Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Arik Airline Denies Missing Luggage......how Can? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Airline Denies Missing Luggage......how Can? (1009 Views)

BREAKING: FG Takes Over Arik Airline - Vanguard / The Arik Airline Passenger Seat An Expatriate Saw Today (pics) / Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Airline Denies Missing Luggage......how Can? by Osezzua(m): 10:43am On Oct 10, 2015
This happened to a friend of mine and I want to share it with my fellow NL.

A friend who traveled on Arik airline on board flight W3 632 which operated Lagos to Warri on 20th August, 2015 couldn't find his only luggage he checked in and was given boarding pass along side with Baggage Tag before boarding when he got to his destination (Warri). The gentle guy complained to their desk in Warri and later, in Lagos airport when he returned to Lagos and they promised to get to him, that if the luggage is not found within 21 days that he will get a refund for his luggage. He was given the customer ID 182363602.
To his greatest surprise this is the email he received from Arik airline on 6th October, 2015, after close to two months.

Dear xxxxx,
We would like to use this opportunity to thank you for bringing your concern to our attention.

We regret to learn about your experience regarding your missing bag onboard flight W3 632 which operated Lagos to Warri on 20th August, 2015.
We understand how disappointing this must have been and sincerely regret that we are unable to offer a flawless service on this occasion.
Permit us to explain that, we have checked through our record and there was no record your bag being checked-in.
We are committed to providing our valuable customer with excellent customer services, yet unanticipated situations do take place.
Regrettably, Arik Air will not be able to accept liability for the missing bag has there was no record of the bag being checked-in.

Please be assured that at Arik Air, we value our esteemed guests such as you, and aim to render excellent customer service to them at all times and such, we are working assiduously to constantly strive to offer world class service to our esteemed guests.

Once again, we regret the inconvenience experienced, and hope that despite all, you will give us another opportunity restore your convenience in us as we look forward to welcoming you onboard our flight soon.
We thank you for your understanding.
Yours sincerely,
Kikelomo Lawal
For: Customer Relations Desk

The question now is how come he has a baggage tag without his baggage checked-in? And why did it take this long for Arik Air to find out that this guy never checked-in his bag if their statement is correct from the mail?
Moreso, does this mean that the Arik Air staffs on duty don't take record of baggages as they give out baggage tags?

My dear nairalanders, please lets address this issue because i know there are others with similar experience.
Arik Air need to sit up...
Re: Arik Airline Denies Missing Luggage......how Can? by Sweetyie(f): 10:44am On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Arik Airline Denies Missing Luggage......how Can? by Swegzfreak: 11:06am On Oct 10, 2015
Sweetyie:
Sweety nwa!!! See fine pikin... Ehen ehnn OP what were you saying?
Re: Arik Airline Denies Missing Luggage......how Can? by Sweetyie(f): 11:12am On Oct 10, 2015
Swegzfreak:

Sweety nwa!!! See fine pikin... Ehen ehnn OP what were you saying?
grin embarassed embarassed cheesy
Re: Arik Airline Denies Missing Luggage......how Can? by skytanics(m): 11:25am On Oct 10, 2015
somebody needs to do his or her job to meet customer needs. what are they paying those uniformed staffs for? that baggage need to come out now or....
Re: Arik Airline Denies Missing Luggage......how Can? by trapQ: 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2015
Dear OP

Your friend is taking this issue too kindly. The baggage tag is the ONLY PROOF that his luggage was checked in. If he still has it, I suggest he takes appropriate actions. This nonesense has to stop. Our airlines are beyond incompetent. One time my dad's package was malhandled and torn. He threatened to sue them but the Boss came and pleaded with him, and so he let it go. Your friend should have taken proper actions long ago.
Re: Arik Airline Denies Missing Luggage......how Can? by magicminister: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
I stopped flying arik a while ago.
If arik is the onlyy Vailable flight, I will bus.
Make una dey use una head. Arik no be airline.
Re: Arik Airline Denies Missing Luggage......how Can? by rhames(m): 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
Osezzua:
This happened to a friend of mine and I want to share it with my fellow NL.

A friend who traveled on Arik airline on board flight W3 632 which operated Lagos to Warri on 20th August, 2015 couldn't find his only luggage he checked in and was given boarding pass along side with Baggage Tag before boarding when he got to his destination (Warri). The gentle guy complained to their desk in Warri and later, in Lagos airport when he returned to Lagos and they promised to get to him, that if the luggage is not found within 21 days that he will get a refund for his luggage. He was given the customer ID 182363602.
To his greatest surprise this is the email he received from Arik airline on 6th October, 2015, after close to two months.

Dear xxxxx,
We would like to use this opportunity to thank you for bringing your concern to our attention.

We regret to learn about your experience regarding your missing bag onboard flight W3 632 which operated Lagos to Warri on 20th August, 2015.
We understand how disappointing this must have been and sincerely regret that we are unable to offer a flawless service on this occasion.
Permit us to explain that, we have checked through our record and there was no record your bag being checked-in.
We are committed to providing our valuable customer with excellent customer services, yet unanticipated situations do take place.
Regrettably, Arik Air will not be able to accept liability for the missing bag has there was no record of the bag being checked-in.

Please be assured that at Arik Air, we value our esteemed guests such as you, and aim to render excellent customer service to them at all times and such, we are working assiduously to constantly strive to offer world class service to our esteemed guests.

Once again, we regret the inconvenience experienced, and hope that despite all, you will give us another opportunity restore your convenience in us as we look forward to welcoming you onboard our flight soon.
We thank you for your understanding.
Yours sincerely,
Kikelomo Lawal
For: Customer Relations Desk

The question now is how come he has a baggage tag without his baggage checked-in? And why did it take this long for Arik Air to find out that this guy never checked-in his bag if their statement is correct from the mail?
Moreso, does this mean that the Arik Air staffs on duty don't take record of baggages as they give out baggage tags?

My dear nairalanders, please lets address this issue because i know there are others with similar experience.
Arik Air need to sit up...

Sue this guys for negligence and they will surely be taught a lesson of their lives.

(1) (Reply)

Evacuation of Dead Bodies Begin Survivors Rushed To Hospital After Otedola Brid( / Sad. A Terrible Accident Claimed 18 Lives In Ekiti Today (Graphics photos) / 56-year-old Spiderman, Climbs 662ft Tower In Broad Daylight (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.