Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4725985 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5258) (5259) (5260) (5261) (5262) (5263) (5264) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
this is simply what I've been saying.

But isn't that what we have been doing with 9,500 fuel?

Normally I do minimum 75k with my full tank of N9,500 fuel.
Now full tank is 23k, (difference of 13k) so if I am not making 90k it means my earnings has dropped.
So for me my target is to make extra 13k on every full tank. Bolt is giving 6k bonus daily so without any stress I am still good. Plus even if Bolt bonus isn't there, I know how to cover extra 13k on my full tank l, no be everything person dey talk for public forum.
The goal is not to make double or 164% of what u usually make before, just cover the difference in the fuel and u r good.

I just dey look una wey dey complain, but I no wan put mouth because I know say una go chop me raw. All fingers are not equal Sha. But u just have to be wise!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
Kingstel:
It's same oil the mechanic is using.
How often to service the gear pls?
If your transmission fluid have not change colour, just continue driving like that, Honda dw1 is costly.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
frubben:
For does that are Interested joining Uber and bolt group on whatsapp .

Chat me up

Frubben my guy where have you been ?
Hope no be say u self dey find rental car from mentee ?
Now wey everywhere don red you wan come dey coach drivers grin
You are a suspect grin

I just dey play ooh

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
ReadaDream:
No sir grin

Lolz... grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2023
Gentlelife50:

I just take something here, salary about 180k and 70% drive thier cars.

Might be car loan or official car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pearl1910:

That's what we have been saying, there many things a salary worker can enjoy.
But you won't still agree sha
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:26pm On Jun 02, 2023
Gentlelife50:

That's what we have been saying, there many things a salary worker can enjoy.
But you won't still agree sha

I know say una go wan twist am.
But the way I see it, if a worker on 180k take home can pay off a car loan, why do u guys always try to discourage a driver from doing HP?
What will be left of 180k when u remove car loan again.
Except the person is earning upto 300k and left with 180k after all deductions. So in this case u aren't comparing with a below 200k salary again but 300k and above.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2023
Gentlelife50:

I just take something here, salary about 180k and 70% drive thier cars.

Drivers that are netting 40k everyday, according to the dashboard I see here are still on rental. How many of them can pay 2.5 million for a naija used Corolla.. Something is not right and that is what we should be discussing, not acting as if everything is FINE and be saying people will even make more money.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 5:28pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pearl1910:

NO SIR...it will only take time...many of you have left the office for too long..We get OTHER BENEFIT..I think that is what gentlelife is trying to point out....I have not spent a Kobo on health for my self, wife, kids and parent in 5 yrs...My wife CS earlier this year was 650k, I paid no kobo..what would an Uber driver do if he get an hospital bill of 650k today, he would probably just commit suicide or start bambialla, no joke, just fact!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 5:28pm On Jun 02, 2023
Running the numbers

BOLT SAPA NEW PRICE TEMPLATE

BASE FARE- 517
PER KM- 130
PER/MIN- 23.3

ETA- 35min
Distance- 30km

Ogba Excellence Hotel ---- ADEOLA ODEKU, VICTORIA ISLAND

Fuel @ 25 litres @ 488 - #12,200

FARE ESTIMATE- 517+ (130*30) +(23.3*35)
= 5,232.50
25%COMMISSION = 1,308
Income to driver = # 3,923.

You are going to drive over 90km working FREE for Bolt with ZERO profit before you can recover your fuel cost. (12,200)..
The is the best scenario for Lagos traffic situation,with the new fuel price ,the more traffic time, the more losses you incur driving on Bolt.

The numbers don't lie.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
Itsrm:
Does anyone else think this is just word salad? cheesy How much fuel did you use to make 47k. Simple question

Which one be word salad again
If I laugh too much dem go say I’m irritating and lives in DR Congo grin

Make I just face my work

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by konkoabove: 5:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
pope191:

OK. .. thanks, I've been able to pick the things I need. Obviously it will be hard for anyone living around Berger to keep up. Going to pick a trip at Magodo is a trip on it own, if you get stuck in the berger morning traffic is called this too shall pass.
Why not use bolt for your 1st trip out of berger by setting destination, then start picking quality rides thereafter.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pearl1910:

But the way I see it, if a worker on 180k take home can pay off a car loan, why do u guys always try to discourage a driver from doing HP?
Except the person is earning upto 300k and left with 180k after all deductions. So in this case u aren't comparing with a below 200k salary again but 300k and above.

Someone with a salary of 208,000 only pays 36,000 on car loan for 5 years. Which one is what will be left after they remove car loan?

Sometimes most of the argument here are from a place of ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
dapotemi:

Drivers that are netting 40k everyday, according to the dashboard I see here are still on rental. How many of them can pay 2.5 million for a naija used Corolla.. Something is not right and that is what we should be discussing, not acting as if everything is FINE and be saying people will even make more money.
Bro the thing still dey surprise me, I refused to be confused again.
Let us be Sugarcoating everything naa, see as pearl can almost want to defend ehailing with his life.
Make I dey observe before I discourage somebody
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
If it's that good the increase on fuel pump won't have significant impact on these drivers, but here majority of them are saying they will park car fisrt.
Wahala
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
dapotemi:

NO SIR...it will only take time...many of you have left the office for too long..We get OTHER BENEFIT..I think that is what gentlelife is trying to point out....I have not spent a Kobo on health for my self, wife, kids and parent in 5 yrs...My wife CS earlier this year was 650k, I paid no kobo..what would an Uber driver do if he get an hospital bill of 650k today, he would probably just commit suicide or start bambialla, no joke, just fact!

Too many nonsense from people who don't even do the salary work thinking they know more than those who do it

Like you, I have not spent one naira on hospital bills inclusive of child birth in the last 5 years. And I use one of the best hospitals you can find in town. Just imagine the cumulative hospital bill over 5 years.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
dapotemi:

They are big boys ooo, they will handle it.
grin cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 6:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
dapotemi:

I agree with you but note that the issue on ground is one of survival...What is the average salary of a civil servant Minimum wage is 30k but even till now most state cannot afford it and they can't pay..The problem is, even the civil servant won't be able to go to work..Level 10 in Alausa don't even earn up to 100k.. imagine same person using 1500 for TP everyday..So even if it's a script, how would that person survive...My HR is talking about hybrid now, the truth is it will be difficult to increase salary immediately but what other options do we have. Can we do hybrid, work 3 days a week, two from home, or a week in the office, the second week from home..Next week will be tough in my office...This is where entry level net is about 180k and more than 70% drives their car .....
Level 10 in Alausa goes home every month with nothing less than 300k. Forget about the basic salary they display. Other benefits are available. Don't ask me how I know.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pearl1910:

This man sef before you carry me go where I no know, I didn't say 200k anywhere ooo.
What I said is steady salary, but then I only said even salary earners on 200k are still better than 90% of ehailing drivers but you will never agree.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
Itsrm:

Too many nonsense from people who don't even do the salary work thinking they know more than those who do it

Like you, I have not spent one naira on hospital bills inclusive of child birth in the last 5 years. And I use one of the best hospitals you can find in town. Just imagine the cumulative hospital bill over 5 years.
Make we dey here dey deceive ourselves, I pity people that will quit their jobs because of the so called dashboards they see here.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2023
dapotemi:

Truth is ehaling should be for stop gaps. It is even sweeter if you drive your own car. And this is what I do. When I get better free time from work, I used to do the work like a full time driver.
Since December my approach to the hustle changed. Got a better offer elsewhere. So na to dey do ehaling sparingly. I have been to the Lagoos hospital on the island on several occasions, which will be hard for ehailing guys to afford. Thanks to HMO.
Anything aside side hustle, ehaling doesn't really pay, forget about those saying otherwise. I rest my case. If you like come fight me, I dey my house.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 6:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
Gentlelife50:

Make we dey here dey deceive ourselves, I pity people that will quit their jobs because of the so called dashboards they see here.

It's good we are here to provide a balanced perspective

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 6:16pm On Jun 02, 2023
davit:

Level 10 in Alausa goes home every month with nothing less than 300k. Forget about the basic salary they display. Other benefits are available. Don't ask me how I know.

Hahahah, just STOP IT PLS...No be only 300k.....if you say kickback, maybe and that depends on alot of factors and who and where you belong...Level 15 go be like 700k then...just dey play

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2023
dapotemi:

Hahahah, just STOP IT PLS...No be only 300k.....if you say kickback, maybe and that depends on alot of factors and who and where you belong...Level 15 go be like 700k then...just dey play

Well, I don't know the Alausa you re referring to. If it is the House of Assembly, as level 10 officer, you take home at least 300k per month with all the committees here and there coupled with other allowances. If it is training period, you can imagine take home. Training alone will give you around 150k for that month. Still asking me?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2023
Itsrm:

Someone with a salary of 208,000 only pays 36,000 on car loan for 5 years. Which one is what will be left after they remove car loan?

Honestly, and I repeat it, most of our friends here have left the office for too long.
Let me give you a recent scenerio..My head of operations official car na RX 350; last year he relocated to Canada..Car was retrieve and passed to CFO, not as an official car because he already has one. He's going to pay 3 million for it, duration is 3 years.. His net is almost 2M.
No, office is bad, driving round Lagos is the best! Dey play.
There are loads and loads of benefit..Does it come easy, No.
Again, I'll repeat it, UNLESS there is a significant change in fare, YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE IT!!! If you enter filling station fill Corolla for 23k, e go enter your bone marrow...I am still seeing 900 trip on indriver, na person 3.5 million Corolla go carry am too...Don't sugarcoat this tragedy.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2023
davit:

Well, I don't know the Alausa you re referring to. If it is the House of Assembly, as level 10 officer, you take home at least 300k per month with all the committees here and there coupled with other allowances. If it is training period, you can imagine take home. Training alone will give you around 150k for that month. Still asking me?
Good..Now you're talking about other benefit and pecks of office, positioning...Pls go to the ministry, ask level 10 in lastma, LASHMA, etc what they take home! On a second thought, someone in LASTMA can make 1 million a month tho, but e go be from elsewhere, lol. But am talking about the alert you receive every month from ORACLE.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by carzeem1: 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
dapotemi:

Level 10 in can't be more than 130k. Level 16 like 350k. Only perm sec and directors enjoy good salaries and few agencies with pay thier own pay structure.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
Itsrm:

So it's 1.6million car u will buy? U will get car loan and buy a naija used car??
Cos I don't get what u r calculating now o. Abi isnt there Interest in d loan.

Let assume the type of car u buy is ur business, Now if ur salary is 208k, u remove about 60k
for tax and pension then remove loan repayment of 36k. Abeg wetin remain? U think we didn't work before doing ehailing? Or we don't have siblings and friends who are still working, 8-5? Just don't quote me if u dont have a water tight argument, u think all drivers are thesame.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2023
carzeem1:

Level 10 in can't be more than 130k. Level 16 like 350k. Only perm sec and directors enjoy good salaries and few agencies with pay thier own pay structure.
This is an insider...My brother e no even reach 130k..Sanwo don promise small increase recently tho..we wait.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2023
Gentlelife50:

Bro the thing still dey surprise me, I refused to be confused again.
Let us be Sugarcoating everything naa, see as pearl can almost want to defend ehailing with his life.
Make I dey observe before I discourage somebody
grin

See, this thing is not rocket science. I can't do salary work of less than 400k monthly. I have been saying this since 3years ago. To God be the glory, I know what I have achieved since I left paid employment. So I can't but say how good it has been to me and the potentials for anyone who desires to do d busienss.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
Larry1960:

The fact is that am might be richer than some of them not boasting sha

Funny enough recently one of them that left for Canada this year January was asking me to borrow him #3Million . I said never I can never. He said once he gets over there he would pay back he begged me for money around December claiming it's for flight ticket to Canada. I checked I don't think flight ticket was up to 3M. I can never stoop so low to beg anyone for abroad cos am Richer than some of them

The only one that has time to chat is the one in Norway but you see the ones in UK and canada bills wan finish them

Bazoo eeeh make you try write your moniker on a piece of paper make and show us the environment in Canada.
Some people here talk say na Canada you dey grin grin

Lol, na Dr Congo and Kenya now
Our American uncle try am but I don pass dt level, I thank God I’m not in Nigeria right now.
Any country that values the life of her citizens is better than Nigeria at the moment.
See suffer for d past six months;
Petrol scarcity to
Extreme traffic cos of major construction (eko bridge & co)
Then currency swap cash scarcity
Election violence & struggle
To subsidy removal and naira devalued

Haba lagosians life span would have reduced in dis past months.

Just dey give urself word salad that you richer than your niqqour abroad with ur naira dt is devalued.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
Try to beat the morning traffic even if it means leaving an hour earlier. Then choose your trips as if you were on Uber destination trips with your destination as Chevron. Get to Chevron then do same back to mainland

It's what I do but in reverse. It's simple. Just try it. The traffic starts at a particular time. Beat it

Forget my zone, nothing like leave home early. If you are destined to pick your first trip by 8am, so shall it be. They no deh rush, so you wait grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5258) (5259) (5260) (5261) (5262) (5263) (5264) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: FASASI1(m), lanre2009 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.