Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (850839 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 11:48pm On Feb 18, 2016
emeriem:

I used it to pay Doctores Para Ti registration fee ($154.5) via paypal and Zenith bank debited me N52,280.49

Awwww, Pele. . cry

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by simababe(f): 2:12am On Feb 19, 2016
Now I am scared. My Edd is early september n. I don't know how much dollar would be by then. Dh is getin discouraged, I tynz get worse na to jejely born my pikin for lag be that.

Easy delivery for all mamas IJN

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 2:35am On Feb 19, 2016
Good day all, kindly help me out with the process of getting the DS-3053 (consent form) done. Can I use any lawyer as notary or I have to get to federal high Court. Also am I to scan and send the filled form or am to send it by express mail. I really wanna see my baby before this month end.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Confirmeroptima(f): 3:26am On Feb 19, 2016
I got to know of the unavailability of what they called long form sheet for the production of bc here in fort bend county. So i took the short form bc which only contains my LO full name, DH full name and my full names also containing her birth date and place of birth but i learnt the long form sheet contains all info on the short form and info on doctor that delivered hospital used and afew other info.

I was apprehensive before but i applied for passport with the short form and i had picked up already. If Fort bend county is out of short form papers there is no need for travelling far, you may need to go the state health centre in downtown houston and apply with $23 they will give you the short form and you can submit at passport office.

But naija i hail us, we ran the papers out of circulation although mexicans follow join sha

neks31:

Nothing much just that I can't understand how " paper for BC" no dey n people r traveling 3hrs to go get from another town near Houston!!!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mymy2015: 3:56am On Feb 19, 2016
AsiwajuAfo001:
Good day all, kindly help me out with the process of getting the DS-3053 (consent form) done. Can I use any lawyer as notary or I have to get to federal high Court. Also am I to scan and send the filled form or am to send it by express mail. I really wanna see my baby before this month end.
. Depends on the state where u are applying for the passport. Some states need the form to be notarized at the American embassy others use any notary public. You have to send the original signed one and not scanned copy. My husband used dhl for abt 13k and I got it here within days.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Natsuki: 4:45am On Feb 19, 2016
I was reading your tips, my question is why do you need to have the Nigerian passport for the baby in USA cant you do all that documentation in Nigeria once you get there??[/color][color=#000099] thank youuuu
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ijelenne: 4:52am On Feb 19, 2016
simababe:
Now I am scared. My Edd is early september n. I don't know how much dollar would be by then. Dh is getin discouraged, I tynz get worse na to jejely born my pikin for lag be that.

Easy delivery for all mamas IJN

I am Sept mum too. Just chilling and hoping it gets better. But wait, what if it gets worse then? This is some scary shyteoooooo! Fingers crossed!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Natsuki: 5:02am On Feb 19, 2016
emeriem:

I used it to pay Doctores Para Ti registration fee ($154.5) via paypal and Zenith bank debited me N52,280.49

Did they already sent you the letter? Is is signed by a doctor? When they will see you? Did they tell you they need to do an $250 scan? Because im going to el paso also
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Zumabeezle: 7:16am On Feb 19, 2016
Natsuki:
Hello i am new in this forum. Im planning to have baby in US my question is if it is too risky if I travel 35+ weeks pregnant, any experience?? Thank you

It's certainly risky but some mothers have done it. Most airlines have a cut off time of 36weeks though. You will need your fit to fly. Good luck lady.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 7:28am On Feb 19, 2016
biollar1:
Hello, please which hospital did u friend transfer to? I desperately need to find another hospital that accept transfers pls.

Not directly to a hospital. It was El -paso runz.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:14am On Feb 19, 2016
Yippeeeee! Dancing azonto here. I am happy for you. The 4k will do something. Next is money gram

emeriem:
I'm so grateful to all of you who have encouraged me in this. Nefertiriam(u r an angel) , zillyo, happytbaby etc. God bless you all.
I finally got usd4000 from stanbic ibtc today. Went there early morning and left some mins past 6:00pm but it was worth the stress.
I can't remember who mentioned Mr Femi here today. I'm also very grateful to that person, he really helped me.
Will still see what I can do to get more dollars tomorrow. I will still appreciate further advice. God bless you all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 8:31am On Feb 19, 2016
Ok si i hav a question guys.

Is 4k pta enough for POE?
Cz of dat issue of them wantin to be aure u can afford your bills.

Abeg wetin una think. Me sef de d matter.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:31am On Feb 19, 2016
Start sourcing for your dollars now

quote author=simababe post=43052243]Now I am scared. My Edd is early september n. I don't know how much dollar would be by then. Dh is getin discouraged, I tynz get worse na to jejely born my pikin for lag be that.

Easy delivery for all mamas IJN[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 19, 2016
Hello my ppl... is it too early to travel in 25wk.. my edd is in june. just tinking n dis stress of dollar got me tinking
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 19, 2016
I really admire your resilience and the sacrifices you are making for your baby in this 11th hour of your journey...God will perfect it all for you in Jesus name... smiley

emeriem:
I'm so grateful to all of you who have encouraged me in this. Nefertiriam(u r an angel) , zillyo, happytbaby etc. God bless you all.
I finally got usd4000 from stanbic ibtc today. Went there early morning and left some mins past 6:00pm but it was worth the stress.
I can't remember who mentioned Mr Femi here today. I'm also very grateful to that person, he really helped me.
Will still see what I can do to get more dollars tomorrow. I will still appreciate further advice. God bless you all

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jumzzy448: 9:23am On Feb 19, 2016
shawlar:

Your contact person should be your host; contact address also.... (although some people put in their docs details sha)
Relationship is relationship btw contact person and yourself

Please help me. It's in regards to the emergency travel certificate.
Will I be filling any form? If yes, where do I get it from?
Question 2. Is the fee $270 or $170?
Question 3. What are the processes?
Pls kindly help a sister. My friend is going nut already and she's not a nairalander.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bmanbaba: 9:42am On Feb 19, 2016
Hello i am new in this forum. Im planning to have baby in US my question is if it is too risky if I travel 35+ weeks pregnant, any experience?? Thank you

I will advice you to go earlier if u can. Wiffy travelled at abt 35+, before we could get fit to fly self for airport, na wahala as they were not willing to(the pregnancy was big) even at her POE, they said she shldnt av travel that late.
But if u av to, I think Delta and united will take 36 weeks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 9:55am On Feb 19, 2016
emeriem:

Babe I told u to get stanbic card naaa, Fidelity charged me 45k at 293, just pick up stanbic credit card this morning abeg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Zumabeezle: 10:06am On Feb 19, 2016
favoredgal:

Track it onlineto see its progress

Monday is too soon to be worried

Worse case they will call you for an interview as no on gets denied through Dropbox without a fair chance via interview

Thank you Favoredgal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 10:18am On Feb 19, 2016
jumzzy448:

Pls kindly help a sister. My friend is going nut already and she's not a nairalander.

emergency travel DOCUMENT (ETC)

1. Cost - $270 plus $20 for post office or $30 for FedEx

2. Send the following supporting documents:

- 2 passport photos of baby.
- Copy of parent's Nig. passports (data page)
- Birth certificate (copy)
- Itinerary and Letter of consent for ETC.

and address it to:
The Consular Officer, Embassy of Nigeria,
Washington DC 20008

You can use this Sample Letter but please edit it to make it yours

Dear Sir/Madam
We the parents of ...wish to apply for emergency travel certificate for him/her to enable us take him to Nigeria. Due to logistics reasons we are unable to process a Nig passport at this time. Thank you for your assistance.
Yours truly, (sign and also write your full name. Spouse to sign too).

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 10:28am On Feb 19, 2016
MiddyO:

Not a fluke o! I also had 2 23kg bags for my son.
maybe they met and uninformed staff or something
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 10:29am On Feb 19, 2016
vcole:
i doubt yours was a fluke. i think another mom also got the 23kg x 2 bags for her infant after you. for this my friend, she even saw the extra allowance on her reservation online but at the baggage drop no show. the issue may be the departure airport. i suppose since united is more of a "houston" airline just as Delta is an "atlanta" airline and american airlines is a "dallas" airline, the houston airport staff are generally more informed on these policy changes especially when its a recently reviewed one. she was departing from minnesota.
Oh mayb it's cos it's not Houston... Eeeya
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Zumabeezle: 10:41am On Feb 19, 2016
emeriem:

Congrats! I'm so happy for you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 10:56am On Feb 19, 2016
Please ooo moms reply abeg.

Who has travelled with just 4k cash amd went for childbirth. Will the POE have a problem with the amount?

Is t ok? Bcz dollar isnt coming down. Pleasee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 11:23am On Feb 19, 2016
Print your Nigerian account statement and carry your cards. Use the statement as proof of funds.

You can also carry things like your employment letter (for you and hubby) showing how much you earn. This can help to prove capacity to pay.

F63X:Duquote author=ajujuju post=43060425]Please ooo moms reply abeg.

Who has travelled with just 4k cash amd went for childbirth. Will the POE have a problem with the amount?

Is t ok? Bcz dollar isnt coming down. Pleasee[/quote]

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sege2016: 11:25am On Feb 19, 2016
Dear All,

Thanks for all your support my wife got her visa .

She just showed the burden of prove to the visa Officer and he told her to come back for her visa.

What i want to know now is we are looking at her travelling to California as against the Texas she mentioned during the interview .

Do we need to write letter of intent as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:25am On Feb 19, 2016
jumzzy448:

1. No
2. 270.. Shipping is 30 dols
3. Call d contact
Email the things he or she will ask for.
Sit back and chill for it to arrive
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:27am On Feb 19, 2016
ajujuju:
Please ooo moms reply abeg.

Is t ok? Bcz dollar isnt coming down. Pleasee
I went with 4k. Just have ur statement Incase... Mine wasn't asked for tho. And have ur Internet banking handy

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:29am On Feb 19, 2016
ZillyO:

Babe I told u to get stanbic card naaa, Fidelity charged me 45k at 293, just pick up stanbic credit card this morning abeg.
credit card?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 11:43am On Feb 19, 2016
@ Emeriem

I am happy your plans are working out, I actually had El paso in mind when I made the estimate of N1.4m in my post quoted below. Thank God you were able to save costs on Tickets. Where is your POE sef? May God go with you.

Please always ask other mamas for cheap deals. If you need to go around, learn the bus routes or go out with other mamas so you can share taxi costs . I hear you can pre-order a free pick up to the mall.

Macy's always have 20 percent off on Saturdays. I prefer them for baby clothes cos you don't have to sift through their stock to nice stuffs. Always go the sales rack first.

I don't know if there is a Carter's shop in el paso but I have also seen crazy sales there.

For your accessories, Like shoes, bibs, sleepsuits etc, I think Burlington is cheaper. For main clothes however, you will have to look through so many to pick out the nice ones and they are not necessarily cheaper than Macy's.

If I remember any other cost-saving mechanism I will let you know.

happytbaby:
Please decide on the doctor/hospital quickly (from the options people give here) so that you can apply for Form A to pay Doctor upfront @200 naira per dollar. Also check the last few pages for the banks where people bought PTA. If you pay your fees lets say N1.4M, you can then take 3,000 dollars from PTA (this is assuming that you get ticket of N500k. Really tight but God is with you.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 19, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Awww congrats.

Congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49