Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (850995 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tbash16: 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
Pls house, how do i get my baby's Bc, called d county n dey said its not available weda long or short n i dnt wanna go to Austin. Then do i need to do anything tegarding baby's Ssn aside d form i filled at d hospital or will it just come in d mail soon.thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shirley013: 7:28pm On Mar 10, 2016
2.if i decide to apply for a nigerian passport instead of Visa hw long will it take to get it. (I initend doing the processing myself)

Awaiting your responses.
Thnk you[/quote]

I did mine @ Washington DC & got it the next day at the office too, though I expedited it with about 80usd or so. But if you don't it takes 2weeks to get it back.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adiahabasi: 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
IyawoToBe:
Great Ife no dey carry last!!! I always knew most people on this thread attended OAU. The ruggedness and the spirit of aluta on this thread no get part 2. We are though mehnnnnn. Of the Greatestttttt Shiwonnnnnnnnn wink wink wink wink
bigfido:

Great Ife, great Ife, Africa's most beautiful campus.. Conscious, vigilant, progressive......
modath:

Of the greatest gbagba gbogbo.... wink
Modath of life! I should have known since sef from your doggedness especially on the politics section say na Awo cafe u bein dey read!Aluta spirit lasts forever!...I hail all my peeps..forward ever,backwards never!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ennyo: 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2016
@shirley013.thanks so much for responding.
Aside the consent letter frm parents and birth certificate of the child was der any of necessary info required.?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
ozycy:

Congratulations on the arrival of your prince. If you used Oakbend, the Birth certificate should be ready in 2-3days, call passport agency and book appointment, after you v received baby's passport, apply for visa or ETC.

This PTA and dollar wahala is so serious.
I feel for pple travelling this time cry

Abeg, pple wey dey go China dey collect PTA?
is this the corrct order to go about baby documentation

Please state duration it takes to get the under listed docs and cost God bless you all
We are using Oakbend

And why is there no paper for bC grin
[b][/b] grin
Birth Certificate
SSN
AMerican Passport
ETC or Nigerian Passport

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Aka Jehovah na'eme mma

God please touch hearts in Baylor too.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shirley013: 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
Nope. Just the documents requested for on their site.
Aside the consent letter frm parents and birth certificate of the child was der any of necessary info required.?[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by donugapi(m): 8:36pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ennyo:
Hello house,
I also confirmed the reviewed price,however if Dr E is your doc and Laurie has given you the old price that is what you will still pay upon arrival.
Also i wld like to make some clarifications.
1.Do i have to wait for my child's SSN b4 applying for d child's passport?
2.if i decide to apply for a nigerian passport instead of Visa hw long will it take to get it. (I initend doing the processing myself)

Awaiting your responses.
Thnk you

1. You do not need the SSN for the passport. Just enter five zeros in the form

2. I did my LO's passport at the embassy in New York. Entered at 11am, got her passport by 3pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 8:58pm On Mar 10, 2016
Adiahabasi:
Mo of life! I should have known since sef from your doggedness especially on the politics section say na Awo cafe u bein dey read!Aluta spirit lasts forever!...I hail all my peeps..forward ever,backwards never!

.... Awo cafe of the major Aro!!! stories boku ehn!! cheesy cheesy

Politics is the blood with future plans but Nairaland's brand is crazy & purposeless!!

All person dey do is just trying to shape/ correct any misrepresentation/ outright falsehood cos some don't wish the country well, only so they can sleep well & soothe their trouble souls ,their bad belletisis however is a direct fallout of their political missteps & gaffes....

A lot is wrong with the country & it will get worse before it gets better, but all will be well, God willing...

@bigfido @ ebonychic @ iyawotobe.. I see una... great, great, great, greeeaaaaatttt.. smiley

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 9:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hi Omodadi. I PM'ed you oh. ejoo check. e se gaan.
Aunty Modath I just know say you must be OAU-ite! the way you dey articulate like no man's business. Carry go!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
vcole:
Hi Omodadi. I PM'ed you oh. ejoo check. e se gaan.
Aunty Modath I just know say you must be OAU-ite! the way you dey articulate like no man's business. Carry go!

I have responded. Lol @ PM'ed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
Enizo:

is this the corrct order to go about baby documentation

Please state duration it takes to get the under listed docs and cost God bless you all
We are using Oakbend

And why is there no paper for bC grin
[b][/b] grin
Birth Certificate
SSN
AMerican Passport
ETC or Nigerian Passport
birth cert: $23 each. from 24hrs after filling the form and submitting, you can start checking fort bend County birth certificate website to track the BC to know when it's ready.

SSN: free, will be delivered to your address in about 7 working days.

Passport : expedited fee when you apply at downtown is $165

ETC: $270 minus shipping fee. Recent pple Dat did ETC paid $320 guess the shipping fee is already included in this.

Visa: depending on which agent you are using. It's from $300 minus shipping fee

In all, you should get all this in less than 2weeks if you pursue it.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Peebles23(f): 9:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
And this got me laughing who says uber is expensive... Uber is d surest thing ooo. That reminds me of one yellow cab man a Nigerian ooo naso this man go dey gist with me inside car oo for road. He'll now b driving slowly nd turning his head backwards to me to gist.... See me forming my brother thing because we are from nija by the time i got to know that he's using me I spark for him ooo that if he doesn't move fast we will share d fair naso d man reach destination in no time ooo. Paid him nd left never used him or yellow cab again. Uber rock!!! There's this cheap one i heard of too its called LIFT learnt that its cheaper than uber. It was wen i got to nija they told me about it.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Moyetty: 11:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hello house..please I really need your assistance..Is there any one travelling to America by June to Dallas precisely and has accomodation to share..Am really in need of it. I am having accomodation issue as I will be going for child delivery there..This is my first time aswell.I really appreciate this site because I know I will get a respond soon. Thnk you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dittobaby: 12:15am On Mar 11, 2016
modath:

Of the greatest gbagba gbogbo.... wink

Greeeeeeeaaaaatttttt Ife!!! I salute ooooooooo!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Airpure(f): 2:12am On Mar 11, 2016
Hey Guys. Does anyone in Houston need a Graco Baby Carseat. Must pick up within 1 week. email me @ airpure23@gmail.com

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ye2ndearisto: 4:03am On Mar 11, 2016
Please who knows how much access bank charges to a dollar on atm charges in USA . Please tell me before I enter one chance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iwanawana: 6:01am On Mar 11, 2016
[quote author=modath post=43651326]

Of the greatest gbagba gbogbo.... wink[/quote

Of the greatest of the greatest gbogbo gbagba! Love me some of my Alma Mata jor. House may una no vex na so we dey jonx when we see or hear each other.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Moyetty: 7:31am On Mar 11, 2016
Good morning house.. Still waiting on your response.. Any one in America ( dallas, or houston that can get me a cheap accomodation? Pls I will be glad if there is any..pls holla at me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:04am On Mar 11, 2016
Peebles23:
And this got me laughing who says uber is expensive... Uber is d surest There's this cheap one i heard of too its called LIFT learnt that its cheaper than uber. It was wen i got to nija they told me about it.

I tried both.

Uber is cheaper than lyft - maybe because uber reviewed their rates downwards for winter the period I was in Houston
The advantage uber had over yellow cabs apart from cheaper rates per km is uber doesn't charge when the car isn't moving- like traffic lights, waiting time, etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ronnie1984(f): 8:09am On Mar 11, 2016
Wonderful mummies and daddies...a beautiful morning to u all and I cannot fail to commend all those who have shared their knowledge on the various budding issues. Pls I have a little problem...I really do not understand the notary document thingy and how to properly get the consent letter arranged. I need to get a clear explanation as to processing because my hubby might not be going on the trip with me and I need to get the baby's documents out on time to leave on time. Pls someone who understands Shld explain to me. Na beg I dey ohhhhh.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adiahabasi: 9:47am On Mar 11, 2016
Ye2ndearisto:
Please who knows how much access bank charges to a dollar on atm charges in USA . Please tell me before I enter one chance
Google abokifx,then scroll down..u'll see different bank rates for the day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 11, 2016
Okay I take it all back what I said about femi of stanbic.

They have limited funds it seems it's being rationed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 10:24am On Mar 11, 2016
bimc:
Yes, i got a quote on tuesday and I think it has been reviewed

Got my quote in december. You can pm me for further discussion. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 10:27am On Mar 11, 2016
happytbaby:
Tickets are not smiling o, it's so not funny that we are looking at N16m for my Mum, little madam and I......any hope summer tickets will get better?

The annoying thing is if we don't get ticket we can't apply for form A ....

Pls am ticket haunting now. Lets compare note.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 10:40am On Mar 11, 2016
Everybody, Dr E, Dr F, Oakbend...hian! You people should explore new grounds.

Meanwhile, I've found a very good deal in Phoenix. I won't share until I've tested the waters before una go pour sand for my garri #okbye#

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 11, 2016
Enizo:
Okay I take it all back what I said about femi of stanbic.

They have limited funds it seems it's being rationed
actually how pta works is that there is an allocation given to all banks to sell a particular amount of fx e.g $50k and then they do remittance to cbn before a particular time of the day, so if they allocate 100k or whatever amount on any day of the week they attend to customers on queue if there is a queue and if there is no queue they attend to those that come according to priority of travel dates like stanbic does, so if at the time person enters the 100k allocation has been exhausted they can't sell again until the next allocation comes from cbn you get? Not until I understood this whole process I was bitter that why didn't they sell to me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2016
greatie:

Pls am ticket haunting now. Lets compare note.
i'm ticket hunting too o, prices are over the top mehn! Just keep a tab on it everyday via wakanow, travelstart and the airlines website

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by customised87: 11:34am On Mar 11, 2016
Ronnie1984:
Wonderful mummies and daddies...a beautiful morning to u all and I cannot fail to commend all those who have shared their knowledge on the various budding issues. Pls I have a little problem...I really do not understand the notary document thingy and how to properly get the consent letter arranged. I need to get a clear explanation as to processing because my hubby might not be going on the trip with me and I need to get the baby's documents out on time to leave on time. Pls someone who understands Shld explain to me. Na beg I dey ohhhhh.

The consent form can either be notorised at the US embassy or by a notary public, it depends on the state u r birthing at. Some states accept only the US embassy notorised form while some states accept both. If u are fortunate that the state u r giving birth at accepts both, you can print the form from the US embassy website and give to a notary public near you to help u sign and notorise it. You shouldnt fill the form, just sign(u and ur husband) and fill ur ID card details, leave the dates and also the baby names space blank. You can then travel with the form and then fill the blank spaces after u had given birth.
However, if ur state accepts only the US embassy notorised form, you will have to wait till u ve given birth, then your husband can print out the form, fill it and notorise it at the US embassy before sending it through courier services to you.
So, u first of have to find out which type ur state allows.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bolof2010: 11:34am On Mar 11, 2016
feddy27:
Everybody, Dr E, Dr F, Oakbend...hian! You people should explore new grounds.

Meanwhile, I've found a very good deal in Phoenix. I won't share until I've tested the waters before una go pour sand for my garri #okbye#

I also got a place in phoenix not bad at all am June mum can we rub minds?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Moyetty: 11:44am On Mar 11, 2016
Yes o.. Would you be traveling by june or you are In the states already.

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52