Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4725793 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5259) (5260) (5261) (5262) (5263) (5264) (5265) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pearl1910:

So it's 1.6million car u will buy? U will get car loan and buy a naija used car??
Cos I don't get what u r calculating now o. Abi isnt there Interest in d loan.

Let assume the type of car u buy is ur business, Now if ur salary is 208k, u remove about 60k
for tax and pension then remove loan repayment of 36k. Abeg wetin remain? U think we didn't work before doing ehailing? Or we don't have siblings and friends who are still working, 8-5? Just don't quote me if u dont have a water tight argument, u think all drivers are thesame.

Sorry but this is all loads of nonsense. If you're not clear, ask questions and don't make assumptions.

The 208k is net salary. Nothing like tax and pension. The loan cap is 3m for this person's grade but the loan amount he took was 1.9m. Yes he bought a Naija used Toyota Matrix but even if he had taken the full 3m and added little money to buy a Tokunbo, he will only be paying a little over 50k monthly for 5 years.

You may have worked before ehaling but a lot of things have changed. And If you know people who work 8-5 then why are you arguing the obvious.

All the things we say here are easy to verify and are not hidden

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
Lolz... Buhari's salary is not upto 1m and level 10 wan dey collect 300k. That one is bribe and stolen funds na.
Bribe that u will chop and get sick and collect curses on ur children's head.
I rather hussle and sweat and have peace of mind and good health.
Tomorrow una go go HMO go spend 600k, u will not know why ur health is deteriorating grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pearl1910:

But isn't that what we have been doing with 9,500 fuel?

Normally I do minimum 75k with my full tank of N9,500 fuel.
Now full tank is 23k, (difference of 13k) so if I am not making 90k it means my earnings has dropped.
So for me my target is to make extra 13k on every full tank. Bolt is giving 6k bonus daily so without any stress I am still good. Plus even if Bolt bonus isn't there, I know how to cover extra 13k on my full tank l, no be everything person dey talk for public forum.
The goal is not to make double or 164% of what u usually make before, just cover the difference in the fuel and u r good.

I just dey look una wey dey complain, but I no wan put mouth because I know say una go chop me raw. All fingers are not equal Sha. But u just have to be wise!

Pearl yours is always to just shot offline patapata. How else do you intend to get the 13k without surge on Bolt? Riders still remain the fluid that kept the business running and once they are not demanding? Everywhere go cast.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pearl1910:
Lolz... Buhari's salary is not upto 1m and level 10 wan dey collect 300k. That one is bribe and stolen funds na.
Bribe that u will chop and get sick and collect curses on ur children's head.
I rather hussle and sweat and have peace of mind and good health.
Tomorrow una go go HMO go spend 600k, u will not know why ur health is deteriorating grin

If I tell all these government workers salary my mind... everyone go off their mic, make I just they look.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2023
dapotemi:

Honestly, and I repeat it, most of our friends here have left the office for too long.
Let me give you a recent scenerio..My head of operations official car na RX 350; last year he relocated to Canada..Car was retrieve and passed to CFO, not as an official car because he already has one. He's going to pay 3 million for it, duration is 3 years.. His net is almost 2M.
No, office is bad, driving round Lagos is the best! Dey play.
There are loads and loads of benefit..Does it come easy, No.
Again, I'll repeat it, UNLESS there is a significant change in fare, YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE IT!!! If you enter filling station fill Corolla for 23k, e go enter your bone marrow...I am still seeing 900 trip on indriver, na person 3.5 million Corolla go carry am too...Don't sugarcoat this tragedy.

Depending on your role and grade, you can expect an average joe who works with a multinational company to have HMO, 13th month, quarterly allowance, upfront, leave bonus, yearly bonus and access to loans as part of his annual package

Then you wonder why he's doing things on a 300k salary cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Foreigner12(m): 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2023
It's like Uber has officially increased their prices too? Am I wrong?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
pope191:

If I tell all these government workers salary my mind... everyone go off their mic, make I just they look.
Free ur mind from high BP oo grin
Abeg talk am.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
Itsrm:

Sorry but this is all loads of nonsense. If you're not clear, ask questions and don't make assumptions.

The 208k is net salary. Nothing like tax and pension. The loan cap is 3m for this person's grade but the loan amount he took was 1.9m. Yes he bought a Naija used Toyota Matrix but even if he had taken the full 3m and added little money to buy a Tokunbo, he will only be paying a little over 50k monthly for 5 years.

You may have worked before ehaling but a lot of things have changed. And If you know people who work 8-5 then why are you arguing the obvious.

All the things we say here are easy to verify and are not hidden

I am sorry to say but u are a bush rat.
U are the one saying rubbish and assuming I should know the correct thing u intend to say.
Next time u want to talk, make sure ur sentence is complete and don't make misleading statements like my salary is 200k wen in actual fact u r referring to ur net take home.

This thread is for Ehailing experience, whatever u r saying here that doesn't uphold this topic, puts u up for a ban. Please comply. Don't derail this thread again.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 6:59pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pearl1910:

U are the one saying rubbish and assuming I should know the correct thing u intend to say.
Next time u want to talk, make sure ur sentence is complete and don't make misleading statements like my salary is 200k wen in actual fact u r referring to ur net take home.

This thread is for Ehailing experience, whatever u r saying here that doesn't uphold this topic, puts u up for a ban. Please comply. Don't derail this thread again.

Now he remembers the thread is about ehaling when he has nothing else to say cheesy

Stop misinforming people that's all or I will be here to provide that balanced perspective.

And when people quote salary, I thought it is obvious they are referring to net salary. I can't even remember my gross salary. What's my business with it?

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
pope191:

Forget my zone, nothing like leave home early. If you are destined to pick your first trip by 8am, so shall it be. They no deh rush, so you wait grin

Exactly, Ojodu can b crazy. U fit comot for house 6am make u no see better trip until 8m some days.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 7:02pm On Jun 02, 2023
ReadaDream:
No sir grin

Na wa o! And I don go buy half tank for 15k to work tomorrow. I just want to know the strategy to use
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
dapotemi:

Gods blessing to you sir..This is the type of analysis we should be doing here. I have spent a couple of hour cracking my head around the whole thing and to be honest, drivers will be at the receiving end! I did some trip earlier today and to be honest, my eyes were just gazed on my fuel stick on the dashboard. Looking at the way the thing dey drop and the stupid fares am getting, nah it doesn't commensurate...I would probably just work and refuel, then maybe eat, go home with few token that WILL NEVER equal to the number of hours I have invested, not even close.
Alapere to Ikeja usually is 2k b4 now am seeing 2200/2300 at most..That increase does not address current realities..If you have a car on rental, WITHDRAW it now and wait make road clear small...no emotion, just biz!

Almost all aspect in life is going to felt the impact, except for the unethical ones to some extend. I am just laughing at the drivers saying recover money for fuel. We'll still have to recover money for light, foodstuffs, school fees, house rents and all. If you use 2k to run generator everyday, be prepare to use 5k now. This thing touch every aspect of lives. I just think we can do away with the noise and argument and watch as things unfold. If driving pays as we have been saying, then it is an individual thing. Drivers should be able to go a month and still keep up with regular activities.

In my house for instance, we don't run Gen anyhow again, in fact I am the only one that have been able to run just 1 hour and might do another 1 hour tonight. I feel we should stop all these unnecessary comparison. Anyone that feel one is better than the other, should we submit CV to him or her at least help 5 guys get work here or link them up. We keep sounding as if one we just enter Lagos state office without connection.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
Itsrm:

Now he remembers the thread is about ehaling when he has nothing else to say cheesy

Stop misinforming people that's all or I will be here to provide that balanced perspective.

And when people quote salary, I thought it is obvious they are referring to net salary. I can't even remember my gross salary. What's my business with it?

What misinformation am I giving, I am not on salary, and I am not giving anybody salary info. It's u guys that are drawing comparisons everyday with ur 200k salary that will not let us hear word.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pearl1910:

Exactly, Ojodu can b crazy. U fit comot for house 6am make u no see better trip until 8m some days.

That is Ojodu for you. If 11 am meet you there grin you may be force to go back home and sleep on some days. Trips are much more better during evening. Do you know Berger to unilag estate can take 3km? And they will be putting stupid price. One will drive 3km to go pick a rider.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pearl1910:

What misinformation am I giving, I am not on salary, and I am not giving anybody salary info. It's u guys that are drawing comparisons everyday with ur 200k salary that will not let us hear word.

This is clear misinformation and I'm glad you've learnt and now know better. The next time you post anything like this, I will be here to correct you.

Pearl1910:

I know say una go wan twist am.
But the way I see it, if a worker on 180k take home can pay off a car loan, why do u guys always try to discourage a driver from doing HP?
What will be left of 180k when u remove car loan again.
Except the person is earning upto 300k and left with 180k after all deductions
. So in this case u aren't comparing with a below 200k salary again but 300k and above.

And that was not about me at all. I don't even drive a Toyota. I think they are useless and boring cars but whatever makes you happy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 7:12pm On Jun 02, 2023
Barbiturate:

Na wa o! And I don go buy half tank for 15k to work tomorrow. I just want to know the strategy to use
Baba strategy no they. You either negotiate for extra fee or just offer the highest bid on Indrive.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2023
davit:

Truth is ehaling should be for stop gaps. It is even sweeter if you drive your own car. And this is what I do. When I get better free time from work, I used to do the work like a full time driver.
Since December my approach to the hustle changed. Got a better offer elsewhere. So na to dey do ehaling sparingly. I have been to the Lagoos hospital on the island on several occasions, which will be hard for ehailing guys to afford. Thanks to HMO.
Anything aside side hustle, ehaling doesn't really pay, forget about those saying otherwise. I rest my case. If you like come fight me, I dey my house.

E-hailing driver's should have HMO. Axamansard silver plan is 75k p.a, bronze is 50 something. That's 150 for you and madam, or 2something for a family of 4. If you go dey born more than 2, wahala wahala
https://www.axamansard.com/health/plans-details/
There's a plan as low as 12k with basic benefits.
With proper planning one can live a relatively ok life by Naija standards

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2023
Itsrm:

This is clear misinformation and I'm glad you've learnt and now know better. The next time you post anything like this, I will be here to correct you.

And that was not about me at all. I don't even drive a Toyota. I think they are useless and boring cars but whatever makes you happy cheesy

I think you're right

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:17pm On Jun 02, 2023
mejai:

Free ur mind from high BP oo grin
Abeg talk am.

No high BP boss, just undue and needless argument. Uber is not the best thing to happen to men, neither is level 10. That same 300k is what some spree on a girl at Cubana the other night. Person salary... have you been to Cubana GRA at Friday and Saturday night? Nah human being like us put that empire down. If as a oil and gas dealer you are able to land a vsl, no how you won't see 300m as profit, imagine being able to do 3 vsl in a year.

Let's just strife to grow in this world, I am not satisfied or even close. Many rivers to cross (jimmy cliff), plenty talk no deh full basket.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 7:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
XGhost:

I think you're right

Yes I am. The day someone who drives a big daddy drove my car, he wanted to set his car on fire. cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 7:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pearl1910:

But isn't that what we have been doing with 9,500 fuel?

Normally I do minimum 75k with my full tank of N9,500 fuel.
Now full tank is 23k, (difference of 13k) so if I am not making 90k it means my earnings has dropped.
So for me my target is to make extra 13k on every full tank. Bolt is giving 6k bonus daily so without any stress I am still good. Plus even if Bolt bonus isn't there, I know how to cover extra 13k on my full tank l, no be everything person dey talk for public forum.
The goal is not to make double or 164% of what u usually make before, just cover the difference in the fuel and u r good.

I just dey look una wey dey complain, but I no wan put mouth because I know say una go chop me raw. All fingers are not equal Sha. But u just have to be wise!
Minimum of 75k gross with #9500 fuel? How 🤔

Make una no they whine us for here o.

Let's even breaking down. If 1k fuel gross 6k at most, that means 10k fuel will gross 60k. How are you grossing 75k minimum on #9500 of old price?

P.S Before you say I drive a C_Class, I used to drive a Corolla, a sound one at that.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:21pm On Jun 02, 2023
pope191:

That is Ojodu for you. If 11 am meet you there grin you may be force to go back home and sleep on some days. Trips are much more better during evening. Do you know Berger to unilag estate can take 3km? And they will be putting stupid price. One will drive 3km to go pick a rider.

Na una dey do Indrive...kilonkanmi.
Bolt will tell u out of radius, so I cancel without thinking.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 7:21pm On Jun 02, 2023
dapotemi:

This is an insider...My brother e no even reach 130k..Sanwo don promise small increase recently tho..we wait.
He don increase am since April.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 7:22pm On Jun 02, 2023
ReadaDream:

Let's even breaking down. If 1k fuel gross 6k at most, that means 10k fuel will gross 60k. How are you grossing 75k minimum on #9500 of old price?

P.S Before you say I drive a C_Class, I used to drive a Corolla, a sound one at that.

I know drivers in PH gross 20k on 4k fuel averagely but if I talk dem go say na PH.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 7:24pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pearl1910:

Hey!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
Itsrm:

Yes I am. The day someone who drives a big daddy drove my car, he wanted to set his car on fire. cheesy
Abeg what type of car are you driving?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:33pm On Jun 02, 2023
Itsrm:

Lolz...gate man. Keep watching o, while u r at it, Sha read well before u jabo.
I don't know anybody that will tell u his salary figure is d amount remaining after car loan has been deducted, except someone who is really not drawing any paycheck but just forming here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2023
ksmart027:

Abeg what type of car are you driving?

You know it and I think you know me. We use the same mechanic. If you figure it out, don't say it grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
Itsrm:

You know it and I think you know me. We use the same mechanic. If you figure it out, don't say it grin
Senior man, i talk say na you oo. Your boy dey very loyal.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 7:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
ReadaDream:

It's possible on surge, that's before the hike in fuel price

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
Itsrm:

You dey hide your car? Tell us make we know na! Wetin dey there? It's a faceless forum na

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2023
ReadaDream:
Baba strategy no they. You either negotiate for extra fee or just offer the highest bid on Indrive.

Ok na. Make I test run tomorrow

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5259) (5260) (5261) (5262) (5263) (5264) (5265) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191, merikowa, QueenE01(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.