Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,845 members, 7,806,391 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (850594 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by BBSweetheart: 11:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
greatie:
Thank you so much BBSweetheart.
I understand every thing u said but i am too clear on budget spreadsheet. please can u throw more light on this.

Thank you

It is a brief calculation of your travel expense. To show you are financially prepared and all logistics have been duly considered. Please try and read up information here. you can use the search button and find samples.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:20am On Dec 09, 2015
aolatunde00:

Hello firsttymum,hows your LO faring?
Did u get a separate bill for hearing test and another for your baby"s physician apart from your hospital bill?
Hearing test is charged differently.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 12:28am On Dec 09, 2015
BBSweetheart:

Its a good thing if you apply for your Visa early
1 International passport
2 Hospital Email Correspondence
3 Visa Receipt
4 Appointment confirmation
5 DS160 Confirmation Page
6 Marriage Certificate
7 Two 5cm x5cm white background passport
8 Newspaper Change of Name
9 Change of name affidavit from court
10 Wedding Pictures
11 Hotel Reservation Confirmation
12 Letter of Consent/sponsorship from hubby
13 Hubby's 8 months account statements
14 Hubby's Employment and promotion letter
15 Hubby's international passport
16 Your 8 months account statement
17 Your employment letter
18 Evidence of pregnancy from hospital in Nigeria
19 Budget spreadsheet
20 Letter of introduction from your office

Cheers

Pls is there anyone in this thread that the VO had ever asked for wedding pictures? I always find it hilarious when I see non intending immigrants at the embassy with wedding album

Also is account statement not 6 months?

Lol@ proof of pregnancy from the hospital, I just had a mental picture of

VO: are you pregnant

Applicant: yes

VO: I don't believe you, let me see the proof

Lmao. @ bbsweetheart, don't mind me o! Just messing with u

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 12:29am On Dec 09, 2015
greatie:
Hello house,
i was referred to this house and i must confess that you guys are awesome.
i am in my first trimester and i wud like to have my baby in US. my husband wants us to apply for visa now (we havent travelled abroad) cos he feels i might not get the visa if there is baby bump and that i should state that i am going for vacation which i am not to comfy with it. i suggested tourism and medical but he said no.

2: we both work and we havent saved more than 500k and i was wondering if our bank account is very much important as we intend to attach our payslips?

should we apply now or wait till febuary or march 2016?

Please i need answers ooo.

If you apply now, you may not get free interview date till feb (not sure tho)

500k is small o! You need like 2m for this waka you are planning, not just for visa sake but to also pay your bills

Read up, you will be glad you did
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 12:39am On Dec 09, 2015
jacksparow:
My in law that was delayed at IAH for 10 hours in Oct gave birth a few hours ago at oakbend. ..She complained of serz pain yesterday and went to the docs not knowing it was false labour cause she was 40 weeks on the 5th of Dec, dey examined her only to find the baby's heart beat very low and had to do a cs immediately. ...Apparently, the baby's neck was wrapped around the cord...We thank God for both of them....she sent the pic but a lot of ppl may not be able to view it.

Thank God for the lives of both mom and son! Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 12:43am On Dec 09, 2015
dont8:
Hi Phema, howi are you doing?

TX Phema!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by EmberMum: 1:04am On Dec 09, 2015
Baby aspirin is good before 20wks of preggy as it helps to thin out blood which helps circulation of blood from mother to babies tiny vessels. It prevent blood clot. However it is discouraged after 20weeks of preggy so blood is not too thin and over bleeding occurs especially during child birth. After 20weeks baby's vessels are also big enuf for easy blood flow

neks31:

My dear I've been on it before preg,, my fertility doc put me on it then n since my dads death I've been dealing with flaunting BP...
so I've been taking it, so had to see a physician that asked me to stop immediately. Im worriedbut been to google n most preggy mamas r on low dose ie( baby Aspirin) too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by EmberMum: 1:09am On Dec 09, 2015
firsttymum:
it's 150

Hi. Pls where did u do circumcision for 150$ pls help. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teehey: 3:17am On Dec 09, 2015
yuddiepro:

Congrats dear on your successful Poe. I'm also Michigan bound in January. Changed my mind doh from California due to plenty issues.Sent you a pm please respond

Hi Yuddiepro/Cgy,
We are looking at hospital in Michigan (henryford). Pls I need a good hospital with low hospital Fee in Michigan, the contact and the breakdown of the bill. Please ur urgent response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teehey: 3:18am On Dec 09, 2015
Hi Yuddiepro/Cgy,
We are looking at hospital in Michigan (henryford). Pls I need a good hospital with low hospital Fee in Michigan, the contact and the breakdown of the bill. Please ur urgent response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teehey: 3:28am On Dec 09, 2015
Hi ChyG, can u please give me the breakdown of hospital bill, contact and how to go about it. I'm considering Michigan. Pls I need u to give m detail; the flight from Lagos, POE questions, ur hospital bill. Thank you. Doc 4 POE. Contact. How do I make d payment to d hospital. Your urgent response will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 3:33am On Dec 09, 2015
Kudos to those posting their POE stories as soon as porting. Been jetlagged, sleeping like a pregnant woman grin and shopping away.

I flew BA with a nairalander, a planned journey but it was worth it. Was at travelex d previous day and was told I cld only get PTA wt my burden pass.

Got to d airport early, went straight to travelex wt my cash only to be told they don't av dollars. But was advised to check back in 2 hours but with no promise.
Went to check in my luggage, fit to fly was asked, I went to port health where I got one, though backdated to 32 weeks.

Went back to travelex and eventually got 3k, after divine intervention (pls shine ur eyes and never sign wout reading what ure to sign)

BA flight was good and half filled up, got a window seat. And was able to lay on three seats and relax. The only but was that I was starved, crap food but I ate cos I was really famished.

Got a wheelchair at Houston and was wheeled to d CBP, about 5 pple ahead of me on d que, and it was finally my turn.

CBP- what are you here for?
ME- childbirth
CBP- for how long?
ME- 2 months
CBP-Any family in Houston?
ME- No
CBP- how much do you have?
ME- 3,000 cash and over 3m in my accounts and I av the card
CBP- you wil have to go for secondary inspection so your data could be entered

Was wheeled for d second inspection wt my nairalander partner, we have the same accomodation, same doctors correspondence.
We waited for about 5 minutes and my name was called, I was actually surprised cos we met lots of people inside

CBP- why are you here
Me- childbirth
CBP- do you have doctors correspondence?
Me- Yes
Glanced at it,
CBP- how much do you have?
ME- 3, 000 cash and 3 million in
CBP (interupted) how much do you have in total for the childbirth purpose
ME- over 16000 dollar
CBP- keep ur receipt, do not accept medicaid bla bla bla
( nothing was checked apart from docs correspondence).

Waited for some minutes outside d office for my now turned sister nairalander friend, we were botth wheeled for our bags, no question was asked and nothing checked

Waited a while for soulcare driver, we were driven straight to dia restaurant where we were treated to a free hot plate of pounded yam and rich egusi soup! Never felt so satisfied with ameal, after such punishment from BA food.

Already enjoying my stay and yet to have a boring minute, met so many new mums and Nigeria preggos already. Now waiting for my docs appointment.

All glory to God for the favour galore.

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 4:51am On Dec 09, 2015
Twingirls....thank God for safe journey. Wish you safe delivery in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yuddiepro: 5:49am On Dec 09, 2015
teehey:
Hi Yuddiepro/Cgy,

Hello Teehey, CHYG used oakwood Annapolis hospital now known as Beaumont Wayne Hospital and I intend using same soon. Just log on to their site and u will see the cost for self pay. They don't send emails out cos I have tried to plead with them. For the doctor, search for Dr Anthony Udo-inyang. He is a Nigerian and his prices are more than fair. When are u leaving?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 6:21am On Dec 09, 2015
favoredgal:

If you apply now, you may not get free interview date till feb (not sure tho)

500k is small o! You need like 2m for this waka you are planning, not just for visa sake but to also pay your bills

Read up, you will be glad you did

2m less ticket and accommodation if u not staying with family.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by drfdee: 7:01am On Dec 09, 2015
Congrats...had mybbaby dat same day.

uote author=MiddyO post=40541541]To God be the glory our long awaited baby boy arrived in the early hours of 29th of Nov! Mom, baby & daddy are doing great! God of restoration has done it again! [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifeoluwakintan: 8:56am On Dec 09, 2015
Thanks @anizi for your valuable response. Will inform her on what to do ASAP.

God bless you all.

anizi:

Yes she can, once you have less than 6months before the visa expires, you can re apply. I renewed mine early august, i still had a valid visa till oct, once the new one is issued, the old will be cancelled.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 09, 2015
Pls house, when filling the US passport application for LO what do I write on the social security coloumn as I dont av it yet?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 09, 2015
jumman:
Pls house, when filling the US passport application for LO what do I write on the social security coloumn as I dont av it yet?

0000 as the last four digits.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 10:15am On Dec 09, 2015
MiddyO:

Thank God for the lives of both mom and son! Congrats!

yes o...after the pics I saw, its only God really. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FFFB: 10:29am On Dec 09, 2015
jacksparow:

PM a user here named (Afro).....Hes in Dallas now with DW where they had a boy and girl with one Dr. Esebede.

They flew BA and he said their experience going was very good. They used DFW as POE and He decided to come back to Nigeria to do the circumcision cause its very expensive in Dallas......Hope that Helps.

thanks so much for the info , Pls can you kindly get me the details of the person so I can reach out asap , especially that of the Doctor
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dedalove: 10:30am On Dec 09, 2015
Hello house, this is a very informative forum as I have been going through for days. I plan to be Houston for my baby first week in January and I am a bit confused about the accommodation to use as I want one that offers feeding, transport and nanny services and close proximity to Oakbend Medical center. Please what are the options I have based on people experience? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FFFB: 10:33am On Dec 09, 2015
thanks for your response , how can I get in touch so I can ask much precise questions .

thanks
aolatunde00:

Olokings and myself both stayed in Dallas so you can go through our previous posts.you can ask more precise questions afterwards.

Lokings used emirates so his poe was Dallas fort worth.i used delta and Atlanta was my poe(no issues with both poe for the two of us).with delta you are not required to come with a doctor"s report meaning you can travel till quite late in pregnancy though its not adviced.
Oyinbo people usually don't circumcise Niger style so its more advisable to come back home to do it(with my first son,I had it redone in Niger so the innocent boy was actually circumcised twice).Besides its waaaay cheaper to do it in Nigeria.I paid $200 in the us and 5k in nigeria

thanks for your response , how can I get in touch so I can ask much precise questions .

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dedalove: 10:39am On Dec 09, 2015
Hello house, this has been an informative forum. I plan to be in Houston come next month but am confused on the accommodation options available especially ones close to Oakbend Medical center. I prefer the ones that can offer feeding, transport and nanny services.
This is my first time over there and will really appreciate responses from people experience, thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FFFB: 10:41am On Dec 09, 2015
jacksparow:

PM a user here named (Afro).....Hes in Dallas now with DW where they had a boy and girl with one Dr. Esebede.

They flew BA and he said their experience going was very good. They used DFW as POE and He decided to come back to Nigeria to do the circumcision cause its very expensive in Dallas......Hope that Helps.

Hello pls can you kindly share details of Dr .Esebede.thanks for the info
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 11:12am On Dec 09, 2015
FFFB:

Hello pls can you kindly share details of Dr .Esebede.thanks for the info

PM him (the person In Dallas now).....Afrobrown2000. ...check him out on page 111

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FFFB: 12:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
jacksparow:

PM him (the person In Dallas now).....Afrobrown2000. ...check him out on page 111

thanks so much God bless you , just mailed him
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
FFFB:

thanks so much God bless you , just mailed him

sure. welcome. sent him a whatsapp msg about ur mail. He will check it out and reply with all infos for u when he wakes' up. Goodluck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by lollarojo: 1:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
favoredgal:

How did it go?
im done with interview..tho d vo seemee harsh bt it went well..she demanded to see my previous hospital bills.i gave and and dats it

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
jacksparow:

2m less ticket and accommodation if u not staying with family.

That's correct
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2015
lollarojo:
im done with interview..tho d vo seemee harsh bt it went well..she demanded to see my previous hospital bills.i gave and and dats it

Yay!! At least you got it

Harsh how? If that's all she asked for. Pls post a proper transcript nah to help others coming behind you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bolof2010: 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
I need your advice guys I applied for F1 visa last month but was denied the VO did not ask anything about my intended purpose this time all he pulled out was 2 years ago information as to why I didn't inform the VO that interviewed me that I will be having a baby in the US. We applied as a family then myself husband and son and it was a smooth interview cos we said we were going for vacation and other information asked was provided but nothing asked about childbirth and so we didnt inform them about it.however we traveled and had a baby. Again before the visa expired we travled again for vacation spent 3 weeks no issues at POE theofficer only checked my receip for1 child birth for my 1st visit During the F1 interview he asked what we went to do in the US I told him the truth vacation and delivery eventhough we have all renewed our visas without issues. So he concluded I wasnth honest then and denied me on section 214b. Now I intend to travel again sometimes next year for another delivery. What do you bus advice I can do. I still have my valid B1B2 visa which we just renewed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.