Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (850838 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Christyline: 9:59am On Mar 18, 2016
N282

please do you know the exchange rate used for moneygram at unity bank?[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:03am On Mar 18, 2016
phummy1821:
Hello everyone, Abeg I need your advice/opinion. I got my visa almost 2years ago with my husband, our purpose of visit was for vacation in New York. At the time we applied and got the visa we didn't have any relation or family in the US so when asked at the interview if we would be staying with anyone we said no. Later that year my sister and her family got their green card and moved to the US. Now I'll be traveling next week with my mom to visit my sister in Maryland, do I need to inform the embassy that I now have a sister in US and I will be staying with her and I will be going to Maryland and not New York as stated during my interview? I intend to go with my marriage certificate, change of name and birth certificate to prove my relation with my mom. Note: my husband has already used his own visa but he enter thru New York so there was no problem. I just don't want any wahala at the poe. Thanks.

Not at all, not necessary

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 10:13am On Mar 18, 2016
justwise:

On well.. you know what to do then

This guy. I asked why my post was removed because I didn't feel I broke any rule but the only reasonable answer you could give was for me to commit harakiri?
Lol. It's ok then

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:35am On Mar 18, 2016
Has it occured to anybody that the same way we are all addicted to this thread and share dreams and all what not that the cbps are also addicted and check in after work to know if they they got a mention for the day cheesy

Hello CBPs! LadyG dey holla una from Naija o! Una don chop? Ok I carry amala and ewedu de come. cheesy

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by passionantchica: 11:40am On Mar 18, 2016
Congrats, have a safe delivery, and a beautiful time in all.

Honesty, preparedness, and confidence matter big time.

michelleano:
To God be the Glory, I got to the US on wed POE is atlanta, Information is power. It is good to read and go prepared with proof n with God on your side you will conquer all POE hassles. I used wheel chair, got to atlanta 5.20am, was wheeled to scan passport n snap then to the CBP
Me: Gmorning
CBP : morning, why are you in the US?
Me: To have my baby
CBP. : Where in the US
Me. : Maryland
CBP. : Which hospital in maryland? .............

.............While waiting we got chatting, hmm mm my fellow nairalanders the CBP's actually are reading about all our posts here and knows all we say about them, Na so he asked how did you get to know you can birth in the US, are you on nairaland? See mee oo, I cum dey laugh I said yes he said where did you read, part 1,2 or 3? Shooo! I said I read part 3 he directed me to part 2 that I should read that they talked about one CBP in there that sent a woman back or something that he is actually the one they were talking about Na so gist ooo, so moral of my story be well prepared and say the truth at all times honesty pays..... I appreciate all the info givers on this forum may we all not labour in vain over our adorables.... God bless us all n successful delivery for us ijn. Now chilling in maryland waiting for my first appointment with d Dr.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by phummy1821: 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
Thanks oga justwise
justwise:

Not at all, not necessary
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iwanawana: 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
bigfido:

This guy. I asked why my post was removed because I didn't feel I broke any rule but the only reasonable answer you could give was for me to commit harakiri?
Lol. It's ok then

Oga Justwise, I believe any hospital or an establishment can only consider placing advert only when they have be made popular here by our folks atleast they would get to hear about nairaland. D hosp mentioned hasn't even been used here by anyone yet I presume. I, Bigfido and everyone who comes here knows that this is YOUR WORLD and we merely live in it but biko werenu nwayo(takeam easy). But I must commend your sacasm cuz eno get part 11. Just my observation teh teh. Welldone sir.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
bigfido:

Lol. It's ok then

@harakiri kwa! shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
Make I follow Lady G hail Awon CBP!

Shout out to CBP officers in Houston, New York, Atlanta, Chicago! More grease to ya elbows!

Mon ki yin oh!! Abeg any time una reach ds side, make una de hail us from time to time na! No be jst to silent read and waka comot na!

Oya chop knuckle! Una too gbaski!

Make una sha mellow small for ya homies na, if you see green pali, just hails us with 3 gbosa, give us smooth entry as per na we we! You know wetin de na!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
nefertitiram:

@harakiri kwa! shocked

Abi no be so.. As him talk "you know what to do"..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
Iwanawana:

Oga Justwise, I believe any hospital or an establishment can only consider placing advert only when they have be made popular here by our folks atleast they would get to hear about nairaland. D hosp mentioned hasn't even been used here by anyone yet I presume. I, Bigfido and everyone who comes here knows that this is YOUR WORLD and we merely live in it but biko werenu nwayo(takeam easy). But I must commend your sacasm cuz eno get part 11. Just my observation teh teh. Welldone sir.

I actually share his views about adverts and all and that was why I made it clear that no one should pm me but to call them. I went through the same link that I posted to him to post on the first page. I been overdo myself for helping people and making the forum better so we don't recycle hospitals and be at the mercy of Oakbend and the likes. Nefertitiram, no its not that expensive. Only if you are doing CS.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 1:04pm On Mar 18, 2016
bigfido:

I actually share his views about adverts and all and that was why I made it clear that no one should pm me but to call them. I went through the same link that I posted to him to post on the first page. I been overdo myself for helping people and making the forum better so we don't recycle hospitals and be at the mercy of Oakbend and the likes. Nefertitiram, no its not that expensive. Only if you are doing CS.

On their website, Vag delivery was about $2904, baby's stay is $900+, doc fee is not included, this is just for hospital stay.

Do you have their personal correspondence including can, lab, hearing test, baby tests, etc, in case am getting it all twisted? No vex say I de pay devil's advocate o! Na make person no enter one chance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
Iwanawana:

1. You are wrong, if this is my world then it will pay my rent, gas, electricity, water, internet, council tax and TV lenience bills and i will make money out of you 'living in my YOUR WORLD'.

2. Making hospitals and other establishments popular here will not necessarily encourage them to place a paid ad here rather they will increase their charges and STOPPED placing a paid ad here because some people here have inadvertently done their advert for them.

The moment people discover 'cheap' hospital and profile it here suddenly they get bombarded by requests and as a result it becomes an expensive place to use.

Some members here took the pain to write down suggestions for first page so as to make it easier for people to do their search and get a better deal, so i don't see the need for anybody to start posting name and price list of hospital here and then a page later somebody will come and ask for cheap hospital again?

How many times do we have to keep discussing this?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sugah: 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
@bigfido I waited with bated breath for your response to my question I quoted you on....only to just realize my comment had raptured without me (may it not be so on the last day mbok grin )
Bia justwise, which of your company's rules did I break with my msg directed at bigfido? Bigfido mentioned a hospital I had already contacted and I.... Why am i even explaining? You know what you deleted and your reasons.
I guess we should all keep our research findings to ourselves then.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 2:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
nefertitiram:

On their website, Vag delivery was about $2904, baby's stay is $900+, doc fee is not included, this is just for hospital stay.

Do you have their personal correspondence including can, lab, hearing test, baby tests, etc, in case am getting it all twisted? No vex say I de pay devil's advocate o! Na make person no enter one chance

I called quite a lot of hospitals yesterday in relation to the website and I found a huge difference in the rates posted and what was actually required of you to pay because of percentage discounts they offer. I am quite certain that's the price because I spoke to them. Their tests cost between 750 to 1k3 and you can still request for discount. If you can in fact stay for a day after dropping, you get to pay 1k5 for hospital bills. I don't want to anger samurai so I don't get the knife, so I won't drop any more info. But like I said in my "justwised" post, call them and verify the info.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
sugah:
@bigfido I waited with bated breath for your response to my question I quoted you on....only to just realize my comment had raptured without me (may it not be so on the last day mbok grin )
Bia justwise, which of your company's rules did I break with my msg directed at bigfido? Bigfido mentioned a hospital I had already contacted and I.... Why am i even explaining? You know what you deleted and your reasons.
I guess we should all keep our research findings to ourselves then.

Sorry I didn't read the post so I can't answer. Please call them and request for info. I think I have done my part
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sugah: 2:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
bigfido:

Sorry I didn't read the post so I can't answer. Please call them and request for info. I think I have done my part

I had called during my research before your post... And was only asking you which of them gave you that quote..cos I only spoke with the shoreline location and their price for CS wasn't as cheap as that for bigger cities.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 2:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
nefertitiram:
Make I follow Lady G hail Awon CBP!

Shout out to CBP officers in Houston, New York, Atlanta, Chicago! More grease to ya elbows!

Mon ki yin oh!! Abeg any time una reach ds side, make una de hail us from time to time na! No be jst to silent read and waka comot na!

Oya chop knuckle! Una too gbaski!

Make una sha mellow small for ya homies na, if you see green pali, just hails us with 3 gbosa, give us smooth entry as per na we we! You know wetin de na!

A l a y e levels. #gbaski#
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nogen:

A l a y e levels. #gbaski#

O sha mo! Kikikikiki

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iphie26: 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hello House. Just wanna share my Form A story with GTB.

I applied around 19th of Feb. to pay my hospital bill at Northside Hospital in Atlanta(After several declines via mails for thee acceptance of payment via wire transfer, I finally spoke to their financial counselor on the phone who now gave me their bank details)

Bank requested for ppt,visa page, reference letter,travel ticket and the filled form A. After submitting this for almost 2 weeks nothing happened with the payment until they now liened the naira equivalent of the amount, I started following up wwith them to process and remit the money and I was told they give more preference to paymention of school fees and it's when they ve excess they process medicals.

with this news I switched over to Fidelitybank and started a fresh request and which ever comes first can go through.

To summarize, GTB debited my account last week Friday with charges amounting to 13800 and I got the Telex copy on monday after I told Fidelity Bank to stop the process in their branch.
As advised by Northside to contact them once this payment is made I started making calls and writing them mails to confirm this payment so it can be posted to my hospital account, also sent the Telex copy to them. I jus got a mail from them now confirming the payment and the posting to my account.

With form A I was able to save about 600k from my hospital bill. I still await my PTA with Fidelity Bank. They ve given me their assurance.

If you can make your payments ahead. Thanks everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
Apple19:
@All, so much appreciate you mothers, May God preserve our los for us. @Favoredgal, pls what should I use on her head? Won't the scalp be getting dried??

Thanks ya'll

till she gets to 2/3 months (when the skin can adapt better) nothing or very very little oil

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
Lemme explain JW's stance. In all fairness. Let's use ds Bigfido's hosp for example.

So we call the Hosp Ara Jesu, yer.

Ara Jesu perhaps is super cheap. Maybe 3k for the full package.

Big fido drops the info. Free advert for a cheap hosp. NLders bombard dem with calls, Ghostmode peeps and spiritual members even show up there. The hosp now realizes oh boyee, demand don high, meanwhile supply of manpower and resources remains constant. Which factor becomes variable? PRICE! Case in question Mobap! What you are trying to gain by "helping people" becomes counter productive, cos if you had kept mum, the lucky few will have access to the old price.

Even if the hosp proves to be James bond and carries everybody, Doctores para ti that dropped big money to put advert will feel cheated. And may be discouraged from continuing the transaction.

Maybe Ara Jesu hosp had plans to pay Seun to gather customers, no need na. Big Fido don do the free publicity na. Seun don loss money be that.

So, the way forward is to behave like the Phoenix people. Drop hint, I don see package ooo! Those of you interested, join the bandwagon and carry the ministry to the permanent site in Phoenix. Dallas people don de coordinate themselves too.

This is beneficial to all parties, simply because, spiritual members and monitoring spirits will not help you destroy the opportunity before it gets to your turn.

If you want to help Ara Jesu, you can contact dem to get clients by advertising here, Seun suppose find us small commission sef. angry

Anyways, Bros JW, did I succeed in breaking it down?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by NanaF: 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
Please who knows if travelex is selling PTA at the airport?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kaydcute: 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hello house, Please help a sister, this is very urgent.... Need an hospital in El paso Texas that accepts the Form A? I registered since January with Del Sol and got one Dr Iwaloye but none is accepting the Form A payment. I have to change as i have just 2 weeks to travel date.

Got Doctores Esparati's invoice but the commission are out of my budget......$250 on only Hospital bills.....abeg, biko sisters and brothers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
kaydcute:
Hello house, Please help a sister, this is very urgent.... Need an hospital in El paso Texas that accepts the Form A? I registered since January with Del Sol and got one Dr Iwaloye but none is accepting the Form A payment. I have to change as i have just 2 weeks to travel date.

Got Doctores Esparati's invoice but the commission are out of my budget......$250 on only Hospital bills.....abeg, biko sisters and brothers.
read ZillyO's post she paid her bills via form A to the hospital she opted to use in elpaso
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Moyetty: 4:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
wellscon:
Hello Everyone.

We are expecting our second baby in July, and we are making arrangement for the visa interview.
I'd like to ask from experienced momas and daddies in the house:
None of our maternal parents will be available for the US trip at this time.I also won't be able to travel at this time due to work.
My wife would have to travel in June with our 2 year old daughter.They will stay in a rented apartment throughout duration.Is it possible/advisable for a pregnant mother to travel accompanied? For momas who have done it before, how did you cope? Please kindly share your advise.

Gracias

Av u guys booked appointment with a doc, and where in america is she travelling to.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by eunore1: 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
Congrats michelleano, please what's your exchange rate if I want to send dollars to folks in Nigeria?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bolof2010: 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
To my fellow phoenix mummies, let's talk biko the cheapest package I saw was about 6k5 excluding peadetrician which is estimated to be about 800 to 1k. Anyone with info on a cheaper package should please hints us na.... thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kaydcute: 4:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
okay, i will read up Zilly O's post...... Thank you.
chloe7:
read ZillyO's post she paid her bills via form A to the hospital she opted to use in elpaso
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
nefertitiram:
Lemme explain JW's stance. In all fairness. Let's use ds Bigfido's hosp for example.

So we call the Hosp Ara Jesu, yer.

Ara Jesu perhaps is super cheap. Maybe 3k for the full package.

Big fido drops the info. Free advert for a cheap hosp. NLders bombard dem with calls, Ghostmode peeps and spiritual members even show up there. The hosp now realizes oh boyee, demand don high, meanwhile supply of manpower and resources remains constant. Which factor becomes variable? PRICE! Case in question Mobap! What you are trying to gain by "helping people" becomes counter productive, cos if you had kept mum, the lucky few will have access to the old price.

Even if the hosp proves to be James bond and carries everybody, Doctores para ti that dropped big money to put advert will feel cheated. And may be discouraged from continuing the transaction.

Maybe Ara Jesu hosp had plans to pay Seun to gather customers, no need na. Big Fido don do the free publicity na. Seun don loss money be that.

So, the way forward is to behave like the Phoenix people. Drop hint, I don see package ooo! Those of you interested, join the bandwagon and carry the ministry to the permanent site in Phoenix. Dallas people don de coordinate themselves too.

This is beneficial to all parties, simply because, spiritual members and monitoring spirits will not help you destroy the opportunity before it gets to your turn.

If you want to help Ara Jesu, you can contact dem to get clients by advertising here, Seun suppose find us small commission sef. angry

Anyways, Bros JW, did I succeed in breaking it down?

Couldn't have done it any better.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sugah: 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nerfertitiram we go kuku make you moderator tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by funtolash: 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2016
Good evening naira land family. Just got introduced to this page by a friend and she did spoke highly of the quality and quantity of information/value one can get from you guys. So excited about that. So here is my case:
I have a B1/B2 visa valid for 2yrs that I got last year june. I was not pregnant then and I've not travelled since then. Now am just a few weeks pregnant (almost end of my first trimester) and I intend having my baby in the USA. Here are my questions and ls forgive me if anyone of it is stupid:

1. What is the first thing I need to so in preparing for the trip.
2. Do I need to send a letter of intention to embassy. During my interview I was asked why do I want to go to the US and I said vacation. (Remember I was not pregnant then).
3. Is it advisable to travel with my 3yr old daughter. We were both issued the visa last year and both us have not got to use it although we've both travelled to Dubai before we got the visa.
4. At what month of the pregnancy wld you advice I travel.
5. When buying my ticket, what shld be the duration
6. I intend staying in New Jersey (East Windsor) with my aunt. Is that advisable and will it raise a red flag at the POE. she is a nurse and also a citizen.
7.Any recommendation on affordable and good hospital in New Jersey.
8. My husband visa expired in Feb this year. How do we go about renewing it. Need step by step procedure and any information that would help the renewal.

Would really appreciate your response. God bless you all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.