Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:54 PM

An Open Letter To Pres. BUHARI: Petroleum Ministry Or Defense Ministry? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Pres. BUHARI: Petroleum Ministry Or Defense Ministry? (614 Views)

Protests As Presidency Extends Petroleum Ministry’s Perm Sec’s Tenure / Policy Direction Of Petroleum Ministry Revealed By Kachikwu / Buhari Petroleum Minister? I Beg To Disagree-by Joseph Edgar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Pres. BUHARI: Petroleum Ministry Or Defense Ministry? by FKMagazine(m): 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2015
Dear President Buhari,
Your Excellency,

I must say weldone sir for the works and reshuffling you have been doing in the public sector, it its amazing that in my area, IkDC can be this magnanimous and shareful in leaving electricity stable in my area. Wow! truely, 'the fear of Buhari is the begining of wisdon', as the saying goes. Baba, you are gradually improving Nigeria's economy in codes, but only few Nigerians could see and even understand for now, due to the high level of inequality and social strata. And also, due to some corrupt individuals whose in their wickedness sabotaged and siphoned the economy and wealth of all of us to their families, friends and political affiliates. I know, soon, God will expose, humiliate them and recoupe our stolen money and return our lost glory to us. Amen.

In my curiousity of thought and believe, I came up with this topic due to some thoughtful idealogy and opinions of some elite Nigerians around me. Some of which argued that, Buhari will work best and professionally, if he chose to name himself as the Defence minister, contrary to the media report that he's going take charge of the Petroleum Ministry. Whereas other school of thought believes that, since he has been in the ministry before and knows issues sorrounding it.

With the boko haram insurgents harassing our country and killing and wasting a lot of life almost every week in the Northern part & FCT, and coupled with over 30 years of the wealth of experience bagged by MR President in the military (Army) service and supposed defence intelligence gathering over a 3 decade to the rank of General, I feel he should be the best candidate for this position for our military to be made more mightier and stronger, in my opinion, he should be the first overseer to Defence Ministry instead focusing of on the Petroleum Ministry.

It must be interesting to know and understand that, For Nigeria to grow and get to its desired successfully destination, I believe we must from now on shift focus a little bit out of the box and stop benchmarking our yearly budget on petroleum sector all the time and look inward, at sectors, which is even greater, in which other countries are making huge income and developing their economies. Countries like China, India, USA, Canada, Holland, Korea, Japan, Israel, Brazil, Philippines, Malaysia, South Africa and most countries in south America and the majority of European countries, to mention a few, have since diversified Their economies to sectors like Agriculture, Manufacturing, Technology, Building, Ports, Mining, bitumen, Free trade Commerce and Industries. All these and more sectors can bring our glory back to us and make us great again. Sir, you being the Peroleum minister does not make Nigerians Less corrupt, but it will rather make Nigerians still have a negative thoughts of greediness concerning the Presidency. This I believe shoud even be a PR campaign for your Government in a time like this.

In a concluding note Mr president, the main point I'm trying to make is that, you should not be the petroleum minister, but instead, a defence or agriculture Minister and suprise us(Nigerians) by transforming especially those two sectors for good, back again. However, it is will also be good to note that, Agricultural sector in Nigeria was booming before the discovery of oil. Agriculture sector was the benchmark with what we used to create and build the Name 'NIGERIA' and her Military and What is called Local, State, and FG and not the oil, in order to meet the international standard it is today, through Cocoa, Timber, palm oil, food crops and other agricultural produce being exported to foreign Nations for exchange for cash. The Nigerian Military was stronger during your own time in service sir, we were told. But today, our Naira is getting weaker, week-in, week-out. We need to start serious business and let's stop all this political gimmicks by most of your aids and party chieftains or members.

Mr President, I hope to this end, I am able to convince you sir, that Nigeria needs more than oil sector to grow and get to her destination in due time and course.

Thank you sir

Long live the FRN,
Long live PMB,
Long live all Nairalanders

CC: Lalasticala
Re: An Open Letter To Pres. BUHARI: Petroleum Ministry Or Defense Ministry? by Disneylady(f): 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
Muhammad Buhari Minister for Defence tongue
Shikena!
Re: An Open Letter To Pres. BUHARI: Petroleum Ministry Or Defense Ministry? by laurenziz6(m): 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hope he reads it sha

[size=20pt]WEEVIN DA GREAT[/size]
Re: An Open Letter To Pres. BUHARI: Petroleum Ministry Or Defense Ministry? by FKMagazine(m): 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2015
If all nairalanders will read it, then your generally agreed opinions counts...
Re: An Open Letter To Pres. BUHARI: Petroleum Ministry Or Defense Ministry? by FKMagazine(m): 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2015
...And our tomorrow shall be better than our 2day
Re: An Open Letter To Pres. BUHARI: Petroleum Ministry Or Defense Ministry? by FKMagazine(m): 11:54am On Oct 23, 2015
"corruption goes beyong collecting bribe. If u appoint/assign ur broda or sis in a position u know that he/she is not qualified to hold/function, then u re corrupt."
Re: An Open Letter To Pres. BUHARI: Petroleum Ministry Or Defense Ministry? by FKMagazine(m): 11:54am On Oct 23, 2015
"corruption goes beyong collecting bribe. If u appoint/assign ur broda or sis in a position u know that he/she is not qualified to hold/function, then u re corrupt."

RT Hon. Rotimi Amaechi

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Pres. BUHARI: Petroleum Ministry Or Defense Ministry? by FKMagazine(m): 10:40am On Nov 04, 2015
Still waiting for ur Ministers Pres. Buhari
Re: An Open Letter To Pres. BUHARI: Petroleum Ministry Or Defense Ministry? by FKMagazine(m): 11:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
Still available

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Plane Crash In Yola / Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola’s Screening Yesterday / Akwa Ibom North-west: How 205,519 Voters Cast 444,505 Votes For Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.