laughing, some of them quoting with two different accounts after no response ..
Drivers were not available to pick them or refused...

Pope,But what's going to happen if official per litre hits like #280-300... ? Cos gbese dey ground for the new incoming government..

Seem rider's determines the shift in price in this business. Regardless of the fuel issue, it looks like rider's are not much today. The way drivers are dragging 1300 trip. I really suffered today, tho met my target but with more input.

Boss, subsidy have to go, FG can't keep borrowing to subsidise fuel. The only problem here is the presure will be intense, because will actually don't have any refinery that is working up to optimal. Maybe Otunba Dangote, the chief monopolist is about to start his own before June. This one they are doing is just to test the water. Eventually they will keep increasing pump price and the people will be adjusting to the new price without any fuss. After this fist for 2 months, if they increase it to 185 as rumoured, I'm sure we are all going to accept the new price in good faith cheesy

Almost everything has increase by 100% or more. Name it! Bag or pure water from 150k/250k. Malt of 150k/300k. Olosho 20k is now 50k. We'll survive, they used to be a time biscuit was sold for 1 naira.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 1:10am On Jan 20, 2023
Omoapena:

Brother, there's no way you can earn 95k with 11500 fuel, make people no dey bobo you, even if you do only surge trip, you still can't make that, highest go be like 75k or 80k if your car fuel consumption is good...
sad sad sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 7:32am On Jan 20, 2023
pope191:

Seem rider's determines the shift in price in this business. Regardless of the fuel issue, it looks like rider's are not much today. The way drivers are dragging 1300 trip. I really suffered today, tho met my target but with more input.

Boss, subsidy have to go, FG can't keep borrowing to subsidise fuel. The only problem here is the presure will be intense, because will actually don't have any refinery that is working up to optimal. Maybe Otunba Dangote, the chief monopolist is about to start his own before June. This one they are doing is just to test the water. Eventually they will keep increasing pump price and the people will be adjusting to the new price without any fuss. After this fist for 2 months, if they increase it to 185 as rumoured, I'm sure we are all going to accept the new price in good faith cheesy

Almost everything has increase by 100% or more. Name it! Bag or pure water from 150k/250k. Malt of 150k/300k. Olosho 20k is now 50k. We'll survive, they used to be a time biscuit was sold for 1 naira.

If they are no measures taken by the clueless government , hunger go kill people. Salary no increase yet everything dey go up up. Maybe by then bag of rice go be 100K.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:56am On Jan 20, 2023
YeyeGbami:

If they are no measures taken by the clueless government , hunger go kill people. Salary no increase yet everything dey go up up. Maybe by then bag of rice go be 100K.

Boss, barely any of the leaders will make perfect impact. We all have been the problem from the onset. We are consuming nation and barely export anything. We import matches and even toothpick. See the way UK is ripping us off in the name of education, but we call it Japa. Why the sudden access to UK once you have the money? Brexit! Modern slave trade (no flinch if you see me in such train too, only me no fit save naija). All these phones they are importing, even hair from india, what's the value to our economy? Our ostentatious way of lifestyle will eventually be our doom, no gain saying.

Custom duties has been one of the thing saving this country. The more we import, the more they increase tariff and the more our naira remains weak, the more things get harder.

Everyone should have farm at the back of their yard... it's a necessity now.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 8:30am On Jan 20, 2023
E be like e get where Indrive drivers dey buy their fuel on time and at normal price..
If I no see 1.9 surge on bolt, I go dey my house o

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 8:42am On Jan 20, 2023
pope191:

Why now? angry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Resurgent2016: 10:56am On Jan 20, 2023
desmondDessi:

Please I've been meaning to ask this. When I got my car, the coolant was a green liquid then when I got my AC fixed they had the coolant poured out. Ever since that time I've been using water, that's over months ago. I want to ask, what was the green liquid for? Now that I'm using water, no issues. But I'd love to know the difference

Rust and anti-freeze. Water in the radiator will freeze during winter
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:32pm On Jan 20, 2023
pope191:

Boss, barely any of the leaders will make perfect impact. We all have been the problem from the onset. We are consuming nation and barely export anything. We import matches and even toothpick. See the way UK is ripping us off in the name of education, but we call it Japa. Why the sudden access to UK once you have the money? Brexit! Modern slave trade (no flinch if you see me in such train too, only me no fit save naija). All these phones they are importing, even hair from india, what's the value to our economy? Our ostentatious way of lifestyle will eventually be our doom, no gain saying.

Custom duties has been one of the thing saving this country. The more we import, the more they increase tariff and the more our naira remains weak, the more things get harder.

Everyone should have farm at the back of their yard... it's a necessity now.

All these things u mentioned, if produced at a good quality in Nigeria will still be bought by Nigerians. How many people can afford a 14m naira bag?

U see, d problem is not Nigerians but the system, and the people in government who are supposed to make quality changes to improve the lives of citizens.

Are Nigerians not attending private schools where u have to pay millions as school fees?

Are Nigerians not patronizing local businesses that are giving them value for their money?

The basis is that I will not buy Nigerian rice 50k when I can get the imported counterpart for 40k. Sorry, it's just common sense. Doesn't mean I don't like made in Nigeria.
I will not also buy poor quality Nigerian rice for 20k when I can get a good quality foreign rice for 30k.

The common sense is that locally produced goods are supposed to be cheaper than imported goods at same quality. Then allow people to buy based on luxury or affordability.

So the job of the government is to provide quality living standards at an affordable price. Or make sure anyone offering the services are giving it at the best price possible.

But in Nigeria, u have a govt and regulatory bodies increasing tarrif and prices of services as if they are there to make profit. They will collude with industry players or business owners to swindle the consumers. Even when a company comes from outside to sell at a particular price, it's same govt officials that will make them increase the price.

The problem is not with ordinary Nigerians but with people in power, the privileged, the elites and the politicians.
So if we have just one man in an important position who wants to make a change things will turn around for good. He may not turn everything overnight but can put Nigeria in a trajectory that will pay off in 20yrs if followed judiciously.
By providing the enabling environment for life, and businesses to thrive.
Nigeria is a great nation, all we need to prosper and be one of the most powerful countries in the world.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 12:54pm On Jan 20, 2023
Good day, everyone

It's been awhile I last commented.

I want to say thank you to everyone for your support once again. We really appreciate you all.

I'm back on my feet. Healthy, same as my wife.

We have been going for job interviews, and still hoping to get an offer.

However, I have decided to hit the streets of lagos since my online programing skill is not paying off at the moment.

And so far last week driving on bolt. I am very lucky and blessed with surges and tips.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 12:56pm On Jan 20, 2023
Tgiirl:
Good day, everyone

I want to say thank you to everyone for your support once again. We really appreciate you all.

However, I have decided to hit the streets of lagos since my online programing skill is not paying off at the moment.

And so far last week driving on bolt. I am very lucky and blessed with surges and tips.

Inside winter!!! You are doing well.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 1:03pm On Jan 20, 2023
I know , some of us here gave me an advise not to drive on bolt. But I have to for some reasons whic I will state below:

1. I can nolonger keep receiving gift cos I'm now healthy and fit to work.

2. I have not gotten a good job back after several interviews and the few who sent an offer letter has a poor renumeration.

3. I have to start work as soon as possible to feed my home and pay my bills.

4. Last e-hailing is the closest I can do pending the time I get a job and it also give me time to be able to continue perfecting my programming skill.

Thanks you All

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2023
Tgiirl:
I know , some of us here gave me an advise not to drive on bolt. But I have to for some reasons whic I will state below:

2. I have not gotten a good job back after several interviews and the few who sent an offer letter has a poor renumeration.

4. Last e-hailing is the closest I can do pending the time I get a job and it also give me time to be able to continue perfecting my programming skill.

Thanks you All

What programming language are you into?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seekhimnow: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2023
Tgiirl:
Good day, everyone

Wow, welcome back. I read your story.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2023
Tgiirl:
Good day, everyone

Wow! Welcome bro! You're doing well
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seyicodes(m): 2:06pm On Jan 20, 2023
Will bolt block my account if my driver's license expired?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2023
seyicodes:
Will bolt block my account if my driver's license expired?
They won't remember
grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2023
Crvrider:

What programming language are you into?

Javascript only for now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obuneme: 4:26pm On Jan 20, 2023
Tgiirl:

Thanks you All
It's really nice that you are doing well for yourself.

Please what model of car do u use?
I'm considering getting matrix or corolla
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:10pm On Jan 20, 2023
mejai:

Why now? angry

Ehn nah... when last you patronise one?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:42pm On Jan 20, 2023
Pearl1910:

All these things u mentioned, if produced at a good quality in Nigeria will still be bought by Nigerians. How many people can afford a 14m naira bag?

U see, d problem is not Nigerians but the system, and the people in government who are supposed to make quality changes to improve the lives of citizens.

Are Nigerians not attending private schools where u have to pay millions as school fees?

Are Nigerians not patronizing local businesses that are giving them value for their money?

The basis is that I will not buy Nigerian rice 50k when I can get the imported counterpart for 40k. Sorry, it's just common sense. Doesn't mean I don't like made in Nigeria.
I will not also buy poor quality Nigerian rice for 20k when I can get a good quality foreign rice for 30k.

The common sense is that locally produced goods are supposed to be cheaper than imported goods at same quality. Then allow people to buy based on luxury or affordability.

So the job of the government is to provide quality living standards at an affordable price. Or make sure anyone offering the services are giving it at the best price possible.

But in Nigeria, u have a govt and regulatory bodies increasing tarrif and prices of services as if they are there to make profit. They will collude with industry players or business owners to swindle the consumers. Even when a company comes from outside to sell at a particular price, it's same govt officials that will make them increase the price.

The problem is not with ordinary Nigerians but with people in power, the privileged, the elites and the politicians.
So if we have just one man in an important position who wants to make a change things will turn around for good. He may not turn everything overnight but can put Nigeria in a trajectory that will pay off in 20yrs if followed judiciously.
By providing the enabling environment for life, and businesses to thrive.
Nigeria is a great nation, all we need to prosper and be one of the most powerful countries in the world.

When we use the world the system and people in government? It get me skeptical. These people did they just get to power or did we vote them into office? Who is government? Who are the leaders of tomorrow? All the activist that once fought for the people and clinch power, what did they do differently?

If care is not taken the next sets of political leaders will be worst. Do you know the number of fraudsters going into politics today? How do you tell someone that made name, money in an ill gotten manner and dabbles into politics that politics money is not that free. On the second tought, is the money not a free one? How much are these folks running for president spend today? Learnt they may spend close to 50b. Please on who's account? Atiku has been running since 1993 and you think if he eventually wins, he won't recover lost funds.

Back to people paying millions for school. I think we should learn not to generalise things. No gain saying we are at the brink of madness in this country. Our minimum wage is nothing to write home about. Those paying millions for school, where are they getting it from? We have too many ill gotten and dubious wealth in the society and nobody cares. Check everyone around you living big, 80% of them; you barely know what they do for a living. Can someone getting 400k a month send someone to a school where millions is been paid? To rent mini flat today, you will need a salary of 500k to be able to service that. Do we put that on government too?

On not buying local products... rice is not the only food will have, if our government want a good rice, they should know what it takes to produce a good fine rice. We have other food we can key into and they come cheap. We used to export cocoa, what went wrong? We have other mineral resources. An average Nigerian takes pleasure in buga and oppression. That is how we are wired, including me. I don't think I have anything made in Nigeria. From wine, to clothes to watches... nah confirm grin go to Benin and see the way those people rock their Ankara. Our culture is already eroded. Even ordinary bricklayers, we prefer Togolese and Ghanaian to our people. This get rich and ostentatious lifestyle has eaten us deep! deep!! You can't get an ordinary electrician again, they are all driving on Bolt platform now or into scamming grin

Boss, I think we all share this blame... the government is the people and the people the government.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:46pm On Jan 20, 2023
Tgiirl:
Good day, everyone

You are doing well boss. Nice to hear you are picking fine. More strength boss

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2023
Pls any idea the price of ORIGINAL transmission oil for corolla 06 and where i can get it....PLS
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2023
obuneme:

It's really nice that you are doing well for yourself.

Please what model of car do u use?
I'm considering getting matrix or corolla

I'm using old 04 camry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 7:04pm On Jan 20, 2023
Tgiirl:

Thanks you All

If I may ask what role are you looking at? Will it be out of place to ask for your salary range?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RaptObserver: 8:23pm On Jan 20, 2023
Comrades I need a review on Pontiac vibe 2005-2007. Is it very suitable for this hustle?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
skillip:

If I may ask what role are you looking at? Will it be out of place to ask for your salary range?

Facility Manager ( 150k - 250k)

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 9:52pm On Jan 20, 2023
RaptObserver:
Comrades I need a review on Pontiac vibe 2005-2007. Is it very suitable for this hustle?

Yes, it is

(1) (2) (3) ... (5123) (5124) (5125) (5126) (5127) (5128) (5129) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.