Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning (9470 Views)

Wow, An Owl...! / LIVE OWL GOT KILLED / See The Birds That Pirtchs On My Window Every Morning (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Mattex001(m): 11:56am On Oct 10, 2015
So I woke up this Morning and saw this Owl right above the window of my room..

Owls are very rare and Weird prey birds
They are nocturnal and have a limited eyes movement

For about two days now this bird has been spending his Night (day) right at my window, at first I thought it lost his way and would probably find its way by midnight since they rarely move around at day time, but to my surprise its been there for about two days now and its still there as I type...

I really don't know what to do although it appears sick and weak, I don't want it to adapt to the environment and turn it to its new home

I learnt that in Canada it against the Law to keep Owls as Pet or to be in Possession of an Owl either dead or alive, same thing applies to US except for special cases where by people intend to use this rare Species of Prey birds for Rehabilitation or Educational purposes coupled with the fact that they are very expensive to maintain...

I also got to find out that the Owl "Hedwig" Harry Potters Messenger in the Movie Harry Potter was bought for $564 Dollars that's alot of money
If I could Capture this One I could be the Smiling to the Bank in couple of days.

Nevertheless I won't ignore the fact that some of these types of birds are used for Spiritual Purposes. But wetin be my own Oluwa is on my side jare !

So right now I really dunno what to do!

Do Nigerians Keep Owls as a pet this to some extent will determine its worth
Or can I sell to Any Local zoo?

BTw I don't Believe in Killing Rear breeds like this...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Ikwerreboy(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2015
nice
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Oladimejjy(m): 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
At last...They follow you come your house...

You need 3days of fasting and prayer......

Tank me later.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Dyt(f): 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
Owiwi tigbowo wa
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by ojeota(f): 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
I hope it was not sent from your village.

2 Likes

Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Mattex001(m): 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
I don't think so....if them Send am by now e soppose don Accomplish ein mission undecided

1 Like

Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Mattex001(m): 12:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
Oladimejjy:
At last...They follow you come your house...

You need 3days of fasting and prayer......

Tank me later.

I don dey Fast tay tay no be today!

Although the sight of the Bird is really Scary
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by ayowonder(m): 12:06pm On Oct 10, 2015
barbecue tins
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by boboLIL(m): 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2015
Na evil bird oo,,, kill am....buh dis one fit de innocent sha... Pursue am or kill am.....
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by ThePeacemaker(m): 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
grin...The poster above the one above me doesnt read his bible
Thou shall not eat owo vulture etc

Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Sirsoftness(m): 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
I suggest u find caterpult or better yet shakaboola take nack am down...E fit b ur jealous aunty 4 ur village
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Jackeeh(m): 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
You were absent at the coven last night. So we sent karishika to come see if ure alright.

2 Likes

Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Mattex001(m): 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
ayowonder:
barbecue tins

Do people eat Owls ?? undecided
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Mattex001(m): 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
Sirsoftness:
I suggest u find caterpult or better yet shakaboola take nack am down...E fit b ur jealous aunty 4 ur village

I have chased it twice....

But it still came back! When I first saw it his eyes was always open at the sound of anything, but now it appears as if it is now comfortable at that position even if u shout from now till tomorrow its eyes still remains closed

I wanna Climb up and Catch it undecided
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Jackeeh(m): 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
Mattex001:

I have chased it twice....

But it still came back! When I first saw it his eyes was always open at the sound of anything, but now it appears as if it is now comfortable at that position even if u shout from now till tomorrow its eyes still remains closed

I wanna Climb up and Catch it undecided

Be careful. Its got claws. Better still,use a long stick.
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Lattop(m): 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2015
Owiwi eye aye Owiwi eye awon agba

1 Like

Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Ezerbullet(m): 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
Omo see comments grin

1 Like

Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
Nigerians sha. The posters above me just proved that Nigerians are funny people.. See comments. Lwkmd. Btw, op if you are in 9ja, you should know our zoo doesn't function plus some of us are too religious to believe thats ordinary.. Do sumtin shapaly abt that bird maka na odikwa scary.
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by modelboy(m): 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
IS THE OWL POSING FOR THE PICS?? SEEMS LIKE YOU BOTH HAVE GOTTEN TO KNOW EACH OTHER.

7 Likes

Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by coolsegun2002: 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
Where I come from..its a bad omen...probably cos it's not a bird u see flying around everytime...it doesn't leave in a hurry..it can fly away and come back again in the evening....my folks say any home it stops by, death my befall at least one of the occupants of that home or maybe the homes around that area....its probably just a myth...a well experienced fumigation expert shuld be able to send the owl packing with 2k ...that is if the the owl is making u uncomfortable..
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Namdeenero(m): 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
What's the fuss all about?? It's just an ordinary owl undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by teflondoncuzo(m): 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
That's a nice creature. If I were u I would have caged it since. And as for the price it goes for 5 - 10k depending on the seller, let's leave all this superstitious believes.
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Mattex001(m): 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
coolsegun2002:
Where I come from..its a bad omen...probably cos it's not a bird u see flying around everytime...it doesn't leave in a hurry..it can fly away and come back again in the evening....my folks say any home it stops by, death my befall at least one of the occupants of that home or maybe the homes around that area....its probably just a myth...a well experienced fumigation expert shuld be able to send the owl packing with 2k ...that is if the the owl is making u uncomfortable..

The truth is I'm not really scared, besides we're not the only one in this flat.

Just wondering how long it plans to stay there tho undecided
I'm considering putting it up on OLX tho

If I see anyone that has need(apart from killing it) for it I'll catch it and sell it asap, that why I haven't I haven't chased it away...
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by arcbay(m): 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2015
Mattex001:

The truth is I'm not really scared, besides we're not the only one in this flat.

Just wondering how long it plans to stay there tho undecided
I'm considering putting it up on OLX tho

If I see anyone that has need(apart from killing it) for it I'll catch it and sell it asap, that why I haven't I haven't chased it away...

I don't really believe in superstition, I believe in science...what u should worry about is if the bird carries any transmissible infections...and if not, make a pet out of him...

If you're not interested, please help me cage him, I'll pay for it.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Baroba(m): 3:47pm On Oct 10, 2015
There is nothing superstitious or evil about owls, if you can, catch it nurse and release the poor the thing..
Well done for not attempting to kill it...
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Mattex001(m): 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
arcbay:

I don't really believe in superstition, I believe in science...what u should worry about is if the bird carries any transmissible infections...and if not, make a pet out of him...

If you're not interested, please help me cage him, I'll pay for it.

Thanks

Ehn u wee pay? grin

Don't worry...I'll send u u pm soon

#Jumps outta bed
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by arcbay(m): 5:45pm On Oct 10, 2015
Mattex001:

Ehn u wee pay? grin

#Jumps outta bed

Sure bro, alive o

1 Like

Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by sphinx92(m): 11:04pm On Oct 10, 2015
That's a barn owl. Judging by the picture I don't think its fully grown. It probably lost its way, or is still learning how to fly.
Please do not kill it, eventually it will leave on its own.

Smh.. Nigerians and their ignorance. Owls don't bring "bad luck". I raised two owlets that were weeks old till they became adults, and yes I survived.

1 Like

Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Mckandre(m): 12:26am On Oct 11, 2015
I love this gracious bird,too bad people can't see them the way I do.
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by arcbay(m): 12:34am On Oct 11, 2015
Mattex001:

Ehn u wee pay? grin

#Jumps outta bed

Bro, how was ur quest in caging the bird? Hope no be say the bird don cage u sha? This one we no hear from u again, I dey fear o

1 Like

Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by seyi200(m): 1:54am On Oct 11, 2015
arcbay:

Bro, how was ur quest in caging the bird? Hope no be say the bird don cage u sha? This one we no hear from u again, I dey fear o

Lmao.....................
Re: I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning by Mattex001(m): 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
arcbay:

Lolz!

Bros that Bird don Miss ooh
I haven't seen it since yesterday evening
Maybe e don relocate sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight / Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? / How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.