Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 (4205 Views)

Hotel Receptionist Wanted / Hotel Receptionist / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by bchi(f): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
Can you work as a graduate hotel receptionist for #10,000?
I got the job today to resume tomorrow. , Am so disturb about the salary and the Sunday work including 24 working hrs. although I wanted receptionist job but this one the pay is small. What should I do??
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by Zzyco: 4:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
Don't allow the word graduate, get into your head o. You can manage the job, but your transportation should be taken care of anyway. Free food.
You would get a perfect one later, but use what you have now. Better than being idle.
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by crixcrox(f): 4:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
its demeaning 10k for 24hrs including Sundays. private tutors take 15k and above and they work 3 times weekly. my dear don't accept it

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by chipretty48(f): 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hmmmm graduates don suffer for this country.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
May be you will make contacts that will change your life. You can a better Job working there except you have another offer or the transport and feeding is taking the salary. Then there's no point taking.

Edited:

I didn't see the twenty four hours there and weekends. There's no point then. That's slavery. Even a sales girl is treated better.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by funkyglitz: 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
My dear 4get d pay and manage cos u won't remain there 4eva first it will ad 2 ur cv,also no point bein idle stayin @ home plus plenty exposure....u dnt knw who might hlp u ooooo
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by flexxyworld(m): 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
Zzyco:
Don't allow the word graduate, get into your head o. You can manage the job, but your transportation should be taken care of anyway. Free food.
You would get a perfect one later, but use what you have now. Better than being idle.

A real medicre thinking.. Bros.. Dont waste your self away with such offer, even a factory work would be more valueable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by bchi(f): 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
crixcrox:
its demeaning 10k for 24hrs including Sundays. private tutors take 15k and above and they work 3 times weekly. my dear don't accept it
my dear one day on (24hrs) and one day off
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
flexxyworld:

A real medicre thinking.. Bros.. Dont waste your self away with such offer, even a factory work would be more valueable

I overheard an agbero today at Oshodi telling a driver he makes roughly 3,000 a day after all bills are settled to their ogas. That's 90,000 a month.

Here's a graduate who spent four years in school(assuming there was no strike throughout her stay), plus a year undergoing NYSC, considering a 10,000 job offer. All I can do is just Smh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by ahamonyeka(m): 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
Laughing in france
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by flexxyworld(m): 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
rationalmind:

I overheard an agbero today at Oshodi telling a driver he makes roughly 3,000 a day after all bills are settled to their ogas. That's 90,000 a month.

Here's a graduate who spent four years in school(assuming there was no strike throughout her stay), plus a year undergoing NYSC, considering a 10,000 job offer. All I can do is just Smh.

Its that pathetic man.. Na just God grace..
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by serendipityF: 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
Lailai! Itz demeaning na, even ssce holder earns more, better you learn a skill than this 10k crap. This cannot be called a humble beginning for a graduate at all, this is underestimation of yourself

bchi:
Can you work as a graduate hotel receptionist for #10,000?
I got the job today to resume tomorrow. , Am so disturb about the salary and the Sunday work including 24 working hrs. although I wanted receptionist job but this one the pay is small. What should I do??

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by bchi(f): 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
serendipityF:
Lailai! Itz demeaning na, even ssce holder earns more, better you learn a skill than this 10k crap. This cannot be called a humble beginning for a graduate at all, this is underestimation of yourself

please do you have any better job offer for me.
I appreciate
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by adonismuller(m): 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
rationalmind:

why not tell your children to become agboro and never go near a classroom!

Maybe Okonjo,Kachukwu,Osibanjo, et all where all Agboros.

In life you start from somewhere.that the Op is being offered a 10k job doesn't mean she will remain like that for ever...

Stop giving people wrong advice,if you want to be an Agbero then do that on your own peril and stop making it look like going to school is a waste of time! Where she is talking your Agebro with his 90k cannot talk there...get it?
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by emmysoftyou: 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
my dear.. Na wa o..

Even schools pays frm 15k upward..
I once rejected a job of 15k since they didnt agreed to my terms and conditions.
Anyway i later got a better offer..
Pls reject it and look for another one better than that.
What of transports dear? Wont you feed yourselve?
Wont you save?
wont you helps others in terms of finance?

That hotel owner is wicked.

10k..no no no..not good sists, I will rather pay my sists such amount of money monthly than to work in such an inconsiderate hotel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by Zzyco: 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
flexxyworld:

Optimistic thinking? If she had a better one she would not waste her time on this particular job. The fact you earn 10'k today doesn't mean you can't earn times 100 tomorrow. The story would be part of the testimony.
She better hold on to what she has, and stop being idle.
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
adonismuller:
why not tell your children to become agboro and never go near a classroom!

Maybe Okonjo,Kachukwu,Osibanjo, et all where all Agboros.

In life you start from somewhere.that the Op is being offered a 10k job doesn't mean she will remain like that for ever...

Stop giving people wrong advice,if you want to be an Agbero then do that on your own peril and stop making it look like going to school is a waste of time! Where she is talking your Agebro with his 90k cannot talk there...get it?

Collecting a 10K job isn't starting from somewhere, it's starting from nowhere. That you don't agree with me doesn't make my advice wrong neither does it make yours right.

I have self esteem and will imbibe such in my children when I give birth. You can encourage your child to take a 10K job after spending hundreds of thousands sending him/her through school.

And just in case you still don't understand where I'm coming from, I'll gladly be an agbero and earn 90,000 than work as a receptionist and earn 10,000.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by Peter325ukay(m): 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
It's just a crazy world where people work and nearly don't get paid.

Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by Joy83(m): 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
Are you the one that tag it Graduate Hotel Receptionist? I perceive the job advert would be"Hotel Receptionist" with SSCE as minimum qualification.

Anyway, after considering other factors and if the amount can manage to settle your bills for the month, you can take the offer while hoping for better one.

No condition is permanent. The Lord is taking you somewhere great and this can mark a remarkable beginning of something great to come.

Good luck to you!!!
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by adonismuller(m): 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
rationalmind:

Collecting a 10K job isn't starting from somewhere, it's starting from nowhere. That you don't agree with me doesn't make my advice wrong neither does it make yours right.

I have self esteem and will imbibe such in my children when I give birth. You can encourage your child to take a 10K job after spending hundreds of thousands sending them through school.

And just in case you still don't understand where I'm coming from, I'll gladly be an agbero and earn 90,000 than work as a receptionist and earn 10,000.
oops I didn't even check the moniker before I quoted you the first time..

I have known you since NYSC thread....and arguing with you is like telling people Nigeria has 24hrs constant light.

Sorry sir...anything you say is the right one!!! No more argument.
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
adonismuller:

I have known you since NYSC thread....and arguing with you is like telling people Nigeria has 24hrs constant light.

Are you suggesting arguing with me is futile? Lol. Well, let's ask eipreel cheesy

How have you been bro? Hope Jah has blessed the hustle?
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by adonismuller(m): 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
rationalmind:

Are you suggesting arguing with me is futile? Lol. Well, let's ask eipreel cheesy

the hustle has been tough bro, but a man gat to be a man....how have you been...

P.s...Now I get why you bashing Education in Nigeria...there is hope bro
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by HaneefahRN(f): 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
God o! Graduates don suffer for Naija.
@ Op, was the job requiring some1 with BSC or just SSCE? Cos I can't just imagine this.
And what course did you study? If it's one that you can use in teaching at a Sch, it's better you look towards the teaching line.
You can take up the offer now, so far ur transport and feeding wld be taken care of, but continue looking for better options every day.
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
adonismuller:
the hustle has been tough bro, but a man gat to be a man....how have you been...

P.s...Now I get why you bashing Education in Nigeria...there is hope bro

Been doing good bro, thanks for asking smiley
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by eipreel(f): 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
adonismuller:

rationalmind:

"Argue" is the antonym of "rationalmind" in case you are asked in a job test grin
Iffa hear say rationalmind sabi argue undecided
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by eipreel(f): 7:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
Madam OP I know how you feel...trust me I've been there before cry please weigh your options carefully and don't let anyone make you feel less of yourself. Wish you the best dear kiss
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
OP, if really you're not playing with our heads, then, for asking such a question, I can only feel shame. Shame that you are yet to understand the plain purpose of education, which is to restore the dignity of man (or put differently, know your right and fight for it). Shame that I bear the name graduate with people here who are even encouraging you to take it. It is a pity.

Where do I start to express my dismay?

Oh God! Has it gotten to this extent, that we have lost our dignity, our pride, our value, not as graduates, but as humans?

Let this thread never be opened to the eyes of your children; don't let them feel more shame than I already have felt.

For some moments in life, there are no words left to say... But then, I can't stop thinking about those who are trying very hard to encourage him take the job. Ah! ... You all need miracles in your lives.

Unless the OP and them all are really toying with our heads...
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by bchi(f): 9:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
Obi411:
OP, if really you're not playing with our heads, then, for asking such a question, I can only feel shame. Shame that you are yet to understand the plain purpose of education, which is to restore the dignity of man (or put differently, know your right and fight for it). Shame that I bear the name graduate with people here who are even encouraging you to take it. It is a pity.

Where do I start to express my dismay?

Oh God! Has it gotten to this extent, that we have lost our dignity, our pride, our value, not as graduates, but as humans?

Let this thread never be opened to the eyes of your children; don't let them feel more shame than I already have felt.

For some moments in life, there are no words left to say... But then, I can't stop thinking about those who are trying very hard to encourage him take the job. Ah! ... You all need miracles in your lives.

Unless the OP and them all are really toying with our heads...

It's real! I'm not kiding you
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by serendipityF: 11:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
You can send your CV to areeyah01@gmail.com

bchi:

please do you have any better job offer for me.
I appreciate
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by bchi(f): 6:46am On Oct 10, 2015
serendipityF:
You can send your CV to areeyah01@gmail.com

Sent
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 10, 2015
Capital No, how can a graduate go for a 10k job, please this is unacceptable . it's even better u go for a private home lesson which is three times a week and earn at least 15k, and on two separate kids u can make up to 30k or better still u can look around you for all these waec, gce and jamb lesson centres, there they pay 1250 per hour, some even pay 1500.And One good thing about these lessons is you will still have enough time for ursef and go for jobs interview. Its hightime graduates begin to reject all dis jobs which d working hours do not in any way commiserate with the salary. In a nut shell please reject that offer. May God help us
Re: Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000 by Nature129(m): 7:04am On Oct 10, 2015
Its sad that employers have devalued our high institution certificates because of massive unemployment situation. Please what is 10k and how much did even NYSC pay you? SSCE holders won't even enjoy doing the job of 10k. Please don't take it. You are better than that.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Big Salary Scale At Civil Defence ? Vacancies / Grooming Mfi Offer Letter Or Quit / Startimes Calling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.