Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (851016 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by zoemummy: 9:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
Congratulations Ozycy!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olagirl(f): 9:11pm On Oct 13, 2015
@hebrewoman2014... Been trying to reach you by email to no avail, kindly post the contact of the doc you used at Northside Hospital, or better still please respond to the PM.

@ NL
Please do you have contact of an affordable doc affiliated with northside, that will accept patients at 35 weeks. Been talking to some doctors quoting $3000 + which is on the high side and some not willing to accept patients above 30 weeks.. Kindly help a sister.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by gaggle: 9:13pm On Oct 13, 2015
ozycy:
Nigerian consulate passport services will be in Houston TX from 14th to 17th. Venue: Comfort Inn 11230 Southwest Freeway, Houston TX 77031. If you are interested in processing your baby's Nigeria passport. Abeg I just got the info and decided to share, I don't even know if sb Hv shared it already as I hvnt been able to read up new posts. Thanks for all your wishes, I appreciate.

My host told me that the Passport doesn't arrive immediately cos they take it back to their head office then start processing. He actually got his almost a month after applying at one of such exercise in houston. So not sure it's a good idea. Pls anyone with more info should clarify.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 10:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
nefertitiram:
Will send you his boss's number

wasere....
So you even have the oga on top's number....
@nefer is highly connected... grin cheesy
Pls do send it, - u have my email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
ozycy:
Nigerian consulate passport services will be in Houston TX from 14th to 17th. Venue: Comfort Inn 11230 Southwest Freeway, Houston TX 77031. If you are interested in processing your baby's Nigeria passport. Abeg I just got the info and decided to share, I don't even know if sb Hv shared it already as I hvnt been able to read up new posts. Thanks for all your wishes, I appreciate.

Thanks for sharing d info. Do you know if they'll issue the passports immediately, or maybe even the next day...??

Modified:-
Just saw @gaggle's response...., 1 month... shocked shocked!!?? Nope, not 4 me then...
They should jst bring their blue biro grin and give visa jare

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 11:08pm On Oct 13, 2015
OZYCY congratulations to you and your family.

God's blessings

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 11:42pm On Oct 13, 2015
[quote author=kaakaa post=38948051]Hello every one..... I have successfully ported and in atlanta right now..... want to share my poe experience

Pls I need to know what sim card to buy o... so I can come and share my experience.... using my hosts Hotspot right now

Last year I did the Tmobile (unlimited Web, US voice and sms) plan with the Boss revolution for naija calls.

It cost me about $100 in total monthly but the calling and texting helped me get thru the boredom of the weeks before the baby came. I'll be doing the same this time around

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 12:16am On Oct 14, 2015
Anyone travelling to houston this mth (oct) and needs accomodation shd pls PM me. cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:27am On Oct 14, 2015
neks31:

Hi firsttymum pls wot airline did u take from nej to Houston n how dd u book d flight I hope I'm not asking too much
I flew United. Lufthansa was to frankfurt... The rest was United Normal way people book flights na... I didn't book d flights differently. Except I don't get u. I wanted to avoid Atlanta and Houston completely.. [quote author=omogedudu99 post=38960348][/quote] 100 dols monthly.... Hian what! I'm using same T-Mobile and I'm not even paying up to 1/3rd of that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 12:28am On Oct 14, 2015
Wow....thanks everyone @dyout, adiahabasi, gaggle, vanum, nef, Ifax and others... you guys are great.....I appreciate your timely response...thank you

Poe gist in a bit....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 1:07am On Oct 14, 2015
@firsty the Tmobile bundle was about $60 and I'd spend almost $40 for the boss revolution. Like I said, I did a lot of talking n texting during the waiting period. You may not spend up to that if don't need to. There are diff plans on Tmobile u can choose. The boss revolution is pay as u go
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by gaggle: 1:28am On Oct 14, 2015
pls anyone that used houston methodist Sugarland apart from the $1500 epidural fee did you still get $600+ bill from anesthesiologist o. Pls, help b4 someone comes down with a heart attack. Hmmmm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bmanbaba: 4:48am On Oct 14, 2015
@All. I will like to start by appreciating everybody on this forum . I av read almost the whole pages from part 1. You guys are helping a lot of pple . please I av some questions. Although,some pple have asked similar question but I don't think d answers addressed my situation completely. I got a B1B2 visa with my wife a and Daughter in January 2015 for family vacation.we bought the ticket in march and schedule the trip for Sept. My wife became pregnant in May. We however proceeded on our trip in sept has planned. We spent exactly 2 weeks and presently back to Nigeria. It was while we were there that Frnd and family adviced us to come have the baby in the USA. Also at the POE,the officer there noticed that my wife is pregnant and asked if we were there to av d baby. We said No that we only came for holiday.which is true bcus we never tot of it . She will b due in Feb 2016. Please what are our chances at the POE. ? Thank you. So sorry for the lengthy Torry.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 5:00am On Oct 14, 2015
[quote author=omogedudu99 post=38960348][/quote]

Too much money! $100 a month. Haven't you heard about ultramobile?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 6:19am On Oct 14, 2015
bmanbaba:
@All. I will like to start by appreciating everybody on this forum . I av read almost the whole pages from part 1. You guys are helping a lot of pple . please I av some questions. Although,some pple have asked similar question but I don't think d answers addressed my situation completely. I got a B1B2 visa with my wife a and Daughter in January 2015 for family vacation.we bought the ticket in march and schedule the trip for Sept. My wife became pregnant in May. We however proceeded on our trip in sept has planned. We spent exactly 2 weeks and presently back to Nigeria. It was while we were there that Frnd and family adviced us to come have the baby in the USA. Also at the POE,the officer there noticed that my wife is pregnant and asked if we were there to av d baby. We said No that we only came for holiday.which is true bcus we never tot of it . She will b due in Feb 2016. Please what are our chances at the POE. ? Thank you. So sorry for the lengthy Torry.

No worries at all,poe has nothing on you since you guys have used the visa for what it was originally issued for. To be on the safe side you can do a change of intent mail to the embassy, then start the real preparation .i.e hospital search,correspondence etc. And most importantly read this thread in detail so that you will be fully equiped for poe and the whole experience.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 6:21am On Oct 14, 2015
nefertitiram:
I'm just marking present grin

Why did you not hola person that the office has moved to another site?

Fiful dey born sha. cheesy

@nefertitiram, @ firsttymum, @shrekandfiona, @phema, @nasadiva, @shelly23, @bbaby @ ladyGuinevere @austine2020......

Hi everyone, @shrek, just seeing the story you posted & but i am not shocked in the least..

You guys remember when i shared my POExit story??

I'm sure some may have thought "oh MO is just garnishing with salt & maggi,there is no way a POE could be that bad (from some people's posts)....

Whatever thoughts or apprehensions anyone has about how harsh the Agents at ORD are, kindly double it, they are worse than anyone's imagination...

The fact that those Agents were unable to cancel my visa that day must have been a source of great disappointment to them cos the look on their faces when they found the receipts would have been comical if it weren't an horrific and traumatic experience.....

PSA again;

Avoid Chicago POE if you are pregnant or have any kind of comma, they will humble you with your MONEY.

Peace out. wink

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 6:25am On Oct 14, 2015
Tobermom:

Babes i dey o, counting down in hours. Days are just too long... Will buzz you later

How are you doing?

Specifically came here to ask about you... E Hug..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 7:16am On Oct 14, 2015
Hi.
First of, congrats.
Now if I may ask was it VD or CS.
because apparently the hospital charge/package covers both delivery n postpartum pain mgt. However anesthetics epidural session is billed separately pls it's a single bill of $1,500 (as far as I know) wch is very much negotiable. To add to that there is a time frame in wch u are expected to pay else dey charge u the full bill.

My advice I is try locating their office n go there personally and have them explain the extra $600+ bill to you.
You may need to acquire the anesthesiologist's epidural session report from the hospital n take with you (this attracts a $5 charge) so that you may avail yourself update info as to whether there was any complication or side show during the delivery.

Just saying though. .

Best regards

gaggle:
pls anyone that used houston methodist Sugarland apart from the $1500 epidural fee did you still get $600+ bill from anesthesiologist o. Pls, help b4 someone comes down with a heart attack. Hmmmm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by veleta: 7:43am On Oct 14, 2015
Gd am ,wonderful Nairaland family, our family visa was granted yday at Lagos embassy for me, hubby and our 16 month old daughter on our first attempt,our transcript goes thus:
Vo: gd am, why do u want to go to US?
Hubby: my job is hectic and i want to make it up to my family by taking them to vacation.
Vo: what do you do?
Hubby: Doctor
Vo: oh! u guys r very busy
Vo: where do u guys want to go?
hubby: Richmond, Texas
Vo: do u have anybody there?
Me: yea, my cousin
Vo: what does she do?
Me: told her
Vo: where does she work?
Vo: how long has she been in the States?
To my hubby
Vo: how long do we intend to stay
Hubby: 2weeks
Vo: how much do you earn
Hubby: mentions
Vo: have you travelled out of the country before?
Hubby: yea, France and Ghana before i met my wife
To me
Vo: what do u do
Me: am a stay at home Mum
Vo: ur visa has been approved

In between,
my best friend's visa was also approved after the 5th attempt for child delivery.They have very good travel history as a family yet they kept denying them until this last one.
They were asked normal question of why, what and where you want to go, her husbands income(he is a biz guy), monthly profit.His wife too is a stay at home Mum as they asked her, then hospital and dr's correspondence as well as total cost for the trip.She used Dr F's correspondence.
You guys are so wonderful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 14, 2015
Congratulations ozycy!! Welcome to the world baby! kiss

Modath, I sight you. wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 8:29am On Oct 14, 2015
afrobrown2000:
Wow...got my PTA for my wife and i...easy and friendly service at fidelity bank for 199.45 ...next is my trip made a mistake to have chicago as my POE...abeg any expert advice on that's cos for now no turning back....Am in God's hands ooo...any advice pls...leaving 2mao morning...

Being trying to reach you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bmanbaba: 8:38am On Oct 14, 2015
dere5:

No worries at all,poe has nothing on you since you guys have used the visa for what it was originally issued for. To be on the safe side you can do a change of intent mail to the embassy, then start the real preparation .i.e hospital search,correspondence etc. And most importantly read this thread in detail so that you will be fully equiped for poe and the whole experience.

@Dere5. Thank you for ur response. I av contacted doctoespirati(thanks to d house) and also another hospital in New york (from a Frnd) might b going for the one in new York which seems cheaper and also bcus I av relative to stay with before and after delivery till we will come back home.
I av read pple make comments abt(1) Burden of proof. (Kindly explain what it is and how to get it(2) Budget sheet . please do I equally need these or are they necessary for pple just going for interview and finally, pls how do I go abt d change of intent mail to the embassy: whats d email address, what's the content going to look like and if possible can anybody help send a copy to my email. I beg the whole house to please help with these. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by gaggle: 8:43am On Oct 14, 2015
@ olokings thanks for the response. there was no extra thing done o and I paid the 1500 long before delivery. I am shocked to be getting this extra bill o. I am on the verge of regretting this methodist waka,their billing wahala is too much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 9:06am On Oct 14, 2015
gaggle:
@ olokings thanks for the response. there was no extra thing done o and I paid the 1500 long before delivery. I am shocked to be getting this extra bill o. I am on the verge of regretting this methodist waka,their billing wahala is too much.

I feel your pain...I also used same hospital and paid US$1,500 way ahead of delivery, with no extra bill

@ologkings, just to clarify, is the name of the anesthesia coy "Greater Houston Anesthesiology"?

So we have been dulling with the US$1,500 that we have all been paying? This is good amunition for 2nd missionary journey
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 9:28am On Oct 14, 2015
No ma'am.
I think the different anesthesiologist affiliated with the hospital work with different offices.
Mine worked with pinnacle pain mgt center.

I tried getting the doc to mk payment upfront for the epidural session buh d dude seemed impossible to catch.
Like I said, I cudda even scored a better deal of less than $800.00 if I had battled them well because I know I'm very poor with the fort n back negotiation talks. .my own is just tell me ur barest minimum n we deal.

@gagz I don't think the hospital ppl are quite hectic with their billings. ...u just gotta follow them up physical n not on phone.
I got ALL. my zero balances less than a week after delivery. Plus prior to applying for your zero balance you can actually track ur HOSPITAL billings online real time (printed that too as a back up against zero balance because immediately they start processing ur zero balance they close ur patient account Pronto).

BC was ready 2 days after boring n picked up 5 days after birth.
Passport et al were processed in just less than a week after birth.

Once again follow them up physically n gud luck in ur endeavors.

anonymousmum:

I feel your pain...I also used same hospital and paid US$1,500 way ahead of delivery, with no extra bill

@ologkings, just to clarify, is the name of the anesthesia coy "Greater Houston Anesthesiology"?

So we have been dulling with the US$1,500 that we have all been paying? This is good amunition for 2nd missionary journey
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mamacajah: 9:32am On Oct 14, 2015
bmanbaba:

@Dere5. Thank you for ur response. I av contacted doctoespirati(thanks to d house) and also another hospital in New york (from a Frnd) might b going for the one in new York which seems cheaper and also bcus I av relative to stay with before and after delivery till we will come back home.
I av read pple make comments abt(1) Burden of proof. (Kindly explain what it is and how to get it(2) Budget sheet . please do I equally need these or are they necessary for pple just going for interview and finally, pls how do I go abt d change of intent mail to the embassy: whats d email address, what's the content going to look like and if possible can anybody help send a copy to my email. I beg the whole house to please help with these. Thank you

@bmanbaba, first of all, like dere5 said, please take time to read through the thread (parts 1 &2). If that's too much, part 2 has this information in abundant supply all over the thread grin.

The only grey area I am worried about is when the POE asked if you planned to give birth and you said no. I know that was for the trip you just concluded but in case it comes up in the next trip, please let the officer know that at the time, you had no plans to give birth, you came for vacation and left as stated. You only made the decision to give birth after your last trip to the US.

For this trip, you don't require a burden of proof(its only needed at visa application). Budget sheet as well is not required but you need it to help you plan your cost and make proper decision. other gurus can also help out here. for copy of intent letter, check the last 50 pages of part 2.. even the last 20 pages, someone asked on this and gave a sample. You can as well click on my name and check my previous posts.. I gave samples as well as the email address. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 9:49am On Oct 14, 2015
I see no admission of preggie from your transcript o,
Is it vacation you are going for or childbirth. No vex that I am asking

veleta:
Gd am ,wonderful Nairaland family, our family visa was granted yday at Lagos embassy for me, hubby and our 16 month old daughter on our first attempt,our transcript goes thus:
Vo: gd am, why do u want to go to US?
Hubby: my job is hectic and i want to make it up to my family by taking them to vacation.
Vo: what do you do?
Hubby: Doctor
Vo: oh! u guys r very busy
Vo: where do u guys want to go?
hubby: Richmond, Texas
Vo: do u have anybody there?
Me: yea, my cousin
Vo: what does she do?
Vo: where does she work?
Vo: how long has she been in the States?
To my hubby
Vo: how long do we intend to stay
Hubby: 2weeks
Vo: how much do you earn
Hubby: mentions
Vo: have you travelled out of the country before?
Hubby: yea, France and Ghana before i met my wife
To me
Vo: what do u do
Me: am a stay at home Mum
Vo: ur visa has been approved

In between,
my best friend's visa was also approved after the 5th attempt for child delivery.They have very good travel history as a family yet they kept denying them until this last one.
They were asked normal question of why, what and where you want to go, her husbands income(he is a biz guy), monthly profit.His wife too is a stay at home Mum as they asked her, then hospital and dr's correspondence as well as total cost for the trip.She used Dr F's correspondence.
You guys are so wonderful.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 9:55am On Oct 14, 2015
nefertitiram:

Too much money! $100 a month. Haven't you heard about ultramobile?

No I haven't. Please tell me more about it

Ok... i just Googled it.

Very affordable compared to the Tmobile option

Can you use it with the international calling carda like boss revolution?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsoje(f): 10:00am On Oct 14, 2015
Safe trip, you will favoured.

afrobrown2000:
Wow...got my PTA for my wife and i...easy and friendly service at fidelity bank for 199.45 ...next is my trip made a mistake to have chicago as my POE...abeg any expert advice on that's cos for now no turning back....Am in God's hands ooo...any advice pls...leaving 2mao morning...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 10:27am On Oct 14, 2015
olokings:
No ma'am.
I think the different anesthesiologist affiliated with the hospital work with different offices.
Mine worked with pinnacle pain mgt center.

I tried getting the doc to mk payment upfront for the epidural session buh d dude seemed impossible to catch.
Like I said, I cudda even scored a better deal of less than $800.00 if I had battled them well because I know I'm very poor with the fort n back negotiation talks. .my own is just tell me ur barest minimum n we deal.

Okay then thanks a bunch...

I made my own payment to the hospital (along with the hospital fee) so did not get a chance to negotiate directly with the anaesthesia people. Anyways next time I will be more aggressive...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 10:27am On Oct 14, 2015
omogedudu99:

No I haven't. Please tell me more about it

Ok... i just Googled it.

Very affordable compared to the Tmobile option

Can you use it with the international calling carda like boss revolution?

Yes, & it also has option of buying international mins on the network's platform, which is both affordable & very convenient cos you would be able to dial naija directly without needing to dial any OPERATOR CODE...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 10:29am On Oct 14, 2015
Phema:
Congratulations ozycy!! Welcome to the world baby! kiss

Modath, I sight you. wink

Mama Phema, two hands up for you, tuale.... wink

@ozycy,

Congratulations sis, God be with you both..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.