Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (850020 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cuteaidomo: 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2015
MayMaj:
My dear like I said am totally new here, I just needed the information for POE in New Jersey which is EWR, pls any one with idea will go a long way to help.

Plus I need name and prices of affordable hospital. Thanks

Hi maymaj, just to add to previous responses, I came on this thread some months back as newbie too,completely clueless and had plans to go to dallas cos I had a host there. Was asked to read thru the threads too and I really complained and felt no one was willing to help,but in the long run,I had to read and I learnt a lot...... Discovered there was a whole lot more to consider wen picking a location not just knowing smone or having a host. Hence,I ported to elpaso and I got all the info I needed here..... Even found other mums going same time with me and it's been a jolly ride,looking forward to traveling in December........... All d answers to ur questions are here....after digesting,understanding the process and taking final decisions,all other issues will be sorted..... Wish u all the best..... Thanks to everyone that has helped me too,God bless u all..........#my own 2 kobo as they say#

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MayMaj(f): 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2015
Thanks for the help people..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by queenestty: 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
Plsssss oooo any atlanta mamas with baby girl. Pls any glue of our one can open baby girl ear in atlanta?.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mamacajah: 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
queenestty:
Plsssss oooo any atlanta mamas with baby girl. Pls any glue of our one can open baby girl ear in atlanta?.

Try Claires in the shopping mall. Note that they won't do it if baby has not had her first immunization becos they will ask to sight her immunization records.
But based on my experience, Its best to bring your daughter home and do it here.
Mine was not done well, I had to re do it in Najia.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2015
Bosayo:
Hi peeps, am presently in houston and my stanbic ibtc card I use for swiping and POS was hacked . I was surprised wen I got alert from Zara shop in atlanta. The total money is almost 110k. I ve contacted d bank and dy are undergoing investigation.
Pls peeps, be careful with cards ohhhhh. Just want to share my experience.

I wish all of us the best.
Sorry about the bad experience. But for me i dont see it as good idea to use your nig bank cards in the US because of hackers,Although it might be safe & good for security reasons but the risk is too high concerning this hacking thing. because this kind of a thing has happened to my in-law who is a US citizen with his US Credit card that he uses to operate his US bank accout,They still hacked it & made a lot of purchases with his credit card details.not to talk of we nigerians that use our Nig cards in the US. The only reason he has a case with the bank was that the so called time & dates the purchases were made he was at work in his office in Houston because he works in muti national company,while the purchases were made in Alaska & Oklahoma. So i normally prefer to give my wife Cash anytime she travels abroad, she has never used her bank card abroad.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by queenestty: 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2015
Chaiiiii thank you oooo. What! Dey didn't do it well. I thought it's only circumcision dem dey sometime give corner kick style, ohhh I never knew opening of ear own ooo. Thought it's a simple procedure. Thanks so plenty mamacajah,
will do it in nija then.

mamacajah:

Try Claires in the shopping mall. Not that they won't do it if baby has had her first immunization becos they will ask to sight her immunization records.
But based on my experience, Its best to bring your daughter home and do it here.
Mine was not done well, I had to re do it in Najia.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 3:14pm On Oct 19, 2015
Bosayo:
Hi peeps, am presently in houston and my stanbic ibtc card I use for swiping and POS was hacked . I was surprised wen I got alert from Zara shop in atlanta. The total money is almost 110k. I ve contacted d bank and dy are undergoing investigation.

since the day they tried to hit my gtbank (salary acc) mastercard..i quickly opened another account (stanbic), which i use for online/web purchases. i transfer money to it, shop, empty it and move on. Repeat the same cycle when i need to shop online again.

Sorry dear

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2015
Infact that's the very very best option.
Have an account for which you open the card for online transactions ans swiping.
Then simply have Internet banking ob your other accounts from where you transfer funds into that expense account.

Of hackers like mk dem enter dey will see empty dey may kindly give u hand outs serf. ..lol

Note: funds are more l not kept there for more than 2 weeks tops... (it's just an account where moni dey waka pass)..

favoredgal:

since the day they tried to hit my gtbank (salary acc) mastercard..i quickly opened another account (stanbic), which i use for online/web purchases. i transfer money to it, shop, empty it and move on. Repeat the same cycle when i need to shop online again.

Sorry dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
@cinakin lemme see if I can help
When applying for a normal visa, u have a burden to show/establish home ties. When going for birthing, you have that burden PLUS burden of showing financial capacity for all the neccessaries.
I always advice people to keep the application simple. I mean the VOi has like 2 mins to declutter all the data and make a desicion.
U say yourr coy wants to sponsor your birthing? Is that a coy policy? If yes you are golden. If not, them what makes u special? Because your relative na CEO? A question mark arises now to whether the sponsorship is for real or u will resort to medicaid.
Sister, I advice u, if its not regular company policy, forgerrit and sponsor yasef o to avoid stories that end in 'sorry u are not qualified at this time'
My 2 cents

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
ozycy:

You dey vex o. I didn't know I cud order direct from dem. It didn't even occur to me to research. Was planning to buy when I get back to Naija. How long did it take to ship to you let me know if I still have time to order?

I compared prices, I got them cheaper in Lagos. So maybe u should wait till you get back home.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bizzle6: 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2015
I just sent you an email.

yemmyfinest:
Good all.@toks7 how are you doing and your little one?i believe you are doing great.
please i am interested in you using Dr Ikeda Marcos to take the delivery of my baby.
It been difficult to reach him i mailed them severally to no avail.Please do you have his own direct e-mail
addy/phone number please kindly sent it to me through my addy olabaruwa@yahoo.com
Thanks as i await your response
Also for those who have or staying at pampared stay please what is accommodation like.
@deres5 for the response to my last question.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nasadiva: 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
Bosayo:

My advice is to always run your card as credit when shopping irrespective of the card being debit or credit card.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 5:32pm On Oct 19, 2015
Not a guarantee against hacking and you don't have the option of selecting debit or credit everytime.

Nasadiva:

My advice is to always run your card as credit when shopping irrespective of the card being debit or credit card.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yemmyfinest: 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2015
@ bizzle6 thanks for the information. i have spoken to someone in his office and also mailed them to asked more further questions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bizzle6: 7:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
You are welcome

yemmyfinest:
@ bizzle6 thanks for the information. i have spoken to someone in his office and also mailed them to asked more further questions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 19, 2015
Can hackers still hack ones debit card when used for cash withdrawals abroad?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by iyoyoworl: 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
Herladyship:
Wow this is my first comment here and am reporting live from Texas (first time traveller and mom)
All glory to God almighty for a very smooth and easy entry it was like I was travelling from Lag to Abj (very co operative baby in my womb as am 37weeks gone)
Travelled with hubby left naija 16th oct at 9:55pm landed atlanta g.. (didn't check my time cos of time dif) but the pilot Announced we ve to wait in the aircraft till the customs/immigration resumes cos we arrived early(5:30am),about 10mins later we were on queue,twas actually moving fast till I and hubby were directed to an ATM like machine lol for self biometrics, we scanned our passport,did our thumb print and took our passport photo ourselves and headed to the immigration officer without a computer who took our passport(visa) and asked why we are here and hubby replied vacation and childbirth. And said ok just make sure when coming come along with receipt of payments made cos we turn people back for this purpose and bane people from entering the US (I and hubby faked a surprise face like we don't know it's possible) and we replied ok thanks,he didn't ask for doc appt but how long do we intend to stay and hubby said till dec 30th And how much we ve and hubby told him 9k500 dat since we are not meant to exceed 10k and the guy replied u can carry as much as long as u declare.he stamped B2 on our visa (no limitation of stay) such a nice God sent man.we hurried to get through to be screened in other to catch the next flight to Houston Texas I wasn't hand searched wonder why cos the Lady in front of me was also preg and was searched. All in all thank God for safe trip my appointment is on Thursday @ Oakbend MC pls join me as I sing this song
The God who cre-a-ted the ancient hills
Unto him o lord I give all my praise
Who deserve all my praise
Than my heavenly father
Who on earth truely deserve all my praise
The God who cre-a-ted the ancient hills
Unto him o lord I give all my praise
The God of Dr Daniel Olukoya of MFM that has made it smooth for us will do the same for u just be positive.

I think I know as we were on the same flight. Was it ur self n hubby that sat close to another preggy lady that was wearing a blue native.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yemmyfinest: 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
@maymaj i beg which state is that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 8:30pm On Oct 19, 2015
MiddyO:

I compared prices, I got them cheaper in Lagos. So maybe u should wait till you get back home.

Hello Middy and Ozcy, my opinion is to order sebamed from the US if you can, as we have fake in Naija. You can also order from Amazon.com, and have it delivered to a US address, it can then be sent to you if you are in Naija,it's a bit more expensive but you are sure of not getting the adulterated one. #my opinion#

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2015
cinakin:
hello @justwise please can you answer my question or anyone with knowledge of this: i want to apply for a us B2visa for childbirth purpose and the company i work for wants to sponsor me,(although i am related to the CEO)(that means me taking a letter and statement of account of the company, ill also take mine)....has anyone been rejected a visa based on this? is this a good idea? or how should i go about it and prove to the vo?

You will struggle to convince the OV on that. The CEO can not hand over company,s bank statement to you for child birth even if he owns the company.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 8:51pm On Oct 19, 2015
justwise:

You will struggle to convince the OV on that. The CEO can not hand over company,s bank statement to you for child birth even if he owns the company.

I agree with Justwise. If it was for vacation that will fly but not childbirth. Just doesn't seem right.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Detty16: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2015
[quote author=Bosayo post=39123136] Thanks for sharing...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
MayMaj:
Am new in this forum, I have a b1/b2 visa for two years. I said I was going for vacation during my visa interview but now I have decided to have my Baby in the US.

Pls can any one tell me what I need to do as am going early next month and my POE entry is NEWARK in New Jersey... Pls I need to know if anyone has has any idea or has used that POE before plus I will like to know about affordable hospital there including the price of CS and NORMAL delivery.

I will be hoping to get response please. Thank you

my poe was EWR... Heaven knows I can't type my experience again.
To share poe experience is tiring not to talk of typing it twice...
Just try and read up it will help a long way... Inshort you'll b super prepared sef

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
uptown17:
happy sunday peeps

@veterans in the house who have driven/rented a car before in the US, is it really cost saving as such? kindly advise
did u get an international driver's L in lagos you used
kindly give me contacts. someone wana chop my head off ( as i no get the new driver' L yet)

MIL is going for interview soon, as her son is sponsoring her, can a VO ask her how much the son earns?
(strange qweshion abi, son doesnt want mama to know the figure ni oooo) she is going to be given his statement of account to take along though but she ordinarily cant understand the details unless its explained to her
u need ur drivers license o... U most definitely need it. It's cheaper tho. But see it depends on where u r staying... If u stay very far from d Hospital.. It's cheaper to rent. But if u stay close to d Hospital a cab might suffice.
She doesn't need to know.. His statements are enough
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cuteaidomo: 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2015
Good day all,pls elpaso mums dat used doctoresparati,did u do ur tests in Nigeria or wen u got to elpaso? I just learnt dat some of d tests are not available here in Naija. Called doctoresparati and dey said I can have all of dem done for 179 dollars and if I have done some here, the cost will be less..... Pls is this 179 dollars for real, I need to confirm from experienced mums pls to avoid any surprise bills ooooo. Urgent response needed pls. Tnx in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:41pm On Oct 19, 2015
MiddyO:

Ozycy and MiddyO...
Hmmm there's fake in naija o... My hubby is even saying we need to buy more..

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MayMaj(f): 9:41pm On Oct 19, 2015
@yemmyfinest... It's NJ, hoping to hear from her soon, I also asked her if the doctors fee is inclusive of epidural and pediatrician fee.. She's yet to reply me. Kip u posted
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:47pm On Oct 19, 2015
Nasadiva:

I don't get...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:52pm On Oct 19, 2015
Herladyship congratulations hon

Girlloom we give God the glory... Wish u a successful POE. Ur hubby's encouragement helped alot.

Oyinbo4real lwtmb dubai poe ke? Hahahhahahaah

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61