Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4714584 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5288) (5289) (5290) (5291) (5292) (5293) (5294) ... (5684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2023
stacyadams:
I know say una no know say drivers dey on strike

I dey house oo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
Pearl1910:

Why are u scared of card trips?
I will be force to pay accumulated commission..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
InvestorsMind:

I no sabi, my surname is Oshodi, na we get oshodi kiss
which compound you come from? No come dey famz here.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
Welz:

yes
thank you....Uber destination is a goal always a life saver..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by morax101(m): 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
How u na deh my people? where dem Cheerfulgiver, Bazoo, Pearl, pope, Felicity001 and dem other Ogas in the house? I just say make I holla at you all. Be safe out there guys.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
konkoabove:
Is bolt responding to the strike?

Pearl1910 northbird shall we?

They responded,despite having like 10% strike complaince . I hear it has been increased from 130 naira/km to 140. Though its still crap fare.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2023
FIZZBEE:

Greetings House
Johnny, I want to get 2014 Skoda Octavia with 1.8L TSI engine for this hustle. I would like to know the cost of maintaining the car, interms of the suspension, transmission, engine and the common electrical issues.
My personal opinion, I would not advice you to buy a 2014 car, if the sole reason is for this hustle.
Go ahead buy something smaller not more than 07-08

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2023
Johnnybegood12:

My personal opinion, I would not advice you to buy a 2014 car, if the sole reason is for this hustle.

Both Uber & Bolt will never reduce their 25% commission their whole business model is built on this 25% , in all the countries, that they operate in, their commission is 25%
India they have about 600,000 drivers, America Uber has about 700,000, U.K. abt 85,000, S/ Africa abt 50,000, Egypt about 35,000, Australia, Europe? In Colombia I think they have abt 90,000, Brazil almost the same, these are multinational companies, Nigeria they have abt 30,000 drivers.
I don’t see them making an exception for Nigeria, it’s not gonna happen.’
What Nigerian should concentrate on is is fares, that can be increased if enough pressure is applied.
E-hailing can show flexibility on fares , then the unionisation of their drivers, they will fight tooth and nail to resist that, their claim is that those driving for them are partners and not employers. However,
In the U.K., they give holiday pay, pension etc, but only after being forced to do so by the courts.
My candid opinion is for Nigerians to fight for increase fares,
E/ hailing averagely provide a good service? It’s relatively safe, in some countries they are the biggest employers of labour, & it’s flexible.
Agitation for increased fare should be perhaps 50% max,
To ask for 200% means you are worse then those that removed the subsidy in the first place,,
Rent should also go up to btw 40k and 50k per wk for owners.
Drivers should not be selfish, knowing drivers, they will want all the 200% increase for themselves alone nothing for owners.
May God bless your hustle folks, but be sensible in your request for increase in fares.
50% is best or you will all lose customers.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2023
Godfather10:

Both Uber & Bolt will never reduce their 25% commission their whole business model is built on this 25% , in all the countries, that they operate in, their commission is 25%
India they have about 600,000 drivers, America Uber has about 700,000, U.K. abt 85,000, S/ Africa abt 50,000, Egypt about 35,000, Australia, Europe? In Colombia I think they have abt 90,000, Brazil almost the same, these are multinational companies, Nigeria they have abt 30,000 drivers.
What Nigerian should concentrate on is is fares, that can be increased if enough pressure is applied.
E-hailing can show flexibility on fares , then the unionisation of their drivers, they will fight tooth and nail to resist that, their claim is that those driving for them are partners and not employers. However,
In the U.K., they give holiday pay, pension etc, but only after being forced to do so by the courts.
E/ hailing averagely provide a good service? It’s relatively safe, in some countries they are the biggest employers of labour, & it’s flexible.
To ask for 200% means you are worse then those that removed the subsidy in the first place,,
Drivers should not be selfish, knowing drivers, they will want all the 200% increase for themselves alone nothing for owners.
May God bless your hustle folks, but be sensible in your request for increase in fares.

I agree with you. 50% increase on total fares..will suffice, 200% is quite outrageous. ( Though,i know the union guys too know this, they just want a kind of ground to negotiate)
Most transporters too across Lagos quote around 40-50% increase in fares to accommodate fuel increase.

I took keke yesterday to Agege from Fagba. Previously, it was #100, now its #150 ,thats 50% which is still reasonable.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2023
Deypray:
Awusubilai...

You're far gone brother. You've really been bedded by slavery. Someone dey fight for an improved means of livelihood for the same hustle you dey intoxicated with, yet this is your stand. Truly, most Nigerians are in love with their slave masters. No matter the profit you claim to make at the moment. This strike actions aim is to give you a better deal. Don't you get?

But a quick one...Let's assume all these e-coys budge after this strike. You also will gladly share in the spoils. Tueh, e don be for this country.

Imagine if slave freedom fighters had his kind of mentality, oyinbo for still dey ship us like monkeys dey go farm for plantation. After all, even then, some black slaves where having it easy but they all stood for a just cause. Some even died for the freedom we all enjoy now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dav1002(m): 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2023
BAZ001:

On colos on colos grin grin grin
see millionaire phone ehhhh.
He don press star button taya d thing don fade, I’m sure na him papa give am grin

He dey use am check balance 🤣

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dav1002(m): 6:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
Felicity001:

I never start my car for 1 month now...

I'm missing poverty days grin grin

BRT and Keke na my paddy now grin
Na Keke you dey take carry client go show motor
Chairman no be so oh
Guess your billing go reduce from 150k to 20k

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2023
Godfather10:

Nice submission, however the commission they started out with was not 25% , it gradually increased , also it is not 25% globally. I did a Google search for Paris,France and what it showed me was 19% (you can search it yourself ) I have tried uploading it but it is not loading .

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:06pm On Jun 09, 2023
morax101:
How u na deh my people? where dem Cheerfulgiver, Bazoo, Pearl, pope, Felicity001 and dem other Ogas in the house? I just say make I holla at you all. Be safe out there guys.

We full here...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 7:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
YeyeGbami:

Not bad, bolt wey i know will never reduce commission

Bolt and UBER are in serious competition. If UBER reduces commission, i bet you, Bolt will reduce as well.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
At least some of the app companies are beginning to send out emails effecting changes with regards to fares. It may not be much but this goes to show that the ehailing companies are following trends but instead of taking a stance some drivers who I see as cheerleaders would rather insult those who are trying to make their voices heard over issues that will also benefit them.

Now that fare prices are beginning to go up will they now say they don't want the fare increase?

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kewelljoseph(m): 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
GeneralZodd:

Clean sharp car

If to say nah Yaris e for make sense die.
Thanks boss, I appreciate!! Omo what I noticed is the car no dey consume fuel at all. Sound low die u won’t even knw it’s on and the way e dey fly for road is mad. No one getting this will ever regret it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by wole212(m): 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2023
I greet Bosses in the house

Please I'm looking for a car to drive
Rentals to remit weekly

I stay in Oshodi

Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
Crvrider:

Imagine if slave freedom fighters had his kind of mentality, oyinbo for still dey ship us like monkeys dey go farm for plantation. After all, even then, some black slaves where having it easy but they all stood for a just cause. Some even died for the freedom we all enjoy now.
grin grin grin

I would have called you dumb, but I'll just leave it as what you've just typed here makes no sense. You may have a compulsive desire to be like by strangers, but I don't give 2shits_ about what strangers on this thread may think about my opinions. I would have ignored this nonsense, but for the sake of the misinformation embedded in this crap, I would not.

Now let's go back to elementary definitions on Google, since you're too lazy

SLAVE - a person who is forced to work for and obey another and is considered to be their property; an enslaved person.
"they kidnapped entire towns and turned the inhabitants into slaves"

EMPLOYEE - person employed for wages or salary, especially at non-executive level.
"the company has over 500 employees"

Are you being forced to work for Uber, bolt? Are you being forced to obey them? Did you not register with them of your own Accord? Are you a property of an app? You guys are the ones making bolt feel like they are something. We that have sense, we've stopped driving for bolt because their terms do not favor us. When the terms you signed up for do not favor you, do you insist that your destiny be attached to bolt like an umbilical cord?

If I'm to use your analogy, as useless as it is, I've been among the few selling indrive as an alternative to bolt on this thread, you slavish ones insist on driving for bolt and constituting a nuisance instead of choosing an alternative.

There is nothing special about bolt. They're just an app. If their 25% commission is the problem, why the fück do you lot not drive for indrive with commission at 10% or for Rida with commission at 0%?

You're not an employee of bolt, so technically you cannot go on strike. If you say you won't drive, it's your business. Their employees are those in their offices, their app developers, field operation officers, their IT staff. Etc. If these one's down tools, they'll be worried. You made the decision to drive on bolt app. As an adult, you must have read the terms and conditions before going ahead to say yes. If the conditions change, leave. Don't call yourself a slave. That's just stupid.

I'm not a slave, and I'm not an employee. I'm a free thinker and can make my decisions without being influenced by groupthink.

You're a fool for thinking I'm having it easy. How am I having it easy? No be the same head we get? Same 24hrs? grin Is it not the same apps we have access to? Is it not the same fueling stations we go to? Don't we buy fuel at the same price? If I find out a way to make more money with the same apps you have access to,
and the same conditions as you, does it mean I'm having it easy? You're a fool.

When this fuel increment came. I was the first to say on this thread that it's not as bad if you use indrive. And that if you follow the same pattern as I follow, you'll even make more money. I even went as far as posting my calculations. What did fools like you on this same thread do? What was your idea of a solution to the problem? What was your contribution? You insulted, denigrated, laughed, called me a liar,and came up with counter calculations to prove me a liar.

Without using your brain, your only resort is nzogbu nzogbu we no go gree for bolt until they increase by 200%. I still came out to correct the stupid impression but you're here like a fool, likening the situation to slavery. Ewu, GTFOH. I don't regard you. Just proving you stupid. grin

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
Crvrider:
At least some of the app companies are beginning to send out emails effecting changes with regards to fares. It may not be much but this goes to show that the ehailing companies are following trends but instead of taking a stance some drivers who I see as cheerleaders would rather insult those who are trying to make their voices heard over issues that will also benefit them.

Now that fare prices are beginning to go up will they now say they don't want the fare increase?
Stupid. If before the price increase, I was making 45,000 a day, after increase I would make about 60k a day, and you'll still be here complaining about rain, flood, cost of maintenance, ikotun, abaranje, costs of parts , complaining complaining complaining.

Even if they make it 500 per km, you motherfuckers will still complain. If I insult you, it's because you've refused to use your brain. For that, I do not apologize. grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
Cheerfulgiver, is the insult really necessary? Bro you can pass your message without the insults. Except someone comes at you in such manner, I don't see any reason why you should.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
Crvrider:

Cheerleaders?🤣

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
ReadaDream:
Cheerfulgiver, is the insult really necessary? Bro you can pass your message without the insults. Except someone comes at you in such manner, I don't see any reason why you should.
They always do and I don't like taking prisoners. I kill on the battlefield. I'm not sorry

Peace is not an option.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 09, 2023
The strike has been a tremendous success. Almighty bolt increased their fares 3 times under 7 days. Uber increased their own for the 2nd time today. This is despite the very “hardworking” Nairaland drivers who always claim to make profit. 😆 But sane drivers protested and we’re making progress. Even though the prices are still unbalanced.

The next push is a total reduction of commission to 10% on all apps in Nigeria. We’d continue pressing their neck on Monday. I was at the protest ground today and the number of Corollas I saw, I’ve never seen it in my life. 😁

Kudos to all those who stood on the side of truth and made their voices heard on different platforms. From Lagos to Abuja to Kano to Delta, Ibadan, Kwara etc. Una well done . 🙌✌️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wucPb0C7q2c

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
They always do and I don't like taking prisoners. I kill on the battlefield. I'm not sorry

Peace is not an option.
Chai this man and vawulence. Make I go hide my head...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 9:40pm On Jun 09, 2023
Johnnybegood12:

Bro, how far na, how is the fuel consumption of your car, what is your mpg like? Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2023
YeyeGbami:
Don’t be fooled, this new fuel price na die. Even with 50k daily net na real struggle.

E just be lyke say my car dey chop fuel, no more AC while idling. Na under tree sure pass.

Another increase!!

Anyone notices that fuel price has increased too? Those selling 488 now sell 495. 490 is now 510 in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2023
Viking07:
The strike has been a tremendous success. Almighty bolt increased their fares 3 times under 7 days. Uber increased their own for the 2nd time today. This is despite the very “hardworking” Nairaland drivers who always claim to make profit. 😆 But sane drivers protested and we’re making progress. Even though the prices are still unbalanced.

The next push is a total reduction of commission to 10% on all apps in Nigeria. We’d continue pressing their neck on Monday. I was at the protest ground today and the number of Corollas I saw, I’ve never seen it in my life. 😁

Kudos to all those who stood on the side of truth and made their voices heard on different platforms. From Lagos to Abuja to Kano to Delta, Ibadan, Kwara etc. Una well done . 🙌✌️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wucPb0C7q2c

Kudos to you guys, you're the real GOATs of this hustle and not that Cheerleader that is so full of himself and always ranting like a spoilt child. Besides being a cheerleader he is also petty. He might as well ask the app companies to let him continue to run round Lagos like someone without direction and not effect the fare increase on his trips.

One might argue about some of the issues he raised but again the question is: can the relationship between the drivers and the app companies be better? And my answer to that is a resounding YES.

Agitations like these are meant to benefit everybody but you're called lazy because you ask for a better treatment. Some people are just selfish and cheerleader reeks of it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lagusboyyy(m): 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2023
skillip:
Nice submission, however the commission they started out with was not 25% , it gradually increased , also it is not 25% globally. I did a Google search for Paris,France and what it showed me was 19% (you can search it yourself ) I have tried uploading it but it is not loading .
Na pearl no gree make the picture upload. Lol.

Na joke o.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
Bolt has introduced "Finish Rate" to get their Bonus.
Na this finish rate go finish them. Make I go find my Uber App for where I freeze am put.
It's because of their Bonus I am still hanging around them. Now they have made it almost impossible to get, make I go dey chop Uber own.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2023
Pope191

I wan sell this one o. No be say you go say why I no first tell you.

Meanwhile
2007 Nigerian Used Toyota Corolla
AC functionality is 100
Engine absolute in pristine state
Gear selecting well
Carry mechanic and Ac Tech come. You won't be disappointed.

2.4m
Calls WhatsApp SMS

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 10:15pm On Jun 09, 2023
davit:

Anyone notices that fuel price has increased too? Those selling 488 now sell 495. 490 is now 510 in Lagos.

Based on my understanding, It will keep fluctuating. Sometimes lower than 488 other times as high as 900.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5288) (5289) (5290) (5291) (5292) (5293) (5294) ... (5684) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.