Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe (58122 Views)

Americans Obtain Secret Information About Russia’s New Avangard Missiles / Michelle Obama Stuns At The 2017 ESPYS / Trump Calls Emergency U.N Meeting Over Success In North Korea Missile Test(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by virud: 10:14am On Oct 10, 2015
And my people are busy "stealing" ordinary paper called 'money'.
Meanwhile, and obviously, Russia is looking at the "Big Picture".
In time to come, mere money would not be enough to qualify any nation as being "Independent".
African Nations would never ever gain true independence until they start building their own weapons.
I Like the doggedness of this Russians... They would surely give good accounts of themselves in the face of any form of aggression.
Russia is the karma of the US. Checks and Balances the world...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Shymm3x: 10:25am On Oct 10, 2015
Lmao.

The world would be a safer place, with less terrorists. They were planning to train more Jihadists and give them weapons. These folks are just heartless. Thank you, Russia.

US axes $500m scheme to train Syrian rebels, says NYT

The US has axed its $500m (£326m) programme to train and equip moderate Syrian rebels to fight Islamic State in another move highlighting western failures as Russia seizes the initiative by launching direct military intervention in support of Bashar al-Assad.

Pentagon officials were expected to officially announce the end of the programme on Friday as the US defence secretary, Ashton Carter, left London after meetings with his British counterpart, Michael Fallon, about the conflicts in Syria and Iraq, the New York Times reported.

The programme was the most visible element of US backing for Syrian opposition groups but it has already suffered embarrassing setbacks. Last month, it transpired that it had trained only four or five fighters inside Syria and that others had surrendered to rival groups and handed over the their weapons when they crossed the border from Turkey. Other covert programmes are run by the CIA.

Who backs whom in the Syrian conflict
Read more
A senior US Department of Defense official said there would no longer be any more recruiting of moderate Syrian rebels to go through training programmes in Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates. Instead, a much smaller training centre would be set up in Turkey, where a small group of “enablers” – mostly leaders of opposition groups – would be taught operational methods such as how to call in airstrikes, the paper reported.

Gen Lloyd Austin, who heads the US military’s Central Command (Centcom), confirmed last month that 54 graduates of the programme were attacked by the al-Qaida affiliate, Jabhat al-Nusra, in northern Syria in July. It is still not clear how many of the fighters fled and were captured, or killed.

Austin told Congress there was no way of meeting the goal of 5,000 recruits a year, but urged patience. Another defence official blamed the reason for low numbers on the laborious vetting process used to recruit rebels.

The scrapping of the programme caps a disastrous few weeks for US policy on Syria, already weakened by the perception that while Obama is prepared to tackle Isis, he will not fight the Assad regime head on but is instead holding out for a political solution to end the conflict.

Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey are planning to step up arms supplies to Syrian rebel groups that are being targeted by Russian airstrikes, diplomats have told the Guardian. Those countries, as well as Syrians fighting Assad, argue overwhelmingly that the regime poses a far greater threat to the country than the jihadi group, which many see as a western fixation.

The US, like Britain, has been signalling in recent weeks that Assad could remain in power in Damascus for an undefined transitional period, fuelling opposition fears that they are being abandoned.

Russia denies missiles aimed at Syria landed in Iran
Read more
Obama said last week that Russia’s failure to distinguish between Isis fighters and moderate opposition forces was a “recipe for disaster”. The US president said his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, “doesn’t distinguish between Isil [Isis] and a moderate Sunni opposition that wants to see Mr Assad go. From their perspective, they’re all terrorists. And that’s a recipe for disaster.”

Fallon said after his talks with Carter that the UK government remained committed to building parliamentary support for RAF airstrikes against Isis in Syria despite Russia’s intervention.

“We will continue to build the case for military action in north-east Syria where Isil is headquartered, where its command and control is. Russian intervention doesn’t change that. We will continue to build the case for intervention in the new parliament,” he said.

Carter said Russia’s support for Assad was “illogical” and would ultimately rebound against Moscow. “They are going to have the effect of inflaming the very extremism that Russia claims to want to combat,” he said. “By taking the side of Assad they inflame the civil war – and therefore extremism – and prolong the suffering of the Syrian people. They are going to have the effect also of turning everyone against Russia itself. This will boomerang in a very direct way on Russia.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/09/us-to-axe-5-scheme-train-syrian-rebels-nyt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by abe4kom: 10:27am On Oct 10, 2015
hajlat:

When will Nigeria belong to these group of World super power ?
NEVER!
At least not under the name Nigeria.
Reason?

Parochialism, vested interest and paranoia.

No northern president would want a nuclear armed submarine or vessel docked in PH, calabar, Warri or Yenagoa. Much less stationing a missile battery in the east or south with missile capable of hitting anywhere in the north!

Hard but true

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2015
hajlat:

na to catch unarmed massob boys for Onitsha and runaway from boko haram in the name of "tactical maneuvering" them sabi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 10, 2015
Ehehm grin
Did they say Boko Haram Is ISIS abi na ISWAP?
Is it allegiance they pledged or are they one and the same cheesy cheesy
Putin said I should confirm and get back to him, please ask Shekau3 cool undecided

Please, look at the beautiful launch, look how the missiles follow each others trajectory.
When are we going to start as a nation

2 Likes

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Missy89(f): 11:28am On Oct 10, 2015
Shymm3x:

That's why we need a bi-polar (multi-polar) world where one country won't have absolute powers. The US had its time after the collapse of the Soviet Union. What did it do? It destroyed world peace with bombs while masking it with humanitarian intervention. It also created all the Muslim fundamentalists inconjuction with Saudi Arabia and Qatar to make our lives miserable with war mongering. Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, and now Syria with tens of millions dead and utter destruction everywhere. Some of these country will never recover from the utter destruction the US dealt on them. Evidently, if a next country is willing to come from the other side to put an end to the madness and create an atmosphere where vulnerable countries would be given cover from US' utter destruction and death squads under the banner of Jihadists - you just have to laud it. The whole world is behind Russia (based on public opinions) - from the UK (even the overwhelming majority of right-wing nutters), to Germany, to France, to Australia, to New Zealand, to Romania, to Czech, to Africa etc.. So he's the saviour from US' madness till proven otherwise. For how long are we going to be hiding from CIA created Islamists with people disturbing our lives with unnecessary surveillance and harassment at airport over false-flag?

Lmao! What NATO? I've never seen NATO deploy the Tomahawk missiles from over 1,000 miles. Just as the US has Patriot missiles, but we know the s300 is far superior to it. Ditto one-minute man vs. Topol. Please, don't compare a paper-tiger with the real deal. Yes, NATO has a far wider reach with quantity but Russia provides quality. grin

Well, I've never called Daily Beast a CIA mouthpiece. Matter of fact, I reference Daily Beast more often than any other US publication. Don't twist my words.

Anyway, how are ya Jihadist friends? I heard they're running for their lives now. grin

I hear you. Russia indeed do have a better strategy in Syria

Point is, The US navy have moved far beyond hitting static targets with cruise missiles and have successfully tested synthetically guided Tomahawk missiles that can hit moving targets, alter its course toward the moving target after receiving position updates from surveillance aircraft/drones. They can even loiter over a target area. When Russia have the capability in 2056, Let me know cool.

The only area Russia can even dream to compete with the US navy is with submarines. Most Russian naval surface ships are old soviet legacy relics. They are modernizing however i will give them that.

S300 is a fascinating piece of technology but USAF wont even break a sweat penetrating it. There are advanced Miniature Air-Launched Decoys that can render it obsolete if it is integrated with Joint Standoff Weapons like AGM-154 and advanced Anti-Radiation missiles. A comprehensive USAF Iron Hand operation will amaze you.

Russia's military quality is impressive but very limited.

9 Likes

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Tkester: 11:39am On Oct 10, 2015
@ Missy,

I'm sure you didn't read the article (remember it's from a western source), because if you did you will notice that the ship is far better than the western analogues - because the missiles are mounted on a 150 feet ship and it displace only 1500 tons of water (to the utter amazement and embarrassment of the west) Unlike its American counterpart that is 500 feet long displacing over 9000 tons of water. This is something Putin was able to achieve within just 5 years of being in power. Point is, the Ruskies are not the noisy types, they've a lot of secret weapons - cooling off and waiting for the final Armageddon. Dare them to your own peril. Or you may chose to drown in your own created fantasy

I know you won't like this, but again it's not your fault.

5 Likes

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Shymm3x: 11:44am On Oct 10, 2015
Missy89:

Point is, The US navy have moved far beyond hitting static targets with cruise missiles and have successfully tested synthetically guided Tomahawk missiles that can hit moving targets, alter its course toward the moving target after receiving position updates from surveillance aircraft/drones. They can even loiter over a target area. When Russia have the capability in 2056, Let me know cool.

The only area Russia can even dream to compete with the US navy is with submarines. Most Russian naval surface ships are old soviet legacy relics. They are modernizing however i will give them that.

S300 is a fascinating piece of technology but USAF wont even break a sweat penetrating it. There are advanced Miniature Air-Launched Decoys that can render it obsolete if it is integrated with Joint Standoff Weapons like AGM-154 and advanced Anti-Radiation missiles.

So, are you joining #TeamPutin like the rest of the world, or are you still in bed with CIA's Jihadists? tongue

Lmao @ synthetically guided TLAM. Another paper test, you mean? I'm sure the Russia already have something far better than that, the same way they just shocked the world with 3M-14s. The funniest thing is that I've never seen both the US and UK use TLAM outside the waters of an intended target and against any country with a decent air defence. However, we just saw Russia hit targets from the Caspian sea across two countries successfully. And apart from the fact that the missiles went through Iran which is a formidable country - they also went through Iraq where the US has a lot of assets. Also, 3M-14s is already more advanced than TLAM since the former is supersonic, while the latter is subsonic. And I'm sure the range is also far more superior.

Lmao again. Have you seen the new Russian vessels? Anyway, apart from Subs which are the most important tools in naval warfare - the rest are just sitting targets for missiles. And don't even bring up obsolete aircraft carriers cos those are scrap metals...sitting duck for missiles. grin

Yes, the same way the F-117 Nighthawk stealth aircraft was shot down by an obsolete SA-3 in Serbia, no? grin Have you seen s500s and the new Pantsir?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 10, 2015
Mother Russia... Badass momma of life

4 Likes

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Missy89(f): 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
Shymm3x:

So, are you joining #TeamPutin like the rest of the world, or are you still in bed with CIA's Jihadists? tongue

Lmao @ synthetically guided TLAM. Another paper test, you mean? I'm sure the Russia already have something far better than that, the same way they just shocked the world with 3M-14s. The funniest thing is that I've never seen both the US and UK use TLAM outside the waters of an intended target and against any country with a decent air defence. However, we just saw Russia hit targets from the Caspian sea across two countries successfully. And apart from the fact that the missiles went through Iran which is a formidable country - they also went through Iraq where the US has a lot of assets. Also, 3M-14s is already more advanced than TLAM since the former is supersonic, while the latter is subsonic. And I'm sure the range is also far more superior.

Lmao again. Have you seen the new Russian vessels? Anyway, apart from Subs which are the most important tools in naval warfare - the rest are just sitting targets for missiles. And don't even bring up obsolete aircraft carriers cos those are scrap metals...sitting duck for missiles. grin

Yes, the same way the F-117 Nighthawk stealth aircraft was shot down by an obsolete SA-3 in Serbia, no? grin Have you seen s500s and the new Pantsir?

Lol @ being in bed with the Jihadist.

Yeah they are two different categories but the superiority is subjective. Most experts are comparing the characteristics to a TLAM and there are Tomahawks with that range as well. US navy and the Royal navy use cruise missiles from international waters every time.

Russia is in bed with Iran and Iraq, so If it does go thru Iran and Iraq, there will be coordination so that part is not even valid at all. And i am surprised you haven't noticed that the Cruise missile was deployed from the southern part of the Caspian Sea (Iranian part of the sea) to avoid Azerbaijan and most importantly Turkish airspace.

S500 is impressive but still untested on the battlefield. Any expert will tell you however that USAF can conduct a successful SEAD mission anywhere even if it is over Russia's airspace but it might take months or even years to penetrate. The scenario will never happen however.

Do you think RuAF Can penetrate US airspace with their quality weapons?

2 Likes

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
hajlat:

When we get off oil and become industrial.

When an engineering graduate sets up his own firm....rather than go work in some bank.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by CSTR2: 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
Absolute trash. Archaic technology.
Bleh.
The US wouldn't lose sleep over this.

1 Like

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Amack(m): 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
Putin world strongest man. America world number one gay and satanic country. Bleep their green gay card.

7 Likes

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2015
OBAMA IS TOO WEAK. IF IT WERE GEORGE BUSH, BY NOW HE WOULD HAVE INVADED RUSSIA AND DESTROY PUTIN AND HIS FAKE MISSILE
Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2015
Amack:
Putin world strongest man. America world number one gay and satanic country. Bleep their green gay card.

RANTS OF A FAILED AMERICAN VISA SEEKER

11 Likes

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by TITOBIGZ(m): 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
bufness:
boko haram needs just one of this
Na so my brova,gringrin;DJust one inside sambisa nd d rest is .......
But waht am i doing here self

1 Like

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by CSTR2: 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
The US submarine based TRIDENT missile system that releases over 250 stealth missiles(nukes and otherwise)continously for 24 hours is still the stuff to beat.
Anything else is just background noise.

5 Likes

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by thundafire: 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
nobody doubt their capabilities thou USA weapons stand out Russia is also part of dy rise of ISIL cs if wen other countries especially MIDDLE EAST wanted ASSAD out President of syria dy supported him nd also attacked dy protesters nw re dy attacking dy ISIL no but other militants fighting dy government emperor putin is jst a problem even in his own countrty

1 Like

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by 400billionman: 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
Up Russia.

Up China.

The game is hot..

6 Likes

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by CSTR2: 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
Shymm3x:

The fact that you would bring the russian navy into comparison with the US is just laughable.
Heck, the german navy would swallow russia's.
You are delving to the realms of fiction.

2 Likes

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
This shows that USA secretly supports terrorism. can USA swear that they never knew about terrorist training camps?

USA and hypocrisy is like bread and butter.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Missy89(f): 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
Tkester:
@ Missy,

I'm sure you didn't read the article (remember it's from a western source), because if you did you will notice that the ship is far better than the western analogues - because the missiles are mounted on a 150 feet ship and it displace only 1500 tons of water (to the utter amazement and embarrassment of the west) Unlike its American counterpart that is 500 feet long displacing over 9000 tons of water. This is something Putin was able to achieve within just 5 years of being in power. Point is, the Ruskies are not the noisy types, they've a lot of secret weapons - cooling off and waiting for the final Armageddon. Dare them to your own peril. Or you may chose to drown in your own created fantasy

I know you won't like this, but again it's not your fault.

Yeah I read that part. It was impressive. But i am not moved.

1 Like

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Missy89(f): 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
CSTR2:
The fact that you would bring the russian navy into comparison with the US is just laughable.
Heck, the german navy would swallow russia's.
You are delving to the realms of fiction.

Shym is not thinking straight because of his man crush on Putin.

1 Like

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by adepiero: 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
Tkester:

The bolded is for those who think that the Russia's military is all about the information they get from CIA controlled media. Russia has got some badass weapons, doubt it to your own peril.
Must you quote the whole thread just to make a point angry
Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
Interesting article smiley
Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by CSTR2: 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Underground: 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
searching4love:
OBAMA IS TOO WEAK. IF IT WERE GEORGE BUSH, BY NOW HE WOULD HAVE INVADED RUSSIA AND DESTROY PUTIN AND HIS FAKE MISSILE

Lol! Lots of puerile posts in here. Not everyone must comment in the Foreign Affairs section, I hope you know?

Perhaps you should stick to the Romance section as your name suggests?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by wristbangle: 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
Missy89:

S300 is a fascinating piece of technology but USAF wont even break a sweat penetrating it. There are advanced Miniature Air-Launched Decoys that can render it obsolete if it is integrated with Joint Standoff Weapons like AGM-154 and advanced Anti-Radiation missiles. A comprehensive USAF Iron Hand operation will amaze you.

Well analysed. Love this. cool

1 Like

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by CSTR2: 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
Missy89:

Shym is not thinking straight because of his man crush on Putin.
I am sure he is probably laughing at his post offline.
Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by modath(f): 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
eleko1:
Those Boko Rams Bastards need such.Abeg Russian,make una com helep us here

Same exact thoughts I was about to type...

Darling Bubu, please stop famzing barack, vladimir is the main Gee...

Western bloc propaganda be damned!!!

3 Likes

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
searching4love:

Funny you. Under Bush Russia invaded Georgia and North Korea tested a nuclear device and coward Bush couldn't do anything. Instead he went searching for a non-existent WMD because he knew Iraq was weak militarily. You watch too much hollywood war movies. George Bush was the greatest coward in recent history

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe by Deltagiant: 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
Ergonomics matched with power...Russia seems to have gained a slight edge over the pentagon on this one. But, trust the US, they always have hidden surprises as regards weapons research and development. Interesting indeed.

I have always respected Russia's Black Sea Fleet at Sevastiapol.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Americans Blast Zelensky For Rejecting Elon Musk's Peace Deal With Russia (Pics) / Putin Places Sergey Beseda Under House Arrest / Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.