Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (850550 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
Some banks are still very reliable.... Sterling and Stanbic.... Una no go liquidate o.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
biollar1:
Some banks are still very reliable.... Sterling and Stanbic.... Una no go liquidate o.

Ur PTA sorted??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 3:57pm On Mar 17, 2016
chloe7:
ZillyO try corporate messengers I used them from the uk to ship a lot of stuff and they delivered to my door step but they were a little bit pricey, someone has also used them from NY to send stuff to me and they were efficient, if you look them up online you'll see their Website, i'm sure others on this thread will have other shipping agents they have used actually some of these shipping agents online are scams o

Thanks a lot sweetie. I will check them out. I know about the plenty online scam...lol that's why I'm asking for professionals that are tested and trusted, I no fit shout. Thanks a lot dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by COJ1484: 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hello everyone. Please does anyone know any reliable shipping agent in Atlanta?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
biollar1:

Why u nor nor go tlk? Jaiz bank too, I hail o.....
Maybe I go fit hail stanbic sha, still waiting
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 4:35pm On Mar 17, 2016
@evemama... Where is my wine? U were suppose to get back to me as per your ticket na, u cum do am as I do my own sef...wey my tip o? Lol

Don't mind me, since we are plying same route and u r leaving early, kindly update me as per Newark POE. U dig? That's my fee for the flight info.

All the best dear

evemama:
Going to Houston by 2nd wk in april, am using United flight but first connecting flight will be from abuja by Luftansa. So its abuja to Frankfurt by Luftansa, Frankfurt to
Newark (new jersey as my poe), then Newark to Houston all by United. Return houston directly to lagos. Flight ticket cost 315,578.

quote author=blue355 post=43709255]Hi May/June Mamas,
Anyone travelling to houston by end of April?....which flights are you using? any reasonably priced flights?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 4:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hahahahahaha see dis preggie o! Lmao!!

My joy ryt now knows no bound dear, GOD BLESS @firsttymum, @mrsbnw and @sylolo PLENTY for the Form A tips, I for still dey para upandown

May God Continue to illuminate una world with beta beta blessings.

omodadi:

Why u nor nor go tlk? Jaiz bank too, I hail o.....
Maybe I go fit hail stanbic sha, still waiting

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
PTA ke? Na Form A o, will start that hustle next week, travel date is May and that's quite far(according to some banks).

ajujuju:

Ur PTA sorted??

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by passionantchica: 5:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
Thanks Chloe7. Keeping my fingers crossed.
And if I find a good deal, I'll notify too.

chloe7:
I pray you get a favourable ticket deal to atl has tickets are pretty much over the top now, just keep monitoring as i'm also looking for a ticket to atl at that time if I find any i'll be sure to tell the house
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by passionantchica: 5:56pm On Mar 17, 2016
I saw the Qatar option, but 30 hours is no joke.
Not sure I can pull that off.

Still checking.

cutie333:

for atlanta mums, i checked today and qua tar is doing 264,500 from wakanow but it's one stop. all together 30hrs.
it's really a long journey.
pls if you see something better, let us know.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shinnie(f): 6:00pm On Mar 17, 2016
biollar1:
PTA ke? Na Form A o, will start that hustle next week, travel date is May and that's quite far(according to some banks).

Biollar please which bank did you use for your formA and how long did it take for the payment to be done?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tjelta: 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2016
Apple19:
@merrymum, God bless you for this info. But I don't know how long it'll take for them to process it. I intend leaving on Sunday before, but baby's US PP is not even ready. Applied over 4weeks ago, (Expedited), only to receive a letter that babys name is printed, sign...blablabla, in a nut shell, we sha re-fill the form and sent it back (expedited too O), and we're still waiting. So I'll just shift my ticket and Wait for the Naija PP stuff.(Additional expenses). It is well.

@All, pls for mamas that uses Sebamed products on LO, did you get from US? If yes, pls kindly tell me the stores, so I can get for lo. They seems not to know what it is here. Or if there's any other lotion like it (Tested and Trusted) pls help. My baby is kinda breaking out, and Pediatrician said I should get Cetaphil, but not helping. Pls TIA

@ apple19, i think you baby is allergic to these products, my son was like that too. After wasting money on Sebamed,cetaphil and placing him on steriods at that tender age with no way forward , i was advised to use local shea butter not the processed one. the one that hausa women sell in otako market. Also called okuma, my dear that thing is natures gift to us as my son skin cleared like magic. Try it and the result will shock you. I still use it for him up still now after wasting thousands of naira going from one dermatologist to another.

ANY MAMA GOING TO LOS ANGELES IN JUNE AND INTERESTED IN SHARING A TWO BEDROOM SHOULD PLS SEND ME A PM. thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by merrymum: 6:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
favoredgal:

Be careful with this

The last time they came to Houston in October, 2015 people that processed passport got it after 3 months.

It wasn't instant in anyway. If u came for missionary waka I advice you just do visa or ETC and be on your way

Cc apple19

Wow... Ok, thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by merrymum: 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2016
ansol:

thanks. We paid about N74,400 to add baby to wifey ticket. Paid using their Nigeria office in Ikeja

Ok. Thank u very much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2016
Stanbic 48hrs and Sterling 5days

shinnie:

Biollar please which bank did you use for your formA and how long did it take for the payment to be done?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Apple19: 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
favoredgal:
Apple19

Baby is breaking out where?
Is it on the face?

Are u rubbing oil on her head? If yes stop it for now cuz I'm surprised you say cetaphil isn't working. It has zero scent so shouldn't provoke any allergic reaction.

Yes she's breaking out on the face. I stopped using Cetaphil on her face instead I use Eucerine. And I use Coconut oil on her head (original). Her doctor said I should stop using soap (Dove white) on her face too. The rashes just keep re-occuring. I Even stopped Dairies in case it might be die to allergy. Really getting tired
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dialinn: 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2016
Enizo:

You are good my inlaw flew abt 35 or 36 can't rem. Though it won't hurt to check there website. Kindly hold your fit to fly though

Thanks Enizo for dropping this note. Please confirm if your inlaw flew united airlines @ 35/36 weeks and when exactly was this?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
Pele dear, I can totally identify with what you are going through...when I had my daughter I went through similar if not worse...was using Johnson then with her...she broke out on her face, constantly peeling skin on the front and back of her head and then different colour patches on her skin. It was a horrific period for me but now her skin is flawless, beautiful and perfect... I just had to allow myself understand that sometimes infants go through such and it will pass...so pls dont go crazy over it... grin

Spent a lot of money but finally skineal did the trick...had to mix the skineal with ori (original market bought Shea butter) cos skineal on its own lightened her skin... Also used black soap when I got back to Naija...the black soap that those women mix specifically for babies... My mum got that for me though but I know it has honey and a lot of great components for their tender skin. So my advise: while still in the US utilize sebamed soap (I used it on my baby too later and its pH value thingy is great) and Shea butter...and most importantly relax and dont stress because her skin will regain its perfection before you realise it.

Apple19:

Yes she's breaking out on the face. I stopped using Cetaphil on her face instead I use Eucerine. And I use Coconut oil on her head (original). Her doctor said I should stop using soap (Dove white) on her face too. The rashes just keep re-occuring. I Even stopped Dairies in case it might be die to allergy. Really getting tired

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Apple19: 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2016
madammamus:
Pele dear, I can totally identify with what you are going through...when I had my daughter I went through similar if not worse...was using Johnson then with her...she broke out on her face, constantly peeling skin on the front and back of her head and then different colour patches on her skin. It was a horrific period for me but now her skin is flawless, beautiful and perfect... I just had to allow myself understand that sometimes infants go through such and it will pass...so pls dont go crazy over it... grin

Spent a lot of money but finally skineal did the trick...had to mix the skineal with ori (original market bought Shea butter) cos skineal on its own lightened her skin... Also used black soap when I got back to Naija...the black soap that those women mix specifically for babies... My mum got that for me though but I know it has honey and a lot of great components for their tender skin. So my advise: while still in the US utilize sebamed soap (I used it on my baby too later and its pH value thingy is great) and Shea butter...and most importantly relax and dont stress because her skin will regain its perfection before you realise it.

Thank you ma, i sure need this encouragement. indeed it's really funny to see your baby's once flawless skin going the other way round. Will soon return home sha, and all these will be history

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tjelta: 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
What you advised is okay but pls be careful with skineal, skinmed as it contains steriods. that is why it was lightening her skin. infact that is what some women use to bleach their skin. most medications used to treat skin disease contain steriods and are unsafe to be used for a long time especially for a baby. Their long term damage on the baby`s skin and metabolism is just not worth it.

[quote author=madammamus post=43863757]Pele dear, I can totally identify with what you are going through...when I had my daughter I went through similar if not worse...was using Johnson then with her...she broke out on her face, constantly peeling skin on the front and back of her head and then different colour patches on her skin. It was a horrific period for me but now her skin is flawless, beautiful and perfect... I just had to allow myself understand that sometimes infants go through such and it will pass...so pls dont go crazy over it... grin

Spent a lot of money but finally skineal did the trick...had to mix the skineal with ori (original market bought Shea butter) cos skineal on its own lightened her skin... Also used black soap when I got back to Naija...the black soap that those women mix specifically for babies... My mum got that for me though but I know it has honey and a lot of great components for their tender skin. So my advise: while still in the US utilize sebamed soap (I used it on my baby too later and its pH value thingy is great) and Shea butter...and most importantly relax and dont stress because her skin will regain its perfection before you realise

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by priscai(m): 8:33pm On Mar 17, 2016
bless0043:
please any September mama let plan together. thank you

I am August ending September oo. Houston preferably

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
dialinn:

Thanks Enizo for dropping this note. Please confirm if your inlaw flew united airlines @ 35/36 weeks and when exactly was this?

She flew with them in December and she was 35/36
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by osat82(f): 8:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
Apple19:

i think you should try oilaum bath additive,my son also had alot of rashes as a baby,the doctor recommended it and it worked

http://www.boots.com/en/Oilatum-Junior-Bath-Additive-150ml_7516/

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 8:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
Apple19:

She is reacting to all those stuff, I think shld stop applying lotions,moisturiser or ointment, if sebamed has oil u can try that and the body wash in place of bar soap. Till date my 5yrs old does not use bar soap cos he was reacting to it as a baby, I use mothercare oil and body wash and his skin is flawless.
Stop fretting she will be fine. Wish you the best.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mummybee: 9:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
Please stick to what madammus said. I had exactly d same experience with my baby and it was like a week to travel back to naija. I was so scared ehnnn...and you know our people, they'll be like 'upon d America wey you go born, see your pikin face'..lol well my dear don't bother yourself too much. Just continue with the Shea Butter. In my case, I mixed my Shea Butter with little funbact A, and it worked magic!!!

Apple19:

Thank you ma, i sure need this encouragement. indeed it's really funny to see your baby's once flawless skin going the other way round. Will soon return home sha, and all these will be history

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ify4charm: 9:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
COJ1484:
Hello everyone. Please does anyone know any reliable shipping agent in Atlanta?

You can check ABC cargo. They r in atlanta

3130 Locke Drive SE
Atlanta, GA 30316. Phone number +14042073738 sunny.

I don't know their rate but my sister dropped off her things at their office on Tuesday and uses them any time she comes over to the U.S. call and get more info.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2016
Apple19:

Hi,

My son broke out too when he was a few weeks old. His ped asked me to buy dove sensitive and aveeno baby lotion ( the one with no scent) and cortisone 10.
After my sister had stocked up on Shoprite's discounted Johnson. We left it all in America for her.

With my Daughter I took ori (Shea butter) even her ped was loving the moisture on her skin.

All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55