Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (970) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4726554 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by laytoshtwo: 7:46pm On Aug 30, 2018
slamstanlee:
lol....
Some passengers got their private cars waiting to pick them...

It is easier to take a cab than to call a driver to bring car from Lekki. That is what most of them do now grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 7:48pm On Aug 30, 2018
protocol:
Having closed for the day, I decided to have a bottle of beer. I drink beer three times in a yr. This is the second and itbfeels good.
Lol. U ain’t saying d truth.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 7:50pm On Aug 30, 2018
ifyeez:
The annoying question is always oga were re you immediately you pick the call, that always throw me off, my response is always on my way to you grin grin grin
That's how yesterday around 11pm, got request at circle mall,
was already on my way home, so I called n asked her destination, she said Ajah, I said okay you have to come outside the mall, so we can go she said no I should enter the mall, I told her it's late and I might get charged she said I will call you back, I waited 5min cancelled trip n proceeded home, was at Surulere she was calling, she called till I got to Festac I weak. I just picked and told her am home end call.

That’s wickedness bro.. grin. Not fair

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:49pm On Aug 30, 2018
chillex8:

Just one Boeing 777-300 passenger aircraft drops over 300 international passengers.
Use your head. cheesy
And u think majority of the passengers uses e-hailing. No..besides, it was even domestic airport. Most of those domestic planes capacity are not up to that ur claimed figure I think.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 9:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
chucsmoore:

That’s wickedness bro.. grin. Not fair
The fact that I cancelled trip, if she had gone tru her app, she could ve saved her self the stress of calling me.
I still think am nice sha, I ve not forgotten d1 that told me her bf won't let her go after waiting 30min. cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2018
ifyeez:
The fact that I cancelled trip, if she had gone tru her app, she could ve saved her self the stress of calling me.
I still think am nice sha, I ve not forgotten d1 that told me her bf won't let her go after waiting 30min. cry cry cry

...and what did say or do? Bcus me I must say something and I know it'll hit below the belt.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:17pm On Aug 30, 2018
brogxy:

Gbam! Just the right way it's meant to be.
It's always annoying when they call and ask where you are. I usually keep quiet after the question then ask them where they are. It sounds rude to me as if they are talking to their personal driver

Exactly my point brother, it's annoying and also rude. I hardly reply them, the worst part is that they'll wait and pretend not to know they requested for a ride until you call. They won't call oooooo to ask the annoying where are you until you call.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:29pm On Aug 30, 2018
jayooh:
exactly, but I don't mind a rider calling me after making an order if they'd be respectful n calm sha. Some of them no get chill

Some after asking the usual where are you, you'll be like I am at balogun street the next thing you will hear is "ahh I don't know the place just follow your map"..
While the street is the next Street to theirs, I keep wondering the essence of asking me where I am if you can't direct me after all.
It's worst with all these ones slaying on empty brains.
grin

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sirdave333(m): 11:34pm On Aug 30, 2018
alstarmayo:
You've said it all, once I get my morning and evening bonus I do the 2 simultaneously

Correct brother!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ochima75(m): 12:03am On Aug 31, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Some after asking the usual where are you, you'll be like I am at balogun street the next thing you will hear is "ahh I don't know the place just follow your map"..
While the street is the next Street to theirs, I keep wondering the essence of asking me where I am if you can't direct me after all.
grin

Hahahahahahah
Kikikikiki I kikikikiki

The way sme of them even say dat 'haaaaaaa' makes me wanna laff nd fall off my chair, u can practically feel them open thr whole mouth

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:00am On Aug 31, 2018
slamstanlee:
i dont even bother when you ask me the 'where are you question'. Provided u show courtesy...
I mean how can u call and ask where are you? I just calmly respond with good afternoon or so first.
That will first calm ur blood and make u look stupid at the other end. Then most times they greet back.
Then d best answer i give if u actually greet first; i am like 2 mins away, or i dont know the street but i am very close to u, confirm ur pick up please....
Exactly what I do, greet the person whenever they ask the usual annoying where are you? and he/she will look stupid.
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:09am On Aug 31, 2018
ifyeez:
The annoying question is always oga were re you immediately you pick the call, that always throw me off, my response is always on my way to you grin grin grin
That's how yesterday around 11pm, got request at circle mall,
was already on my way home, so I called n asked her destination, she said Ajah, I said okay you have to come outside the mall, so we can go she said no I should enter the mall, I told her it's late and I might get charged she said I will call you back, I waited 5min cancelled trip n proceeded home, was at Surulere she was calling, she called till I got to Festac I weak. I just picked and told her am home end call.

grin
That's how they do, they want to do big man but don't want to spend money.
If possible some people will even ask you to come to their room to carry them.
I have noticed the difference between oyibo riders and typical naija riders.
Oyibo request next he calls to give you further directions and will also tell you his destination.
Sometimes they may even come out of their gate to enter your car and engage you in discussion unless they are two.
He will always help with directions during the trip if they know the place.
I mistakenly passed the supermarket a white was going to he told me not to bother that he will walk back to the store but if it's our people the next thing is they will shout at you first telling you you have passed where they are going to and insist you must reverse.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by damola1: 1:19am On Aug 31, 2018
Gentlelife50:

grin
That's how they do, they want to do big man but don't want to spend money.
If possible some people will even ask you to come to their room to carry them.
I have noticed the difference between oyibo riders and typical naija riders.
Oyibo request next he calls to give you further directions and will also tell you his destination.
Sometimes they may even come out of their gate to enter your car and engage you in discussion unless they are two.
He will always help with directions during the trip if they know the place.
I mistakenly passed the supermarket a white was going to he told me not to bother that he will walk back to the store but if it's our people the next thing is they will shout at you first telling you you have passed where they are going to and insist you must reverse.

You better go to oyinbo country.

What I find irritating is when a driver calls and ask where I am going to? I mean that question should be for the app not me. You take the job, simply focus on doing it.

If you don’t want the trip then don’t put up your app

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 1:28am On Aug 31, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Exactly my point brother, it's annoying and also rude. I hardly reply them, the worst part is that they'll wait and pretend not to know they requested for a ride until you call. They won't call oooooo to ask the annoying where are you until you call.
Try to call your riders first. It puts you in control.
My riders don't see my cell no. So am unreachable until I call them grin.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 1:38am On Aug 31, 2018
damola1:

What I find irritating is when a driver calls and ask where I am going to? I mean that question should be for the app not me. You take the job, simply focus on doing it.

For the past 9months, I have always asked this question

Twice I have picked up Dayo (Uber Operations), I asked him same question and he answered.

Which would you prefer?
You refuse to disclose your destination,
I drive to pick-up location,
You hop in,
I ask for your destination before starting the trip,
You tell me,
I don't like the area (e.g Satellite town, Apapa, Ikorodu, Lakowe, Akute, Ajamgbadi, Mowe e.t.c)
I politely ask you to request another ride.
I cash out #400.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:05am On Aug 31, 2018
chillex8:

For the past 9months, I have always asked this question

Twice I have picked up Dayo (Uber Operations), I asked him same question and he answered.

Which would you prefer?
You refuse to disclose your destination,
I drive to pick-up location,
You hop in,
I ask for your destination before starting the trip,
You tell me,
I don't like the area (e.g Satellite town, Apapa, Ikorodu, Lakowe, Akute, Ajamgbadi, Mowe e.t.c)
I politely ask you to request another ride.
I cash out #400.

How far ... USA Spec Mobil ...large quantities... 17500k ...five or more pieces free delivery within Lagos contact dru23@hotmail.com

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 2:41am On Aug 31, 2018
expoguru:
Experienced Uber/Taxify drivers with good ratings wanted for 2 Toyota Corollas 04 and 05 cars.

Rental fee of 35k per week.

2 suitable guarantors needed.

20k security deposit needed.

Preferably mainland drivers especially around iyanaipaja, agege, alagbado and Ikeja axis.

Must stay in gated compound.

If interested call or WhatsApp 08022634836.

Cheers.

So some people are still willing to take such offers?

Well, maybe if it's a tokunbo car though.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 3:05am On Aug 31, 2018
Gentlelife50:

grin
Ki grin ki grin ki grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:12am On Aug 31, 2018
ifyeez:
This one happened to me too, the girl brought her bags out I waited and also watched over the bags only for the girl to tell me her man has apologized and that they have settled.
I told her to settle me then that I can't waste my time just like that because she have waisted my time besides I drove from far to get to her pickup point.
She left and I told her I will block their gate and nobody will go out in the morning.
It's either they settle me, beat me or call police for me.
I eventually left and was on my way when the bf called and said I should send my account details i did and he transferred 2k.
I quickly sent him a message to apologize for the embarrassment.
grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:19am On Aug 31, 2018
damola1:

That I put on my app doesn't necessarily mean I'll have to go everywhere, I still have that right to reject trips.
Make u carry me go apapa and I'll spend the whole day there abi? And you may even abandon me and fly okada if it's that bad.
Most times I always ask the destination if you pretend not to hear the question I would have known that you are going to a forbidden area.
If the trip is not kinda favourable to me I'll use the cancellation button immediately it's there for a reason.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:14am On Aug 31, 2018
damola1:

Thank you for your comment, but let's be reasonable here as a human. You requested for a ride, the driver notify you of the traffic ahead and you oblige. Let's assume 10 mins into the trip, you start feeling unease due to d traffic and you start giving 101 reasons why you have to alight. "See you have to cancel d trip, I'm running late, the money is accumulating, see just cancel it", trip got cancelled and the price is #500, driver spent the next 3hrs trying to nevigate his way out of where you lead him too (Nothing hurts more then when d driver have a route in mind, but you kept telling him follow here, turn here and end using the phrase "cancel d trip". As a business oriented person will you take such request next time? Even think about the driver accepting a request where his safety is zero and you expect him to put you and uber/taxify first?

Yes! A driver took a job to take you to a destination, both of you have mou to get to a particular point, morally I just felt it is wrong for you to back out at a point, because you felt its no longer favourable to you again. So if such continues, I felt a business like mind have the right to ask and protect his/her business. Uber/Taxify says only operate in Lagos and I don't think drivers should accept request leading them to other states or courrier service, but it's the same riders that will ask for such service and even expect you to drive into their bedroom (honestly we have inferior complex and abuse privileges in Nigeria). I am still looking for where it is stated in any app to make payment using transfer, after a trip, some would just say it with a complete attitude " Give me your account", as if both of you agreed on such before and expect you not to roll eyes on him/her.

Can't remember the last time I drve during the week, but I think you riders should stop trying what you can't try with yellow buses on the platform. We are human and some people are out here for the fun. E get where e go reach, forget suit&tie (app), we go both come down and swim inside that mud, if that's the only way to get clean.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:24am On Aug 31, 2018
Gentlelife50:

This one happened to me too, the girl brought her bags out I waited and also watched over the bags only for the girl to tell me her man has apologized and that they have settled.
I told her to settle me then that I can't waste my time just like that because she have waisted my time besides I drove from far to get to her pickup point.
She left and I told her I will block their gate and nobody will go out in the morning.

I eventually left and was on my way when the bf called and said I should send my account details i did and he transferred 2k.
grin

Guy you be agbero o! grin remove that gentle from your name. angry

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 31, 2018
Gentlelife50:

grin
U be confirm craze, d gentle on Ur moniker no fit u abeg

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidwemby: 7:10am On Aug 31, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I concur..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:17am On Aug 31, 2018
brogxy:

U be confirm craze, d gentle on Ur moniker no fit u abeg
Bros I just act that thing that day out of frustration oooo. As I talk the thing I even run away immediately, before they go arrest person fortunately for me it worked.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:19am On Aug 31, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Bros na frustration make me do am oooooo, I no know wetin else to do. Imagine that kyn thing, how many trips person get to do wey she go come waste my time like that.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by akanniade10(m): 7:20am On Aug 31, 2018
damola1:

Then you are not ready to move! If you don't want the trip, don't bother requesting.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by akanniade10(m): 7:26am On Aug 31, 2018
Gentlelife50:

That I put on my app doesn't necessarily mean I'll have to go everywhere, I still have that right to reject trips.
Make u carry me go apapa and I'll spend the whole day there abi? And you may even abandon me and fly okada if it's that bad.
Most times I always ask the destination if you pretend not to hear the question I would have known that you are going to a forbidden area.
If the trip is not kinda favourable to me I'll use the cancellation button immediately it's there for a reason.

If u pretend not to hear and u end the call, I will call you again and ask "pls where are we going or headed to" grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 7:50am On Aug 31, 2018
Lol .today rider vs driver 1x...tomao driver vs partner ..full time draw

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:52am On Aug 31, 2018
Who else noticed that there are no much card trips this week?
And no much request like last week.
Promo don end and card trip reduce, lolzz.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 8:16am On Aug 31, 2018
damola1:

That's if the app display ur destination b4 the trip gets started and I'm sure u will feel bad if a driver start your trip to see ur destination b4 getting to your pickup.

2ndly, why must he put off his app cos a single rider is going to a forbidden area. There are many riders going to his favourite places and his app must remain on to get those request.

Thank you. Good morning y'all

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by herocz: 8:38am On Aug 31, 2018
Foreign used Toyota Corolla 2005 model available for sale, fabric fitted interior with factory fitted a/c.Buy and drive.

Price: 1.85m negotiable
Call: 09076603658

(1) (2) (3) ... (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Pearl1910, Barbiturate(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.