Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1520115 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
The interview would be done same day you submit you application at the centre.
Tier 4 applicants would be called into a conference room one after the other, there would be an officer waiting on the video chat (Not in person)[code][/code] via something like skye, you be asked to put on the headphone and type your CAS number to the chat, you will then be asked few questions.I think the normal processing time is 1-2 weeks, you should be contacted by email.

Whatamidoinghere:

Very helpful, thanks
How many days does it takes to get the Visa stamp after paying and submitting documents?
And can the interview be done one week after making payment?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by elope: 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
fakmurphy:
Tier 4 applicants would be called into a conference room one after the other, there would be an officer waiting on the video chat (Not in person)[code][/code] via something like skye, you be asked to put on the headphone and type your CAS number to the chat, you will then be asked few questions.I think the normal processing time is 1-2 weeks, you should be contacted by email.

where will depebdants applying be?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
Only the student would be interviewed,dependants will only give their biometrics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2016
Only the student would be interviewed,dependants will only give their biometrics

elope:

where will depebdants applying be?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by elope: 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2016
fakmurphy:
Only the student would be interviewed,dependants will only give their biometrics

thats super cool then. i just need to be hopeful... the rate will come down hopefully
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ITSURS: 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
Dear All, my brother is planning to attend a week training in UK. For the online application, please advise me on the appropriate VISA TYPE to choose from. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
fakmurphy:

OH, thanks a lot man.
So, how much are we talking about for the Tier 4 student visa All payments..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
youseuph:
Good morning everybody. Please I want to know if salary arrears amount to cash lodgement ? I earn 150k monthly working with a state govt where I am being owed 6mths. I intend not to touch the money once they pay and use it for uk visit visa application. Pls is it appropriate?

Someone should pls help answer this question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
ChinenyeOsi:
Good day everyone. Please i have a very urgent question about this UK spouse visa.

I applied a week ago from V.I, Lagos. My documents were alright but there are two problems.

1. I didn't do the TB test or include the certificate
2. My proof of English is my bsc and I haven't collected the certificate as I didn't school in Nigeria. I submitted school fees receipts showing I paid for all 4 years though and letter showing I was not indebted to the school financially.

I called UK visa customer care and they sent an email to Sheffield on my behalf and said Sheffield will write me back with instructions as to whether I can still submit any document or not as my application is already ongoing and I have received an email saying that they've started consideration.
However, a family friend advised that I just send the TB certificate to them before they ask..

Please help me guys.. I'm confused about this and also what are the chances of being granted the visa in this situation. My husband and I do not want to lose that money and we've been away from each other since our wedding in March..

This is the right thread for your question https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2/191#823869.6130
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
youseuph:

Someone should pls help answer this question.

All you have to do is to explain this in your application form.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 11:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
This a budget for 14 days,is it ok
yolemum:
Please my wonderful peeps, this is just a quick one,my last visa application, I applied that we wld be staying for 9days so as to make our budget reasonable..but we ended up staying for 3weeks. Though my visa is still valid, dh visa has expired,

1. would the number of days we stayed have any effect. Because am the one sponsoring, he is applying again but we intend travelling together

2.Since am not submitting with him,how wld the budget look like.

This is the breakdown

How much do you spend each month on living costs?

How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? 0

The total amount of money you have for this trip

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets

The cost of your accommodation- 0 becos my own reservation is for 2 persons but am not applying

The cost of your living expenses - 150

Who is paying for this trip- My Wife

How much will they be paying towards your trip? - 750

Please may inputs so that I won't go wrong

Cc:Vicjustice,justwise Askari,frontpagelawyer..pls all the gurus make inputs

God bless you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 4:28am On Jul 27, 2016
justwise:

All you have to do is to explain this in your application form.

Many thanks Justwise for always been of help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 7:42am On Jul 27, 2016
Justwise, sorry to bother you again. I have started my visa application and I'm confused about what is meant by 'place of issue' and 'issuing authority'. It says as it is written in the passport, but on my passport ( which I did in Jos), there is no place written as place of issue whereas Jos itself is under the column for authority.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ITSURS: 9:40am On Jul 27, 2016
ITSURS:
Dear All, my brother is planning to attend a week training in UK. For the online application, please advise me on the appropriate VISA TYPE to choose from. Thank you

Justwise- pls advise. Thank you sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vicjustice: 10:03am On Jul 27, 2016
soulhighman:
Justwise, sorry to bother you again. I have started my visa application and I'm confused about what is meant by 'place of issue' and 'issuing authority'. It says as it is written in the passport, but on my passport ( which I did in Jos), there is no place written as place of issue whereas Jos itself is under the column for authority.
Thanks
Place of issue: that is the city, town, or district etc where the passport was issued (to you), for example, Benin City.
Authority (or issuing authority) means the code number or ID of the office that issued the passport (to you), for example 454. Refer to the bio-data page of your passport for these info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 1:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
Vicjustice:

Place of issue: that is the city, town, or district etc where the passport was issued (to you), for example, Benin City.
Authority (or issuing authority) means the code number or ID of the office that issued the passport (to you), for example 454. Refer to the bio-data page of your passport for these info.
I now understand the place of issue, I will just write Jos. But as for the authority, I could not find any 3 digit number on my bio data page. I could only find the passport number.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
soulhighman:

I now understand the place of issue, I will just write Jos. But as for the authority, I could not find any 3 digit number on my bio data page. I could only find the passport number.

Simply write Federal Republic of Nigeria (FRN)
Thats what i normally fill in that colomn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
customised87:

Simply write Federal Republic of Nigeria (FRN)
Thats what i normally fill in that colomn
Thanks a lot sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
I do put Nigeria Immigration Service......i do not think there is a standard formula for this and you should not be worried too much

soulhighman:

Thanks a lot sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
fakmurphy:
I do put Nigeria Immigration Service......i do not think there is a standard formula for this and you should not be worried too much

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
ITSURS:

Standard Visitor visa

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2016
soulhighman:
Thanks

Sorry i come late but Vicjustice has done justice to it

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
youseuph:

Many thanks Justwise for always been of help.

Good luck with your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2016
justwise:

Sorry i come late but Vicjustice has done justice to it
Thanks I've seen all the answers given. When I discovered the space wasn't enough to take thosse answers, I decided to write Nigerian government. I hope that will do since it is just to give an idea of who issues it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by canalarge: 10:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
Please A friend helped me to apply for six month visitor visa and I got the visa but it expired now.
They issues I have now is that, I want to apply for two Years and He is not around but I have all the information for my first application, can I do it myself with a new profile or it has to continue from the first profile. Please help

Please Justwise, Vicjustice and other person, do justice to this question Please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 6:36am On Jul 28, 2016
canalarge:
Please A friend helped me to apply for six month visitor visa and I got the visa but it expired now.
They issues I have now is that, I want to apply for two Years and He is not around but I have all the information for my first application, can I do it myself with a new profile or it has to continue from the first profile. Please help

Please Justwise, Vicjustice and other person, do justice to this question Please.

If you still have a copy of your previous form with you, go online and fill as same, all tht I believe must change is your date of arrival and address to where ur gonna be staying, If you have any other difficulties, come back here to ask for help. It's always good to do things all by your self.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by canalarge: 7:07am On Jul 28, 2016
[quote author=askari01 post=47954215]

askari01
Thank you very much, so that means I can open a new profile,it will not affect my chance of getting my two years as along as the information is correct from my previous application. Please elucidate. thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 7:41am On Jul 28, 2016
[quote author=canalarge post=47954918][/quote]

Definitely, New application but same info as before... if u need more info, then contact here, We are shareful givers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 10:01am On Jul 28, 2016
yolemum:
This a budget for 14 days,is it ok

Yh, the budget is perfect butu should include a copy of the accommodation reservation and explain in the space for additional information that its been paid for by the spouse.
I also dont think the duration of ur last stay should affect negatively.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mzjennypher(f): 1:05pm On Jul 28, 2016
Good day house,
i wish to apply for uk visa by dec but i want to travel to dubai first since i have no travel history. Kindly advice if the dubai trip is a good step to take.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.