Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4707276 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5168) (5169) (5170) (5171) (5172) (5173) (5174) ... (5681) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Djdamian:

I just dey greet my oga that's all and I was also wondering if it's allowed to sell parts in a car that's still on hire purchase without the knowledge and consent of the owner of the vehicle.

Depends on your contract...so refer back to your contract.
Moreover u aren't sure it's the parts in ur car that he is selling. So if u suspect, u can call for inspection of your car or u check it at the regular scheduled inspection time.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2023
Pearl1910:

Depends on your contract...so refer back to your contract.
Moreover u aren't sure it's the parts in ur car that he is selling. So if u suspect, u can call for inspection of your car or u check it at the regular scheduled inspection time.

It is the part of the vehicle. And nothing in the contract says such. So I am asking again, is it allowed ?please pardon my ignorance on this business cos it seems I don't understand it.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 1:11pm On Mar 21, 2023
tojahh:

Oh my Oga. You sef follow see am too.

We dey here dey watch

God no go shame us ooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 1:20pm On Mar 21, 2023
Wahala

Problem back to back...

Normally, if car parts is bad, won't you change it so it doesn't hinder your work?

Secondly, the parts changed, its either you dispose or you sell as Nigerian used if its still good and in this case, the parts are still good and as for the tyres and rims, I already changed the 5 from 15inches that came with the car to 16inches

I changed it again all because I bought alloy rims and I changed it with the tyres of which Normally, the tyres formerly in the car isn't bad.
So I felt instead of disposing it away, it will still be useful to someone who has worn out tyres...

I don't know why my partner always misinterpret everything, I'm not owing you, and I'm always praying to complete your money so as to finalize the business.

What exactly is his fear in selling changed parts

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 1:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Djdamian:

It is the part of the vehicle. And nothing in the contract says such. So I am asking again, is it allowed ?please pardon my ignorance on this business cos it seems I don't understand it.

It is normal for him to change faulty parts, no be rental wey be say him go come meet you say break disk spoil or tires spoil make you bring money for replacement. In that case you fit ask am to bring the faulty parts and do whatever you want with it.

In the case of HP , if parts go bad he needs to fix it asap and get back on the road. He can do whatever he wants with the old parts.

If you feel maybe he didn’t buy quality parts, ask him to bring the vehicle and you inspect the changed parts. There is no big deal here.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nurey(m): 1:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
Conner44:

Okay. I also passed it to my cousin and he wants to use it strictly for interstate travel from Lag to east.

Vehicle is for hire. Owner is going to drive not dropping it for 3rd party. He has free time and has decided to run partial car hire services
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 1:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
nurey:

Vehicle is for hire. Owner is going to drive not dropping it for 3rd party. He has free time and has decided to run partial car hire services

Oh I understand now.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2023
YeyeGbami:

It is normal for him to change faulty parts, no be rental wey be say him go come meet you say break disk spoil or tires spoil make you bring money for replacement. In that case you fit ask am to bring the faulty parts and do whatever you want with it.

In the case of HP , if parts go bad he needs to fix it asap and get back on the road. He can do whatever he wants with the old parts.

If you feel maybe he didn’t buy quality parts, ask him to bring the vehicle and you inspect the changed parts. There is no big deal here.

The parts aren't faulty sir. I am asking if one one can sell parts of a vehicle on a hire purchase without notice of the owner
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2023
Djdamian:

The parts aren't faulty sir. I am asking if one one can sell parts of a vehicle on a hire purchase without notice of the owner

How did you know they aren't faulty, because I want to sell it then it means they aren't faulty...

Lolz

You are just one hell of a problematic person, I will soon be free from your unnecessary threats....

I bought brand new brake disc for 35k, even tho the one in the car is still manageable, and mind you, the reason why it's still manageable was because I've done surfacing for it twice and I felt doing surfacing and spending 7k every 4months isn't wise then I decided to get the new one and sell off to someone who might still find it useful since it's still manageable....

Any small thing, you're coming to say you will collect the car, chai....

You're asking if selling of parts in HP is right, so if I'm not comfortable with a certain part, won't I change it and if I change it, whether the one removed is bad or good, won't I dispose it one way or other....

I then ask you if you want me to start bringing the changed parts to you and do whatever you want with it, but you didn't respond...

Cuz i don't get how changing and selling of parts affects your own weekly delivery...

And also, what will be the Essence of the notice

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
Pope191

Wetin I tell you??

Ara adugbo... Wahala TU de o.

Zazu... O por leti

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hybrid600: 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣
You be pure werey!

tojahh:
Pope191

Wetin I tell you??

Zazu... O por leti

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:08pm On Mar 21, 2023
Djdamian:

For the sake of next time, include that "upgrades or changes to the body and structure of the car cannot be made without permission and approval from partner".
Although in this case I guess he has replaced these parts and disposing the old ones, so u have nothing to worry. In d event where he defaults then u have gained alloy wheels as against iron wheels that where in the car. But if u put Android DVD in d car for instance, it means ur driver can remove that and sell and replace with a normal car stereo and u lose when the contract fails. So to avoid gains or loses just put it in your contract going forward.

If I were the driver-partner even though I upgrade the vehicle, I will keep everything that came with the car somewhere until I finish paying for the car.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 4:09pm On Mar 21, 2023
tojahh:
Pope191

Wetin I tell you??

Zazu... O por leti

Lolz

God will see me through this...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 4:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
Pearl1910:

For the sake of next time, include that "upgrades or changes to the body and structure of the car cannot be made without permission and approval from partner".
Although in this case I guess he has replaced these parts and disposing the old ones, so u have nothing to worry. In d event where he defaults then u have gained allow wheels as against iron wheels that where in the car. But if u put Android DVD in d car for instance, it means ur driver can remove that and sell and replace with a normal car stereo and u lose when the contract fails. So to avoid gains or loses just put it in your contract going forward.

If I were the driver-partner even though I upgrade the vehicle, I will keep everything that came with the car somewhere until I finish paying for the car.

To be honest, I had the intention of keeping it but then, I thought, of what use will it be if I kept it since I've gotten new one that will last 2yearz...

I never knew he will take an issue from that...

As the case is rn, I'm keeping the brake disc

Whoever needs 16rim tyre and rim can come for it, I believe he can't create drama for tyre I bought since the one the car came with from US had expired which I believe he won't expect me to use for the duration of the HP....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
Omoapena:

To be honest, I had the intention of keeping it but then, I thought of what use will it be if I kept it since I've gotten new one that will last 2yearz...

I never knew he will take an issue from that...

As the case is rn, I'm keeping the brake disc

Whoever needs 16rim tyre and rim can come for it, I believe he can't create drama for tyre I bought since the one the car came with from US had expired which I believe he won't expect me to use for the duration of the HP....

Just apply wisdom in all u do, and also know that this world is not good. Alot of evil is happening, on a norms u shouldn't p!mp car on HP before your partners eye will start entering d car and look for means to get it back.

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by okey4reel(m): 7:20pm On Mar 21, 2023
HonourablePomk:

Boss I’m a newbie please drop some tips.

I have my own car but I’ve been scared to drive long distance. I haven’t driven to island from mainland since I started sef.

Please drop some words boss

I noticed my car owner seat wind down switch fell inside. It will be one passenger who pressed it and didn’t tell me it fell inside. Not sure I will fix it. Because if I do more people will keep pressing it
You shouldn't be scared to drive long distance, unless you are still learning how to drive.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
tojahh:
Pope191

Wetin I tell you??

Zazu... O por leti

I kukuma deh observe. Thank my star say I comot body for the pool party, nah report person for they fill for nairaland station like this.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
pope191:

I kukuma deh observe. Thank my star say I comot body for the pool party, nah report person for they fill for nairaland station like this.

By now we would have asked you to leave Lagos (Sorry Nairaland for us, na Yoruba getam) grin

Well nothing spoil.

The owner partner just dey show himself. Except the driver-partner changes the color and plates of the car. He reserved rights to sell or dashed out parts changed from the said vehicle.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kaymax2222: 9:10pm On Mar 21, 2023
Omoapena:
I have iron rim and tyre for sale
4 pieces

205/60 16R

Take the whole 4, Tyre and Rim for 35k

Very good Tyre...

Reach me on 0.9.0780 13561
Location is ilupeju mushin...
I need 1 how much?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 9:30pm On Mar 21, 2023
The day this HP deal go end... W go to party for both parties o.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:32pm On Mar 21, 2023
mejai:
The day this HP deal go end... W go to party for both parties o.

Lolz

E go surely end well in sha Allah...

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:35pm On Mar 21, 2023
tojahh:

By now we would have asked you to leave Lagos (Sorry Nairaland for us, na Yoruba getam) grin

Well nothing spoil.

The owner partner just dey show himself. Except the driver-partner changes the color and plates of the car. He reserved rights to sell or dashed out parts changed from the said vehicle.

Well the clause here for me is if the eventual happens and owner have to retrieve. What will the driver do in such stance. Remove the stuffs he bought, ask owner to equate value or see him as an ingrate. I remember a case where police was involved at point of retrieve and driver asked for the money he spent to get a shock and even inflate the money to 70k. Owner claimed he gave him the car in good condition which he admit, so anything he bought while car is in the guy possession is not his business.

So far me I think HP should always be treated as owner's valuable till transfer of ownership and in case of changing unnecessary stuffs like rims, they can both have understanding.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 10:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
Conner44:

You can get over your phobia easily. It will cost you small time and money but will ultimately be worth it.

Go to petrol station. Buy full tank. Open your google map.

Write out a list of 5 popular places you know or hear of in various island towns like VI, Lekki, Lagos island etc and just drive there alone. When you are arriving anywhere near your preset destination (the red pin) on your map you then immediately set the google map to take you to the next location you wrote out. Keep visiting those written destinations and then put your head either home or to the next location depending on the time of day and how motivated you are.

Since you’re not pressured (no passengers) you can be in hold up, follow wrong turns (miss road), memorize routes etc without worrying too much. This will prepare your mind to know the major roads to various locations on the island.

It’s either this way or you learn on the job. Good luck
I learnt on the job,I remember anytime I'm on the island,I will be looking for ride back to mainland but now it's better but I still prefer to work on the mainland than island..... The best way is to ask the passenger for directions and make sure the Google map is on always...

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 10:54pm On Mar 21, 2023
obinoral1179:
I learnt on the job,I remember anytime I'm on the island,I will be looking for ride back to mainland but now it's better but I still prefer to work on the mainland than island..... The best way is to ask the passenger for directions and make sure the Google map is on always ...

Exactly wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HonourablePomk: 11:23pm On Mar 21, 2023
obinoral1179:
I learnt on the job,I remember anytime I'm on the island,I will be looking for ride back to mainland but now it's better but I still prefer to work on the mainland than island..... The best way is to ask the passenger for directions and make sure the Google map is on always...

Thanks guys.

Guess you stay on the mainland. Soo now you don’t accept trip to the island?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
pope191:

Well the clause here for me is if the eventual happens and owner have to retrieve. What will the driver do in such stance. Remove the stuffs he bought, ask owner to equate value or see him as an ingrate. I remember a case where police was involved at point of retrieve and driver asked for the money he spent to get a shock and even inflate the money to 70k. Owner claimed he gave him the car in good condition which he admit, so anything he bought while car is in the guy possession is not his business.

So far me I think HP should always be treated as owner's valuable till transfer of ownership and in case of changing unnecessary stuffs like rims, they can both have understanding.

Exactly why selling the changed parts shouldn't be his business either.

If at the point of retriever if so... The owner will retrieve it in a workable condition. All parts and accessories IN THE CAR at the time remains that of the owner except personal effects.

Changing of Rims is a long call, owner reserved rights to asked the driver not to replaced as this actually isn't hindering his job, But you see Disc and breakpads, driver can change when bad without consulting the owner. It's like saying whenever driver wants to change oil or wash the car, he must consult owner for permission.

Infact make both Driver and Owner partner face front.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 11:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
I will be frequent these days again .
I miss the family here sha.
What exactly do you want to know?
HonourablePomk:

Boss I’m a newbie please drop some tips.

I have my own car but I’ve been scared to drive long distance. I haven’t driven to island from mainland since I started sef.

Please drop some words boss

I noticed my car owner seat wind down switch fell inside. It will be one passenger who pressed it and didn’t tell me it fell inside. Not sure I will fix it. Because if I do more people will keep pressing it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SeyiJay(m): 11:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
Glithronix:

Mistake, bro.
You're making a mistake.
Check the thread well, if you've been following the thread, you should be able to identify the senior men and legends here.
I'm a newbie, on a rental driving, not even HP.
I only share my own experience, not that I'm the same level with the people who lectured me.
I'm still learning the hustle. I'm not yet at the level to be consulted or regarded as a boss.
I'm sure you know the real bosses in the building, they're the ones you should consult.
So sorry, baba, I no dey check my mail like that unless my attention is called to it. I will check and respond.
Much respect, boss.

You're d man, bro! I'm just looking for links / connections to getting a partnership with a car owner on rental basis to return to this hustle! I will however welcome any useful tip. Warm regards, bro. smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 11:52pm On Mar 21, 2023
@bazoo @pope @sydney where are all this people
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:08am On Mar 22, 2023
tojahh:

Exactly why selling the changed parts shouldn't be his business either.

If at the point of retriever if so... The owner will retrieve it in a workable condition. All parts and accessories IN THE CAR at the time remains that of the owner except personal effects.

Changing of Rims is a long call, owner reserved rights to asked the driver not to replaced as this actually isn't hindering his job
, But you see Disc and breakpads, driver can change when bad without consulting the owner. It's like saying whenever driver wants to change oil or wash the car, he must consult owner for permission.

Infact make both Driver and Owner partner face front.

Now you can understand why the selling seem somehow. Driver prefers 16 rims, how about if the owner like his car with the 15 rims and want him to fix it back at point of non-performance? But the rims are long gone.

It is not every clause we stress in agreement. They should both work as driver- partner that wish each other well. This cat and dog race is not worth it. Regard is lacking in whatever they are both doing.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:29am On Mar 22, 2023
tojahh:
This one Djdamian is hmmmm his driver partner post of selling parts, I hope we won't have a tribunal soon.

Pope191
Come and see o. Make I no hear, elders in the house please look into this o grin
Hmmmmmm
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 7:10am On Mar 22, 2023
Readadream

Shey make I carry her or you're on your way already grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5168) (5169) (5170) (5171) (5172) (5173) (5174) ... (5681) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: sandammy(m), Djdamian(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.