Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (850986 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 11:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
Go to ustraveldocs.com/ng. There is a link there with instructions on how to request emergency appointment.

All the best
LME2614:
Hello NL, please u need help, this is quiet urgent, am trying to book a new interview date for myself and son at the U.S. Embassy, but the earliest date am seeing is the 16th of Nov, and am due mid November, please any help with getting a closer date? Please HELP. I keep checking the page almost every 30 minutes, but no earlier date.
Please HELP

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shanaka29: 1:10am On Oct 11, 2015
Amother4life:

Since you are coming from a country that participates in the visa waiver program ( the European Union I presume) I would humbly suggest you refrain from using the popular slogan " because of better health care" for obvious reasons when asked why you decided to birth in the United States. There is really no "safe "POE anymore but there is always the grace of God . Goodluck

What do you suggest me to say instead ?
Do you think being bold and saying: "because i want dual citizenship for my baby" would be OK or could bring me trouble ? embarassed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 1:51am On Oct 11, 2015
PS I got my PTA @ Travelex at the airport, rate was 203.8 on the morning of the 8th. You can get it as early as 2 weeks before your travel date, because it's not always available and there may be a queue on your day of travel. All you need is your ticket and passport not boarding pass.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jayjay4lyf: 6:25am On Oct 11, 2015
Part 3 present sir grin
JD Queen congrats on d the successful and smooth POE
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happychild15: 6:56am On Oct 11, 2015
Hi everyone. Wishing you all success in every area you desire. Congratulations to all new parents here, to everyone who got their approvals and also entries. God bless you and yours smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olorieka: 8:23am On Oct 11, 2015
I was there too ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Fruitilicious: 8:37am On Oct 11, 2015
Part 3 already? Woooooowwwwww...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 11, 2015
You can keep checking 12 midnight, the site is usually refreshed and new dates comes up as a result of people that have cancelled the appointment during the day.

all the best

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by JDQueen: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2015
jayjay4lyf:
Part 3 present sir grin
JD Queen congrats on d the successful and smooth POE

Thank you sir.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by coffeeblue(f): 11:33am On Oct 11, 2015
Thanks a bunch. I'm still looking at two hospitals - St Joseph Hospital or Brandon Regional Hospital. will decide this week

iyoyoworl:

Congrats on your successful Poe experience.

Please which hospital would you be using in Florida
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2015
Marking present cool
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by customised87: 12:06pm On Oct 11, 2015
firsttymum:
Yokus

They didn't even ask me how much I was carrying till I got to the us... So I'm wondering which new laws.

To pay oakbend in advance:

ur husband can pay from Nigeria after you have gotten here. All you do is register, get the account number ( and all the info d bank in naija needs) and your Hospital id number. Then your husband shld go to the bank with copies of ur passport page, visa page, ticket... Then fill a form A then the bank will do the rest. I'm sure of gtbank

There's no safe Poe o... Just pray, be honest, be prepared and confident.

Goodluck

Note that paying medical bills before u get to the US doesn't guarantee entry.

Can one still use this form to pay hospital bills even after PTA has been given?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
MiddyO:
Reporting live from Dallas! I got in Oct 8 @ about 2pm through DFW POE via Lufthansa. Flight was very good but kind of long.
Pls book a wheelchair for the Frankfurt /Dallas leg of the journey, the waka was long to get to the terminal.

I spent very few minutes with the CBP , was with my mom.
Was asked-
Where in Dallas are you going to - Arlington

Purpose - Vacation

How long are you staying - 4 months

How much do you have - $***

Are you preg - Yes

How do you plan to pay- showed all docs stapled together ( deposit to Elpaso since last Yr, baby budget, letter of correspondence, hosp fees and breakdown )

So you made an advance payment? Yes (this was for the previous pregnancy we lost last year, not as leverage for POE o!)

Said thought you were going to Arlington? - Yes for a month then later Elpaso.

Do you have a husband? Yes

What does he do? ****

Is he coming later? Yes, before the baby arrives.

Stamped us in till April 2016.

Proceeded to Agricultural for food check and customs to fill currency declaration form.

Thank God for favour and to the wonderful people on this amazing thread for knowledge! Been reading since last year. Information is power!

Now resting as my feet are swollen and I am still tired.

Safe delivery, POE and visa interviews to everyone!

pls I sent u a pm kindly reply thanks. U gave an advise on health section abt cerlage stuff. Sorry to come in here unannounced. Pls respond to my pm thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by missusadey: 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
@LI...i just checked their website and that was what was written. @firsttymum...Dana confirmed they don't carry more than 32weeks. They harassed me for fit to fly at 20 weeks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tobermom: 5:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
bbaby84:
I sight you @Tobermom. ... how body and baby in the body?
Kisses.

Babes i dey o, counting down in hours. Days are just too long... Will buzz you later

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by uptown17: 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
Adebuble:
Houston short stay apartment, for any two pple interested shd be PM me,very good price with fab amenities.

@uptown17 have u gotten accomodation soughted yet?.

hi adebunle sorry i am just seeing this. i havent gotten ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by uptown17: 7:10pm On Oct 11, 2015
LME2614:
Hello NL, please u need help, this is quiet urgent, am trying to book a new interview date for myself and son at the U.S. Embassy, but the earliest date am seeing is the 16th of Nov, and am due mid November, please any help with getting a closer date? Please HELP. I keep checking the page almost every 30 minutes, but no earlier date.
Please HELP
not sure you qualify for emergency appointment. in thread 2, people said so
you can refresh after 12midnight for nearer dates OR PM me. a mum on nairaland once tried to help me get nearer dates too
i ended up not using it but could give u the contact
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shagaman: 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
@Justwise the community is growing ooooo ...part 3 grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
uptown17:

hi adebunle sorry i am just seeing this. i havent gotten ooo

Ok @uptown17 kindly reply my mail.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by uptown17: 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2015
@shrekandfiona kindly reply my mail
i havent gotten the contact yet

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mimikoko: 11:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
Wow, we are on part 3. Yayyy.
Great job everyone. I just want to say a big big thank you to all the administrators and contributors.
After a successful trip and delivery I finally arrived Nigeria in July with my baby and 5 year old. Everything was beautiful, thanks to all of you for your support and help.
To all the new parents and intending parents just joining in, this is where it's happening, just read and take notes. Ask questions too if you're not clear on certain issues.
Congratulations to all the new parents and good luck to everyone.
God bless you all.
Mr Justwise : na God go bless you.
Mr Tvega : God bless you.
Dere5 : God bless you.

Thank you once again. grin

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbiz: 12:41am On Oct 12, 2015
Hi Nairaland Fam,

I have accommodation along High way 6 and Sugar Land. Its not too far from Oakbend, Methodist and WHMC. I have two rooms vacant and i'm looking for room mates. PM me if you are interested. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:46am On Oct 12, 2015
bbiz:
Hi Nairaland Fam,
I have accommodation along High way 6 and Sugar Land. Its not too far from Oakbend, Methodist and WHMC. I have two rooms vacant and i'm looking for room mates. PM me if you are interested. Thanks.
UPTOWN17 and AKELVIN
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:49am On Oct 12, 2015
So when u r coming with more than $10000 and u ain't asked nko? Cc justwise

Everytime I nd my hubby has traveled we've never been asked. We only state it on our landing card.

Is there a special place to declare u r travelling with more than $10k
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:52am On Oct 12, 2015
MiddyO congratulations...

Coffeeblue congratulations

More good news coming
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 3:44am On Oct 12, 2015
firsttymum:
MiddyO congratulations...

Coffeeblue congratulations

More good news coming

Thanks dear! Hope you have settled in properly? And I have yam and egg here o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 3:45am On Oct 12, 2015
ilesanmioo:
pls I sent u a pm kindly reply thanks. U gave an advise on health section abt cerlage stuff. Sorry to come in here unannounced. Pls respond to my pm thanks

I have responded.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 5:17am On Oct 12, 2015
mimikoko:
Great job everyone. I just want to say a big big thank you to all the administrators and contributors.
After a successful trip and delivery I finally arrived Nigeria in July with my baby and 5 year old. Everything was beautiful, thanks to all of you for your support and help.
To all the new parents and intending parents just joining in, this is where it's happening, just read and take notes. Ask questions too if you're not clear on certain issues.
God bless you all.

Amen dear,God bless you and yours

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by akelvin(f): 5:49am On Oct 12, 2015
Firsty;thanks,sent a pm already
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:30am On Oct 12, 2015
mimikoko:
God bless you all.

God bless you too.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:35am On Oct 12, 2015
firsttymum:

Everytime I nd my hubby has traveled we've never been asked. We only state it on our landing card.

You declare it with the immigration at the airport though doing that with Nigeria immigration is a different story entirely but when you are randomly searched and the money is discovered the question will be..did you declare it or why did not declare it?

Yes its perfectly possible to go through with such money without anybody bothering you but when they do....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:21am On Oct 12, 2015
firsttymum:

U don declare am na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57