Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan (138986 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by moonraker(m): 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2018
blackbriar:

I hear mext is now embassy staff children business o.

cheesy cheesy grin angry angry

Your head they there...
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by aguizm(m): 8:25am On Jun 19, 2018
I'm about booking for my hotel reservations, do i need to pay from naija or wen i get there? And is the money refundable incase visa gets denied. cc: davodguy, blackbriar, moonraker
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 3:04am On Jun 20, 2018
aguizm:
I'm about booking for my hotel reservations, do i need to pay from naija or wen i get there? And is the money refundable incase visa gets denied. cc: davodguy, blackbriar, moonraker

Not all hotels refund payments so you have to look for such hotels, basically use Airbnb it’s cheaper
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2018
[quote author=blackbriar post=68582197]

I hear mext is now embassy staff children business o.[/quote
Please can you shed more light on this please

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2018
moonraker:

Your head they there...
Sir I have been sending you pms no reply. Sir please do you have info partaining to the MEXT scholarship
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by aguizm(m): 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
blackbriar:

Not all hotels refund payments so you have to look for such hotels, basically use Airbnb it’s cheaper
Thanks Boss
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 6:41pm On Jun 20, 2018
moonraker:

Your head they there...
Seriously shocked shocked shocked shocked. And I wasted time to apply o.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by moonraker(m): 1:45am On Jun 21, 2018
Freshemzy:

Sir I have been sending you pms no reply. Sir please do you have info partaining to the MEXT scholarship

Apologies. I don’t respond to PMs. If you have question, post it on here for everyone to see. Unless of course u have very specific questions.

With that being said, no I don’t have an
Information. I will tell u this though. When the embassy was still in Victoria island Lagos,

That scholarship was a mix of embassy’s children and regular folk. Abuja on the other hand, is lipsrsealed

I believe applications open in may. You would have to wait until next year. Check the mofa website
For more info
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:51pm On Jun 21, 2018
moonraker:

Apologies. I don’t respond to PMs. If you have question, post it on here for everyone to see. Unless of course u have very specific questions.

Information. I will tell u this though. When the embassy was still in Victoria island Lagos,

That scholarship was a mix of embassy’s children and regular folk. Abuja on the other hand, is lipsrsealed

I believe applications open in may. You would have to wait until next year. Check the mofa website
For more info

Too bad from the Japanese govt, i had so much faith in the system. No wonder a lad from the north missed it even with his first class. I erroneously thought it was his religion, but then, Indonesians win it ditto Malays"

Can I send you a PM? I have very specific questions.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 22, 2018
moonraker:

For more info
Sir do you know anyone that has been given the scholarship before
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 22, 2018
blackbriar:

I hear mext is now embassy staff children business o.
Please can you shed more light on this
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by moonraker(m): 1:16am On Jun 23, 2018
Freshemzy:

Sir do you know anyone that has been given the scholarship before

Your speaking to one of them.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by moonraker(m): 1:17am On Jun 23, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Too bad from the Japanese govt, i had so much faith in the system. No wonder a lad from the north missed it even with his first class. I erroneously thought it was his religion, but then, Indonesians win it ditto Malays"

Can I send you a PM? I have very specific questions.

Yeh, go ahead.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 1:46am On Jun 23, 2018
Freshemzy:

Please can you shed more light on this

Bros there’s no light to shed o, if you know you know
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 24, 2018
moonraker:

Ope oo sir was it undergraduate or graduate because am planning to apply for undergraduate program.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2018
moonraker:

Sir How's the application process. Is there going to be exams?. Sir I have a specific question can I send a pm
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Gerrard59(m): 4:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
Freshemzy:

Sir How's the application process. Is there going to be exams?. Sir I have a specific question can I send a pm

There will be an examination. It was stated in the scholarship application.

P.S. I'm not a recipient of the scholarship. I just understand the process quite well.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by moonraker(m): 1:15am On Jun 25, 2018
Freshemzy:

Ope oo sir was it undergraduate or graduate because am planning to apply for undergraduate program.

undergrad
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by moonraker(m): 1:21am On Jun 25, 2018
Freshemzy:

It was a look time ago but the way the process went was something like this.

Application- screening- exams- screening- interview- screening- final meeting.

Basically if you get to join the final meeting, your in. As at that time, they only took two students for undergrad and maybe 5 for grad.

It may have changed now, i am not sure.

As for PM`s, the nairaland way of doing PM`s is to me time consuming and simply not worth it.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
moonraker:

It was a look time ago but the way the process went was something like this.

Application- screening- exams- screening- interview- screening- final meeting.

Basically if you get to join the final meeting, your in. As at that time, they only took two students for undergrad and maybe 5 for grad.

It may have changed now, i am not sure.

As for PM`s, the nairaland way of doing PM`s is to me time consuming and simply not worth it.
Thanks sir for all the information
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 25, 2018
Gerrard59:

There will be an examination. It was stated in the scholarship application.

P.S. I'm not a recipient of the scholarship. I just understand the process quite well.
Thanks very much
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by daryoor(m): 2:21am On Jul 28, 2018
moonraker:

Lol sorry bro... to be honest, your email was perceived as you got everything under control...

With regards to your question, i guess you will have to consider the cost of the ticket....Flying into HND though would be my recommendation

because its in central Tokyo, compared to Narita....

Have you considered taking the bus?? its more cheaper if you ask me

Hello, im trying the language school student visa. I have been on google i could not find what i was looking for. Do u have any info on lang school that will enroll a 30 year old graduate, without prior japanese language and will be will to take half payment of the 1 year / 1 year plus school fees ?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by moonraker(m): 2:38am On Jul 28, 2018
daryoor:

Hello, im trying the language school student visa. I have been on google i could not find what i was looking for. Do u have any info on lang school that will enroll a 30 year old graduate, without prior japanese language and will be will to take half payment of the 1 year / 1 year plus school fees ?

You need to find a language school first, negotiate the terms and see if they agree. Then they would probably send you an admission letter. Age has nothing to do with it. However, the most difficult part of your task is to be able to convince the Embassy that your going there strictly for education. I will be honest, language school is out of the question. Its usually a one year course and that isnt enough grounds for the embassy to issue you a visa. Apply to a University instead.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Kaybee7000(m): 8:16am On Jul 28, 2018
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by daryoor(m): 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
moonraker:

You need to find a language school first, negotiate the terms and see if they agree. Then they would probably send you an admission letter. Age has nothing to do with it. However, the most difficult part of your task is to be able to convince the Embassy that your going there strictly for education. I will be honest, language school is out of the question. Its usually a one year course and that isnt enough grounds for the embassy to issue you a visa. Apply to a University instead.
i will apply to the university straight now, so how will i be able to learn japanese while i study the masters. Cause i am really willing to intergrate with the society not just hustle to return home .

im going to Google now but any info pertaining to masters admission u have ill appreciate
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Jacob50(m): 4:22am On Aug 01, 2018
Hey Guys,
II was hoping I can get advice here

I'm trying to do my masters in Japan and I can currently cover every oda expenses but my tuition fee. So I was planning on travelling ova there, work for d period b4 admissions start coming in then use my salary to pay the tuition. I was wondering if anybody here can advice on the type of visa that can offer me something close to this possibility.
A work holiday visa would have worked but Nigeria is not on the list allowed to apply for a Work holiday visa

Ps: I do have a relative there willing to help.
Thanks in advance
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by moonraker(m): 1:06am On Aug 02, 2018
Jacob50:
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to do my masters in Japan and I can currently cover every oda expenses but my tuition fee. So I was planning on travelling ova there, work for d period b4 admissions start coming in then use my salary to pay the tuition. I was wondering if anybody here can advice on the type of visa that can offer me something close to this possibility.
A work holiday visa would have worked but Nigeria is not on the list allowed to apply for a Work holiday visa

Thanks in advance

I feel you and i understand where you are coming from.

The problem with Japan is that you cant come here on a tourist visa and expect to change it to a student or work visa.

You would have had to do all that in Nigeria. Obviously, for you to get a work permit from Nigeria, you would need a

a job offer. Now, what are the chances of a Japanese company hiring someone all the way from Nigeria, when they could

easily get someone local. You get my drift? Plus even if you came on a tourist visa and you decide that you want to work

during you time there, No employer would want to employ you, for the sole reason that your Visa isnt in line. Are you getting

the bigger picture? My advice?? come in with the right papers and then change later.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 1:36am On Aug 02, 2018
daryoor:

i will apply to the university straight now, so how will i be able to learn japanese while i study the masters. Cause i am really willing to intergrate with the society not just hustle to return home .

im going to Google now but any info pertaining to masters admission u have ill appreciate

Universities offer Japanese language courses for free.
Google “japan national universities “ and go to their admission pages
Even better look for a professor for the course you want to study and send him an email of your intent to apply for masters

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 1:39am On Aug 02, 2018
Jacob50:
Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance

As it’s your first time....pay your tuition first, you need it for visa
The next tuition, school no go drag you not will immigration harass you. Japanese Universities accept installment payment of tuition and please get hostel accommodation it’s tge cheapest
You can get part time job right away on landing after you get work permit

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Jacob50(m): 9:04am On Aug 02, 2018
Thanks Guys, I appreciate

After applying for admission, in order to take the entrance exam, which of the visa should I apply for?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 9:29am On Aug 03, 2018
Jacob50:
Thanks Guys, I appreciate

After applying for admission, in order to take the entrance exam, which of the visa should I apply for?

Talk to school to do Skype interview for you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) / Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Life In The Usa As A Student.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.