Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (850761 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 11:50pm On Jan 25, 2016
slamex85:
@firttymum thanks alot i will like to see a break down from the hospital, but the flight I will like to do that myself thanks.

U r funny my dear lol!! Some people answered u naa.. Chk drE of oakbend she is within ur budget tho before waiting for cost breakdown !!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 11:52pm On Jan 25, 2016
ozycy:
OK, right now, laf wan troway me from this chair @ The poster above me lipsrsealed. grin

Reminds me of them wicked women in balogun market .. Ask them for road Abi directions at ur own risk or u find urself in d lagoon lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 12:47am On Jan 26, 2016
Hello House.

So someone asked me about filing tax returns with an infant's SSN.The pros and cons. anyone who understands this very well should kindly educate me.( esp someone that has actually done it) Highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:53am On Jan 26, 2016
firsttymum:
yes ma'am.... What about cooking for you

Steak and mashed potatoes, medium rare

With a bit of eucalyptus leaves
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 4:50am On Jan 26, 2016
neks31:

Reminds me of them wicked women in balogun market .. Ask them for road Abi directions at ur own risk or u find urself in d lagoon lol
grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 26, 2016
slamex85:
@theeds please am travelling the same period you are travelling April/may to Houston please let's talk so that we can plan together thanks.

Hey! You af entered one chance o, just make do of the info you've got and stop waiting u hear.......
Here is like husband house o (as yoruba will say that ile oko ile eko ni) lol. Read and get suitable hosp, then you can be helped. My 2 kobos o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 7:12am On Jan 26, 2016
jacksparow:
Hello House.

So someone asked me about filing tax returns with an infant's SSN.The pros and cons. anyone who understands this very well should kindly educate me.( esp someone that has actually done it) Highly appreciated.

Which tax returns are you filling,are you a US citizen,do you pay tax in the US? If you are talking about giving your baby's SSN number to a friend or a family member to use to file tax returns,then that is a no no. It has been discussed extensively sometime ago on this thread,the disadvantages are enormous

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 7:27am On Jan 26, 2016
Don't do it! Besides being illegal, you're also exposing your child unnecessarily cos this person can use your child's SSN to apply for credit cards, etc and run up debt and destroy his/her credit rating.

jacksparow:
Hello House.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TLKMama: 7:27am On Jan 26, 2016
jacksparow:
Hello House.

Why do people do this?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 7:37am On Jan 26, 2016
TLKMama:

Why do people do this?
shelly23:
Don't do it! Besides being illegal, you're also exposing your child unnecessarily cos this person can use your child's SSN to apply for credit cards, etc and run up debt and destroy his/her credit rating.
dere5:

Which tax returns are you filling,are you a US citizen,do you pay tax in the US? If you are talking about giving your baby's SSN number to a friend or a family member to use to file tax returns,then that is a no no. It has been discussed extensively sometime ago on this thread,the disadvantages are enormous

Well will search for the thread where it was discussed. Am not doing it. Just asking to know cause someone asked and I don't know a single thing about it. That's part of y we are here. Thanks though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 8:14am On Jan 26, 2016
Just tell the person No abeg

jacksparow:

Well will search for the thread where it was discussed. Am not doing it. Just asking to know cause someone asked and I don't know a single thing about it. That's part of y we are here. Thanks though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 8:43am On Jan 26, 2016
Hello awesome folks... Please how much is visa or ETC now? Has anyone recently used it? someone posted pages back that naija visa is 350 instead of 300 and ETC is an extra 40$ cause she moved to Dallas or so.. I need a confirmation regarding this. Thank you grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by beautyx5: 9:04am On Jan 26, 2016
Hi,

I am filling the DS-160 for my mum. I am now at the passport photo page but I dont have her passport and I remember that last 2 years, we were able to bypass that page. Can anyone who has filled the DS 160 offer me advice on how to proceed?

Cheers!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 10:10am On Jan 26, 2016
Apple19:
Pls mamas that birthed in Dallas, will you advice I shop online or go to stores?? I shopped with Caters for baby stuff, but I think what am getting is still kinda expensive, even after using #200/1$ rate.
Also, which line is best to use here. Someone suggest Lycamobile, got to the shop and the ppl there couldn't activat the line shocked. Also T:Mobile, but my host says its pricey and i'll need to buy Boss revolution?. Pls which one O

@Mama MiddyO, pls wen you registered with JPS, where you given ante-natal clinic outside Fortworth? Also, I was given one DHI something form to sign that it's part of the community package for pregnant mothers, said it covers the meal, baby checks while at the hospital and prolly, some feet test for baby...don't understand sha, but me I never sign am O, (as I no wan stories that touch the visa). Also they booked me for 1st of Feb, do you think I can get an earlier date?? How do I go about it?

Pls am sorry for the plentiful questions oooo...na JJC enter town

Please send me a PM, I couldn't reply the previous one.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ennyo: 10:21am On Jan 26, 2016
@firsttymum no oh,i didn't see your pm.okay my email is enitancares@yahoo.com.
please just buzz me and then we can talk.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 10:52am On Jan 26, 2016
jacksparow:

A certain uncle of ours that lives in the US has been hounding, and I mean hounding us for our kiddos SSN. We have just dodged.

Don't wanna go into details here before the lurkers pounce on it and turn it into something else.

Long and short is that its illegal

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 10:54am On Jan 26, 2016
shelly23:
tried to do it some yrs back in Houston and it was just looong!

Thanks a lot. Really sounds like a long thing. And me I hate going to shops sef, I prefer to do everything online..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by damidamsel: 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2016
Hi All, i'll like to get some advise on sending change of intent letter. So this is my scenario.....i got a visit visa on Dec '15 (easy breezy) while i was 5months preggy. I wasn't asked if i was preggy n i didn't declare coz my aim was to use the visa for holiday that December (had not done any birthing research) and i was more worried abt getting the visa than abt d pregnancy coz i was a potential immigrant also having family as citizen n LPRs over there and having lived there also for 4yrs on student visa.....Long story short, i got the visa and went on a 2weeks trip in Dec. POE was also easy breezy, no questions asked abt being preggy. Was stamped in for 6months which i could have stayed back to have my baby but decided otherwise as that wasn't d purpose of my trip. Family convinced me to come bk and birth so i got all necessary info from doctor and hospital. Planning to return in March as EDD is april, in your opinion, do i need to send a change of intent letter?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by veejohnson: 3:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
theeds:
Hello mommas, pls I am a first time mum.bin following the thread from the very start. May GOd bless all the contributors. Pls I will like to knw if there are May mum's in the house leaving March and considering dallas/Houston /elpaso, so as to build companionship (as per colabo tinz)as per I am gonna be on my own and e no funny. Abeg can we wrk together.

@ slamex85: I still dey xpect ur response
Hello, may mum here. But am not leavng march, since with El Paso I can leave at 35 weeks am leaving April 20. Am going to be by myself as well and I know d feeling. God is our strength!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
damidamsel:
Hi All, i'll like to get some advise on sending change of intent letter. So this is my scenario.....i got a visit visa on Dec '15 (easy breezy) while i was 5months preggy. I wasn't asked if i was preggy n i didn't declare coz my aim was to use the visa for holiday that December (had not done any birthing research) and i was more worried abt getting the visa than abt d pregnancy coz i was a potential immigrant also having family as citizen n LPRs over there and having lived there also for 4yrs on student visa.....Long story short, i got the visa and went on a 2weeks trip in Dec. POE was also easy breezy, no questions asked abt being preggy. Was stamped in for 6months which i could have stayed back to have my baby but decided otherwise as that wasn't d purpose of my trip. Family convinced me to come bk and birth so i got all necessary info from doctor and hospital. Planning to return in March as EDD is april, in your opinion, do i need to send a change of intent letter?

You will send "Notification of Intent" not change of intent because the visit has been used for the actual purpose of travel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jayjay4lyf: 3:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
damidamsel:

Notification of Intent
You're notifying dem of your intention
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iphie26: 3:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
Just to give back to the house, I have decided to settle for Northside hospital in Atlanta after hopping from Houston to Tennessee .

For CS is $21,000 with 75% discount if you are paying immediately which brings it down to $5475, then you have to pre register online and could also make payment before you arrive the States . I intend paying via form A so as to benefit from the official rate . Was asked to call back next week when my details must have reflected in their account to get the bank details for wire transfer.

Also contacted Dr Andrews and she gave me a quote of $1900 for CS , lab work is $750.

I'm leaving in April, anyone going around that time using Northside?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Hello mums...pls how early can one apply for USA visa..baby is due in September. thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by prolify: 4:45pm On Jan 26, 2016
luna13183:
Hello mums...pls how early can one apply for USA visa..baby is due in September. thank you

As soon as possible,its always better to start early.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by missexiest: 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
Iphie26:
Just to give back to the house, I have decided to settle for Northside hospital in Atlanta after hopping from Houston to Tennessee .

For CS is $21,000 with 75% discount if you are paying immediately which brings it down to $5475, then you have to pre register online and could also make payment before you arrive the States . I intend paying via form A so as to benefit from the official rate . Was asked to call back next week when my details must have reflected in their account to get the bank details for wire transfer.

Also contacted Dr Andrews and she gave me a quote of $1900 for CS , lab work is $750.

Pls how did u contact northside hospital,have been trying to do the same but it seems have been sending msgs to the wrong email.Pls can ugive me the emaill addy n dr andrews contacts too.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by prolify: 5:44pm On Jan 26, 2016
slamex85:
@firttymum thanks alot i will like to see a break down from the hospital, but the flight I will like to do that myself thanks.

Awwwww, smiley such a pure soul,poster is obviously immune to sarcasm. grin. You go girl cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 6:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
damidamsel:

Hey dear, in my sincere opinion it isn't neccessary to send a change of intent letter to the embassy in your particular case.

You applied for a tourist visa and used it for that purpose. They judged you eligible for multiple entries. As long as you have used the visa for its intended purpose I don't see a problem.

The change of intent is for people who applied for a purpose but were unable to use it as they had initially intended. In such a case it's better to err on the part of caution and notify the embassy. In your case I don't think it's neccessary.

Saying you need to notify the embassy that you're using the visa for medical purposes is like saying if I apply for a visa to visit for the first time, and decide to use it on business a second time I need to notify the embassy

This is my opinion sha. I however believe that you must declare your intention to give birth at the POE. Your interview wouldn't neccessarily matter again because you have used the visa as you intended upon application .

HOWEVER , if you feel that going to have your baby may affect your immigrant application, then it may be wise to pre- notify the embassy.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 7:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
cinakin:
Hello awesome folks... Please how much is visa or ETC now? Has anyone recently used it? someone posted pages back that naija visa is 350 instead of 300 and ETC is an extra 40$ cause she moved to Dallas or so.. I need a confirmation regarding this. Thank you grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by slamex85: 7:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
@ Iphie26 good day pls do you have plains for accommodation that 2 people can stay and share the money together, I will appreciate thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 7:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
Etihad is doing promo oh, just thought to share and someone answer my earlier post Biko grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by slamex85: 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
Iphie26:

@iphie26 let me know if your accommodation can take 2 people so we can pay together thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2016
cinakin:
Etihad is doing promo oh, just thought to share and someone answer my earlier post Biko grin

I think the promo is for May trips right? I booked today and only got for DH. The lady said I can't get as I'll be going earlier.
Though I only had to use her cos we have pending tickets with Etihad, so we just added some money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.