Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,414 members, 7,800,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians (48670 Views)

Diezani Begs Buhari, Offers To Refund $2bn / $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani / CANCER: Pray For Me - Ex Petroleum Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 3:28am On Oct 10, 2015
• Ikokwu, Gbagi, Sarah Jubril disagree over her request

By Clifford Ndujihe (With agency report)

IMMEDIATE past Petroleum Resources Minister, Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke, who is battling with cancer in London and being investigated by UK’s National Crime Agency (NCA) for alleged corruption, has asked Nigerians for a special favour. She wants Nigerians to pray for her as she undergoes cancer surgery next week.

Speaking through Oscar Onwudiwe, her family’s lawyer, according to online newspaper, The Cable, Diezani, who denied reports of her arrest, said she was undergoing cancer treatment in the UK and “hopes to come out strong to face all the allegations.”

In a statement, Onwudiwe said: “The Madueke family, like most other families, has its own challenges. For instance, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke has been receiving treatment for cancer in the UK which started while she was in office. She completed months of chemotherapy just last week and she is scheduled to undergo surgery next week in London.

The family has been bearing this challenge with prayers and as much grace and fortitude as possible; and would plead with all reasonable Nigerians to pray for her recovery so that she can face these allegations and give account of her stewardship.”

The call for prayers came after an earlier statement released on Thursday in which the family revealed the state of the former minister. Onwudiwe had made the following statement:

“The stories are false but it(sic) feeds the mood of the moment; hence, the silence from Diezani all along. It is worth emphasising that Mrs Alison-Madueke was never arrested or detained and her passport was never seized.

She was merely invited, and she honoured it promptly. But there is a limit to how much any reasonable person can bear the tactics of these … We all know that what makes a lie fly is the little truth contained therein.

This happens to be the weapon used to defame highly-placed people.” Onwudiwe also accused the Nigerian media of reporting “laughable claims” of a purchase of an apartment in Hyde Park with an “amount which embarrassingly ranges from £12.5 million sterling to £13 billion sterling (N3.9tr).

“This claim is utterly false and laughable, for the amounts mentioned are only in the imagination of the reporters. This property is quite popular. It belongs to a well-known eminently successful Nigerian entrepreneur who would also find this allegation embarrassing as the intention to sell the property has neither been contemplated nor disclosed to any person.”

Mixed reaction greets Diezani’s prayer request

Diezani’s request elicited mixed reactions from some Nigerians. While some said they would not pray, others said they would pray for the speedy recovery of the former minister to enable her face her graft trial.

We will pray for her and all Nigerians – Ikokwu

Second Republic Politician, Chief Guy Ikokwu, who has always called for the restructuring of the country and adoption of the parliamentary system of government to check corruption, urged Nigerians to pray for the former oil minister.

‘’We will pray for her and all other Nigerians, both those who are ill and well so that God bestows His mercy on all for the right things to be done in the nation. Nigeria needs God’s mercy. God knows those who are guilty and those who are not guilty,’’ he said.

We will pray she recovers and asks for God’s forgiveness – Sarah Jubril

Former Presidential Candidate, Mrs Sarah Jubril said apart from quick recovery it is also good for Diezani to ask for God’s forgiveness if she is guilty of the graft allegations.

Her words: ‘’Thank God she believes Nigerians have a forgiving heart. We will pray she recovers and ask God for forgiveness if the allegations against her are true. Thank God she is alive. I wish her quick recovery. It is good she has the humility to ask Nigerians for their prayers. We hope to see her in good health soon.’’

She doesn’t deserve our prayers – Gbagi

However, former Minister of State for Education, Olorogun Kenneth Gbagi, disagreed and urged Nigerians not to pray for her. ‘’How can we pray for her when she put Nigeria into bankruptcy? Let her go and ask forgiveness from God.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/cancer-pray-for-me-diezani-begs-nigerians/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by Demmocrats(m): 3:34am On Oct 10, 2015
Y
Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by bookceleb: 3:37am On Oct 10, 2015
Do not worry ma..
we are praying fervently for you but not against cancer.
We are praying to God to help you return our yam jejely.

Stealing is now corruption...

287 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by Pavore9: 3:38am On Oct 10, 2015
l will certainly do that as it costs me nothing. Praying she is strengthened to render account to fellow Nigerians.

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by eleojo23: 3:39am On Oct 10, 2015
Madam get well soon and come and answer these allegations.

16 Likes

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by Firefire(m): 3:51am On Oct 10, 2015
It is well with her...

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by baby124: 3:52am On Oct 10, 2015
She will be alright. When you steal N1,000. One child somewhere in Nigeria has to go to bed hungry. Theft and corruption has a ripple effect. Some of those children have died, crushed on the street hawking food so they can eat. You are crying because you lived to an old age, and were trying to buy house in Hyde park. Not to talk of the top of the range medical care you are getting. That child that was crushed because of your greed would not even have been accepted in a hospital for treatment. Shame on you and your lawyers. There are cancer doctors in prison. Goodluck

469 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by Burger01(m): 4:24am On Oct 10, 2015
My only prayer for the shameless frog-eyed thief is to return our stolen monies. Nothing shot of that will ever give her peaceundecided

80 Likes

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by Christonjnr(m): 4:29am On Oct 10, 2015
I'll pray for you Madam simply because of the good work yu''ve done for us here.
Imposters will quench aft they heard u r not really arrested in UK

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by georjay(m): 4:33am On Oct 10, 2015
My prayer: you shall not die but live to declare your corrupt works!!!
Another prayer...If you didnt steal/siphon/divert government funds,you shall live buh if you did...*masturbators over to you*

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by LordMecuzy(m): 4:36am On Oct 10, 2015
Does she know many Nigerians die as a result of poverty and poor healthcare in Nigeria??

So if Jonathan was re-elected she would have resigned from her position to seek healthcare?

I don't know how to pray for Enemies of Nigeria Biko

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by jascon1(m): 4:51am On Oct 10, 2015
U have ruined millions of lives n now u need prayers to save yours How much more stupid can these guys get? We are praying that u return all the money (all of it) that u stole and for u to mention names of ur accomplices

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by modath(f): 4:59am On Oct 10, 2015
LordMecuzy:
Does she know many Nigerians die as a result of poverty and poor healthcare in Nigeria??

So if Jonathan was re-elected she would have resigned from her position to seek healthcare?

I don't know how to pray for Enemies of Nigeria Biko

The day people begin to see the world (with their own savings, not a sponsored one) & experience what a country is supposed TO BE, FEEL & RUN like, then would they understand the kind of evil our leaders are & have done to this great Nation...

Why the emotional BLACKMAIL ??, why is she not dealing with her illness in private?

Did she spare a thought for how much Nigeria needs cancer research centres, Dialysis centers & Kidney transplant centers & how much the billions she "kept" in escrow would have gone in the way of providing those

They have no reason to put forth that info, it's strictly to blackmail Nigerians emotionally,so we can say the usual ...

"LEAVE IT ALL TO GOD" lipsrsealed

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:05am On Oct 10, 2015
Nigerians should remember that irrespective of what she has really done and what she has been alleged to have done, Diezani is still one of us. We should pray for her recovery but this doesn't mean letting her off the hook. The law should take its course!

Get well soon Mrs Diezani, but I still advocate for your prosecution if the British find it necessary.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by myweb(m): 5:06am On Oct 10, 2015
Madam Diezani. I pray you will NEVER die before your time EXCEPT if found guilty in court and thereby sentenced to death by hanging for the number of souls you have sent to the great beyond with your looting.

I wish you worst than death because instant death never do justice to the evil you have committed to humankind.

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by Blazinraj01(f): 5:07am On Oct 10, 2015
I pray you are fine. Cancer isn't something to wish on your worst enemy. Almost like a death sentence.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 5:12am On Oct 10, 2015
She don thief finish?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by echobee(f): 5:25am On Oct 10, 2015
Suffer not a thief to live angry. Iranu abasha. Pray ko,pray ni undecided.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by LordMecuzy(m): 5:25am On Oct 10, 2015
modath:

Someone was in my mentions about my post about her yesterday, asking me to beg God for forgiveness for my lack of empathy for diezani.. I thought about not responding but eventually did....

I have said it times without number both in the real world & online, that the day people begin to see the world (with their own savings not a sponsored one) & experience what a country is supposed to be, feel & run like then they would understand the kind of evil our leaders are & have to this great Nation...

Why the pity party? They have no reason to put forth that info, it's to blackmail Nigerians & we say the usual ... "LEAVE IT ALL TO GOD" lipsrsealed

Exactly

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by jomoh: 5:36am On Oct 10, 2015
Ok we will.

Just make sure u return our money when you get better or else it will relapse.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by laurenziz6(m): 5:38am On Oct 10, 2015
Pple are dieing becuz of the billions u stole and ur saying what angry

The evil that women do lives after them or in your case kills them

[size=20pt]WEEVIN DA GREAT[/size]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:39am On Oct 10, 2015
If goodluck had won, this woman would be our petroleum minister still and God alone knows where Nigeria will be by now. God knows I supported him in 2011 but when sanusi came up with the $20 billion claim and instead of making an attempt to prove he was innocent he shielded froggy eyes from the Senate and from investigation, I knew his government was a joke that must stop and I thank God we stopped it. Diezani, the evil you did will live with you.

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 10, 2015
The Lord is your strength...

3 Likes

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 10, 2015
You dont need anybody`s prayer all that God want from you is to returns the loooted fund and be free of illness try it and thank me latter.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by cococandy(f): 5:56am On Oct 10, 2015
Does she really have cancer?

Mehn this thing is getting too much and too common. It's now an epidemic of sorts.
Hope she gets better.

1 Like

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by coldsummer: 6:02am On Oct 10, 2015
Lmao.

No she couldn't have said that

3 Likes

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by AWONEYAN(m): 6:23am On Oct 10, 2015
Tell the righteous it is well with him, . Isaiah 3 ;10
zekiel 3:18 (CJB) If I say to a wicked person, 'You will certainly d.e'.....

just quoating the scripture.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by IceDude(m): 6:27am On Oct 10, 2015
I nor dey pray mumu prayer, if na true say u steal our money return am jor!. Wetin sef! ........Money wey all Nigerians suppose flex nai one mumu person corner and she still get mouth to ask us for prayers. Make thunder fire u!

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by Eldorado01(m): 6:29am On Oct 10, 2015
my prayer for u goes thus:

u shall not die of cancer and may u never get cured

u shall return to nigeria to suffer in jail

u shall spend every other money u stole and hide from nigeria on ur acclaimed cancer

so shall it be...

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by otijah(m): 6:32am On Oct 10, 2015
Madam u ar healed in Jesus name. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by ab1x: 6:33am On Oct 10, 2015
I am so Touched. God will heal you IJMN. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 10, 2015
Yeah right; when you stole our money, you forgot that there is a God somewhere; a dake dajo, titobi re! some people would start their suffering from Genesis to Revelation and even their offspring could carry their cross from the past deeds.

Moral: Do right by your conscience on earth so that the earth would judge you right and maybe Heaven might just have mercy on your soul. Vanity upon vanity; all is vanity.

Btw; Buhari got the nod of the most populous Black Country on earth and his campaign was strictly on his integrity and someone even labeled him the most incorruptible man he has ever met; how does Amechi and fashola see themselves when the earth rejects them already just by their ministerial nominations; we forgive but we never forget.

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's WASC Results Has Three Credits Only - Sahara Reporters / Weapons Found On Protesting Shiite Members In Abuja (Photos) / Kano On Total Shutdown For Atiku - Dele Momodu react at PDP Rally In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.