Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (850790 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
Good evening and hope you are enjoying your weekends?
Please who has recent experience or review on 'etihad airways' to the US (Houston) ? I read NY as their POE but want to confirm that. I have some money with them and thinking of using it for my trip, but want to be sure its preggie friendly.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 9:15pm On Jan 23, 2016
firsttymum:
shocked
@firstymum your moniker was on point jaregrin grin grin bros just troway both the water and bucket grin
@confirmeroptma am sure you know your intentions from the onset and you have probably read some pages of this thread why come and be asking for implications againundecided. Well our LadyGuinvere has answered you fairly.Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
najalady86:
Hello friends. Its been a while. Can see loads of testimonies. May our God's name be continually praised.

Pls a quick one. A friend of mine needs answers. She is 22 weeks gone and just had her water break. Doctors have put her on bed rest. But she is worried of the baby's chances of making it and if it's possible to have the baby in the Stares. She has a medical visa already.

Thanks in advance.
This is a complex situation o.The best person to advise your friend is her doctor honestly.her doctor has to contact/refer her to a doctor and hospital in the US,get medical insurance,get /inform an airline who is willing to fly her to the U.S with her medical issues is another factor to consider, so she has to figure out all these factors.
I pray that the Lord will perfect that which concerns the mother and baby in Jesus name.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Apple19: 9:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
Pls mamas that birthed in Dallas, will you advice I shop online or go to stores?? I shopped with Caters for baby stuff, but I think what am getting is still kinda expensive, even after using #200/1$ rate.
Also, which line is best to use here. Someone suggest Lycamobile, got to the shop and the ppl there couldn't activat the line shocked. Also T:Mobile, but my host says its pricey and i'll need to buy Boss revolution?. Pls which one O.

@Mama MiddyO, pls wen you registered with JPS, where you given ante-natal clinic outside Fortworth? Also, I was given one DHI something form to sign that it's part of the community package for pregnant mothers, said it covers the meal, baby checks while at the hospital and prolly, some feet test for baby...don't understand sha, but me I never sign am O, (as I no wan stories that touch the visa). Also they booked me for 1st of Feb, do you think I can get an earlier date?? How do I go about it??

Pls am sorry for the plentiful questions oooo...na JJC enter town
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Peaceful2016(f): 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
firsttymum:
what of transactions on other sites
for transactions on sites where you can select naira option (I only know of amazon sha) u"ll be debited 207ish. for other sites the transactions are in dollars and you are debited at 260ish
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Confirmeroptima(f): 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
Thank you so much for the prompt response. Just joined this platform; a friend refer me and its been really eye opening and educative. The Lord bless the contributors and the administrators.

Yes, the lady asked. I was here with my husband and he was the one answering the questions

The lady asked: Why are you here
Husband: For Vacation
The Lady: How much do you have?
Husband: $9,500
The Lady: How long are you staying?
Husband: Four weeks( thats actually the time we booked)
The lady: Are you here with any meat, peper?
Husband: No(we didnt travel with any)
The lady:Are you sure?
Husband: Yes
The lady: when last were you here?
Husband: Last Year
The lady: Place your hands on the scanner

We were both given 6months. It was husband idea that I rode on, guess it worked until i started reading from this platform that we did take a huge risk. We have gotten hospital before we left (someone introduced Oakbend and thats where we are using).
I need to know if you could help o are there implications like when returning with my baby. My Visa was gotten almost a year ago before conception and its B1/B2 together with my husband. I must say comments here are very frightening. Please we are not fraudulents.

Thanks again firsttymum

firsttymum:
really...
They don't ask "are you pregnant" it's you that'll declare it.
I'm sure they asked why you are in the US.
It's d same implication of concealing pregnancy to enter the US.... Some escape it, since me don't....

Ladyguinivere what are d implications?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 11:04pm On Jan 23, 2016
worry359:

How will you explain your baby when you leave?
Do you intend to pay for your medical care or are you going to ignore the bill?

Best case, you will be banned for fraudulent declaration, never get USA visa again.
Worst case you will be banned with a criminal case waiting for you for not paying.
Your child will never get green card.

She never said she killed someone o.
Maybe I should go back and read the post again.
This your reply is scary o

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Confirmeroptima(f): 11:21pm On Jan 23, 2016
I have paid the hospital bill already and the doctor bill already.

I didnt know of this trend until I was introduced to a Nigerian taxi cab man-Chris-by a friend's sister who also told me about nairaland paltform's on delivery in the US. I must say that the driver has been good, affordable and very warm.

Is it a fraudulent thing to come in wthout declaring. Am getting scared with different comments. Am not fraudulent and am not going to run away, I just want a good medical attention and other associated other benefits. Am prepared to pay my bills. I only need clarifications and possible intervention after reading loads of messages on this platform I became concerned and worried about many people travelling with declaration at the point of entry.

Pls what should i do exactly.

bbaby84:

She never said she killed someone o.
Maybe I should go back and read the post again.
This your reply is scary o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 11:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
Confirmeroptima:
I have paid the hospital bill already and the doctor bill already.

I didnt know of this trend until I was introduced to a Nigerian taxi cab man-Chris-by a friend's sister who also told me about nairaland paltform's on delivery in the US. I must say that the driver has been good, affordable and very warm.

Is it a fraudulent thing to come in wthout declaring. Am getting scared with different comments. Am not fraudulent and am not going to run away, I just want a good medical attention and other associated other benefits. Am prepared to pay my bills. I only need clarifications and possible intervention after reading loads of messages on this platform I became concerned and worried about many people travelling with declaration at the point of entry.

Pls what should i do exactly.

First of all, there's absolutely no reason to panic.
Were you pregnant when you got the visa?
If not Lady G has told you what to do.
However, the most important thing I would advise is to pay all bills and have your receipt handy at all times even when leaving.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MumTee: 1:18am On Jan 24, 2016
Hello my wonderful family, does anyone know about or done this Gerber insurance thing thing for their LO. I stumbled on their application When packing in prep for porting back home. Please shes some insights

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 4:35am On Jan 24, 2016
@confirmeroptima,

Sweetie don't panic and take a deep breathe!

Nothing to worry about, you are in,you are in.. do not accept medicaid, pay your bills, keep your receipts and zero balance handy. That's all. You didn't commit any crime. Nobody wil harrass you except you defraud the system.

Worry359, stop giving lousy and inhuman advise here. Did everyone that went to birth in the US outrightly declare their intentions? We did because we know the right thing, by the way, everyone to wat works for her!

[/quote]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 4:54am On Jan 24, 2016
Worry 359,

Please stop spamming this thread with your worrisome advise! You don't even av a first hand experience in birthing in the US! You come here and make comments based on some freaking theory that you know undecided when questions are asked, please keep MUTE if you don't have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE! Reality is way different from whatever theory you know!

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 6:47am On Jan 24, 2016
Apple19:
Pls mamas that birthed in Dallas, will you advice I shop online or go to stores?? I shopped with Caters for baby stuff, but I think what am getting is still kinda expensive, even after using #200/1$ rate.
Also, which line is best to use here. Someone suggest Lycamobile, got to the shop and the ppl there couldn't activat the line shocked. Also T:Mobile, but my host says its pricey and i'll need to buy Boss revolution?. Pls which one O.

@Mama MiddyO, pls wen you registered with JPS, where you given ante-natal clinic outside Fortworth? Also, I was given one DHI something form to sign that it's part of the community package for pregnant mothers, said it covers the meal, baby checks while at the hospital and prolly, some feet test for baby...don't understand sha, but me I never sign am O, (as I no wan stories that touch the visa). Also they booked me for 1st of Feb, do you think I can get an earlier date?? How do I go about it??

Pls am sorry for the plentiful questions oooo...na JJC enter town

For shopping, if you have cash or an American bank account with dollars in it, it may be better to go to stores. Don't pick random days to go , there are specific days when they do sales and promotions and offer discounts, if you can find out those days then you'll get great prices. Register online with babies r us, buy buy baby and burlington coat factory. Burlington has the best prices in my opinion but sometimes the packaging nawa. They'll send coupons and discounts that you can use.

If you're using your naira cards then just shop online, it's less stress and more affordable because you can choose to be debited in naira on some sites. You can watch out for easter sales, end of winter sales, mothers day sales, fathers day sales and even valentines day sales. They always have one excuse or the other for sales.

And the beauty of dallas is that you can get your tax refunds before you leave.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by najalady86: 8:26am On Jan 24, 2016
Bisoye82:

This is a complex situation o.The best person to advise your friend is her doctor honestly.her doctor has to contact/refer her to a doctor and hospital in the US,get medical insurance,get /inform an airline who is willing to fly her to the U.S with her medical issues is another factor to consider, so she has to figure out all these factors.
I pray that the Lord will perfect that which concerns the mother and baby in Jesus name.

Amen. Thank you dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 9:44am On Jan 24, 2016
Happy sunday peeps,

Pls, should one add her passport no and name in the notification of intent. I have an existing visa which I have used to travel with my family for holidays though its expiring this april and am not renewing b4 travelling since I plan using it btw feb to april b4 it expires. The formats am seeing here has no name and passport no so am checking to be sure. Also, if there is no name or passport no, how do they know the applicant?

Also, the conscent letter for the nigerian passport or visa, should I write it on my company's letter headed or husband's letter headed company or just anyhow or is there a format you can print like ds 3053?

Abeg, make una no crucify me for the question. Na beg I dey beg. I know its a crazy question. I tried typing it in the search button but they are showing me some kind irrelevant highlighted things.

Elpaso mama's travelling nxt month and due in march willing to identify with me. I dey here ooo. Pls, also update with flight and dollar things...

Many thanks.....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 9:49am On Jan 24, 2016
@ Apple 19, am not so sure of other lines but I dnt recommend T-mobile. I used it during my holidays but it was nothing to write home about. Very pricey. Ended up spending more and I never got the refund I was supposed to get from them till I left. Thats my personal opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:06am On Jan 24, 2016
emeldamicheals:
Happy sunday peeps,

Pls, should one add her passport no and name in the notification of intent. I have an existing visa which I have used to travel with my family for holidays though its expiring this april and am not renewing b4 travelling since I plan using it btw feb to april b4 it expires. The formats am seeing here has no name and passport no so am checking to be sure. Also, if there is no name or passport no, how do they know the applicant?

Also, the conscent letter for the nigerian passport or visa, should I write it on my company's letter headed or husband's letter headed company or just anyhow or is there a format you can print like ds 3053?

Abeg, make una no crucify me for the question. Na beg I dey beg. I know its a crazy question. I tried typing it in the search button but they are showing me some kind irrelevant highlighted things.

Elpaso mama's travelling nxt month and due in march willing to identify with me. I dey here ooo. Pls, also update with flight and dollar things...

Many thanks.....
#Change of intent. You can include passport and visa nos and sign off the letter with your name. That about covers it.

#Consent Letter. Plain sheet suffices
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 24, 2016
@confirmeroptima
Tell her the truth

Its called misrepresentation. At the border she was asked why they were here and they said VACATION when that was not the case especially since you are definitely not staying for just 4weeks. Cbp interview records are there.

Although there is no reason to panic Pay your bills get your zero balance and keep your receipts make lots of copies. This is in order for you to be prepared when you have to renew your visa because it will come up.

Safe delivery.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 1:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thanks...

LadyGuinivere:

#Change of intent. You can include passport and visa nos and sign off the letter with your name. That about covers it.

#Consent Letter. Plain sheet suffices
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by phummy2: 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hello all. Pls I'm planning to go have my baby in Oklahoma usa. Can someone familiar with that territory advise me on good hospitals, doctor, pediatrician and a cost estimate. I will really appreciate it. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Confirmeroptima(f): 4:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
Goodmorning House,

I just woke up and I want to say a happy Sunday to everyone. And a thank you for the positive comments I got this morning especially to calm down I have been disturbing my husband for putting us on a spot. It was my husband that said that we should go and not be afriad since he had gone before, this forum is very educative and I thank all the contributors for sparing time and sharing experience. Sometime we sleep on goldmine unknowing to us, I got to know this platform here in America when I asked for Taxi.

I wasnt pregnant when I got my Visa, I got Visa in february and took in May last year. I will keep all my receipts, already the clinic gave me a zero balance when I paid but they said they will give me another one when my child arrives and there are no complications. Am told the hospital will do same.

Am so grateful. Have a beautiful weekend everyone.

bbaby84:

First of all, there's absolutely no reason to panic.
Were you pregnant when you got the visa?
If not Lady G has told you what to do.
However, the most important thing I would advise is to pay all bills and have your receipt handy at all times even when leaving.
All the best.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 4:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
modath:

Thanks.. pele, the last lap dey always tey ehn!!

I remember one lady sef wey nor even wan dey comot house pass go see dosto! Abi a lie? tongue

My dear that is me right now! Tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 4:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
phummy2:
Hello all. Pls I'm planning to go have my baby in Oklahoma usa. Can someone familiar with that territory advise me on good hospitals, doctor, pediatrician and a cost estimate. I will really appreciate it. Thank you.

OKC is very pricey o n with this dollar rate too.. But u can try baptist medical center cos d have self pay package but quite high!! Or go to d 1st page follow d link n search for hospitals ur Self !! Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Apple19: 6:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
@TheLeakyTribe, thank you so much ma'am. Will sure look for those stores. And pls how will I get back my tax?? shocked cos the deal sounds cool O. grin

@Emelda Michael...thank you sis, think I'll just go with the Lycamobile. No time for stories that touch abeg.

@MiddYO, still expecting to hear from you. Hope you and LO are doing great.

@All, any other mama in Dallas using MCA or JPS Abi na only me waka come??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 6:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
Apple19:
@TheLeakyTribe, thank you so much ma'am. Will sure look for those stores. And pls how will I get back my tax?? shocked cos the deal sounds cool O. grin

@Emelda Michael...thank you sis, think I'll just go with the Lycamobile. No time for stories that touch abeg.

@MiddYO, still expecting to hear from you. Hope you and LO are doing great.

@All, any other mama in Dallas using MCA or JPS Abi na only me waka come??

You can get your tax refunds from Malls( I think northpark does it, not sure at this moment you can google it ). Or you get it on your way out at the airport. But you need to keep your receipts, show your passport and ticket to show you're buying the items for use outside the country.

If you choose to do it at the airport it may be a little stressful but you can pack your refund items into one box.(yes they inspect the items before approving refunds to be sure you bought them)

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Olufunmikay: 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
phummy2:

What specific city or area in Oklahoma are you looking at? Generally hospitals in the Oklahoma City area are more expensive than some in Texas but if you don't mind doing your research, you can check out the following around okc, Midwest city and norman areas: OU medical center, Edmond Okc or downtown okc, integris baptist, alliance health, deaconess hospital, norman regional, mercy hospital, st anthonys, integris southwest and lakeside womens hospital. I do not have much information on most of the hospitals listed but you can start your search from there. You can also contact @FFFB, she posted something about okc some weeks back.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by slamex85: 10:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hi, thank you to all the mama's in this forum I have been following this group for a while now, lam planning to give birth in Houston travelling by March /April if anybody is interested and also have plains for accommodation should pls let me know thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ladaps2001: 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hello beautiful people,does anybody has any information as regards accommodation for May Mom in Flint Michigan.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by slamex85: 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
Please mama's in the house I need a hospital in Houston that is cheap lets say 5000dollas for everything thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
slamex85:
Please mama's in the house I need a hospital in Houston that is cheap lets say 5000dollas for everything thanks
Ok
Wait lemme help you research for hospitals within your budget.

Erm do I also search for flights for you too?

What of free transportation?

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
firsttymum:

Ok
Wait lemme help you research for hospitals within your budget.

Erm do I also search for flights for you too?

What of free transportation?
Chaiii I missed this FTM! Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by theeds: 11:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hi peeps una dooo. i am a first flyer to the U.S. Pls I want to confirm if it isn't an issue changing my route from oklahoma to Texas as I stated in my visa application.

@slamex85: I intend traveling to Texas first week April. Though i am seriously considering el Paso . OWats ur take?

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.