Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

#TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records (24937 Views)

Senate Won't Disclose #Thelist Until Plenary On Tuesday - Saraki / #thelist Trends On Twitter As Nigerians Await Buhari's Ministers / 36 Ministerial Nominees With Ita Enang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

#TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by midolian(m): 10:01am On Oct 10, 2015
The Department of State Security Services (DSS) on Friday invited all the 21 candidates named by President Muhammadu Buhari for security checks.

The verification includes scrutiny of educational certificates, checks for any past prosecution, among others.

Also, Nigeria Police Force might subject the nominees to another documentation process, The Nation reports.

After the ongoing checks, a security report may be submitted to President Muhammadu Buhari and the Senate by the DSS on the suitability of the nominees.

At the DSS office yesterday were Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazzau, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, Suleiman Adamu, Chief Audu Ogbeh, Amina Mohammed, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, Musa Ibeto, among others.

All the nominees were asked to fill Personal Identification Form (PIF) which requires data about their places of birth, schools attended, work experience and past offices held.

“The details provided will lead to further investigation by the DSS to confirm the veracity or otherwise of what they have filled in the PIF,” a source told The Nation.

“The security agencies are paying attention to the educational certificates of most of the nominees to avoid a situation where some Nigerians will join issues with these candidates.

“The essence of inviting these nominees is to certify that what they have pleaded is what they have. You will recall that some past leaders of the National Assembly tampered with their age and a few others presented fake certificates. The era of bloated Curriculum Vitae is gone. We do not want any nominee to embarrass the President in the Senate.

“We have had instances in the past where ministers could not even locate their certificates or past records of service.”

“Any nominee with any challenge capable of creating image crisis for the government or unfit to be a minister may be dropped.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/10/ministerial-list-dss-begins-screening-as-buhari-set-to-drop-nominees-with-fake-records/

Lalasticlala

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by HopeAtHand: 10:07am On Oct 10, 2015
Haven't they been screened by the DSS and EFCC before now..or is this 2nd missionary screening?? grin

Abeg, name the Ministers and lets get on.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by themilanway(m): 10:11am On Oct 10, 2015
Great move.Buhari means business.

Nigeria must forward whether PDP likes it or not.

16 Likes

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by BlackrulesDworld(m): 10:13am On Oct 10, 2015
Ok
Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by hinwazaka: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2015
All this is just BULL. The nominees and the FOOLISH president can submit themselves to the CIA, Mossad and Mi6, for all we care. The major thing is that if they do not meet the requirements of the Senate, they should just forget it, irrespective of the constitution's diction of the 21 days rule. Amaechi and the 20 thieves better get into their thick skull, that the President can't save them, the earlier they recognize this, the better.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by hinwazaka: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2015
All this is just BULL. The nominees and the FOOLISH president can submit themselves to the CIA, Mossad and Mi6, for all we care. The major thing is that if they do not meet the requirements of the Senate, they should just forget it, irrespective of the constitution's dictate of the 21 days rule. Amaechi and the 20 thieves better get into their thick skull, that the President can't save them, the earlier they recognize this, the better.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by midolian(m): 10:14am On Oct 10, 2015
Should this mean there is still the possibility of some ministers being dropped? choi!

hinwazaka:
All this is just BULL. The nominees and the FOOLISH president can submit themselves to the CIA, Mossad and Mi6, for all we care. The major thing is that if they do not meet the requirements of the Senate, they should just forget it, irrespective of the constitution's diction of the 21 days rule. Amaechi and the 20 thieves better get into their thick skull, that the President can't save them, the earlier they recognize this, the better.
Easy Mr Hinwazaka grin grin

1 Like

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by tomakint: 10:15am On Oct 10, 2015
I cannot but laugh at how the drama is unfolding cheesy grin imagine a whole Amaechi we all know being asked to fill a Personal Identification Form (PIF) like pikin wey wan enrol for public school cheesy he thought he was smart then when he was running down Jonathan, I swear Oga Jona go don laugh die the truth is, Buhari is just playing games with Amaevhi.... grin cheesy Won't you agree with me Demdem.......grin cheesy

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 10, 2015
This man wahala sef don dey too much. grin

Tomakint, pls remove that picture above me. I need some fresh air angry

11 Likes

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by SouthernBreeze(m): 10:33am On Oct 10, 2015
Lai Mohameed need to be droped and replaced with Midolian. The guy need to be rewarded too for being a Bubu sycophant here on Nairaland grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 10, 2015
“We have had instances in the past where ministers could not even locate their certificates or past records of service.”

Pls cheesy grin grin lwkmd. Pot calling kettle black.

Pls quote me and perish, I didn't mentio the name of any president of any west African country that could be Fulani with forged result and f9 in maths. I didn't mention anybody's name. grin grin

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by Nelkoko: 10:40am On Oct 10, 2015
Ameachi(Aladin) n d 20 thives...hahahahhah

7 Likes

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by tomakint: 10:43am On Oct 10, 2015
JEGA01:
This man wahala sef don dey too much. grin

Tomakint, pls remove that picture above me. I need some fresh air angry
Ok.....grin cheesy here you go cheesy

22 Likes

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by midolian(m): 10:46am On Oct 10, 2015
SouthernBreeze:
Lai Mohameed need to be droped and replaced with Midolian. The guy need to be rewarded too for being a Bubu sycophant here on Nairaland grin
hahahaha.. I dey fear protest from nairaland wailers. If Buhari add me to that list, na that time u go know say I get plenty enemies for nairaland. The first thing you ll see is the chief wailer's (tonyebarcanista) article against my nomination. Abeg make I dey my own jeje. I am not a sycophant. I am just a well-meaning Nigerian doing what is necessary to bring many out of darkness. grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:47am On Oct 10, 2015
dis is changing the change. Sha na their cufment so they can do warefa dem like, e no consain me.

2 Likes

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 10, 2015
tomakint:
Ok.....grin cheesy here you go cheesy
Now you are talking grin grin
Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by SouthernBreeze(m): 10:49am On Oct 10, 2015
I don't think so. You're the opposite of wat you just said grin
midolian:
hahahaha.. I dey fear protest from nairaland wailers. If Buhari add me to that list, na that time u go know say I get plenty enemies for nairaland. The first thing you ll see is the chief wailer's (tonyebarcanista) article against my nomination. Abeg make I dey my own jeje. I am not a sycophant. I am just a well-meaning Nigerian doing what is necessary to bring many out of darkness. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 10, 2015
APC is synonymous with confusion.

DSS, EFCC and ICPC have vetted the list before it was sent to the Senate.

The Senate did Same and then send it again to DSS

The DSS will vet it again but the common man still knows that ROTIMI AMAECHI is a THIEF.

What have they been Vetting?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by alexlee50: 10:52am On Oct 10, 2015
themilanway:
Great move.Buhari means business.

Nigeria must forward whether PDP likes it or not.
na PDP dey drag nigeria go back? APC dey power, let them behave like a party in power instead of acting like the opposition

11 Likes

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by midolian(m): 10:57am On Oct 10, 2015
SouthernBreeze:
I don't think so. You're the opposite of wat you just said grin
lol..na u sabi. This is to show that it is you who would lead the protest against my nomination sef. #BadbelleWailer grin

2 Likes

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:58am On Oct 10, 2015
midolian:
TonyeBarcanista is not your enemy. I don't do politics of hate! I only look at people with shady record...

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:01am On Oct 10, 2015
hinwazaka:
APC and Buhari should stop taking Nigerians for fools. Today, they will tell us how the ministerial nominees were cleared by DSS, tomorrow they will tell us how the ministerial nominees WILL be cleared by the same DSS. What a confused set of people.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by SouthernBreeze(m): 11:02am On Oct 10, 2015
Why I nor go protest wen you go dey feed us with fake info grin grin
midolian:
lol..na u sabi. This is to show that it is you who would lead the protest against my nomination sef. #BadbelleWailer grin

3 Likes

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by midolian(m): 11:06am On Oct 10, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
TonyeBarcanista is not your enemy. I don't do politics of hate! I only look at people with shady record...
I believe you, barca grin grin

---[size=1pt]with tongue in cheek[/size]

2 Likes

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by Orjioorji(f): 11:14am On Oct 10, 2015
foolish people, you want to check their school attended when the dullard has no O level himself

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by damton(m): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2015
Good. Baba is in control.
Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by BlackPeni5: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2015
It took 5 months yet they are still screening. Confused set of people.

10 Likes

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by emmanuel596(m): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2015
Watching .....sarikis case almost catched fire after a hidden court session that news men and cameras were denied access to they adjourned the case to only GOD knows when few weeks ago the list was trending and no appointments were made even at 1st of October up till now let's not waste our time and decive ourselves u will still find out dat all d norminies were screened and no 1 was found guilty all this things will surely come to pass.....qoute me anywhere this is nigeria and we know as he dey be

1 Like

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by LivingDiamond(m): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2015
Well done!

1 Like

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by Sweetyie(f): 11:31am On Oct 10, 2015
This game is getting more interesting
Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by neocortex: 11:31am On Oct 10, 2015
We have had instances in the past where ministers could not even locate their certificates or past records of service.”

Buhari lacks the moral right to ask for their certificates , Afterall he himself has
no school cert.
Even if they present Nepa Bill , they must still be cleared grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records by ykwildchild: 11:32am On Oct 10, 2015
Sai baba

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/3

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samuel Ortom: I Have Been Paying Salaries Since I Left APC / Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? / Peter Obi (obidents) Supporters Acting Mad – Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.