Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (849753 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 6:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
vcole:
Na wa. #mummyimustcomeoutin2016 hope ur aii.

Lol, wetin man go do na. I'm fine o! Looking forward to the new year

Happy 2016 in advance dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2015
vcole:
Na me oh. Make I no go lie enter 2016.

Lol! Na the mic wey you drop give you away! Lol! How market? U don book dat okada down wey go carry you go round for new year choppings? *tongue out*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 12:03am On Jan 01, 2016
WELCOME TO 2016. HAPPY NEW YEAR my lovely e- family. 2016 shall be a better year for us all.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 12:37am On Jan 01, 2016
ozycy:
WELCOME TO 2016. HAPPY NEW YEAR my lovely e- family. 2016 shall be a better year for us all.

Amen, May all our dreams and aspirations come true. See you all at the TOP. Have a fab 2016.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by toparie: 2:22am On Jan 01, 2016
Amen... Happy New Year to you too mama

ozycy:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by merrymum: 5:32am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy New year good people. May this year be filled with much joy and laughter for us.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kemmytino(f): 6:10am On Jan 01, 2016
Dear NL, is it possible to book Delta online. I tried doing that but says I can't because of my location (nigeria). And they don't have an office here in rivers state. Please let me know if am doing the wrong thing, I want to search for the farest price possible.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacklenst: 7:20am On Jan 01, 2016
donugapi:

My madam is currently in new york using MMC

Their package for VD with epidural is $8.1k, without epidural $1k less. Package for CS is $10.2k. It's all inclusive of tests hospital and doctor. I dont think it includes the pediatrician.

Pls, can u help with accommodation detail?
Trust, madam is doing well?
Happy new yr.
Tnx.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:46am On Jan 01, 2016
kemmytino:
Dear NL, is it possible to book Delta online. I tried doing that but says I can't because of my location (nigeria). And they don't have an office here in rivers state. Please let me know if am doing the wrong thing, I want to search for the farest price possible.
You book by calling in. You give them ur dates and they give u a quote.
Delta airline Nos

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FinanceFitness: 9:13am On Jan 01, 2016
Yay....congratulations darling....didn't know you've had your baby.... May God bless and keep the little one. Boy or girl? Hope you enjoyed Oakbend and Houston? Better than El Paso right?

You did gangster again abi?

Kingsmum:
Yea i stayed one midnight .. got to the hospital about midday on the 19th, baby came around 5:35pm same day. Dr E gave me d clear to go at about 3am, while baby got discharged around 6/7ish pm after the repeat tests done 24hours later after delivery.

quote author=ozycy post=41512661]
Wow,Dis is good.
Didn't know it can be this low cos I remember that first mama dat mentioned Dr E said she stayed one day and still got abt $335.
Guess it's the midnight thingy, you probably stayed just one midnight. I stayed 2 night lol.
when did you deliver?

Congrat kiboe on the arrival of your bundle of joy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FinanceFitness: 9:22am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy new year mothers and mothers to be!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:27am On Jan 01, 2016
kemmytino:
yes o... But I don't think u can fly from portharcourt with them. I stand corrected.
Google their number u shld find it there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:29am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy new year people...
God blessings for us all....
This year will b better than last year.... Amen

2016 mamas wish u safe delivery. Amen

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 9:30am On Jan 01, 2016
[quote author=omogedudu99 post=41519863]

@MiddyO, how are you and your LO? Hope you are doing great. I sat beside your mum on my flight. Did she tell you? She was really awesome and helped me carry my daughter several times during the flight. Please extend my thanks to her.

Thank God for a safe flight back home! My mom told me she sat beside a Nairalander and I was so excited, I kept wondering who it was. My son and I are well, waiting eagerly to go home! Take care! Happy new year!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:36am On Jan 01, 2016
United luggage for infant is just sweet.....

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Neake07: 9:39am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy new year to everyone!!!!

I'm currently 21 week pregnant and i'm thinking of giving birth in Chicago. This is my first child and I'm really confused on what are the steps to follow.
1) is it better to apply for a B1/B2 visa or to travel with the waiver programme?
2) what do I have to say at the poe? Should i tell them i want to give birth?
3) does the waiver programme gives you the same privilages and rights of the visa?
4) what are the cheapest hospitals/birthing centers in chicago?
5) how long does it take to get all the baby documents?

thank you all in advance smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:40am On Jan 01, 2016
So I can't use my card online..... because of This limit issue.
I guess this month I shld b able.
Pls I need to order medela breast pump adapter so that someone can bring for me.... Mbok
Who's coming this month o.
This battery matter is not funny... I don tire to buy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 9:42am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy New Year people! May God's divine favour locate each of us in 2016 in Jesus name! Amen!

When others say there's a casting down we will always have cause to say there's a lifting up in Jesus name! Amen!

Safe delivery to our 2016 moms!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:43am On Jan 01, 2016
Neake07:
Happy new year to everyone!!!!

I'm currently 21 week pregnant and i'm thinking of giving birth in Chicago. This is my first child and I'm really confused on what are the steps to follow.
1) is it better to apply for a B1/B2 visa or to travel with the waiver programme?
2) what do I have to say at the poe? Should i tell them i want to give birth?
3) does the waiver programme gives you the same privilages and rights of the visa?
4) what are the cheapest hospitals/birthing centers in chicago?
5) how long does it take to get all the baby documents?

thank you all in advance smiley
Waiver? You have to explain what waiver.

4 & 5. You av to read through o. I think some pages in this part can answer Chicago question.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:44am On Jan 01, 2016
MiddyO:
Happy New Year people! May God's divine favour locate each of us in 2016 in Jesus name! Amen!

When others say there's a casting down we will always have cause to say there's a lifting up in Jesus name! Amen!

Safe delivery to our 2016 moms!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 9:44am On Jan 01, 2016
firsttymum:
Pls I need to order medela breast pump adapter so that someone can bring for me.... Mbok

I am. Send me a PM.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Neake07: 9:55am On Jan 01, 2016
firsttymum:

Waiver? You have to explain what waiver.

4 & 5. You av to read through o. I think some pages in this part can answer Chicago question.

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) is a program of the United States Government which allows citizens of specific countries to travel to the United States for tourism, business, or while in transit for up to 90 days without having to obtain a visa.

I have European passport
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Able15: 10:14am On Jan 01, 2016
kiboe:
...and it has all ended in praise!To God almighty alone I give all the glory,I had my LO on the 30th via CS(unplanned),Dr E is an exceptional lady,I am glad I chose her.i had to be admitted due to HBP,hmmm,I am waiting for oakbend to nack me bill,I will keep the house posted.LO is a big baby but in perfect condition ,I sent him to the nursery so that I can sleep well before night vigil starts,but reading about charges incurred,I think I should keep him with me,dollar is not smiling,me sef I squeeze face unstop the mata.Lol

Congrats dear, God is indeed mighty
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Able15: 10:20am On Jan 01, 2016
Beryl15:

You know most of our pple there don't know much about this birthing/documentation thing...baby needs either a Naija passport, visa or ETC. so whichever one you choose, you're still gonna spend the money. Nigeria is not visa free for amelikan citizens smiley

Very true, thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Able15: 10:24am On Jan 01, 2016
[quote author=shawlar post=41513483]

For me, they checked mini-shawlar's travel docs twice; when we were checking in & @ the boarding gate. I had to show them his ETC when they checked his blue pali and saw no visa there... It was d immigration officer in 9ja that omitted asking for it. You have to get either a 9ja visa, 9ja passport or Emergency travel Cert. in order to travel to 9ja

Congrats to all the new mothers in the house.. May your LO's continually fill ur homes with Joy...,
& for those with successful POE stories..., we'll soon celebrate more good news from u soonest.

Your point is well taken, thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:00am On Jan 01, 2016
Neake07:

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) is a program of the United States Government which allows citizens of specific countries to travel to the United States for tourism, business, or while in transit for up to 90 days without having to obtain a visa.

I have European passport
There's been some chatter on this issue before.
Since u are on the visa waiver, u have no furthet need to apply for a visa again.
Where there was a divergence of opinions however was on if to write a notification of intent email. I am of the opinion that too much is better than too little. Send the email and keep the copy handy.
As to how to get documentations u jus gotta read.I remember seeing somebody's story in the past 3 days how she got her baby's documents in NY in like 3 weeks. Read back like 10 pages. Ul see it clearly stated out.
Congrats and have a wonderful pregnancy

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 11:28am On Jan 01, 2016
firsttymum:

Why don't you just buy rechargeable batteries...??
How is the LO doing....?? R u still on vigilante duties..??
Happy New year

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy New year to this wonderful E-fam!!!! I have learnt a lot and I'm still learning.
To those already on vigilantee duty, the Lord is your muscle grin.. To those still waiting to Pop their lovely LO's Hebrew women Grace I dash ya'll, to those diligently waiting, the favour and power of strategic and skillful kpekusing lipsrsealed is bestowed upon u. To those yet to be married as it happened for me it shall for you in Jesus name! To those on Visa queue biko remember to talk true wen u meet VO and wear coat of confidence cheesy.... Dollar dey or not we will survive every financial buhaha! grin .To those waiting intentionally Donald Trump shall not near d oval office ijn!!!Amen..

Ok bye!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 12:06pm On Jan 01, 2016
firsttymum:

I think you should buy rechargeable batteries. I've never used the adapter for my medela and I've breastfed two babies.
Happy New year!

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15