Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1521592 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 9:42am On Jul 25, 2016
Sarki140:

I receive allowances from my parents.Most of the money deposited in the account is below 100 USD and I have been saving purposely for the trip for the past 8 months.I also sometimes receive money from family members .Hope to hear from you.Thanks

Try south Africa first, when you go nd come back then apply for UK... ur not rip for UK yet or u look for sponsor.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 9:51am On Jul 25, 2016
TatPat:

Okay thanks, I'll do just that.

No rush my bro, it has worked for so many people on here, I prefer salary accounts for uk visas, just make sure it's not cash deposit, it must be a transfer from ur Company's account. You can give a standing order to your banker that a certain amount must be transferred from ur company account to ur personal account every month inform of Salary. It's easier.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sarki140: 11:07am On Jul 25, 2016
askari01:

Try south Africa first, when you go nd come back then apply for UK... ur not rip for UK yet or u look for sponsor.

I have started with the application and paid the visa fees.Please you gotta help me,thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sure4real: 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
Please,which portal will be more appropriate ? is it the old or new portal ?
Also,Does Pension statement require/form the part of the documents required?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2016
Please how can I book a flight without payment.

I have actually booked, but they said it will be cancelled after 24 hours if I don't pay.

I'm applying for Turkey Visa and a requirement is flight reservation.

I can't just pay for the flight when my visa is not certain and its non-refundable

Please advice and sorry for posting here.

The Turkish Visa thread is dead.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vicjustice: 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
TatPat:
Good morning, My question goes to justwise,vicjustice,worry359,Askari01 and ALL the gurus in the house... I just transferred 3million naira from my company acct to my savings acct for the trip I'm planning to the uk with my wife, I'm about to book for an appointment tomorrow, please how do I explain to the Eco that this isn't money lodgement and what evidence can I show? Thanks for your responses.

You asked how you can explain to ECO that it is not money lodgment, but as a matter of fact that action alone is the exact definition of money lodgment.
Well, if the three million Naira that you transfeed does not make the majority of the fund in your bank statements, then it should be fine. But if it makes a significant part of the amount in your account, then I will advise that you cancel your intention until after 6 months when you must have built up transactions upon the N3000000 so you can produce the statement that will not show the origin of the three million naira

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
Justwise, please I want to know whether there is usually interview for UK student visa after submission of documents or just submission required and no need for interview. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2016
soulhighman:
Justwise, please I want to know whether there is usually interview for UK student visa after submission of documents or just submission required and no need for interview. Thanks.

Are u scared of being interviewed?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
askari01:

Are u scared of being interviewed?
On the contrary. Cos i shouldn't have any problem with sponsor issues. But I want to know the process and how fast it takes them to grant it.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sarki140:

I have started with the application and paid the visa fees.Please you gotta help me,thanks

Well, I don't really know what I can do to help you cos I don't know how often u run ur account, what business you hve been doing that you would save all your allowee without touching it, You must have a business by the side that takes care of your feeding and minor expenses that I don know of.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
TatPat:
Good morning, My question goes to justwise,vicjustice,worry359,Askari01 and ALL the gurus in the house... I just transferred 3million naira from my company acct to my savings acct for the trip I'm planning to the uk with my wife, I'm about to book for an appointment tomorrow, please how do I explain to the Eco that this isn't money lodgement and what evidence can I show? Thanks for your responses.

1. State it exactly how you did here.

2. Present both accounts

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2016
soulhighman:

They usually do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
justwise:

They usually do.
That's not something to worry about. It's like Skype video interview @the submission centre.
How did you find the school
Who is paying your fee
Why did you choose the course
What's your plan after the course
Etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
fakmurphy:

That's not something to worry about. It's like Skype video interview @the submission centre.
How did you find the school
Who is paying your fee
Why did you choose the course
What's your plan after the course
Etc
Very helpful, thanks
How many days does it takes to get the Visa stamp after paying and submitting documents?
And can the interview be done one week after making payment?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 7:18am On Jul 26, 2016
justwise:

They usually do.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 7:52am On Jul 26, 2016
Good morning everybody. Please I want to know if salary arrears amount to cash lodgement ? I earn 150k monthly working with a state govt where I am being owed 6mths. I intend not to touch the money once they pay and use it for uk visit visa application. Pls is it appropriate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 8:58am On Jul 26, 2016
Morning guys,thanks for keeping this thread alive,and responding to all of us that need guidance as regards visa applications..thanks a lot...I appreciate you guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 9:02am On Jul 26, 2016
Vicjustice:

You asked how you can explain to ECO that it is not money lodgment, but as a matter of fact that action alone is the exact definition of money lodgment.
Well, if the three million Naira that you transfeed does not make the majority of the fund in your bank statements, then it should be fine. But if it makes a significant part of the amount in your account, then I will advise that you cancel your intention until after 6 months when you must have built up transactions upon the N3000000 so you can produce the statement that will not show the origin of the three million naira

I was thinking of submitting a one year statement so they can see the last annual salary, the money that has entered my account within this one year is about 16.5million naira, in my account history I have had huge sum of money like 5mill,2mill, 6mill and so on enter my account, so this 3mill isn't the first huge amount entering my account, I just felt they will look at the history of my account before determining if it's money lodgement or not, my account has a very good financial standing, the history is very good, so right now I'm just confused cos I don't know if they will still term it as money lodgement after seeing how good the history of my account has been for the past one year, even the 6months history is very good too but I thought of submitting one year so they can see my last annual salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vicjustice: 9:04am On Jul 26, 2016
justwise:

2. Present both accounts
Yes, presenting both acounts would help if the chief account shows the source of the money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vicjustice: 9:14am On Jul 26, 2016
TatPat:

I was thinking of submitting a one year statement so they can see the last annual salary, the money that has entered my account within this one year is about 16.5million naira, in my account history I have had huge sum of money like 5mill,2mill, 6mill and so on enter my account, so this 3mill isn't the first huge amount entering my account, I just felt they will look at the history of my account before determining if it's money lodgement or not, my account has a very good financial standing, the history is very good, so right now I'm just confused cos I don't know if they will still term it as money lodgement after seeing how good the history of my account has been for the past one year, even the 6months history is very good too but I thought of submitting one year so they can see my last annual salary.
It is not a bad idea if you decided to make a point by tendering a 12 months bank statement, that is allowed: ensure that you are able to justify the multiple lodgement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 9:23am On Jul 26, 2016
Please my wonderful peeps, this is just a quick one,my last visa application, I applied that we wld be staying for 9days so as to make our budget reasonable..but we ended up staying for 3weeks. Though my visa is still valid, dh visa has expired,

1. would the number of days we stayed have any effect. Because am the one sponsoring, he is applying again but we intend travelling together

2.Since am not submitting with him,how wld the budget look like.

This is the breakdown

How much do you spend each month on living costs?

How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? 0

The total amount of money you have for this trip

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets

The cost of your accommodation- 0 becos my own reservation is for 2 persons but am not applying

The cost of your living expenses - 150

Who is paying for this trip- My Wife

How much will they be paying towards your trip? - 750

Please may inputs so that I won't go wrong

Cc:Vicjustice,justwise Askari,frontpagelawyer..pls all the gurus make inputs

God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 9:28am On Jul 26, 2016
Vicjustice:

It is not a bad idea if you decided to make a point by tendering a 12 months bank statement, that is allowed: ensure that you are able to justify the multiple lodgement.

I have the proof of where the other money came from, I've printed my company statement of account for the months in the past where I transferred huge sums into my personal account And any other huge sum, all the evidence and everything is ready, my only issue is this 3million I just transferred,I don't know what they take into consideration before calling it money lodgement... Is it the time between when I transferred the money and when I apply or is it the history of the statement of account? I also have the company statement of account that shows that the money came from my company account into my personal and this money is my company complimentary vacation money to me or travel allowance, whichever is best to describe it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 9:59am On Jul 26, 2016
TatPat:

I have the proof of where the other money came from, I've printed my company statement of account for the months in the past where I transferred huge sums into my personal account And any other huge sum, all the evidence and everything is ready, my only issue is this 3million I just transferred,I don't know what they take into consideration before calling it money lodgement... Is it the time between when I transferred the money and when I apply or is it the history of the statement of account? I also have the company statement of account that shows that the money came from my company account into my personal and this money is my company complimentary vacation money to me or travel allowance, whichever is best to describe it.

If u must submit your company's account, I think you would need a tax certificate and a solid source of those millions millions, invoices, receipts,contract approval etc, after that, Your personal statement of account with tax certificate would be needed as well, you will also explain why u transferred 3million naira into ur account just few weeks to when you wanna apply for visa... sorry for asking you this question, Are you going for graduation, naming, Marriage or conference that must must travel now Is 6months too far for you? Well, give it a try and lets see how it goes. Experience is the best teacher.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 10:13am On Jul 26, 2016
askari01:

If u must submit your company's account, I think you would need a tax certificate and a solid source of those millions millions, invoices, receipts,contract approval etc, after that, Your personal statement of account with tax certificate would be needed as well, you will also explain why u transferred 3million naira into ur account just few weeks to when you wanna apply for visa... sorry for asking you this question, Are you going for graduation, naming, Marriage or conference that must must travel now Is 6months too far for you? Well, give it a try and lets see how it goes. Experience is the best teacher.

First of all, my company has been in operation for 33years, it's not just a company I opened yesterday, I have tcc, receipts,invoices and all that, I have proof of where the money came from and all that... So here is my story and why I'll be travelling... I've been married to my wife for over a year, she is a British citizen, she has a daughter and her daughter stays with her ex husband in England because her ex was comfortable with her bringing her daughter to Nigeria when she relocated back to naija, my wife hasn't seen her daughter in months due to work, now she is on leave and would be going to spend two weeks with her in England, now where I come in is that my wife wants me to come with her for these two weeks to meet her daughter for the first time and for us to spend two weeks summer holiday together as a family, her daughter is 12years old and my wife was married to her ex for 12years or so...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 12:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
justwise:

2. Present both accounts

Thanks Justwise, I appreciate the way you have been replying all my questions since all these days, God Bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ChinenyeOsi: 12:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
Good day everyone. Please i have a very urgent question about this UK spouse visa.

I applied a week ago from V.I, Lagos. My documents were alright but there are two problems.

1. I didn't do the TB test or include the certificate
2. My proof of English is my bsc and I haven't collected the certificate as I didn't school in Nigeria. I submitted school fees receipts showing I paid for all 4 years though and letter showing I was not indebted to the school financially.

I called UK visa customer care and they sent an email to Sheffield on my behalf and said Sheffield will write me back with instructions as to whether I can still submit any document or not as my application is already ongoing and I have received an email saying that they've started consideration.
However, a family friend advised that I just send the TB certificate to them before they ask..

Please help me guys.. I'm confused about this and also what are the chances of being granted the visa in this situation. My husband and I do not want to lose that money and we've been away from each other since our wedding in March..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by frankloloko: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
Good day everyone . Please help me out last two years I applied for a Visa and the agent told me the only way I can get a visa is to disvirgin my passport . As a novice I agreed ' and he got me a Dubai visa entry and exit . I went to wakanow office and told them the whole truth . They said if I didn't go to Dubal meaning it's fake that I should be careful not to get caught . Should I still use it to apply and see if the Vo will dictate it or better get another one ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vicjustice: 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
yolemum:
Please my wonderful peeps, this is just a quick one,my last visa application, I applied that we wld be staying for 9days so as to make our budget reasonable..but we ended up staying for 3weeks. Though my visa is still valid, dh visa has expired,

1. would the number of days we stayed have any effect. Because am the one sponsoring, he is applying again but we intend travelling together

2.Since am not submitting with him,how wld the budget look like.

This is the breakdown

How much do you spend each month on living costs?

How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? 0

The total amount of money you have for this trip

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets

The cost of your accommodation- 0 becos my own reservation is for 2 persons but am not applying

The cost of your living expenses - 150

Who is paying for this trip- My Wife

How much will they be paying towards your trip? - 750

Please may inputs so that I won't go wrong

Cc:Vicjustice,justwise Askari,frontpagelawyer..pls all the gurus make inputs

God bless you.

Change of circumstances can make a person stay longer or shorter than the number of days that is specified in the application form, so there won't be any issue provided you did not stay beyond the duration of stay.
It is more than likely that you will not be asked about it, but in the case that you are asked, be prepared to have an answer for it. Give a simple answer like "we eventually stayed longer than expected because we barely had enough time to satisfy our interests".You could be asked to explain what you were doing in the country. These are unlikely scenarios, but it is good to be handy with prepared answers.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vicjustice: 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2016
frankloloko:
Good day everyone . Please help me out last two years I applied for a Visa and the agent told me the only way I can get a visa is to disvirgin my passport . As a novice I agreed ' and he got me a Dubai visa entry and exit . I went to wakanow office and told them the whole truth . They said if I didn't go to Dubal meaning it's fake that I should be careful not to get caught . Should I still use it to apply and see if the Vo will dictate it or better get another one ?
Declare that passport damaged and apply for a new passport before you get banned. Report the syndicate to get arrested, and that will be one less crook off the life-ruining business

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by frankloloko: 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
Vicjustice . Sir where can I declare ? At immigration office ? What if they ask me for the passport number ? What should I tell them sir ? Thanks and God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
frankloloko:
Vicjustice . Sir where can I declare ? At immigration office ? What if they ask me for the passport number ? What should I tell them sir ? Thanks and God bless you

If the PP has fake stamps!
Destroy the PP, record the number then burn it.

Then apply and pay for replacement stating that original has been lost or destroyed.
This will cost money, that is the lesson you learn from using an agent!

If you use the PP with fake stamps you face a very long ban, your choice.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vicjustice: 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
worry359:

If the PP has fake stamps!
Destroy the PP, record the number then burn it.

Then apply and pay for replacement stating that original has been lost or destroyed.
This will cost money, that is the lesson you learn from using an agent!

If you use the PP with fake stamps you face a very long ban, your choice.
To add to the above, even if you don't have the passport number, you can still get a replacement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.