Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:17 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (844728 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DunnyGee: 9:43am On Oct 31, 2015
Consularabuja@state.gov. I got my visa from Abuja.

jumman:

Which e mail address did you send your zero balance receipt to?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:00am On Oct 31, 2015
favoredgal:

You must submit evidence of ur last visa

Good question o!
Me sef I wanted to know
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mamatukwas: 10:17am On Oct 31, 2015
Just to be clear, I never said Dr Soyoola increased his prices. I did not use him so cannot say. I said the hospital increased their bill and can be problematic with billing. It used to be btw 4-6k for VD with 40% off (I gave birth Oct 2014) by Dec of the same year people were getting quotes of 8-10k for VD. I also had to go through a lot (with the help of some mums here) to tackle some unfair charges I was given. Still ended up paying far more than the quote for VD. Anyway, it's my personal experience. I'm sure many people had a different experience so any1 who is considering them should decide for themselves. Also, just to be clear again, level of care in Gwinnett is superb! No complaints there! Cheers!

quote author=yokus post=39519220]I agree, i was surprised to see sm1 say it increased cos Dr. Soyoola emailed me and the price looks the same, except for the addition of scan.

I used Gwinnett and Dr soyoola last year. A friend used them this year June and d bill was almost the same. I don't think it's expensive
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 31, 2015
Mamatukwas:
Just to be clear, I never said Dr Soyoola increased his prices. I did not use him so cannot say. I said the hospital increased their bill and can be problematic with billing. It used to be btw 4-6k for VD with 40% off (I gave birth Oct 2014) by Dec of the same year people were getting quotes of 8-10k for VD. I also had to go through a lot (with the help of some mums here) to tackle some unfair charges I was given. Still ended up paying far more than the quote for VD. Anyway, it's my personal experience. I'm sure many people had a different experience so any1 who is considering them should decide for themselves. Also, just to be clear again, level of care in Gwinnett is superb! No complaints there! Cheers!
true talk,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tani15: 11:29am On Oct 31, 2015
Hello Everyone in the spirit of giving back like we usually start with here is my story from getting my visa down to Poe. I got my visa halfway before o heard of nairaland

Went for visa may 19th me and DH and this is what happpened

Us:Goodmorning
Vo:Collected our documents and asked how we are related told her husband and wife then she faces hubby how long
DH:1yr 3month
VO: where re we travelling to
DH:Chicago
Vo:where do u work how much do u earn and what's ur role
DH: xxxxx coy earn XYZ amount and do this
Vo: madam where do u work how much do you earn and what's ur role
Me: xxxxx coy earn XYZ amount and do this
Vo:madam are you expecting
DH: yes we are
Vo: would you like to have your baby in the state
Do:maybe or maybe not
(Though I had started talking to a dr but I only had dr's correspondence no breakdown of cost and note my statement of account had only 20k and hubby had only 400k)
Me: I told her I was talking to a doc already and I passed her the correspondence
Vo: do I knw aw much it would cost
Me: I told her minimum $10,000
Vo: madam u re not so sure of the price u don't knw if its VD or Cs anyways take this white paper and show evidence that you have paid hospital bill and medical bill then come back and get your visa. Am going to save you with this because of your Poe.
Me and Dh : ok thank you.

And we left hubby travelled and came back June 21
Fast forward to June 22nd I have learnt abt nairaland then did my budget sheet paid my fees and was ready for them

Anoda vo attended to us.

Vo: collected our documents and scanned then asked us where the evidence of payment and breakdown of cost
DH: passed it to her
Vo: then she kept typing and the next thing she said was ur visa has been approved pick up at this location.

I was amazed and just said thank you.

My leaving Naija and Poe story coming soon this is too long

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 11:42am On Oct 31, 2015
For those wondering about bassinets, Delta has only 2 bassinets available on most of their flights and you must be seated in 17A,B,F or G to request for one. These are economy comfort seats which you must pay extra for, so it's not automatic.

If you request for a bassinet on the phone, they'll ask you to wait till you're at the airport to ask cos it's first come first serve. That's what I had to do when I flew with my baby.

I'm guessing the travel bed can work for people seating in the front row seats cos they can put it on the floor in front of them. If there's a seat in front of you, not sure it'll work cos there isn't enough leg room.

As soon as you buy your Delta ticket, Just go online and change your seat and pay for economy comfort is you want the bassinet seats (they go really fast cos they have the most leg room). Hope this helps someone.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olagirl(f): 11:43am On Oct 31, 2015
mimibe:
true talk,

Thanks for your feedback.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 11:45am On Oct 31, 2015
yokus:
So sorry for ur loss Neks. Olagirl im having issues responding to your pm.
Pls reiterating Neks question, whays the weather in Houston like?
Pls Ocy i can like to return in 2weeks to o, as opposd to 28days i did last time. Pls i am stil confused bout this ETC thing. N can u buy a one way ticket for a baby with ETC, cos i remember they ask for a return ticket for baby if they dont sight the Nig pp.
I and everyone I know bought a one way ticket without passport. Which airline asked u to buy a return ticket?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by toparie: 11:59am On Oct 31, 2015
Hi Olokings, could you send the ETC info to me as well please... toparie@gmail.com
Thanks

olokings:
Done did it. ...

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ye2ndearisto: 12:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
@BBiz can you please teach me in respect of the accomodation you have in Houston
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
I just got an info about a Nairlander's bad experience with a fellow pregnant Nairlander in the US. As I type this, she is currently stranded with a day old baby
Let's try to be very careful, truthful and apply wisdom in our dealings since some of us have refused to change.

Be careful with people asking you to pm them for an accommodation they have or want to share. Not everyone is truly genuine or truthful. Some just want to take advantage of others . There are genuine, tested and trusted accommodation, pls make use of them to avoid stories that touch.

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by francmoda: 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
francmoda:
Please help...I mailed my Son's application for visa to the Atlanta consulate yesterday. I included a returned UPS envelope with tracking number. Will this be accepted or do I have to send USPS envelope
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by francmoda: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
[quote author=francmoda post=39547285][/quote]
Please someone should help with this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
favoredgal:

I and everyone I know bought a one way ticket without passport. Which airline asked u to buy a return ticket?
I was asking like i said im confused about the ETC.

@mamatukwas- i understand, one thing i have learnt so far is that we all have varying experience in similar circumstances. May God direct us all

@Shelly, Note- i have gotten a bassinnet aboard delta without paying for economy comfort. They said its a first come, first serve basis. They changed my seat at the counter. But maybe buying off the seats like u said, can make it sure
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nogen:
I just got an info about a Nairlander's bad experience with a fellow pregnant Nairlander in the US. As I type this, she is currently stranded with a day old baby
Let's try to be very careful, truthful and apply wisdom in our dealings since some of us have refused to change.

Be careful with people asking you to pm them for an accommodation they have or want to share. Not everyone is truly genuine or truthful. Some just want to take advantage of others . There are genuine, tested and trusted accommodation, pls make use of them to avoid stories that touch.
Do you mind explaining more maybe somebody will help her with accommodation considering the baby?

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
justwise:

Do you mind explaining more maybe somebody will help her with accommodation considering the baby?

Let me get her to come narrate her experience so others will learn too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nogen:

Ok.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nogen:

Will they hear? ' I havE accomodation, let's share' . ' My wife is looking for a companion, PM me let's share'
I wonder why somebody will travel several thousand miles to go and 'bunk' with a stranger whereas there are affordable tested and trusted places
Really @JW u should be rapturing those posts!

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
Done did it. ..

toparie:
Hi Olokings, could you send the ETC info to me as well please... toparie@gmail.com
Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 2:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
Hi,
For etc here's the thing:
Call the agent get her email address
Pay $270
Scan and Email your passport page, hubby's passport page, baby's passport PHOTO (not us passport), birth certificate and your ticket back to nigeria (one way o, return o, multiple o! Sha show you are going to nigeria).

You will receive the ETC in the mail, make a photocopy. It will admit ur baby in nigeria.

yokus:

I was asking like i said im confused about the ETC.

@mamatukwas- i understand, one thing i have learnt so far is that we all have varying experience in similar circumstances. May God direct us all

@Shelly, Note- i have gotten a bassinnet aboard delta without paying for economy comfort. They said its a first come, first serve basis. They changed my seat at the counter. But maybe buying off the seats like u said, can make it sure

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2015
Truly this accommodation thingy. ....
I'm totally not comfy with all these. ..pm me let's share et al. ....
When c'mon students fight heaven n hell in d hostel talk less of two hormone pumping mommas. ...
Best be prepared and have bank balance for any unforeseen circumstances. ...

Can imagine being stranded in no man's land, it's not a small something

Nogen:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 2:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
Seconded. ...it's high time we need been fed d bitter pill for a greater good. ..

LadyGuinivere:

Will they hear? ' I havE accomodation, let's share' . ' My wife is looking for a companion, PM me let's share'
I wonder why somebody will travel several thousand miles to go and 'bunk' with a stranger whereas there are affordable tested and trusted places
Really @JW u should be rapturing those posts!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by OMary83: 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nogen:

my dear,she doesn't even know where to start from coupled with d fact her baby is in nicu but will definitely share her experiences when she is settled so others can learn too.someone is trying to help out with accommodation and we hope it pulls thru.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
olokings:
Seconded. ...it's high time we need been fed d bitter pill for a greater good. ..

Bros, money no de o! Accomodation is too expensive in yankee. If they can be two matured adults, it should work.
But then, you can only speak for yourself. You never can tell if the next person is a psycho.

And who leaves a woman with a day old baby stranded?
It is sheer wickedness and hell is real.

I hope the NL mamas involved are reading this.
No matter what! Even if d mum is a pain in the ass, it is not forever! It's only for a short moment. Please have a rethink because of the child. You too are having your own baby. God is a God of justice, the child's innocence will speak against you, if not now, in the future.

We should all remember God o, if you don't want to help don't help. Instead of making someone with a day old baby stranded. It's making me sad thinking of it sef

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FinanceFitness: 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
What! That's a record... Wow Ozycy - thought you planned 4 weeks after.... Or baby didn't come on time?

ozycy:

grin. You just had your baby on 23rd. Anyway I believe you can get all documents asap but allow baby to be up to 2weeks if not more. I travelled at 2weeks and 2days. I had to run. No place like home
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
OMary83:
my dear,she doesn't even know where to start from coupled with d fact her baby is in nicu but will definitely share her experiences when she is settled so others can learn too.someone is trying to help out with accommodation and we hope it pulls thru.

Ok. Thank God she's getting help. When she's settled , she needs to come share her experience abeg.
@ Justwise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nogen:

Ok. Thank God she's getting help. When she's settled , she needs to come share her experience abeg.
@ Justwise

Ok.

Her safefy and that of the baby is the most important thing.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mandydaisy: 4:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
Hello all,
I'v been following this thread so religiously because I know pretty soon by His grace I'll be using the info iv gathered here. Thanks to you all for sharing your knowledge and experiences, very informative n interesting read!

Please my SIL is due in February but her visa expires on the 24th of February... She used it for vacation this year and we planned doing the change of intent mail but for this visa expiry date issue. It's almost impossible to give birth first week of February and rush back with a baby less than 2 weeks old even if she uses ETC and gets speed of light zero balance. Please people what do you advice?

Thanks oooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
If she travels in Dec, she gets stamped in for 6mths till June.

Visa only takes you to the airport. CBP determines ur stay so in this case, her visa does not pose any problem.

Mandydaisy:
Hello all,
I'v been following this thread so religiously because I know pretty soon by His grace I'll be using the info iv gathered here. Thanks to you all for sharing your knowledge and experiences, very informative n interesting read!

Please my SIL is due in February but her visa expires on the 24th of February... She used it for vacation this year and we planned doing the change of intent mail but for this visa expiry date issue. It's almost impossible to give birth first week of February and rush back with a baby less than 2 weeks old even if she uses ETC and gets speed of light zero balance. Please people what do you advice?

Thanks oooo

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
Thanks Nerf
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by francmoda: 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
Please help...I mailed my Son's application for visa to the Atlanta consulate yesterday. I included a returned UPS envelope with tracking number. Will this be accepted or do I have to send USPS envelope..please I need a reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
As long as she arrives in the US before the visa expires, she'll be ok. She'll be stamped in for 6months and that trumps whatever's on her visa.

Mandydaisy:
Hello all,

Thanks oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.