Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger (1026 Views)

How To Show Case Your Skills As A Web Developer/designer? / 16 Benefits Of Dating A Blogger -9jaflaver / Read This If You Are A Blogger Or Want To Be A Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by Vicotex(m): 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
Tips and tutorials are welcome. Thanks i advance
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by ODUBEZE: 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
Its depends on your area of concentration.
Its easy to Google. Its another to know how to put it down to attract traffic.
So employ people with the skills and if you must do it yourself, have a mentor and an editor.
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by Vicotex(m): 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2015
ODUBEZE:
Its depends on your area of concentration.
Its easy to Google. Its another to know how to put it down to attract traffic.
So employ people with the skills and if you must do it yourself, have a mentor and an editor.
i do have mentors but their field of writting is different from mine.

Am into tech, graphics, humor/funny materials, tutorials, review and comparisons.
Matter of fact am still working on my site in a localhost, so i'm preparing myself for what to come after i publish it on a live server
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by jaelz(m): 2:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
1.) try as much as possible not to copy and paste

2.) have an editor scrutinize your work

3.) work only when your not under any pressure

4.) work in a conducive atmosphere

5.) pick a particular topic to work on write on

6.) google is your best friend

7.) pray to God for wisdom
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by ruksylaser(m): 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
You can hit me up at 07033035236 am a freelancer.... Am a consultant, a blogger and also a playwright.. I write articles for any niche.
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by Vicotex(m): 7:50pm On Oct 10, 2015
Thanks tho, i don't wan't to copy & Paste or use Autoblogger thats why i opened this thread.
jaelz:
1.) try as much as possible not to copy and paste

2.) have an editor scrutinize your work

3.) work only when your not under any pressure

4.) work in a conducive atmosphere

5.) pick a particular topic to work on write on

6.) google is your best friend

[b] 7.) pray to God for wisdom[/b]Lol
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by Vicotex(m): 7:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
ruksylaser:
You can hit me up at 07033035236 am a freelancer.... Am a consultant, a blogger and also a playwright.. I write articles for any niche.
you just don't get it, do you?
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
Vicotex:
i do have mentors but their field of writting is different from mine.

Am into tech, graphics, humor/funny materials, tutorials, review and comparisons.
Matter of fact am still working on my site in a localhost, so i'm preparing myself for what to come after i publish it on a live server
writing is all about discovering your voice. That can be done with constant practice and reading. You have to make conscious efforts to develop yourself. Presently, i'm studying the british style of writing, which is quite difficult but good to the ear.
So get down to work, read stories from established bloggers in your niche and do things just your own way. However, while you are at it - and trying to find your voice, watch out for typos and grammatical errors.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by cheavroi(m): 7:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
I don't think I know much about this are but the best way to improve your writing skills is

1. Get a mentor ( someone who writes and you admire. If that person is in your niche, better

2. Study their writing style

3. Implement it in your own writing

4. Write everyday

5. Read anything and everything

6. Be consistent
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by chandli: 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
If you need an editor for your work, I'm always available. Just send me an email with an attachment of your work.
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by Vicotex(m): 10:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
chandli:
If you need an editor for your work, I'm always available. Just send me an email with an attachment of your work.
do you charge for it?
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by chandli: 10:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
Vicotex:
do you charge for it?
No charge...But you are free to drop anything that the Holy Spirit touches your heart to drop
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by Vicotex(m): 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2015
chandli:

No charge...But you are free to drop anything that the Holy Spirit touches your heart to drop
thanks, can you drop your email?
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by chandli: 11:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
Vicotex:
thanks, can you drop your email?
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by chandli: 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2015
[url=wordcrib..com]Word Crib[/url]
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by Vicotex(m): 11:10pm On Oct 11, 2015
chandli:
wordcrib007@gmail.com
thats. I'll send an inbox tomorrow
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
Once you know the basic grammatical rules, you are good to go. Being a good writer has to do with bringing out your own unique style and at the same time, obeying the rules of grammar.

The only way to discover your voice and style is to keep writing. Read books and look out for these fabulous lines and how they were constructed especially by authors in your niche.

While writing, be ready to cut out some part that doesn't flow well. It can be mentally stressful but with time, you will improve. Don't be afraid to cut out some sentences that doesn't flow well. Sometimes, it can be hard to fathom such, but i will advice you get a mentor or re-read what you have written hours or a day later.

Another tip that might help is by trying to learn new words on a daily basis or at least, once in a week and try to use them more often. The more you do that, the more it stick with you.

Finally, buy a thesaurus dictionary or you can download one online. It helps to avoid repetition of words thereby substituting them with their synonyms. It will be so stale to keep repeating a word over and over again in an article.

Wishing U Goodluck ...

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by chandli: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
Vicotex:
thats. I'll send an inbox tomorrow
When you send it just hala me here...I don't check my inbox often
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by HCpaul(m): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2015
Tutoredia resources can help you. Just subscribe for the e-seminar program comming up next month.

If you reply the post i will give you my contact.
Re: How Can I Improve My Writting Skills As A Blogger by kelvinnaira: 9:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
Improving your writing skills as a blogger is good.., but in the blogging world, its totally different cause you won't be needing a great writing skill but great content, nt too long, nt too short, straight to the point and search engine targeted. You have to know u re nt writing for yourself, bt 4 odas..

If you ask me how u can improve ur writing skills as a blogger, sorry, I have got no clue, but if you ask me "how you can start writing the perfect blog post to drive traffic and engage your reeaders, ooh.. I can give you a full txtbook on that.. **winks**

My name is kelvin from the mytechboard group.. And like ben bruce will say, I just want to make a common sense..
Heheheh

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Gurus Help Me To Unlock My New Etisalat Modem ZTE MF730M / Viviangist Is Now Nairaland New Crush Bloggers Complains / Nairalanders Pls I Need Your Help For Reviewing Of My New Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.